Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 11:20:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 [1076] 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
Paladin69

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 05:44:03 PM

Unfortunately, it now comes down to hoping these companies only sell a limited amount no matter what.

It would be nice if KnC could be trusted to do that.  But even if they did, there are too many competing companies now that won't.
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
matthewh3
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2013, 05:44:23 PM

KnCMiner, a Swedish manufacturer of Bitcoin mining machines, told us it made $3m worth of sales in just four days earlier this month. During this bumper sales period, which started on November 7th and ended on the 10th, the value of Bitcoin skyrocketed from $264 to $336.

"In four short days, we pushed $3m of equipment out the door. The increased activity around Bitcoin in just half a week undoubtedly had a sizable impact on our sales. We’re now focusing on doing everything we can to meet the demand we expect we will continue to receive, especially as Bitcoin’s popularity continues to soar.”

What equipment shipped "out the door" between Nov 7th and Nov 10th?

I think they meant batch two sales?

davewr2013

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Bitcoin For All

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 05:45:36 PM

They promise a lot, until they have your money. Then they do whatever they like, at their own pace. Hasn't anyone learned this yet?

Can't wait when they ship and guys start reporting how these ex-RMA boards are only hashing at < 100GH  Tongue

P.S. Bet they are kicking themselves seeing one of these boards selling for $3k on ebay. Sam's probably pinned bitcoinorama to the wall and screaming at him for suggesting they sell them for sub $1000/board Wink All that money they didn't make, will have to send every faulty RMA board directly back to customers now, not replace any, to keep profits healthy...

Where is the proof of your unit mining?

1) I really doubt bitcoinorama (no offense o'rama) is making pricing decisions at KNC. CEOs make those decisions and really have no one to blame but themselves.
2) Avenger, really, stop fabricating problems that don't exist. If KNC's products had so many faulty boards, then where did 4 network PH in 6 weeks come from? BFL?! LOL.
3) Where's your order? Where's your unit? Where are your friends? Oh right...you spend too much time trolling lying on bitcointalk to have any of those.

While I may agree with what you say the "trolling" and "lying" words just set people off for a lot of pointless posts.

He spent his money -- he has some legitimate points -- maybe just respond without the antagonism and people will exchange more useful information.

Thank you for reading this and thinking about it.

Give me this day my daily Bitcoin...
Paladin69

Activity: 784

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 05:47:27 PM

I don't understand.  They must be packaging and shipping them all at once.  I hope we aren't waiting on the extras beyond 200 that need to be produced.

2 days have gone by and nothing shipped?  I thought they were in stock?  Some people could've had them before the weekend.

This industry gives me ulcers.

you definitely should leave this business imo

You have to admit it is a bit two-faced to hear them acknowledge that "time is everything" while sitting on their hands at the same time.

They have all the time in the world to play patty-cake with upgrading their customer service reply system after they're done shipping the 28nm gen.

I would have though that you would need to wait until all November orders are shipped, seen as they paid before you. 

Things like that certainly need to be made known if that was the intention.  Being just one month late now is disastrous at the prices companies are still charging.
canth
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 05:50:45 PM

While I may agree with what you say the "trolling" and "lying" words just set people off for a lot of pointless posts.

He spent his money -- he has some legitimate points -- maybe just respond without the antagonism and people will exchange more useful information.

I choose my words carefully. I believe that Avenger is a liar who in fact did not spend his money on anything KNC related. There are plenty of legitimate customers who can offer valuable feedback, both positive and negative - we have no need to pay any attention to a deceptive troll without any valid KNC experiences to share.

*edit - added more detail

RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 05:54:35 PM

They promise a lot, until they have your money. Then they do whatever they like, at their own pace. Hasn't anyone learned this yet?

Can't wait when they ship and guys start reporting how these ex-RMA boards are only hashing at < 100GH  Tongue

P.S. Bet they are kicking themselves seeing one of these boards selling for $3k on ebay. Sam's probably pinned bitcoinorama to the wall and screaming at him for suggesting they sell them for sub $1000/board Wink All that money they didn't make, will have to send every faulty RMA board directly back to customers now, not replace any, to keep profits healthy...

1) I really doubt bitcoinorama (no offense o'rama) is making pricing decisions at KNC. CEOs make those decisions and really have no one to blame but themselves.
2) Avenger, really, stop fabricating problems that don't exist. If KNC's products had so many faulty boards, then where did 4 network PH in 6 weeks come from? BFL?! LOL.
3) Where's your order? Where's your unit? Where are your friends? Oh right...you spend too much time trolling lying on bitcointalk to have any of those.

How do you know that he actually has a KnC unit? I never saw any proof of that.

The Avenger

Activity: 798

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 06:00:40 PM

I choose my words carefully. I believe that Avenger is a liar who in fact did not spend his money on anything KNC related.
I paid KNC many thousands of dollars and I am unsatisfied with what I got for my money. Faulty goods, lousy service, lots of lies.

I can't be bothered with people like you canth, you now seem fully wedged up knc's arse and can't take on board anything.

"I am not The Avenger"
1AthxGvreWbkmtTXed6EQfjXMXXdSG7dD6
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938

LIR DEV

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 06:03:30 PM

Tech note**
one of the saturns that had a not-so perfect vrm was brought back to life permanently, by removing  the blue pci patch-cord, and plugging the pci power directly into the hashing board....  I attribute to a loose connection...

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
The Avenger

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 06:04:03 PM

Where's the proof you have a unit ChodeStress? Please give me your order number or you are a liar and have never bought anything from knc.

"I am not The Avenger"
davewr2013

Bitcoin For All

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 06:17:57 PM

Where's the proof you have a unit ChodeStress? Please give me your order number or you are a liar and have never bought anything from knc.

This is tiresome -- it's exactly what I was referring to.

Perhaps it would be better to send your complaints directly or take out a full page ad in a Swedish paper -- or whatever.

Beyond a certain point these exchanges serve no useful value without putting all sorts of personal information on the table to verify the stories.

Without complete disclosure -- how can we judge? That's the problem.

If you are completely unsatisfied, then offer to return the units for a full refund -- along with any Bitcoin earnings as the Bitcoin are likely unsatisfactory as well and probably have oogies on them.

Then you can buy a machine that mines acceptable Bitcoins -- if they go for the proposal. The proposal -- or similar -- will be considered -- I'm sure.

In the meantime -- if you have specific problems that you think people here can help with -- please lay them out -- even if it is a re-hash (pardon the apparent pun).

If I can provide any technical assistance I will do my best.

Having said all that -- if you want to continue complaining -- please do so -- it's not like we can stop you -- and I would not wish to.

Wishing you a cheerful day and sincerely wishing and hoping that you can resolve your problems.

RChevalier

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 06:38:16 PM

Tech note**
one of the saturns that had a not-so perfect vrm was brought back to life permanently, by removing  the blue pci patch-cord, and plugging the pci power directly into the hashing board....  I attribute to a loose connection...

Phoenix, what made you decide to try this out in the first place?
Scoobypup

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 06:42:52 PM

I discovered that adding a 5th board to my perfectly running Jupiter actually caused it to run at over 100Gh/s slower than having that 5th board in a separate miner (I have 2 Jups, but had to send 3 boards back for RMA). I know KNC stated that their system was supposed to be able to handle at least 1Th/s, but I've found this not to be true. It may just be a firmware thing though. The 5th board caused 5 Dies to not come online (low current issue) that otherwise work fine.

What firmware version were you running, and what power supply?

Both miners are running the latest 98.1 firmware on Seasonic Platinum 860w PSU's. Even with the 5 boards I wasn't even at 700w. Probably due to the fact that I had 5 dies off.
davewr2013

Bitcoin For All

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 06:50:47 PM

If this thread is to desolve into image wars, I declare this the winner.

Maybe....

I'm just curious how he determined their proclivities...Huh? same crowd?

I actually hope they can stifle the urges for more of the same -- it's an epic fail and a waste of everyone's time.

Some have certainly proved they are not worth the powder to blow them to hell.

Maybe when he ask's for help it will be returned in similar fashion...

Something to think about. Ah well!

Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 07:00:43 PM

Tech note**

I am a fuel technology researcher, specifically in the resonant electrolysis field (also consultant to a large Swedish gasification firm), and know through many many experiments, that by eliminating "Weak links" and resistance in general, ALWAYS improves efficiency, always. Our equipment relies heavily on electronic efficiency. So, with that in mind, looking at those long pci patch cords, had to try.

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 07:06:32 PM

Exactly... Smiley

edit...BTW Waldohoover...nice setup on reddit...yours?

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
CYPER

Merit: 502

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 07:12:10 PM

All images removed. Good I saved it on my hard drive  Grin
btc_uzr

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

let's have some fun

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 07:13:00 PM

All images removed. Good I saved it on my hard drive  Grin

seems like I missed sth  - which images ?

..and Thou shalt spread the coin in the name of cryptography for eternity
The Avenger

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 07:20:18 PM

All images removed. Good I saved it on my hard drive  Grin

seems like I missed sth  - what for images ?
And Canth took it as an endorsement, so not sure why mods removed it? Maybe RoadStress is sore...

An external link with content warning is okay with mods I assume?

Warning! For those of a sensitive disposition, this image contains references to male roosters and poultry handling:
https://i.imgur.com/23Y4R0A.jpg

"I am not The Avenger"
Ghrindy

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 07:25:02 PM

Tech note**

I am a fuel technology researcher, specifically in the resonant electrolysis field (also consultant to a large Swedish gasification firm), and know through many many experiments, that by eliminating "Weak links" and resistance in general, ALWAYS improves efficiency, always. Our equipment relies heavily on electronic efficiency. So, with that in mind, looking at those long pci patch cords, had to try.

+1 for a fantastic question (RChevalier) and an equal fascinating answer (Phoenix1969) !
jonoiv

Activity: 966
Merit: 526

🐺Dogs for President🐺

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 07:30:19 PM

I don't understand.  They must be packaging and shipping them all at once.  I hope we aren't waiting on the extras beyond 200 that need to be produced.

2 days have gone by and nothing shipped?  I thought they were in stock?  Some people could've had them before the weekend.

This industry gives me ulcers.

you definitely should leave this business imo

You have to admit it is a bit two-faced to hear them acknowledge that "time is everything" while sitting on their hands at the same time.

They have all the time in the world to play patty-cake with upgrading their customer service reply system after they're done shipping the 28nm gen.

I would have though that you would need to wait until all November orders are shipped, seen as they paid before you. 

Things like that certainly need to be made known if that was the intention.  Being just one month late now is disastrous at the prices companies are still charging.

You don't need of remind me of that, being a past BFL customer.

But the same could be said from the other perspective.  Who told the November order customers that they would send out another 27TH before the November orders shipped.  

Seen as the November orders paid first they should by rights, get their orders first.  Although they didn't say this, it should in my mind be taken for granted that the upgrade boards would e sent after the November batch.

I'm not having a go at KnC, but it should be made clear, and if they do say these upgrade boards will go first, I can accept that, but an apology for the oversight would be nice.

Signature for hire!
Pages: « 1 ... 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 [1076] 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: