Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:42:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BFGMiner 5.5.0: CPU/GPU/FPGA/ASIC mining software, GBT+Stratum, RPC, Linux/Win64  (Read 834129 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
pekatete

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2015, 08:51:00 PM

Ah, so the first should change with rpi ip correct?
Does "api-allows" is my router IP or my rpi device ip?
Nope, those are the IP's of the machines that can access the API; the first (127.0.0.1) is for the machine that bfgminer is running on, i.e if an rPi, then you can query the bfgminer API in an SSH window on the rPi and the second (i.e  the 192.168.1/24) is for, e.g your computer, more pertinently the network, where you'd want to access the bfgminer API from.

Nope. 127.0.0.1 is the loopback IP for the rPi (and the rPi is also on the network). Leave it alone, just change the network IP to reflect your local network if you want to be able to access the bfgminer API from any computer connected locally to your network, ie in the network IP range. NOTE: the network IP has 3 places followed by /24 as opposed to the usual four.

Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 09:03:38 PM
Last edit: September 07, 2015, 09:27:36 PM by toptek

--enable-gridseed that include those of 40 chips blade correct?

by default using ./configure CFLAGS="-O3" --enable-scrypt when you compile it  should add support for all Grindseeds, at least it did for me for my G back and my 80 chip 5.2 MH speed GS when i had it. I even tested adding in --enable-gridseed either way it worked , i think adding that makes sure it enables support for all grindseeds, but it's not needed from what Ive done .but

--enable-scrypt is no matter what if you want any kind of Scrypt support in BFG enabled.

I think CFLAGS is used for GCC optimization or any kind of optimization and  there is diff levels of speed you can set it at O2 O3 etc but I'm still learning how it all works and  can very well be wrong and first to admit it.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
splat44

Activity: 384
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 10:05:18 PM

Thanks pekatete

Ok toptek,

I think I understand  CFLAGS!

I took a double at that and I seems to suspect that some string shouldn't be in:
Code:
// build miner
git clone -b feature/gridseed-support https://github.com/nwoolls/bfgminer

If I am using Git from above code, I can replace with: https://github.com/luke-jr/bfgminer ?
However, setting on that same line I wondering:

-b feature/gridseed-support
Should the complete above string be included

--enable-gridseed that include those of 40 chips blade correct?

by default using ./configure CFLAGS="-O3" --enable-scrypt when you compile it  should add support for all Grindseeds, at least it did for me for my G back and my 80 chip 5.2 MH speed GS when i had it. I even tested adding in --enable-gridseed either way it worked , i think adding that makes sure it enables support for all grindseeds, but it's not needed from what Ive done .but

--enable-scrypt is no matter what if you want any kind of Scrypt support in BFG enabled.

I think CFLAGS is used for GCC optimization or any kind of optimization and  there is diff levels of speed you can set it at O2 O3 etc but I'm still learning how it all works and  can very well be wrong and first to admit it.
toptek
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 01:24:24 AM
Last edit: September 08, 2015, 02:08:42 AM by toptek

something like this ,

sudo git clone https://github.com/luke-jr/bfgminer.git
cd /bfgminer
sudo ./autogen.sh
sudo chmod +x ./configure  
sudo ./configure CFLAGS="-O3" --enable-scrypt --enable-broad-udevrules
sudo make
sudo make install
sudo ldconfig
lsusb

bfgminer --scrypt -S all -o your pool -u user -p PW

for my Gblade this is all i use

bfgminer --scrypt -o your pool -u user -p PW -S gsd:all --set gsd:clock=800

it stys at a steady stable 27 MH with low HW errors.

which i use every time there is a new BFG so far it works and adds supports for all my miners , if you watch at the end it tells you what is disabled and enabled and how to do it if it's not .

I do it inside a PI,  haven't tried in  windows yet but plan to. or know how to in windows with other software

cross compiling, I believe it's called Smiley .

I'm guessing at why you want those I know why just don't know the detailed way of explaining it were it makes sense .

this is not needed any more

build-essential autoconf automake libtool pkg-config libcurl4-gnutls-dev libjansson-dev uthash-dev libncursesw5-dev libudev-dev libusb-1.0-0-dev libevent-dev libmicrohttpd-dev hidapi

if you  do this

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade

BFG does the rest unless you use a custom made bfg or fork of BFG then you may need to add some stuff inside the BFG folder for it to compile right which I know how to. but see no need right now for a custom fork , it seems really stable for any thing you throw at it + there has been no real hard ware that has needed a BFG fork or they dislike BFG.
I added --enable-broad-udevrules

just encase after looking at the read me

Include udev rules for ambiguous devices which may not be miners

toptek
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 02:11:03 AM
Last edit: September 08, 2015, 04:34:58 AM by toptek

I took a double at that and I seems to suspect that some string shouldn't be in:
Code:
// build miner
git clone -b feature/gridseed-support https://github.com/nwoolls/bfgminer

If I am using Git from above code, I can replace with: https://github.com/luke-jr/bfgminer ?
However, setting on that same line I wondering:

-b feature/gridseed-support
Should the complete above string be included

Im not being a smart ass  i would ask

nwoolls hes pretty cool to. if your using his miner, i think hes only dropping support for the remote software part of his miner not the miner it self .

but you can try . it can't hurt any thing . expect the time you waste doing it .

The way I do it works every time with minera or without it . I haven't used multi miner that much so can't say.

if you look at the BFG read me is says gridseed is enabled by default Smiley .

--disable-gridseed      Compile support for GridSeed (default enabled)

PS  you may need this, this  time around : it seems 5.3 didn't pick it up nor did  sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade, just did a new SD install had to do that as well .

sudo apt-get -y install git-core build-essential autoconf automake libtool pkg-config libcurl4-gnutls-dev libjansson-dev uthash-dev libncursesw5-dev libudev-dev libusb-1.0-0-dev libevent-dev libmicrohttpd-dev libc-bin

toptek
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 05:13:15 AM

again sorry you want it for a mac , yea id ask  nwoolls i have no idea how mac works sorry never owned one even thu my first PC was a apple that's about as far as I went with apple/Mac etc .

bmoscato

Activity: 361
Merit: 267

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 02:36:33 PM

Were U1 and U2's supposed to change from AMU to CBM in 5.3.0?

This is what I was running 5.0.0 on a PC that I use for lottery:

Code:
bfgminer.exe -o stratum+tcp://solo.ckpool.org:3333 -u 14LxDWtRRdQAbnJdd4Ew5jwag8Bx9UfNRd -p x -S rockminer:all --set rockminer:clock=270 -S antminer:all --set-device antminer:clock=x0881 --api-listen --api-allow W:10.0.0/24
splat44

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 02:39:38 AM
Last edit: September 09, 2015, 04:31:33 AM by splat44

Just point out few things:
I am planning accessing the root by selecting password via remote aka putty.

You mention about you think that nwoolls dropping support for remote software in post #433
I'm sure you understand my reservation using his forked miner.

Yes, I agree on CFLAGS is GCC optimization and level of speed aka O2 O3.
Below link provides something on this and I hope it help:

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-software-2/cflags-o2-o3-does-it-realy-matter-213039/#post1086566

About code you provided, You'll see areas that have cross-through and update what need to be included. Consider my finding below code and see if they make sense!

code:
cd /bfgminer
sudo ./autogen.sh
sudo ./configure CFLAGS="-O3" --enable-scrypt --enable-broad-udevrules --enable-gridseed
sudo make
sudo make install
sudo ldconfig
lsusb

Chmod (see below)
chmod +x: makes the file executable by everyone.
chmod 777: making the file readable, writable and executable by everyone.
Since I plan having access as root, is there a need adding chmod anywhere?

enable-broad-udevrules: udev rules for ambiguous devices which may not be miners, since all gridseed are miners then there no such things as ambiguous devices to my undrstanding.

lsusb: "is  a  utility for displaying information about USB buses in the system and the devices connected to them." I think it a waste time to display that kind of information

After seeing my modifications, do they make sense?
Of course, I don't pretend knowing as I am in learning stage as well, and be free to give extra feedbacks!

something like this ,

cd /bfgminer
sudo ./autogen.sh
sudo make
sudo make install
sudo ldconfig
lsusb

for my Gblade this is all i use

bfgminer --scrypt -o your pool -u user -p PW -S gsd:all --set gsd:clock=800

it stys at a steady stable 27 MH with low HW errors.

which i use every time there is a new BFG so far it works and adds supports for all my miners , if you watch at the end it tells you what is disabled and enabled and how to do it if it's not .

I do it inside a PI,  haven't tried in  windows yet but plan to. or know how to in windows with other software

cross compiling, I believe it's called Smiley .

I'm guessing at why you want those I know why just don't know the detailed way of explaining it were it makes sense .

this is not needed any more

build-essential autoconf automake libtool pkg-config libcurl4-gnutls-dev libjansson-dev uthash-dev libncursesw5-dev libudev-dev libusb-1.0-0-dev libevent-dev libmicrohttpd-dev hidapi

if you  do this

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade

BFG does the rest unless you use a custom made bfg or fork of BFG then you may need to add some stuff inside the BFG folder for it to compile right which I know how to. but see no need right now for a custom fork , it seems really stable for any thing you throw at it + there has been no real hard ware that has needed a BFG fork or they dislike BFG.
I added --enable-broad-udevrules

just encase after looking at the read me

Include udev rules for ambiguous devices which may not be miners

toptek
Legendary

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 11:01:56 AM
Last edit: September 09, 2015, 12:43:16 PM by toptek

chmod +x:

you need no matter what that, i know from testing, it won't run or work unless you use that command .

Never tried

chmod 777  so can't say but may try now.

all you need from this line is

sudo ./configure CFLAGS="-O3" --enable-scrypt --enable-broad-udevrules --enable-gridseed

IS

--enable-scrypt

the read me says this is on
--enable-gridseed by default which is part of this --enable-scrypt  tested that as well .Smiley .

I did it with only --enable-gridseed it stopped at some point and told me i need --enable-scrypt to use --enable-gridseed Smiley .
I have used it with these lines --enable-scrypt --enable-gridseed i think adding --enable-gridseed  makes sure all grindseed are added even thu they are with --enable-scrypt , by Default.

I add this --enable-broad-udevrules

encase, it doesn't have be a miner to stop BFG from working if your PI has software that needs those rules  . i just add it encase it's  also added in minera as well the miners UI, check that out  btw  .. .it is really nice

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=596620.0

as far as i know you need all these line

code:
cd /bfgminer
sudo ./autogen.sh

you crossed out and modified it which make sense i think using just +x is so no one else can access it or a rights thing which i don't care much about either. I also Use WinSCP  or  http://winscp.net/eng/index.php?#utm_source=winscp&utm_medium=app&utm_campaign=5.7.5 and looked at the BFG Properties one time to see what chmod does , it adds the excutable code 0775 i think it is so bfg can be used other wise if you don't use chmod in some form it adds another code i forget what and BFG doesn't work . but I'm still learning and next up when i take the time to do it is cross compiling.

sudo ./configure CFLAGS="-O3" --enable-scrypt
sudo make
sudo make install

maybe not this one:

sudo make install

some say they have made it with using only  sudo make, i have yet to get it to work without using  sudo make install , after using sudo make .Smiley .

I tested to see it wouldn't compile other wise or didn't for me .

this line:
sudo apt-get -y install git-core build-essential autoconf automake libtool pkg-config libcurl4-gnutls-dev libjansson-dev uthash-dev libncursesw5-dev libudev-dev libusb-1.0-0-dev libevent-dev libmicrohttpd-dev libc-bin

if sudo ./autogen.sh doesn't work  or it asks for autoconf or any of those packages .

depends if BFG has a line added to one of the files when its updated to a new version, i forget which one off hand .

this line is to test the USB drivers or driver to make sure you see  your miner : Smiley , some times the driver don't enable right and sudo ldconfig may help it do it and all lsusb does  is show you a list of all your drivers.

sudo ldconfig
lsusb

This need i say why  ": ) Jk

HOPE this helps some . but tested it to see what works . let us know, I'm all ways willing to try less to do more .

PS : I set up three PI's the other day with three Proxy's  wish i had done that sooner .

cya hope all this help

edonkey
Legendary

Activity: 1150
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 02:35:10 PM

I built bfgminer from source today on a Raspberry Pi and the version returned from the resulting binary is 5.2 instead of 5.3:

Code:
./bfgminer --version
bfgminer 5.2.0-9-g484db74

This was a completely clean checkout and the usual configure, make, make install pattern:

Code:
git clone https://github.com/luke-jr/bfgminer.git
cd bfgminer/
./autogen.sh
./configure --enable-scrypt --enable-broad-udevrules
make
sudo make install
sudo ldconfig

Is this just a cosmetic problem with the version number, or is 5.3 not really on the git trunk?

Was I helpful?   BTC: 3G1Ubof5u8K9iJkM8We2f3amYZgGVdvpHr
toptek
Legendary

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 02:44:02 PM

I built bfgminer from source today on a Raspberry Pi and the version returned from the resulting binary is 5.2 instead of 5.3:

Code:
./bfgminer --version

This was a completely clean checkout and the usual configure, make, make install pattern:

Code:
cd bfgminer/
./autogen.sh
make
sudo make install
sudo ldconfig

Is this just a cosmetic problem with the version number, or is 5.3 not really on the git trunk?

IM gettting  5.2 as the biuld to but then up a few post luke said that's a bug so we wait i guess .

so i need to learn cross comping or use it on my PC as zip file and go that route and compile to my PI that way.

fryarminer

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 03:36:31 PM

Hey the link for 5.3 for Mac os is not working.
anagnam

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2015, 04:10:55 PM

Hi all,

I always get this log when my temperature is above 85.

Code:
[2015-09-09 18:59:38] XXX 0f being disabled
[2015-09-09 18:59:38] XXX 0g being disabled
[2015-09-09 18:59:38] XXX 0h being disabled

[2015-09-09 18:59:58] xxx 0a being re-enabled
[2015-09-09 18:59:58] xxx 0b being re-enabled
[2015-09-09 18:59:58] xxx 0c being re-enabled
[2015-09-09 18:59:58] xxx 0d being re-enabled

Is there a way I can set bfgminer to sleep until a certain temperature is met before it is being re-enabled again like when temp is 80 and above, disable it. when it cools down to 70, re-enable it. can this be done ?

thanks in advance.
Mikestang
Legendary

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 05:28:15 PM

Upgraded successfully to 5.3.0 on the machine I run bfg on, sticks are mining away happily.  Cool
splat44

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 12:11:35 AM

You already mention --enable-broad-udevrules just few post above, I'm wondering, will it hurt adding --enable-gridseed in addtion?

I understand luke mentions about a bug and I quess I'll wait alse!

Code:
./bfgminer --version

Code:
cd bfgminer/
./autogen.sh
make
sudo make install
sudo ldconfig

IM gettting  5.2 as the biuld to but then up a few post luke said that's a bug so we wait i guess .

so i need to learn cross comping or use it on my PC as zip file and go that route and compile to my PI that way.
splat44

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 02:52:46 AM

Don't know, I have a feeling it has something to do with GPU!

https://github.com/luke-jr/bfgminer/blob/bfgminer/README.GPU

Search for temperature, you might find settings you might want using with bfgminer executable or by re-building using linus.

I don't think this applies to asic miner as they don't produces as much heat.
However, if heat causing raspberry device, few suggested putting device on top of gridseed 80 chip device which cool down or you can purchase raspberry pi fan on ebay.

Caution: the a bug on recent version while we build it, if you planning re-building it from source, I suggest waiting until that's fix!

Hi all,

I always get this log when my temperature is above 85.

Code:
[2015-09-09 18:59:38] XXX 0f being disabled
[2015-09-09 18:59:38] XXX 0g being disabled
[2015-09-09 18:59:38] XXX 0h being disabled

[2015-09-09 18:59:58] xxx 0a being re-enabled
[2015-09-09 18:59:58] xxx 0b being re-enabled
[2015-09-09 18:59:58] xxx 0c being re-enabled
[2015-09-09 18:59:58] xxx 0d being re-enabled

Is there a way I can set bfgminer to sleep until a certain temperature is met before it is being re-enabled again like when temp is 80 and above, disable it. when it cools down to 70, re-enable it. can this be done ?

thanks in advance.
splat44

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 03:02:17 AM

Few members and including Luke reported a bug with recent version!

In fact a member did built this in raspberry PI:

Code:
/bfgminer --version

Try executing code above to see if is version 5.3.

If you can see current version, I suggest sharing with us how you did it, if you see different version, I suggest wait until bug is fix as Luke explain few posts above!

Upgraded successfully to 5.3.0 on the machine I run bfg on, sticks are mining away happily.  Cool
toptek
Legendary

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 03:43:29 AM

You already mention --enable-broad-udevrules just few post above, I'm wondering, will it hurt adding --enable-gridseed in addtion?

I understand luke mentions about a bug and I quess I'll wait alse!

Code:
./bfgminer --version

Code:
cd bfgminer/
./autogen.sh
make
sudo make install
sudo ldconfig

will it hurt adding --enable-gridseed in addtion   no  it won't . I don't because it is on by default im not saying don't, if you feel better doing it, then do it  Smiley . it may even help thu i have yet to see were it does . for sure add it if your having issue with any grindseed miner .Smiley.

toptek
Legendary

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 05:48:46 AM
Last edit: September 11, 2015, 12:10:40 PM by toptek

updated to BFGMINer 5.3 cleaned it up some

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade

sudo wget http://luke.dashjr.org/programs/bitcoin/files/bfgminer/5.3.0/bfgminer-5.3.0.zip
sudo unzip bfgminer-5.3.0.zip
sudo rm -r bfgminer-5.3.0.zip
sudo mv /home/pi/bfgminer-5.3.0 /home/pi/bfgminer

cd /home/pi/bfgminer

sudo make

sudo ldconfig
lsusb

./bfgminer --version

bfgminer 5.3.0
  Lowlevel: ftdi pci pci:uio spi usb vcom
  Drivers: antminer avalon avalonmm bfx bifury bigpic bitforce bitforce:pci bitfury cairnsmore cointerra drillbit dualminer erupter gridseed hashbusterusb hashfast icarus klondike littlefury modminer proxy proxy:getwork proxy:stratum rockminer twinfury x6500 zeusminer ztex
  Algorithms: SHA256d scrypt
  Options: ncursesw5

bmoscato

Activity: 361
Merit: 267

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 10:01:50 PM

Were U1 and U2's supposed to change from AMU to CBM in 5.3.0?

This is what I was running 5.0.0 on a PC that I use for lottery:

Code:
bfgminer.exe -o stratum+tcp://solo.ckpool.org:3333 -u 14LxDWtRRdQAbnJdd4Ew5jwag8Bx9UfNRd -p x -S rockminer:all --set rockminer:clock=270 -S antminer:all --set-device antminer:clock=x0881 --api-listen --api-allow W:10.0.0/24

Anyone?  Am I supposed to be running the Bitmain Antminer U1/2 as Compaq's now?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 »
  Print  

Jump to: