Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 06:12:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 [242] 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 ... 417 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [OS] nvOC easy-to-use Linux Nvidia Mining  (Read 417954 times)
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 10:46:46 PM

This one is for coders:
Code:
function genoil_statics ()

{
#### Arrange the output for Genoil statics

if [[ "$ETHMINER_or_GENOIL_or_CLAYMORE" == "GENOIL" ]]; then

# Check if Genoil is running. Note that I have to search the full path as there is a few miners with the same exec's name
    ps aux | grep -v grep | grep miner | grep -q "$KEY_GENOIL"
    if  [[ $? -eq 0 ]]; then
        GENOIL_IS_RUNNING="YES"
        TIMEOUT_FOR_TIMEOUT_IN_SECONDS=20       # The timeout for the command timeout to wait
        GENOIL_NUMBER_OF_HASHRATES_TO_SHOW=3    # Default 3, and I want to keep this value independent for each miner
        echo
        echo "It seems that GENOIL is running!!"

# Extract the output from screen
        echo "Running timeout+script+screen for $TIMEOUT_FOR_TIMEOUT_IN_SECONDS seconds"
        timeout $TIMEOUT_FOR_TIMEOUT_IN_SECONDS script -q ~/kk003_telegram_data/files/output_miner_from_screen --command "screen -dr miner"
        sleep 2
#      screen -d miner # does not seem to need to be Detached

# I don't see any valuable information than the total hashrate (I'll show a few at last)
        # Surprise!!!, sed 's/ /\n/g' no convierte espacios en saltos de linea, pero la misma linea en la consola si lo hace!!!
        TOTAL_HASHRATE=$(cat ~/kk003_telegram_data/files/output_miner_from_screen | grep "Mining on PoWhash" | cut -d":" -f4 |  cut -d" " -f2 | sed 's/ /\n/g' | tail -$GENOIL_NUMBER_OF_HASHRATES_TO_SHOW

# Mount the little thing Genoil gives us
        #
        echo "Latest total hashrates : " > ~/kk003_telegram_data/files/miner_statics.txt
        echo $TOTAL_HASHRATE >> ~/kk003_telegram_data/files/miner_statics.txt

echo "Latest total hashrates   : " > ~/kk003_telegram_data/files/miner_statics_log_file.txt
        echo $TOTAL_HASHRATE >> ~/kk003_telegram_data/files/miner_statics_log_file.txt

# Insert the Title for Genoil mining information
        sed -i "1s/^/** Genoil mining  Information **\n/" ~/kk003_telegram_data/files/miner_statics.txt
        sed -i "1s/^/\n/" ~/kk003_telegram_data/files/miner_statics.txt

sed -i "1s/^/** Genoil mining  Information **\n/" ~/kk003_telegram_data/files/miner_statics_log_file.txt
        sed -i "1s/^/\n/" ~/kk003_telegram_data/files/miner_statics_log_file.txt

else
        echo "Genoil does not seem to be running!!. Skiping this bit."
        GENOIL_IS_RUNNING="NO"
    fi
fi
}

I found out a way to capture the output from screen in real time. See the lines:

Code:
# Extract the output from screen
        echo "Running timeout+script+screen for $TIMEOUT_FOR_TIMEOUT_IN_SECONDS seconds"
        timeout $TIMEOUT_FOR_TIMEOUT_IN_SECONDS script -q ~/kk003_telegram_data/files/output_miner_from_screen --command "screen -dr miner"
        sleep 2
#      screen -d miner # does not seem to need to be Detached

This run screen for 20 seconds (timeout command) and saves output to file ~/kk003_telegram_data/files/output_miner_from_screen (script command). -dr forces to attach miner (so if user have screen open in a terminal will close it and the script will do its job). After 20 seconds miner is detached without need to send CTRL+d.
This works better if ran from a non interactive terminal, ejem: from nvoc system  Tongue.

This means it is possible to capture the output of any miner even if all of it shows only on terminal (no log file, web server, argument -L on screen, etc).
I hope it will be useful for you too.

PD: if you use "tail -f file" to watch the output in real time don't trust what you see. The real output is in the file (do a cat file or whatever). Keep in main, if you log the output of your script probably you'll get those 20 seconds from screen in the log file too.

Nice; this is very useful.  Even as a methodology it can be applied to many different features.  Smiley
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 10:53:34 PM

Regarding basic vs. advanced 1bash... I'd like to see it broken into three pieces.

• I would love to see the logical functions in the 1bash; choices of logic and add-ons to use (or not, for basic.) Many of us would largely use the same settings on groups of rigs, but the file necessarily changes with every update.
  • I would love to see the per-GPU and per-coin OC settings broken out into another stand-alone file; these all need to preserved between versions and rebuilds, but are completely unique to each rig. Persistent but local.
  • I would love to see the Addresses, Workers, Pools, Ports section become a stand-alone file; these are all the same on all my rigs, and when I change any, I want to change them on all my rigs. These don't change for rebuilds or for upgrades and need to be copied every time. Persistent and global.

Just a thought.

What do you think about CryptAtomeTrader44's idea and my thoughts on how to use it?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1854250.msg23380597#msg23380597

Would this work for you?
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 10:59:27 PM

Good to see you back on track fullzero. Hope you are doing good Smiley

I have a question about new ALT coins being added to 1bash. I guess you prob. have already seen the discussion between other members.

I would like to know your opinion about adding new ALT coins, some of them are not even on exchanges (some may never go as you never know).

Some of our members think that its already filled up with JUNK coins, you think adding them would be no point? or adding them for some beginners who can't find them on their own?

I would be happy with either of options  I can add myself as many coins I want, but I will exclude them (not all but only some) and only add the requested coins in my 1bash update.

I would also like to ask your opinion about having a nvOC telegram channel to share and discuss different things, if you think it is a good idea then I'm happy to start one.

I know we already have btctalk platform as medium but having a channel will make expand it more IMHO.

NOTE : Other members are also welcome to speak up their opinion about telegram channel & having upcoming ALT coins in 1bash. 

IMO any coin a member wants to mine should be in the advanced 1bash by default. 

Perhaps I should make 3 versions of 1bash for v0020 to give everyone the 1bash they're looking for.

a simple 1bash

an advanced 1bash with only primary COIN selections

an advanced 1bash with all COIN selections

?
CryptAtomeTrader44

Activity: 340
Merit: 103

It is easier to break an atom than partialities AE

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 11:00:17 PM

There are lots of ways to organize configuration.  The largest problem I have found regarding how the configuration is organized is that some users want more settings and others want less.  It is annoying to update a new version of 1bash with your addresses / pools; especially if you aren't using any of the new features.  At the same time I want to offer as many advanced features as possible.

I do like the idea of being able to export / import ones settings from a csv or json file.  This would greatly simplify the process of updating, which is why I think it will be a good feature to add.  However I don't think it should be used to replace settings in 1bash, but rather to allow members to export / import their settings more easily if desired.

As a very large number of users only mine the primary coins, and new members just want to start mining a primary coin as easily as possible; I intend to address this issue by making a simple 1bash for v0020. 

The simpler 1bash will be for members who just want to start mining primary coins and aren't concerned with perfect optimization / advanced features ( I will make logic to auto OPT based on my own OC settings / pools / the users location ).  For v0020 I will make the default 1bash as simple as possible; I will include a normal (advanced 1bash) inside a directory (folder) named advanced or something similar.  3main will detect if the simple or advanced 1bash is used and execute accordingly.  Thus new members will have the simplest possible 1bash to configure to get up and mining; and advanced users will only have to overwrite the simple 1bash with the one in the advanced directory.

Everyone should then be able to use the simple, the normal (advanced) or customize the automation features of the simple to mix a simpler 1bash with advanced customization.

IMO this combined with csv or json import / export should cover all the use cases without forcing anyone to use a configuration method they view as too simple or too complex.

There is no problem with yours solutions hold out.

you are the creator and pilot of this project. As I wrote, I will wait and continue mining on Scott Alfter's script pending the next stable version. The V0020 from what I understand by reading you...
CryptAtomeTrader44

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 11:20:03 PM

Regarding basic vs. advanced 1bash... I'd like to see it broken into three pieces.

• I would love to see the logical functions in the 1bash; choices of logic and add-ons to use (or not, for basic.) Many of us would largely use the same settings on groups of rigs, but the file necessarily changes with every update.
  • I would love to see the per-GPU and per-coin OC settings broken out into another stand-alone file; these all need to preserved between versions and rebuilds, but are completely unique to each rig. Persistent but local.
  • I would love to see the Addresses, Workers, Pools, Ports section become a stand-alone file; these are all the same on all my rigs, and when I change any, I want to change them on all my rigs. These don't change for rebuilds or for upgrades and need to be copied every time. Persistent and global.

Just a thought.

Yes, I also support this proposal. Very good synthesis readable and understandable.
3 separation would be even better than two.

Indeed, rewriting all these addresses in the 1bash at each update is too time consuming and discourages me from updating every BETA update.
This proposal would probably help me to update more often.

Fullzero is also right in saying that the new user must first be able to start the mining quickly and take the time to dig the advanced features once the rig is started.
Ibizian

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 11:57:06 PM

Having issues!! Getting error NO SCREEN TO RESUME NAMED MINER. Info below.

I am new and this is my first attempt at building a miner.

I am running an Asus Z270 MOBO with  Asus GTX 1070 cards (1 now, will go to 3or more) I setup my0 bios using all the tips I could find in this rather large thread!

My issue is once I boot using your package it starts perfect then says "no screen to resume named miner." I F12 and type screen -r miner and I get the same error. I have not used Linux in almost 10 years when I was in college but I am computer literate. I know this is a simple issue of the package not finding MINER... So how do I help it find miner so I can get this rig built?? I did find one post that says to put a "switch" file in the folder, but I could not find any more on what that switch file is, or what folder or location to put it in really! I tried to figure this out on my own. Been hunting for it since last night, but alas I am in over my head and now humbly ask for help.

Oh and is there a way to lengthen the reboot timeout? It generally likes to reboot right as I am in the middle of thinking I got it solved!! Of course I don't!

Any help is most appreciated. I know I have a TON more reading to do, I just wanted to get it up and running so I could show my system works and then get into the serious tweaking of it!

What COIN are you mining; and what are the settings you have for that COIN in 1bash?

I attempted both ZEN and ZEC.
I followed VOSKCOIN's video on setup and I only changed the wallet, name and like one other thing.

ZEC_WORKER="$Ibizian"
ZEC_ADDRESS="znbXu4BkWVyT9J9SYUbfrQiSzfgHcVJ1xLE"
ZEC_POOL="zec-us-east1.nanopool.org"
ZEC_PORT="6666"

EWBF_VERSION="3_4" # choose 3_3  or  3_4

# change EWBF_PERCENT to alter donation percent for EWBF Miner
EWBF_PERCENT=0

#ZClassic
ZCL_WORKER=$WORKERNAME
ZCL_ADDRESS="replace_with_your_ZCL_address"
ZCL_POOL="us.zclmine.pro"
ZCL_PORT="9009"

#For Nice Equihash
NICE_EQUIHASH_WORKER=$WORKERNAME
NICE_EQUIHASH_ADDRESS=$BTC_ADDRESS
NICE_EQUIHASH_POOL="equihash.usa.nicehash.com"
NICE_EQUIHASH_PORT="3357"

KMD_WORKER=$WORKERNAME
KMD_ADDRESS="replace_with_your_KMD_address"
KMD_POOL="luckpool.org"
KMD_PORT="3857"

ZEN_WORKER="$Ibizian"
ZEN_ADDRESS="t1VA2CNJc1xv2g2mEtyGpdvVpfZy7LcS9c6"
ZEN_POOL="luckpool.org"
ZEN_PORT="3057"

Unfortunately I know the rig works as I just tested it on nicehash miner for windows. I really want to use yours tho!
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 12:09:08 AM

Having issues!! Getting error NO SCREEN TO RESUME NAMED MINER. Info below.

I am new and this is my first attempt at building a miner.

I am running an Asus Z270 MOBO with  Asus GTX 1070 cards (1 now, will go to 3or more) I setup my0 bios using all the tips I could find in this rather large thread!

My issue is once I boot using your package it starts perfect then says "no screen to resume named miner." I F12 and type screen -r miner and I get the same error. I have not used Linux in almost 10 years when I was in college but I am computer literate. I know this is a simple issue of the package not finding MINER... So how do I help it find miner so I can get this rig built?? I did find one post that says to put a "switch" file in the folder, but I could not find any more on what that switch file is, or what folder or location to put it in really! I tried to figure this out on my own. Been hunting for it since last night, but alas I am in over my head and now humbly ask for help.

Oh and is there a way to lengthen the reboot timeout? It generally likes to reboot right as I am in the middle of thinking I got it solved!! Of course I don't!

Any help is most appreciated. I know I have a TON more reading to do, I just wanted to get it up and running so I could show my system works and then get into the serious tweaking of it!

What COIN are you mining; and what are the settings you have for that COIN in 1bash?

I attempted both ZEN and ZEC.
I followed VOSKCOIN's video on setup and I only changed the wallet, name and like one other thing.

ZEC_WORKER="$Ibizian"
ZEC_ADDRESS="znbXu4BkWVyT9J9SYUbfrQiSzfgHcVJ1xLE"
ZEC_POOL="zec-us-east1.nanopool.org"
ZEC_PORT="6666"

EWBF_VERSION="3_4" # choose 3_3  or  3_4

# change EWBF_PERCENT to alter donation percent for EWBF Miner
EWBF_PERCENT=0

#ZClassic
ZCL_WORKER=$WORKERNAME
ZCL_PORT="9009"

#For Nice Equihash
NICE_EQUIHASH_WORKER=$WORKERNAME
NICE_EQUIHASH_ADDRESS=$BTC_ADDRESS
NICE_EQUIHASH_POOL="equihash.usa.nicehash.com"
NICE_EQUIHASH_PORT="3357"

KMD_WORKER=$WORKERNAME
KMD_ADDRESS="replace_with_your_KMD_address"
KMD_POOL="luckpool.org"
KMD_PORT="3857"

ZEN_WORKER="$Ibizian"
ZEN_ADDRESS="t1VA2CNJc1xv2g2mEtyGpdvVpfZy7LcS9c6"
ZEN_POOL="luckpool.org"
ZEN_PORT="3057"

Unfortunately I know the rig works as I just tested it on nicehash miner for windows. I really want to use yours tho!

try this:

ensure:

Code:
COIN="ZEC"

ZEC_WORKER="Ibizian"

having the $ symbol at the beginning creates a reference to a variable which does not exist.
msmde

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 12:11:26 AM

first time user of nvoc - thanks for putting this software out there free to use!

i imaged nvoc to a 16 gb sandisk USB. glanced at the bash1 file and figured that i'd modify it later once I know the USB boot will work. got the USB boot working but now the bash1 file doesn't show up on the USB, though almost all 16 gb has been used. linux still boots on rig just fine.

a windows laptop shows the bash1 file as a .swc filetype, so it's still there.

anyone else have this problem?
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 12:15:43 AM

There are lots of ways to organize configuration.  The largest problem I have found regarding how the configuration is organized is that some users want more settings and others want less.  It is annoying to update a new version of 1bash with your addresses / pools; especially if you aren't using any of the new features.  At the same time I want to offer as many advanced features as possible.

I do like the idea of being able to export / import ones settings from a csv or json file.  This would greatly simplify the process of updating, which is why I think it will be a good feature to add.  However I don't think it should be used to replace settings in 1bash, but rather to allow members to export / import their settings more easily if desired.

As a very large number of users only mine the primary coins, and new members just want to start mining a primary coin as easily as possible; I intend to address this issue by making a simple 1bash for v0020. 

The simpler 1bash will be for members who just want to start mining primary coins and aren't concerned with perfect optimization / advanced features ( I will make logic to auto OPT based on my own OC settings / pools / the users location ).  For v0020 I will make the default 1bash as simple as possible; I will include a normal (advanced 1bash) inside a directory (folder) named advanced or something similar.  3main will detect if the simple or advanced 1bash is used and execute accordingly.  Thus new members will have the simplest possible 1bash to configure to get up and mining; and advanced users will only have to overwrite the simple 1bash with the one in the advanced directory.

Everyone should then be able to use the simple, the normal (advanced) or customize the automation features of the simple to mix a simpler 1bash with advanced customization.

IMO this combined with csv or json import / export should cover all the use cases without forcing anyone to use a configuration method they view as too simple or too complex.

There is no problem with yours solutions hold out.

you are the creator and pilot of this project. As I wrote, I will wait and continue mining on Scott Alfter's script pending the next stable version. The V0020 from what I understand by reading you...

Just a thought.

Yes, I also support this proposal. Very good synthesis readable and understandable.
3 separation would be even better than two.

Indeed, rewriting all these addresses in the 1bash at each update is too time consuming and discourages me from updating every BETA update.
This proposal would probably help me to update more often.

Fullzero is also right in saying that the new user must first be able to start the mining quickly and take the time to dig the advanced features once the rig is started.

I don't have a problem adding the capacity to use other files in this way; or adding them as a usable option: what I wish to avoid is requiring users to configure multiple files  if they don't want to.  Thus I can all these additional config files: and have them be selectively imported to or exported from 1bash, or ignored as is desired by each user.

fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 12:17:52 AM

first time user of nvoc - thanks for putting this software out there free to use!

i imaged nvoc to a 16 gb sandisk USB. glanced at the bash1 file and figured that i'd modify it later once I know the USB boot will work. got the USB boot working but now the bash1 file doesn't show up on the USB, though almost all 16 gb has been used. linux still boots on rig just fine.

When you boot nvOC for the first time; the 1bash in the first partition (I usually call this: the Windows partition) is copied to the /home/m1 directory (click the file cabinet icon on the left to open this directory (folder) ).

msmde

Activity: 73

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 12:38:31 AM

When you boot nvOC for the first time; the 1bash in the first partition (I usually call this: the Windows partition) is copied to the /home/m1 directory (click the file cabinet icon on the left to open this directory (folder) ).

thanks for the quick response - i'll try this once i get my usb back up and running. did some formatting and partitioning without knowing what i'm doing and it looks like i made a lot more work for myself
Ibizian

Activity: 11

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 01:13:50 AM
Last edit: October 23, 2017, 03:20:40 AM by Ibizian

try this:

ensure:

Code:
COIN="ZEC"

ZEC_WORKER="Ibizian"

having the $ symbol at the beginning creates a reference to a variable which does not exist.
[/quote]

Still Same error.

I know very little about this but it seems it is not connecting to something. On the Terminal side it keeps saying SCREEN IS TERMINATING.

Should it be set to ZM or EWBF??
MentalNomad

Activity: 83

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 01:36:58 AM

[clip]

What do you think about CryptAtomeTrader44's idea and my thoughts on how to use it?

Would this work for you?

I would learn to make it work for me. Having the wallets/pools exported would ease the upgrade process. But I don't see a need to change the format to csv or json... the current text file format works fine. The only complication comes from the fact that it's not preserved between updates and rebuilds.

Also, while I deeply appreciate that you want to make this simple for novices, I think you may be mistaking what parts are 'difficult' versus 'easy' for most novices. Once someone has the know-how to modify a text file on a USB stick, it doesn't make much difference whether they modify one, two, or three files. The confusing things are more along the lines of, "where is that file now that I'm running Ubuntu?" And I understand what "unix" and "main" mean, but what is "bash?"

(No joke; I'm from Windows land, and I had those questions. I put a text file with my wallet/pool info on the USB, but after first boot, I could not find it. Took me a long time to find the "media" folder! I also remember having a separate download of the 1bash, several versions ago, with instructions to put it in the "user home folder." So I put it into "/home" and couldn't figure out why it wouldn't pick up my settings. Also, I didn't know what the "m1" subfolder was for. Stupid newb!)

I actually think it would be simpler for new users to have three files to configure. Say,

1settings
1overclocking
1wallets

And 3main would begin with:
Code:
#!/bin/bash

source ~/1settings
source ~/1overclocking
source ~/1wallet

1settings could open with:

Code:
#!/bin/bash

# MINIMUM SETUP: Select a coin below and set your wallet/pool information in the file 1wallet
#     NOTE: If you do not set your wallet/pool info in 1wallet, you will be making a
#            mining donation to the developers and contributors. THANKS!)
# OPTIONAL: Choose additional options below and customize the overclocking settings in
#            the file 1overclocking

# nvOC v0020-1.0 by fullzero

# + contributors:

1wallet could lead with:

Code:
#!/bin/bash

# MINIMUM SETUP: Set your wallet/pool information below, and select a coin to mine by
#              editing the file 1settings. You ONLY need to set wallet/pool information for coins
#              you intend to mine; the rest can be left at the defaults (which are donation addresses to
#              the developers and contributors. THANKS!

Lastly, 1wallet can open with:

Code:
#!/bin/bash

# EDITING THIS FILE IS OPTIONAL, AND ONLY NECESSARY IF OC IS ENABLED IN 1SETTINGS
# THIS FILE WILL NOT BE USED UNLESS OC IS ENABLED IN 1SETTINGS
# MINIMUM SETUP: Set your wallet/pool information in 1wallet, select a coin to mine
#              by editing the file 1settings, and enable the overclocking methods of your choice
#              in 1settings. Then set your overclocking details below.

This approach requires less in the way of actual changes on your part, it preserves the different kinds of data in different files, but it remains clear and understandable to any user who can open a text file and edit it.

I'd also suggest a single 1bash, not basic versus advanced... just put everything you'd put into the basic right at the top. Follow that with something like,

Code:
######################################
##  
##  IF YOU'VE SELECTED A COIN ABOVE, AND ENTERED
##  YOUR WALLET/POOL INFORMATION IN 1WALLET, YOU ARE DONE
##  WITH BASIC SETUP! ALL COINS AND SETTINGS BELOW THIS POINT
##  ARE OPTIONAL/ADVANCED.
##

ADVANCED="NO"                       # YES NO
#   Set YES to enable ADVANCED mode settings below;
#   Otherwise DO NOT change any settings below.
#   YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR CHOICES!

This lets you keep all the logic in one file, which I think will prove useful when troubleshooting.

Now, if this is going to cause you to need a bazillion more switches which you'd rather avoid by having a basic mode bash file, then, by all means, just do the basic/advanced thing.

It just seems to me that it's easier to keep it all in one place, and just to make it obvious where "Basic" ends and "Advanced" begins.

And again, if CSV or JSON is easier for you to implement than the current text file, by all means, go ahead... it just seems to me that it will not be easier. In fact, I fear that certain coin/pool combinations will require many settings that others don't, which will complicate the implementation and, honestly, may  be what really confuses new people!

Why? Well, imagine you only know of 3 "facts" that go with your mining pool/wallet... and you go to fill in a line on a CSV file with 20 headings... how do you find all that other information?!? Versus finding a section that only asks for the 3 facts you have:

Code:
#ZClassic
ZCL_WORKER=$WORKERNAME
ZCL_PORT="9009"

To me, that's much simpler than figuring out what to put in POOL_NAME versus POOL_DNS, and what's my WALLET_PROVIDER_NAME? For advanced users, filling out the sheet may be easier, because we'll understand better which rows need extra information, and which ones don't... but for the new person, every empty slot is another puzzler!
MentalNomad

Activity: 83

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 01:57:33 AM

At the risk of derailing an otherwise good topic:
  • Bitcoin Gold is not a Bitcoin fork
  • Bitcoin Gold is a Bitcoin Core fork and a new premined coin
  • Replay protection implementation still is not implemented, so do not use a wallet for mining that you have BTC on
  • Bitcoin Gold still doesn't build properly in most instances
  • Bitcoin Gold is not a Bitcoin fork
  • Bitcoin Gold is a Bitcoin Core fork and a new premined coin

The above may seem harsh, but facts are what facts are.
While many of us are going to mine it (myself included) for purely speculative reasons (mostly in hopes to turn a good profit), always be sure to protect yourself (and your prior investments) and don't get sucked in by buzzwords that say one thing and mean another. Don't just blindly trust; do due diligence.  Wink

This doesn't appear to be correct. There are still conflicting accounts (compare
Bittrex statement https://support.bittrex.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002320451-Statement-on-Bitcoin-Gold-BTG-
to Coinbase statement https://support.coinbase.com/customer/portal/articles/2892196-bitcoin-gold-faq
and Bitcoin Gold's response https://btcgpu.org/bitcoin-gold-community-response/), but it appears that:

1. Bitcoin Gold will be a fork of the Bitcoin blockchain as of block 491,407, preserving all current transactions and coin balances through through that block.
2. They will then rapidly "private mine" an 8000 block "premine" divergence from the Bitcoin blockchain.
3. They will make it publicly mineable sometime after that, purportedly about Nov 1st.

The current github code at the time I type confirms the chain height for the fork and the premine amount, but not the public mining date:

Code:
        consensus.BIP34Hash = uint256S("0x000000000000024b89b42a942fe0d9fea3bb44ab7bd1b19115dd6a759c0808b8");
        consensus.BIP65Height = 388381; // 000000000000000004c2b624ed5d7756c508d90fd0da2c7c679febfa6c4735f0
        consensus.BIP66Height = 363725; // 00000000000000000379eaa19dce8c9b722d46ae6a57c2f1a988119488b50931
        consensus.BTGHeight = 491407; // Around 10/25/2017 12:00 UTC
        consensus.BTGPremineWindow = 8000;
        consensus.powLimit = uint256S("00000000ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff");
        consensus.nPowAveragingWindow = 17;
ComputerGenie

Activity: 1092
Merit: 552

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 03:11:30 AM

1. Bitcoin Gold will be a fork of the Bitcoin blockchain as of block 491,407, preserving all current transactions and coin balances through through that block.
2. They will then rapidly "private mine" an 8000 block "premine" divergence from the Bitcoin blockchain.
3. They will make it publicly mineable sometime after that, purportedly about Nov 1st.
I will respond, just this once, and then I'll leave you to believe what you will.
1. That's called an "airdrop" (see 2 as to why)
2. a. Because of the Bitcoin protocol and Bitcoin consensus rules, a new fork cannot be premined before a consensus rule change is both implemented and accepted by consensus. Because, Bitcoin.
2. b. The exact tick that consensus is broken and a private entity privately mines the "fork", they are no longer on a Bitcoin protocol and it's no longer possible to called it a Bitcoin fork. Because, Bitcoin.
3. That's a new coin (see 2 as to why)

As an aside, if the replay issue is currently solved, then it was done during the time between my posting and yours (at the time of my posting the bounty was still open and no replay code had been committed).
As a further aside, don't confuse an exchange's public release statement(s), written for the non-technical public, as a technically defining item. It's the Bitcoin protocol that defines Bitcoin, not words written for "laymen".

BTG is a new premined equihash coin, with "airdrops" to match Bitcoin holdings.
Protect yourself by mining it with a clean wallet (not just an address) that doesn't hold Bitcoin

I've already take up far too much of my time as well as space on this thread with this (and to those here solely for nvOC, I apologize for doing so); if you choose to ignore what I wrote, so be it.

If you have to ask "why?", you wouldn`t understand my answer.
Always be on the look out, because you never know when you'll be stalked by hit-men that eat nothing but cream cheese....
pantalyra

Activity: 46

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 03:32:19 AM

So.. I am still having trouble with one random card crashing on my rig. I am not sure which card though. All heat sinks are cold because of my environment and I am a complete newb so I am not sure how to tell which card keeps crashing. It was crashing every couple days, then every day and now its down to minutes.

Errors:

CUDA error in func 'search' at line 361 : unknown error.
CUDA10    Error CUDA mining: unknownerror.

Says this for multiple CUDA numbers

And in guake under GPU 5 (not sure which is GPU 5)

/home/m1/Maximus007_AUTO_TEMPERATURE_CONTROL: line 160: [: Unable: integer expression expected
/home/m1/Maximus007_AUTO_TEMPERATURE_CONTROL: line 193: [: the: integer expression expected
/home/m1/Maximus007_AUTO_TEMPERATURE_CONTROL: line 206: [: to: integer expression expected

The rig ran perfect for several months. I have the asrock BTC+ pro with 12 p106-100's

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I just need to find out which card is failing so I can send it out for repair.

Thank you in advance for any advice.

Your telegram should show an error like this :

Code:
Mining_Rigs:
Worker: nv102
Boot Time: 2017-10-21 21:58:42
System Up Time: up
Miner Uptime:
Currently Mining: "ZEC"
Reboot Required: No
GPU Count: 7
GPU Utilization:

Temp, Fan, Power:
GPU 0, Target temp:  75, Current:  63, Diff:  12, Fan:  60, Power:  120.01
GPU 1, Target temp:  75, Current:  62, Diff:  13, Fan:  60, Power:  119.53
GPU 2, Target temp:  75, Current:  Unable, Diff:  75, Fan:  to, Power:  determine
GPU 3, Target temp:  75, Current:  65, Diff:  10, Fan:  60, Power:  121.67
GPU 4, Target temp:  75, Current:  52, Diff:  23, Fan:  60, Power:  122.76
GPU 5, Target temp:  75, Current:  60, Diff:  15, Fan:  60, Power:  119.53
GPU 6, Target temp:  75, Current:  61, Diff:  14, Fan:  60, Power:  120.94
Sat Oct 21 21:59:20 IRST 2017 - Starting miner restart script.

Sadly I was unable to set up telegram in China. The service seems to be blocked here. I can access their site on VPN but it wont accept my Chinese number and my rig is not on a proxy or vpn.

Anything else you would advise.

are you using:

Code:
P106_100_FULL_HEADLESS_MODE="YES"

?

Yes I am using "YES" on this command line.
leenoox

Activity: 200
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 04:32:47 AM

Just a thought.

Would this work for you?

I think the best idea would be to have separate conf file for each coin and place all those conf files in new folder.

This conf file, lets say ETH.conf will have ETH wallet address, choice of workername, list of ETH pools, proper OC settings for ethash, choice of miner, new variable ALGO="ethash"

I know that it will take a bit longer to edit all conf files for the coins you would like to mine, but it will be done only once per coin and it will be preserved during updates.

The benefit of doing so is easy and non-confusing setup for newcomers, proper OC settings for the particular algo, easy addition of new coins - just add new coin.conf file.

As proposed, having one conf file with all coin addresses, pools, miners and another file with all different algo OC settings won't help much in my opinion.

All that will be left in 1bash would be choice of coin, choice to use switchers, temp control, watchdog, etc. I would also rename 1bash to settings.conf

For easy addition of new coins, all we would have to add is new conf file with all the pertaining settings and the new ALGO variable.
For example, we have all the logic for ETH (ethash) already in 3main. We want to add UBQ (also ethash). 3main reads the $COIN from 1bash then reads the $COIN.conf from the new folder where all the conf files are. Then reads the ALGO variable and apply the ethash logic to mine UBQ. This will also simplify 3main since it will have per algo instead of per coin logic.
In rare case if particular algo logic could not apply to the new coin we can always ECHO new_logic > 3main to the end of 3main.

Makes sence? Thoughts?

Havesovgosh

Activity: 15

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 05:31:00 AM

Hi,
I need some support.
I have installed nvoc 0019 in my two rigs:
motherboard: ASUS B250 MIning
Videos: ASUS 106-100 mining edition.

I have disabled IAmNotAJeep_and_Maxximus007_WATCHDOG="NO", because miner is restarting periodically.

In first RIG In temp Screen I have following errors for all GPUs:

ERROR: The GPU has fallen off the bus or has otherwise become inaccessible
ERROR: Error assigning value 57 to attribute 'GPUTargetFanSpeed' (m1-desktop:0[fan:13]) as specified in assignment '[fan:13]/GPUTargetFanSpeed=57' (Unknown Error).
------------------------

IN Second in temp Screen the following:

ERROR: Error assigning value 52 to attribute 'GPUTargetFanSpeed' (m1-desktop:0[fan:7]) as specified in assignment '[fan:7]/GPUTargetFanSpeed=52' (Unknown Error).
GPU 8, Target temp: 70, Current: 46, Diff: 24, Fan: 51, Power: 99.41
Sun Oct 22 00:35:58 EDT 2017 - Adjusting Fan for gpu:8. Old: 51 New: 46 Temp: 46
------------------------------

Please help, What I'm doing wrong or what is missing in my config.

are you using:

Code:
P106_100_FULL_HEADLESS_MODE="YES"

?

My configuration was set to "NO".

I changed on one rig to "YES" and getting this error in the "temp" screen:

----------------
Mon Oct 23 01:24:05 EDT 2017 - Adjusting Fan for gpu:8. Old: 50 New: 45 Temp: 46
Failed to connect to Mir: Failed to connect to server socket: No such file or directory
Unable to init server: Could not connect: Connection refused

ERROR: The control display is undefined; please run `nvidia-settings --help` for usage information.

Mon Oct 23 01:24:05 EDT 2017 - All good, will check again soon
----------

Also there was an error related to "persistence mode". I have enabled it manually for all GPUs.

Please Help!
mikespax

Activity: 362
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 07:26:12 AM

Should someone start a community on Facebook or Slack or Discord or something? I feel like this thread is moving too fast.

Bitrated user: mikespax.
CryptAtomeTrader44

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 08:20:30 AM
Last edit: October 23, 2017, 08:41:56 AM by CryptAtomeTrader44

It just seems to me that it's easier to keep it all in one place, and just to make it obvious where "Basic" ends and "Advanced" begins.

And again, if CSV or JSON is easier for you to implement than the current text file, by all means, go ahead... it just seems to me that it will not be easier. In fact, I fear that certain coin/pool combinations will require many settings that others don't, which will complicate the implementation and, honestly, may  be what really confuses new people!

Why? Well, imagine you only know of 3 "facts" that go with your mining pool/wallet... and you go to fill in a line on a CSV file with 20 headings... how do you find all that other information?!? Versus finding a section that only asks for the 3 facts you have:

Code:
#ZClassic
ZCL_WORKER=$WORKERNAME
ZCL_PORT="9009"

To me, that's much simpler than figuring out what to put in POOL_NAME versus POOL_DNS, and what's my WALLET_PROVIDER_NAME? For advanced users, filling out the sheet may be easier, because we'll understand better which rows need extra information, and which ones don't... but for the new person, every empty slot is another puzzler!

I think that all that leads you to write all this long comment comes from one thing that I remember very well when I installed nvOC for the first time: The lack of documentation simply.

I think we should all give a hand to fullzero to create a web page or a readme.txt file that would explain all the possibilities of the system. i think the claymore dev did it very well and insists heavily on the btctalk thread so that users will read the explanatory note and the various switches associated with its program.

I have some experience with Linux / UNIX, but I remember very well that the first time, I returned to Windows in less than 2 hours! I was in complete fog, and in addition I had defective material (riser of bad quality), I did not understand absolutely why the system restarted and even less how to see if the miner mine or not.

It is absolutely necessary a message indicate in big characters on the screen press F12 access to terminal guake. It faltered a few times before I understood it and I restarted the terminal which i clic several times restarted each time the 1bash

It is therefore clear that the new user must first immediately get his miner to work the first time very easily. Thus, he can continue to dig configuration after that without worriing.

For the CSV, I am convinced that with a good explanatory note of less than 5 lines (not to repel people to read it) it would simplify things, especially for Windows users. Thus, they could feed their file from windows in excel in a very simple way. A few lines of examples (3 maximum), well filled, and well chosen, could clearly facilitate the comprehension and the filling of this file. And I do not know many Windowsian people who do not know how to fill an excel file.
Querying lines and fields in this file may be longer and more complex to do, but in the long run it will allow for a quick and simplified extension of the number of coins to add to the mining capabilities of nvOC or rxOC

In a global way, I think you want to simplify things too much, but the world of cryptocurrency is far from simple. That of UNIX / Linux is not easy or ergonomic either. I find that Fullzero and contributors like papami, damnmad, kk03 ... already simplifies things a lot with his ubuntu reworked by the community scripts. Those who want simpler things can also turn to ETHos and pay for it. And by the way, ETHos is charging for the scripts and nothing else!
Under windows, there is also software that allows the same thing. Some have been quoted in posts on this thread. The choice of Linux is also a personal choice of the difference and complexity / richness of a UNIX system, of the community as well. Has not it always been so Linux?

In the end, it is fullzero who decides because it is him who is the creator and developer of this project. And then, I was simply a proposal, there is nothing concrete for the moment. It's up to him to decide.
Pages: « 1 ... 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 [242] 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 ... 417 »
  Print  

Jump to: