Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:52:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 [1081] 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 04:26:52 AM

Does anyone with a miner have a caliper to measure the thickness of the case.
Is it aluminium?

While I had mine apart I measured.

Looks like the bottom portion is 2.5mm thick, and the top is 1.5mm.  Both made from aluminum.

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
soapmodem

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 04:33:04 AM

Is there a way to start ckkolivas' cgminer (currently 3.7.2) and have it stay running after closing the Putty window?

I can get it running, but when I close Putty, cgminer quits too.

Thanks.
davewr2013

Activity: 238

Bitcoin For All

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 04:38:11 AM

polite requests are ignored

phonecalls go unanswered

{ etc. }

(ignore button is a pathetic threat made by pathetic individuals)

'do what i say or i'll press a button to ignore you without actually ignoring you' - awesome!

OK I wiped the drool... I opened my eyes.

Things still look the same....

Yes, some of the things occurred to me as well... I have My Saturn, It's churning out BitCOin. The sun will rise in the east Tomorrow...

Now, is there something we can help with?

Are there technical issues which we can help resolve?

Is there a question in there somewhere. Same to anyone else who agrees with you.

I am only going to hit the "ignore" button if:
  • people only complain; and,
    make no useful contribution; and,
    continue to have no questions; and,
    have no problems for which wish to enlist assistance.

It's not a threat. How can it possibly be a threat? It's just that I have only so much time -- and listening to someone who only complains uses valuable time and energy that could be spent asking for help or giving help. If I can do nothing for you and have no interest in hearing the same complaints constantly reiterated, I am doing everyone a favour by blocking out the plaintive voices and helping whoever needs it -- or just helping myself.

Hoping that this is all clear.

Give me this day my daily Bitcoin...
FUKT

Activity: 446
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 04:38:44 AM

polite requests are ignored

phonecalls go unanswered

emails are answered by an automated response that promises a human response that NEVER arrives

forum posts are ignored or smeared with dung by the lucky/paid/bored/ignorant

unreasonable demands are made of CUSTOMERS who are illegally referred to as BUSINESSES

it is a big scam, and we are the investdurrs.

that SOME of us made +ROI (in USD) is immaterial for those of us that did not.

boasting of your 'success' or your 'method' is irritating to say the least when genuine concerns are deemed as TROLLING.

wipe the drool from your mouth and open your eyes!

modules ordered & paid for AFTER november orders will be shipped this week? next week? so when will the november orders get shipped?

30th november just to stay 'honest'

1st of dec due to EXTRA modules needing to be shipped a week or so late?

do we have ANY say in what is expected?

i hate the fact that we have to backflip through hoops & moonwalk on eggshells to get what we paid for (a fully functional rig)

while the million dollar success story is plastered all over the world ignoring the multitude of LEGITIMATE concerns are overlooked or passed of as false

(ignore button is a pathetic threat made by pathetic individuals)

'do what i say or i'll press a button to ignore you without actually ignoring you' - awesome!

+1

+1
DPoS

Activity: 462

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 04:39:58 AM

I've always got a reply to my emails from KNC and I've been pretty critical but also gave plenty credit where it is due.

Perhaps people shoot off too many emails so they skip them

about shipping each module separately, they said UPS demanded it...  but I wonder where UPS's critic was when KNC shipped the miners?

Absolutely... and "too many" may also be marked as spam by most e-mail services and automatically plopped into the spam folder...

yup..  and I think since KNC and UPS had a spat about the miner shipments (knc yelled at UPS for broke boxes and UPS probably said pack it like you have brains)
So I can see where they want to make each other happy now

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
davewr2013

Bitcoin For All

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 04:42:52 AM

Does anyone with a miner have a caliper to measure the thickness of the case.
Is it aluminium?

While I had mine apart I measured.

Looks like the bottom portion is 2.5mm thick, and the top is 1.5mm.  Both made from aluminum.

I checked with a digital caliper and got the same measurements in case anyone thinks it needs confirmation.

Paladin69

Activity: 784

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 04:48:32 AM

about shipping each module separately, they said UPS demanded it...  but I wonder where UPS's critic was when KNC shipped the miners?

So UPS now dictates how much product a person can put in their own box?
davewr2013

Bitcoin For All

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 04:51:55 AM

about shipping each module separately, they said UPS demanded it...  but I wonder where UPS's critic was when KNC shipped the miners?

If the question is:

Is UPS big enough to dictate terms?

I would say yes. Been there -- done that. If you have ever owned and run a company you quickly become familiar with customers and suppliers that can dictate terms (of endearment?).

It sucks -- but it is the way it is...

edgar
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 04:57:06 AM

So I just soldered connectors into positions 5 and 6 on my Saturn's control board and connected the modules to them.  So far it seems to be working fine.

Now I just need my upgrade modules to arrive and I'll be ready to try making a 5-module miner.

Like an BOSS!!

@davewr2013 - i dont recall ever contacting you for advise, assistance or support...

Saturn "churning' out BTC....

Please direct your pointlessness elsewhere

Paladin69

Activity: 784

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 04:58:59 AM

If the question is:

I would say yes. Been there -- done that. If you have ever owned and run a company you quickly become familiar with customers and suppliers that can dictate terms (of endearment?).

I can imagine, I've just never heard of them being that nosey before.  People ship multiple computer products in the same boxes all the time.

To me, it sounds like the perfect excuse to overcharge for shipping.
DigginDeep

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 04:59:49 AM

Is there a way to start ckkolivas' cgminer (currently 3.7.2) and have it stay running after closing the Putty window?

Thanks.
Though on a side note my hardware error rate is slowly creeping back up to 6.8 already.  Going to try and downgrade to 9.6.1 my self and see if its any better.
Also bear in mind that if the hashrate looks higher artificially on the kncminer version, then the hardware error % rate will also look artificially lower.
Thanks...  So i take it i have to keep putty running to keep this version of cgminer? i notice when i close putty my miner stops and i got to reboot it to get it back online again.  Or is there a way to run this so i don't have to have my laptop on?  Also is there a way so it starts with this version after a restart?   thanks

If you start cgminer with this instead:
Code:
screen -dm ./cgminer -c /config/cgminer.conf

it will start in the background in a "screen session" so it will keep running.

Then you can "attach" to the screen with
Code:
screen -d -r
to see what's happening

Even if you close your ssh session or putty it will keep on running.

DPoS

Activity: 462

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 05:05:43 AM

I can imagine, I've just never heard of them being that nosey before.  People ship multiple computer products in the same boxes all the time.

putting 2 & 2 together I am thinking they 'had words' about that lame ass miner packaging and said up your game or go to someone else.

They do have really high costs shipping out from Sweden but I do not know how much you are allowed to put in an express box and how big of a box that KNC is packing their modules in...

either way, just wish they would ship them ASAP but looks like nothing till next week?  Why?

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 05:07:47 AM

about shipping each module separately, they said UPS demanded it...  but I wonder where UPS's critic was when KNC shipped the miners?

they can if you plan to insure it with ups fyi

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
bobsag3

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 05:17:08 AM

If the question is:

I know my UPS rep was pissed when I sent her pics of the box KnC used. She said UPS never should have let them ship with that thin a box in the first place- way under spec for what UPS is supposed to require for international shipments- the 4 Jupiters I shipped properly to Germany from the US arrived in 100% shape via UPS express, so UPS can do it.
davewr2013

Bitcoin For All

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 05:42:14 AM

If the question is:

I know my UPS rep was pissed when I sent her pics of the box KnC used. She said UPS never should have let them ship with that thin a box in the first place- way under spec for what UPS is supposed to require for international shipments- the 4 Jupiters I shipped properly to Germany from the US arrived in 100% shape via UPS express, so UPS can do it.

Bob:

I agree with your assessment of the packaging...

Both DHL and UPS can do it properly. The box was "under quality". I just shook my head when I saw it. The DHL delivery guy (contractor company for DHL) has dealt with us for many years on our international shipments -- he just shrugged and rolled his eyes as well. So I opened it up -- fixed up the fans and started it up...

That was one point where I really appreciated the "Heads Up" that I got here in this forum.

We package $40 items better than that $4000 Saturn was packaged.

...hoping that KNC is learning -- but not holding my breath... too dangerous.

If they gave me an option to chose "Real Packaging at extra Cost" -- I would happily pay.

davewr2013

Bitcoin For All

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 05:48:09 AM

putting 2 & 2 together I am thinking they 'had words' about that lame ass miner packaging and said up your game or go to someone else.

They do have really high costs shipping out from Sweden but I do not know how much you are allowed to put in an express box and how big of a box that KNC is packing their modules in...

either way, just wish they would ship them ASAP but looks like nothing till next week?  Why?

I wonder about the same things.... I think they have a professional "Hand Wringer" on staff who invents rules about fairness to  everyone and all those sorts of "causes"...

So I am guessing that they will make the new boards and test them and ship them all at the same time -- just to be fair...

I find it amusing but frustrating -- and I am likely wrong -- but it invites speculation when they do what they do...

Enough of this speculation. I have a new and very shiny Bald Spot -- I have named it the KNC dome -- in honor of all the head scratching they make me do.

At least the miners work. So far. And for that I am grateful. Grin

Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938

LIR DEV

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 06:05:33 AM

Off topic, I know... but you will appreciate this if you missed it....
http://youtu.be/1oGuKEazS5o

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
soapmodem

Activity: 157

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 06:10:03 AM

Thanks.
Though on a side note my hardware error rate is slowly creeping back up to 6.8 already.  Going to try and downgrade to 9.6.1 my self and see if its any better.
Also bear in mind that if the hashrate looks higher artificially on the kncminer version, then the hardware error % rate will also look artificially lower.
Thanks...  So i take it i have to keep putty running to keep this version of cgminer? i notice when i close putty my miner stops and i got to reboot it to get it back online again.  Or is there a way to run this so i don't have to have my laptop on?  Also is there a way so it starts with this version after a restart?   thanks

Code:

Code:
screen -d -r
to see what's happening

Precisely what I was looking for. Much obliged! Smiley
opentoe
Legendary

Activity: 1274

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2013, 06:19:58 AM

Serious, if KNC was passionate about the products they make and really cared for them, they would have never shipped them with thin paperboard and no internal packing. This kind of proves they care less about their product and are soley in it for financial reward. I would rather invest my money with a company that cares about their own products.

And with UPS. You can pack whatever you want into a box. Guys, do you realize how small and light these boxes are going to be? A computer board that weighs the same as a pack of bubble bum and the size of playing cards. A couple cables. All less then 16OZ in a tiny little box. It will be like getting an Intel Processor box. That small. Trust me, UPS said no such thing about having one in each box. This is the last time I'll be investing with this company. They move to slow, have a horrible presence in the community (if any at all) and once they have your money start to treat  you a little different. They'll eventually ruin everything for themselves. People don't forget. I'll never forget  I had to pay $205 to ship 16ounzes to the Eastern US with a weeks delay first. That sticks in me like a hot knife.

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
davewr2013

Bitcoin For All

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 06:20:32 AM

Thanks.
Though on a side note my hardware error rate is slowly creeping back up to 6.8 already.  Going to try and downgrade to 9.6.1 my self and see if its any better.
Thanks...  So i take it i have to keep putty running to keep this version of cgminer? i notice when i close putty my miner stops and i got to reboot it to get it back online again.  Or is there a way to run this so i don't have to have my laptop on?  Also is there a way so it starts with this version after a restart?   thanks

Code:

Code:
screen -d -r
[/b]
to see what's happening

Precisely what I was looking for. Much obliged! Smiley

This reference might me helpful as well.
http://www.computerhope.com/unix/screen.htm

I gave it before -- but the thread gets pretty polluted and it can be hard to find.

I usually just do a screen -r command after logging in.
Then when I want to leave CGMiner I just issue a "CTRL-A d" set of keystrokes which exits to a prompt.

Then I just close the putty screen.

For me that works.

Pages: « 1 ... 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 [1081] 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: