Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 12:04:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 [1117] 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049463 times)
wasubii

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 04:43:44 AM

Maybe KNC forgot to pay their freight bills?
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
opentoe
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2013, 04:58:28 AM

From the very beginning I wished they used FedEx. There are much less mistakes with FedEx and if you pay $300 for shipping on anything with FedEx they'll buy lunch for you that day. I want my god damn shipping charges refunded back to me. Pathetic.

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
davewr2013

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Bitcoin For All

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 05:06:18 AM

Maybe KNC forgot to pay their freight bills?

Weren't people complaining that they made too much money yesterday?

Surely they could pay their freight bills if they are rolling in cash.

Give me this day my daily Bitcoin...
DPoS

Activity: 462

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 05:06:26 AM

From the very beginning I wished they used FedEx. There are much less mistakes with FedEx and if you pay $300 for shipping on anything with FedEx they'll buy lunch for you that day. I want my god damn shipping charges refunded back to me. Pathetic.

I called, and international UPS said they are still in Germany and should be fine...  

lol we'll see

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
Nemesis

Activity: 462

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 05:07:43 AM

UPS sucks donkey balls and this has been proved many times, i dont know why KNC doesnt use Fedex for EU and NA, and DHL for Asia.
davewr2013

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Bitcoin For All

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 05:11:28 AM

Thats the normal message on UPS, things are well on their way...relax.
if you're alarmed...its because you haven't done much with UPS obviously.
All those tracking messages are good ones.
 Cool

Oh man you are such a wet blanket!

I had just worked up a good head of steam and was gonna bite the head off my pet dragon -- just for practice! (Before the UPS guy got here.)

Now you tell me it's OK. Better take a cold shower I guess. I am sooooo disappointed.

Give me this day my daily Bitcoin...
OmegaNemesis28

Activity: 280

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 05:14:17 AM

Thats the normal message on UPS, things are well on their way...relax.
if you're alarmed...its because you haven't done much with UPS obviously.
All those tracking messages are good ones.
 Cool

No, they are not normal.  It clearly says "exception" at the top of the tracking page and in the emails, and the estimated delivery date is gone.

Yeah mine says exception too. I've had UPS shipments from plenty of places without getting an exception, much less an email about how the package was left at a facility and suddenly appears backwards. But, maybe its just the Sweden facilities? I would be fine with that lol
r3animation

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 05:18:15 AM

My shipment also has an "exception" status and is still in Sweden. Sad
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 05:25:59 AM

This really is a triple fail.

First they ship each board in its own box for some reason and make us pay for it.

They they delay all the shipments until Monday, having told us before purchasing that they would ship out last week.

And now this.

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
kronut

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 05:42:52 AM

This really is a triple fail.

First they ship each board in its own box for some reason and make us pay for it.

They they delay all the shipments until Monday, having told us before purchasing that they would ship out last week.

And now this.

If the delay is truly due to UPS' fault, they will reimburse the shipping, or partially. However KNC will have to request the refund for their shipments, we can't do that.
bobsag3

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 05:47:59 AM

you guys are getting all worked up about nothing... This happens all the time with large scale international shipments. Source: I do it a alot, and mostly by UPS.
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 05:52:48 AM

you guys are getting all worked up about nothing... This happens all the time with large scale international shipments. Source: I do it a alot, and mostly by UPS.

Do they ever tell you why?

Maybe you should consider switching shipping companies.

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
opentoe
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2013, 06:02:34 AM

Alright, I'll chill until Wednesday the 20th, which was the expected delivery date. If they don't come that day then I'll get my panties all bunched up. KNC would never request refunds from UPS. If they told UPS what they actually charged for a tiny little box the weighed as much as a pack of gum they would be put in jail.

$100 I paid for each little box. That is a %200 markup. Damn, this bitcoin industry is just loaded with greedy ass people.

Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938

LIR DEV

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 06:30:16 AM

Exactly....  The Exception merely means they ran out of room on that plane, and will move tomorrow...
You guys complaining about UPS are truly clueless.

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938

LIR DEV

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 06:33:27 AM
Last edit: November 19, 2013, 06:59:42 AM by Phoenix1969

Alright, I'll chill until Wednesday the 20th, which was the expected delivery date. If they don't come that day then I'll get my panties all bunched up. KNC would never request refunds from UPS. If they told UPS what they actually charged for a tiny little box the weighed as much as a pack of gum they would be put in jail.

$100 I paid for each little box. That is a %200 markup. Damn, this bitcoin industry is just loaded with greedy ass people.

You didn't pay any less than KNC did.... this has been checked & verified in here
Yeah, a little box, with a declared 1000 dollar value, next day speedy air from Stockholm, where EVERYTHING costs triple.... thats a bargain. You will feel much better when they arrive...lol.
I live just about as far as you can get from Stockholm(Hawaii), and the miners all/ each arrived within 48 hours from the time they were picked up. 3 different orders. No RMA.
Here in Hawaii, I buy MANY things online, because its simply cheaper....and Amazon is one of my favorites, because they like UPS, and so do I. I always get the package, and have never had to return a damaged one. I have, however, had to drive to Hilo to pick up one "Held for pickup", once, in about ten years of using UPS every week and month. Fedex isn't even close to being what UPS is, and I shouldn't say that, because I have a brother who is a Fedex driver, in Oregon...  Tongue  But truth be known.... Fedex can't seem to find their way here half the time, and I make the 50 mile RT.
I also like the ups tracking, because it's very informative, and up-to the minute.....    but it can be misleading...  I have had the "Exception" several times. If you ar feeling panic, you can call UPS 24/7, and talk to a rep, who can help you quickly if there is a problem, like a misdelivered package to the wrong address. I had one just today, with the power-supplies I ordered, and called the hotline, where a nice lady promptly could see the problem, called the farm it was delivered to, and dispatched a truck to go get it back within the hour.... but I knew the people, and just walked down the street, talked with my buds, and carried my package home before the truck had a chance to turn around...   So, yeah, not in-foul-able, but a really, really good service imho.
Good night all, sweet dreams....peek at Gox or something before bed....Hahaha

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
opentoe
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2013, 07:33:05 AM

I have KNC a little over 11 bitcoin for 4 modules. Hardware worth $2850. Right now, according to bitcoin that is worth over $7500. Damn what a little profit you got over there KNC. I wonder how they knew bitcoin was going to rise? I don't see KNC taking a chance on $190,000 worth of orders and not knowing if bitcoin was going to rise or drop or not. They must of knew somehow. So they basically have an extra $5000 from my order....damn, we are on the wrong end here. Money is NOT in the mining, it's in the mining hardware and mining pools! All you need to do is bullshit your way through a few interview, register a company name and hire contractors to make your gear. You can tell your customer's whatever you want...cause apparently that's what's been going on since this all started and nothing has ever happened. This is something I may try.

I'm running the Corsair RM850 power supply and love it. Adding an additional two modules should be fine since I'm pulling 320 watts at the outlet and that's with the controller board and all the fans. Not sure why people are getting 1200W PSU's when they really don't need them. I thought straight out efficiency is better than anything.

Also, I don't know if it's the .99 firmware or not but all my cores have stayed on %100 since applied and I've been hashing at 283Gh/s consistently with very low hardware error rate now. I'm not touching a thing.

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 07:43:14 AM

well now that my miner has been running more then 24hrs on .99 and my 'at pool' hashrate on slush has improved 25gh plus ...was running a very stable 555gh on .95 so waited a bit to upgrade....
(shocking what 24hrs of burn in can do)...anyway my questions:

1) enablecores download on the knc site..... do you install this the same way you install update firmware like .99 binary?

2) any danger to using this (overclocks?) core temps are higher etc? for my setup since .99 upgrade I have like 4 cores poping off/on once in a great while 1 every 1/2h or so..should I even bother?

3) the 'memory leak" people talk about when slow creep lose of hash rate (minuscule I guess) by running the knc screen all the time on the miner or putty on all the time..anyway has this leak been fixed on new version..of cgminer?   thoughts? or so lame in gh loss no big deal?

4)  as to being better dumb and lucky vs any planning on all this is $15,750 usd (21btc at 750/coin) a good haul for 31 days of mining (hell yes) and being as smug as we all are (was it unacceptable who has 11 Jupiters ...the glory...the mind boggles) ....will I ever be able go back to "bitcoin miner peasant status" if *gasp* BTC goes back down to only $200 bucks a coin..(still a good return from when I started my month of mining at $150..ah Good old BTC days or yore....where you say stuff " the good old days of btc at $150 and you mean 1 month ago*

5) Is all this BTC up Drama etc weirder then heck? as I write this www.mtgox.com is at $793 USD

my 2c worth
Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4102
Merit: 1632

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2013, 08:31:53 AM

3) the 'memory leak" people talk about when slow creep lose of hash rate (minuscule I guess) by running the knc screen all the time on the miner or putty on all the time..anyway has this leak been fixed on new version..of cgminer?   thoughts? or so lame in gh loss no big deal?
Only checking on it via the web interface will cause this, not monitoring via ssh/putty.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 08:36:41 AM

Only checking on it via the web interface will cause this, not monitoring via ssh/putty.

thanks always best to get this from the source

by the by you've been mining a long time...gonna sell all your BTC and buy and Island or something ..myself I've made 21 coins in a month with a Jupiter and the temptation to take the profits and run amuck with a sports car or and/other mid life crisis is strong..have no idea if you have like 100 plus coins what the last week feels like.

heh

thanks for your efforts we appreciate them

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 09:13:00 AM
Last edit: November 19, 2013, 09:28:15 AM by Biffa

Thats the one I would get, its the cheapest >1000W PSU in the UK and gets a super high rating at jonnyguru.

Quote from: jonnyguru
http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story6&reid=349

With a total score even higher than the 1kW model, the EVGA G2 1300 watt unit takes everything that is good about little brother and somehow manages to completely obliterate the competition by bringing it to market at an unbeatable price. All things considered, I don't know of any one single power supply at or near this power level that can do the job any better. This... is the power supply to beat at the 1300 watt level right now. It is that damn good. This is the power supply that makes you say, "screw Platinum efficiency, I'm getting an EVGA G2 1300 instead." Heck, I want one, and I already have one.

The Good:
  • beyond excellent voltage regulation
  • beyond excellent ripple suppression
  • better than 87% efficiency all the way down to the 10% load level
  • fully modular
  • extremely affordable
  • 10 year warranty
The Bad:
  • nothing at all

The Mediocre:
  • could use a better manual
  • Capxon on the modular board

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
Pages: « 1 ... 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 [1117] 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: