Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 01:47:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 [842] 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 01:09:15 PM

However they did promise to manually remove it from the production line and now my status says "Full Refund Pending".

Avenger you are a nasty piece of work with an overt agenda, and zero knowledge of production. Once you send a customer order file to an automated production line, it's hard to alter queue positioning without causing a headache upstream at the point of assembly and delivery. The idea is this meant to be as efficient and streamlined as possible.

I think I am due an apology soon. And everyone who was told they could not get a refund because it was impossible.

P.S. And the "daily" production update. If KNC wait about 4 more hours, then it is the end of work day in Sweden and they will be updating us on 2 days of production - today and yesterday. That redines "daily" for me.

For what? That was the reason. They've just spent several days switching the order flow over to DHL's system. That's evident by the fact people are now receiving shipments via DHL, who seem to be late on sending tracking IDs. KnC have had contractors on site here and at the manufacturing facility the entire time liaising with both UPS and DHL. They listened to what was being said, and worked on creating a solution. Not all refunds can be issued mind, it depends on how far along the queue they have progressed and whether they can be manually be removed from the system at a late stage. A guy rang yesterday and dithered, he was told to give an answer promptly, and he procrastinated, so his order had progressed beyond the point of refund. If you want a refund the opportunity may, or may not be there dependent on where you are positioned along the assembly line.

Do you want a refund Avenger? I mean you are clearly disgruntled. I mean why put yourself through this unless you enjoy tormenting yourself *if* you are an unhappy customer?
I don't want a refund exactly BECAUSE I've been through this "torment". You think after months of reading forums, reading BS posts from people, taking shit from people like you, living through all the stress of missed deadlines, broken promises, I just want to see the money pop back into my account, all that for nothing?

No, I want an update on what the F is going on in Sweden. I want my order - yesterday. And I want an apology from you for all the propaganda you spread and the baseless shit you've said about me. Did you answer my post yesterday that challenged that "1000 units left" comment you made on the 9th? Because that's a real BS figure now. No, you never do. Now go be a good boy and tell KNC to update their LOYAL and extremely tired and stressed customers like they promised, least they break another promise.

What propaganda? You're owed no apology. Haven't you got a contact on the ground at the factory? That's precisely what you've been claiming. Also I those figures I stated the otherday were precisely what I had been told. I have not lied. Period.

I haven't spread any bullshit at anypoint, so good luck with that. Wink

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
realtime

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 01:11:41 PM

Bitcoinorama, any word on the next firmware? We heard customer support saying it was 'coming' a day or so ago?

Thanks as always.
The Avenger

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 01:15:42 PM
Last edit: October 17, 2013, 01:29:17 PM by The Avenger

What propaganda? You're owed no apology. Haven't you got a contact on the ground at the factory? That's precisely what you've been claiming. Also I those figures I stated the otherday were precisely what I had been told. I have not lied. Period.

That's great, you just proved how stupid you are.

News just in from sources in Sweden.

Production factory closes at 10pm every night and is closed over the weekend.

No wonder they are still pissing around turning out 70/day.

The guys at the end of the queue ain't gonna see diddly squat for weeks.

I in no way said I had "contact on the ground at the factory".

NOW, are you going to apologise for misrepresenting what I said and calling me a liar?

"I am not The Avenger"
1AthxGvreWbkmtTXed6EQfjXMXXdSG7dD6
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 01:16:09 PM

Bitcoinorama, any word on the next firmware? We heard customer support saying it was 'coming' a day or so ago?

Thanks as always.

It is i'm playing with 0.955 currently, and it's not ready, but 0.96b is on another dev unit and they are happier with that. I don't want to promise any times now, because they get picked apart to pursue me relentlessly with. At the end of the day the only person who has the say so as to when they are happy to release that are the software engineers working on it.

0.955 was 0.96 until it showed an undesirable increase in temp on some boards i'm currently testing.

Bitcoinorama

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 01:17:02 PM

NOW, are you going to apologise for misrepresenting what I said and calling me a liar?

You are a liar, you have no damn sources, you haven't a bloody clue where in Sweden the facility is.

Fact - Factory is open weekends - the damn Asics were delivered on a Sunday by Johan on a commercial flight, and DHL with a hand courier. 24 hours later the first prototype at full speed was filmed working.

Fact - the factory does not close at 10pm or we wouldn't have spent several days in there 24 hours around the clock.

Fact - you talk out of your arse, and when called upon started your own self-moderated thread bashing KnC for all their hard work and delete comments you don't agree with.

Fun with you has to stop now. Ciao.

The Avenger

Activity: 798

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 01:18:42 PM
Last edit: October 17, 2013, 01:28:45 PM by The Avenger

You are a liar, you have no damn sources, you haven't a bloody clue where in Sweden to look. Fun with you has to stop now. Ciao.

Wow, you call me a liar again once I prove that you were misrepresenting what I said. You are an embarrassment. Sad little boy.

"I am not The Avenger"
1AthxGvreWbkmtTXed6EQfjXMXXdSG7dD6
timmmers

Activity: 1176
Merit: 265

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 01:21:57 PM

SO. "In progress" is a hard thing to explain I guess.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin

.ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..

█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.TELEGRAM
Cablez
Legendary

Activity: 1400

I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 01:22:08 PM

DHL tracking numbers here this morning, yay.  Even better most of the trip has taken place already, should have them by tomorrow.

Tired of substandard power distribution in your ASIC setup???   Chris' Custom Cablez will get you sorted out right!  No job too hard so PM me for a quote
Check my products or ask a question here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74397.0
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 01:23:55 PM

SO. "In progress" is a hard thing to explain I guess.

Yes in progress is when the manufacturing facility opens the batch file in which your order segment is situated. You are bunched with surrounding orders that enter assembly at that point.

realtime

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 01:35:26 PM

Thanks as always.

It is i'm playing with 0.955 currently, and it's not ready, but 0.96b is on another dev unit and they are happier with that. I don't want to promise any times now, because they get picked apart to pursue me relentlessly with. At the end of the day the only person who has the say so as to when they are happy to release that are the software engineers working on it.

0.955 was 0.96 until it showed an undesirable increase in temp on some boards i'm currently testing.

Thanks good to hear progress being made, let them tinker away  Grin
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 01:38:22 PM

If you were a day 1 or day 2 customer, then you made a nice profit by now. Sucks for the rest of the customers who wont make ROI.

Keep dreaming. I've received my units on October 3rd, which was the day in which the very first Jupiters were delivered, and I mined back 24% of the cost of the units in BTC (remember that at the beginning of June when orders were paid BTC was at $100). In FIAT, I made slightly less than 35% including not only the miner but related expenses (PSU, UPS, etc.). If we do not include those "external" expenses, up to now I made back 38% of the pure cost of the unit in FIAT - that may sound good to some, but on the contrary is quite worrying considering that my units mined aprox. 1.8BTC per day and now they mine just a bit over 0.9BTC per day. If that trend continues for 3-4 difficulty jumps negative ROI is guaranteed, especially for those living in regions were electricity costs are higher than $0.1kw/h

Those who thought that mining was going to be wildly profitable were just ignorant fools. Mining has NEVER BEEN wildly profitable, just *marginally* profitable at best, and in fact historically BUYING BTC has always been a superior investment compared to MINING BTC. Of course there are a very few and notable exceptions, like Avalon Batch #1 units - but those are just that, very few and notable exceptions.

That said: all the above is not KnC's fault. They did a good product in a record time, its just that nobody can accurately predict difficulty with a 3 months advance.

Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 01:41:28 PM

Mining has NEVER BEEN wildly profitable, just *marginally* profitable at best,

Oh, but I beg to differ. Even with electricity prices that are among the highest in the world, it has been wildly profitable for me. But that was back when hardware was priced to sell to gamers regardless of its mining potential.
Xialla
Legendary

Activity: 1036

/dev/null

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 01:45:09 PM

If you were a day 1 or day 2 customer, then you made a nice profit by now. Sucks for the rest of the customers who wont make ROI.

Keep dreaming. I've received my units on October 3rd, which was the day in which the very first Jupiters were delivered, and I mined back 24% of the cost of the units in BTC (remember that at the beginning of June when orders were paid BTC was at $100). In FIAT, I made slightly less than 35% including not only the miner but related expenses (PSU, UPS, etc.). If we do not include those "external" expenses, up to now I made back 38% of the pure cost of the unit in FIAT - that may sound good to some, but on the contrary is quite worrying considering that my units mined aprox. 1.8BTC per day and now they mine just a bit over 0.9BTC per day. If that trend continues for 3-4 difficulty jumps negative ROI is guaranteed, especially for those living in regions were electricity costs are higher than $0.1kw/h

Those who thought that mining was going to be wildly profitable were just ignorant fools. Mining has NEVER BEEN wildly profitable, just *marginally* profitable at best, and in fact historically BUYING BTC has always been a superior investment compared to MINING BTC. Of course there are a very few and notable exceptions, like Avalon Batch #1 units - but those are just that, very few and notable exceptions.

That said: all the above is not KnC's fault. They did a good product in a record time, its just that nobody can accurately predict difficulty with a 3 months advance.

+1, exactly same here. very good summary and accurate numbers.
cognoscente

Activity: 111

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 01:48:08 PM

My overnight shipping is going to take 5 days from Sweden to Texas now that they have switched to DHL.  I would have preferred broken box and fans.  It never ends.
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 01:50:35 PM

No, I want an update on what the F is going on in Sweden. I want my order - yesterday. And I want an apology from you for all the propaganda you spread and the baseless shit you've said about me. Did you answer my post yesterday that challenged that "1000 units left" comment you made on the 9th? Because that's a real BS figure now. No, you never do. Now go be a good boy and tell KNC to update their LOYAL and extremely tired and stressed customers like they promised, least they break another promise.

LOL asking for an apology is great, what are you going to do if he doesn't give you one? Beat him to death with your keyboard?

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
realtime

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 01:59:52 PM

My overnight shipping is going to take 5 days from Sweden to Texas now that they have switched to DHL.  I would have preferred broken box and fans.  It never ends.

There was never overnight shipping even with UPS.
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 02:00:57 PM

Sorry bud, too many people complained about UPS.

elasticband
Legendary

Activity: 1036

Nighty Night Don't Let The Trolls Bite Nom Nom Nom

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 02:08:38 PM

having problems mining on 50btc, or should i say lack of mining. any ideas?

Stratum+tcp://pool.50btc.com:3333

root@Jupiter-104:~# cgminer -T
 [2000-01-01 17:24:55] Started cgminer 3.4.0
 [2000-01-01 17:24:55] Need to specify at least one pool server.                
 [2000-01-01 17:24:55] Pool setup failed

Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938

LIR DEV

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 02:10:11 PM

Sorry bud, too many people complained about UPS.

That sux, they really did well... 48 hours on first shipment, and looks to be same on these two...

IMHO it was the cheapo boxes.
 Grin

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 02:14:56 PM

Out of curiosity, what companies besides KnC offer refunds?

we are not exactly sure that knc offers refunds (imho) I was told on here that because our orders THAT came AFTER the deadline of Oct 15th you suddenly COULD get a refund. This may always have been the case for the November orders .but for the 1st knc run they locked out refunds beginning of OCT I think it was.

So reading that and on a chance and yesterday morning my 520x Saturn still said PAID I requested a refund ( by the time I get this order it will be nov 1st and nov 15th will begin shipping on the next run from knc miner at the reduced cost...so this seemed  a better plan and small window of opportunity...)

Like 1/2 hr later I got an email from customerservice@kncminer.com saying that it was in "processing" and they they would get back to me today on if they can pull the unit and give me a refund..so if you have an item with PAID still on it .you have to jump...not sure if they will pull items in processing may  have only done that cause it just changed status for my Saturn unit and the customer rep saw it.

anyway the only window I know for people in the 1st run to get refunds w/o resorting to paypal and cc disputes.......If they just send me the Saturn anyway say I can't get a refund I'll just eat it...probably and mine...but for $4K to use or save for another day ...under current 'dump' of asic devices what the heck worth a shot ...would not mind the 2nd toy but hey..if your gonna dangle a refund in front of me with the next month looming and I already have a Jupiter on the way....i'll bite...(of course all my choices are wrong....so we will see..in the btc world anyway)

The exact same thing happened with me - I requested a refund yesterday, and between the time I requested it, and the time they responded (a few hours), it changed to processing.  However they did promise to manually remove it from the production line and now my status says "Full Refund Pending".  I have given them my bank account info so hopefully it transfers smoothly.

Looks like I may have pulled the ripcord just in time.

Well...I have not gotten anything back on if they did as they said they were gonna try..to pull my 520x Saturn order..I sent an email it was paid 1/2hr later customer service got at hold of me said it was processing and said they'd get back to me today it is like 4pm there I think...so sent a follow up msg...but don't look good from the refund point of view...shiny hobby toy point of view (in comparison to bfl) at least it will ship (unlike bfl)....again just can't see it as being prudent if nov 15th stuff coming out from knc  at reduced price...doing this all over again next month....in lets spike the network again ..... and BFL it seems is slamming out mini-rigs now (probably getting sued)....gonna be ugly...if they ship the 2nd unit Saturn I'll just mine...but if they get me a refund that would be cool to....I'm in it for the long haul anyway...so the only way this is gonna work is if BTC goes up and in turn demand in use of BTC goes up as well....a bunch of knuckle head miners running around buying stuff and driving up the network...in the ASIC version of 'chicken' is gonna end in a nerd bloodbath.....that bubble will pop w/o the use and demand for the coin also keeps up (or so how I understand this)

so the question now becomes for when my KNC miner can't float the BTC boat anymore and my yet to be shipped APRIL  BFL stuff that is 'submarined' so to speak...I'll see you guys all on the

ASICcoin Site (ducks ..hey don't throw stuff in the forum you could take out an I)

...where asic miners shall go to die (much like the elephant's graveyard)....(I'll be damned if this stuff and especially  the BFL stuff will just sit in a closet....denial yeah that's the ticket..they said I was mad ...mad they  said ..I'll show them ......wanders off mumbling to self with slight drool effect .........)

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Pages: « 1 ... 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 [842] 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: