Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 02:09:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 [229] 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 ... 417 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [OS] nvOC easy-to-use Linux Nvidia Mining  (Read 417953 times)
Temporel

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 09:29:50 AM

Yep, @papampi is doing awesome job and @hurvajs77 as well, there is no doubt about it. I'm not completely denying the fact of using WTM, my whole point is not to just rely completely on WTM json coin list, as it is not just covering the whole bunch of coins which are mineable.

Like I said before, I was very much interested in mining the highest difficulty drop coins based on WTM (purely based on difficulty drop not the profit), so I had that smartMiner, but when looking into the new ANN pages, I have seen lot of upcoming potential coins (can't see them in the json)

Just interesting what is an ANN pages?

ANNouncement

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Quadwinner

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 09:58:55 AM

Has anyone tried virtualmachine/virtualbox in Windows?

I just mine with my gaming PC when I don´t use it, I reboot into nvOC on a USB stick.
However, I was wondering if it would be possible to just "always" be in Windows 10, but with nvOC running at the same time as a virtual machine, mining with all GPUs when the PC is not being used, and maybe I could free up my main GPU for gaming while the others keep mining when I want to game? Is this even possible?

Also now that Ethereum Metropolis is live; Do we need to update anything or just let the rig keep mining?

Temporel

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 10:57:15 AM

Has anyone tried virtualmachine/virtualbox in Windows?

I just mine with my gaming PC when I don´t use it, I reboot into nvOC on a USB stick.
However, I was wondering if it would be possible to just "always" be in Windows 10, but with nvOC running at the same time as a virtual machine, mining with all GPUs when the PC is not being used, and maybe I could free up my main GPU for gaming while the others keep mining when I want to game? Is this even possible?

Also now that Ethereum Metropolis is live; Do we need to update anything or just let the rig keep mining?

just mine in windows then.

VMs cant address GPUs directly yet so its not possible for now.
Quadwinner

Activity: 13

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 01:08:27 PM

Ah, Ok, thanks.
Hashrate is bad in Windows for me so sticking with nvOC.
Longsnowsm

Activity: 868
Merit: 517

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 03:23:32 PM

I have an older image of nvOC, and the machine is complaining it is running out of space on the USB.  I looked and see a bunch of stuff in the /var/tmp, but do not have the perms apparently to clean that stuff up.  What is the process for cleaning up the drive so that it doesn't run out of space?  Thanks.
PCBProjeT

Activity: 7

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 03:24:12 PM

it's not the easiest thing to set up I saw... but it's efficient, I've been trying it for 1 day and it works perfectly..
codereddew12

Activity: 36

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 05:49:00 PM

I'm no coder by any means, but would there be a way to make a bash file that only has your wallet addresses for different coins and automatically inputs it into the 1bash config (kinda how the 1bash fills in things in the 3main file)?

There's a BBT multi-miner for windows where all of the wallet addresses are at the top of the .bat file

https://i.imgur.com/X7IW7Q9.png

and it automatically gets implemented into the startup command for each miner:

Code:
ECHO AMD and NVIDIA Claymore - Eth Only Ethermine.org
Claymore_Dual_Ethereum_v10\EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool us1.ethermine.org:4444 -ewal %ETH_WALLET_ADDRESS%.%MINER_NAME% -epsw x

seems like relatively simple code, but like I said, I'm not a coder by any means lol
Temporel

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 07:38:35 PM

Ah, Ok, thanks.
Hashrate is bad in Windows for me so sticking with nvOC.

then you are doing something wrong
damNmad

Activity: 378
Merit: 104

nvOC forever

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 07:42:17 PM

Guys, can someone suggest the best ccminer version for mining scrypt algo using my GTX 1060 with suggested OC settings?

I'm using tpruvot currently, but seems getting low hash rate.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
sergixc

Activity: 32

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 09:00:57 PM

Hi!

are you planning to suppur Asus B250 Mining Expert with 19 GPU ?
Any special instructions to run 19 ASUS ROG Strix A8G-1080 ?

Thank you in advance
respectfully,
Sergey
damNmad

Activity: 378
Merit: 104

nvOC forever

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 09:26:28 PM

I'm no coder by any means, but would there be a way to make a bash file that only has your wallet addresses for different coins and automatically inputs it into the 1bash config (kinda how the 1bash fills in things in the 3main file)?

There's a BBT multi-miner for windows where all of the wallet addresses are at the top of the .bat file

Code:
Claymore_Dual_Ethereum_v10\EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool us1.ethermine.org:4444 -ewal %ETH_WALLET_ADDRESS%.%MINER_NAME% -epsw x

seems like relatively simple code, but like I said, I'm not a coder by any means lol

Hello,

It seems nice idea, but we are already doing same using 1bash and 3main, we enter our coin details and 3main pull details from 1bash.

With this we will have another file, call it xaddress and 1main pulls data from it and stores then 3main pulls data from 1bash.

It just adds another level of dependency, that is purely just my opinion, should wait for fullzero's opinion on this too.

EDIT :

The main trouble here is, we use different pools for different coins, also not every person use same pool. So nvOC is structured in a way that it can be configured and used for any coin with many pools (1pool at a time) by many people (even beginners)

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
CryptAtomeTrader44

Activity: 340
Merit: 103

It is easier to break an atom than partialities AE

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 10:38:14 PM

Code:

Hello,

It seems nice idea, but we are already doing same using 1bash and 3main, we enter our coin details and 3main pull details from 1bash.

With this we will have another file, call it xaddress and 1main pulls data from it and stores then 3main pulls data from 1bash.

It just adds another level of dependency, that is purely just my opinion, should wait for fullzero's opinion on this too.

EDIT :

The main trouble here is, we use different pools for different coins, also not every person use same pool. So nvOC is structured in a way that it can be configured and used for any coin with many pools (1pool at a time) by many people (even beginners)

There are a few posts (so days) I had proposed to Fullzero to use an excel file (CSV) which took all the variables of coins, pools, addresses of wallets (therefore of tradding platforms or pure wallets ).

He seemed to me an enthusiast of this idea. He had even said that he added it to his list of focuses to be implemented in nvOC. I think it has other priorities ....

But as I was writing recently about WTM_Switch, I'm a little scared at the idea of managing pools and addresses at all pools and traddings sites ... A form of scattering of capital that I think unhealthy .

I wanted to extract a list from all coins of the sites of coinwarz and whattomine to try to propose a file possibly usable and requestable but unfortunately I did not have enough time for this weekend ...

Here is again what I had proposed :
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1854250.msg22171218#msg22171218

Without keeping an Excel file up to date with wallets, addresses, and other pools, there is something to lose.

Column headers proposed for CSV file :

COIN   ALGO   ALGO_PL   ALGO_CORE_OVCLOCK   ALGO_MEM_OVCLOCK   GLOBAL_TARGET_TEMP   MINER_SOFTWARE   EXTENSION_ARGUMENTS (DUAL MINER)   SOFT_VERSION_MINER   WORKER (NAME)   WALLET_ ADDRESS   WALLET_PROVIDER_NAME   POOL_NAME   POOL_DNS   POOL_PORT   DUAL_WALLET ADDRESS   DUAL_WALLET_PROVIDER_NAME   DUAL_POOL_NAME   DUAL_POOL_DNS   DUAL_POOL_PORT   BTC_ADDRESS   BTC_ADDRESS_PROVIDER   COMMENT

there are probably things to add, but I was just proposing an idea. And it seems that I am no longer the only one to have it even if it is in another form.
codereddew12

Activity: 36

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 10:40:36 PM

https://i.imgur.com/X7IW7Q9.png

Code:

Hello,

EDIT :

There are a few posts (so days) I had proposed to Fullzero to use an excel file (CSV) which took all the variables of coins, pools, addresses of wallets (therefore of tradding platforms or pure wallets ).

He seemed to me an enthusiast of this idea. He had even said that he added it to his list of focuses to be implemented in nvOC. I think it has other priorities ....

But as I was writing recently about WTM_Switch, I'm a little scared at the idea of managing pools and addresses at all pools and traddings sites ... A form of scattering of capital that I think unhealthy .

I wanted to extract a list from all coins of the sites of coinwarz and whattomine to try to propose a file possibly usable and requestable but unfortunately I did not have enough time for this weekend ...

Here is again what I had proposed :
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1854250.msg22171218#msg22171218

Without keeping an Excel file up to date with wallets, addresses, and other pools, there is something to lose.

Column headers proposed for CSV file :

COIN   ALGO   ALGO_PL   ALGO_CORE_OVCLOCK   ALGO_MEM_OVCLOCK   GLOBAL_TARGET_TEMP   MINER_SOFTWARE   EXTENSION_ARGUMENTS (DUAL MINER)   SOFT_VERSION_MINER   WORKER (NAME)   WALLET_ ADDRESS   WALLET_PROVIDER_NAME   POOL_NAME   POOL_DNS   POOL_PORT   DUAL_WALLET ADDRESS   DUAL_WALLET_PROVIDER_NAME   DUAL_POOL_NAME   DUAL_POOL_DNS   DUAL_POOL_PORT   BTC_ADDRESS   BTC_ADDRESS_PROVIDER   COMMENT

there are probably things to add, but I was just proposing an idea. And it seems that I am no longer the only one to have it even if it is in another form.

Look forward to seeing what FullZero says/does then!

Also, what do you think about the BIOSTAR TB250-BTC PRO MOBO? Have you compared it to the ASRock H110 BTC pro?
CryptAtomeTrader44

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 10:49:03 PM

Slightly off topic but all the same about the mining pools:
could someone tell me a good article or a good explanation on how to handle txfee on all these pools.

How do you choose the right level of automatic payment so that it does not cost too much depending on its mining power?

What is the difference between TxFee in percentages and that in fixed rate? When do I have to transfer to minimize all these fees?

Many pools do a fixed fee if you withdraw below a certain threshold, but no fee if above. For example, right now, ethermine.org lets you set your auto payout threshold:

Payment threshold in Ether (Min: 0.05 Ether, Max: 10 Ether, if set to less than 1 Ether a fixed tx fee of 0.001 Ether will be deducted from the paid amount).

So, if you set it to pay out every time it reaches 1 Ether, you pay no fee. That's the way to save.

If that is too long for you, and you don't want to hold it as Ether that long, set a lower threshold, like .5 Ether... but you'll pay a .001 Ether fee each time.

You can go as small as you like, down to .05 Ether, but the fee stays .001, so the smaller your withdrawal the bigger the fee, as a percentage.

Withdraw .5 means .001/.5 = 0.2% fee.
Withdraw .1 means .001/.1 = 1% fee.
Withdraw .05 means .001/.05 = 2% fee.

But withdrawing at 1 (or more) means no fee. That's the way to avoid, in a fixed-fee pool. Set your withdrawal as high as you can, or go for the level that is "free."

Just interesting what is an ANN pages?

New coins are Announced on ANN pages:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=159.0

Thanks for explanations but minning pools hub has fixed rate and with MPH_SWITCH it seems more difficult that you indicate here. MPH has not the sames free fixed rates on all coins !
And someone here says that it's more careful to sell shitcoins what we mines with any switchers IN A DAY ! And I believe that it is better to keep the coins of the top 15 or even the top 10 but sell the others fastly.

I discovered by reading a papami post that bittrex was doing auto-exchange and as I have quite a few of my wallets addresses on this tradding platefrome ...
So I'm trying to avoid pool fees and bittrex fees.
CryptAtomeTrader44

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 11:06:20 PM
Last edit: October 18, 2017, 08:41:40 PM by CryptAtomeTrader44

Look forward to seeing what FullZero says/does then!

Also, what do you think about the BIOSTAR TB250-BTC PRO MOBO? Have you compared it to the ASRock H110 BTC pro?

I am only a small miner for now. I first try to optimize and get the best performance, then I will put the package on my biostar. I have for now only 2 cards ASUS DUAL GTX 1070 bought on AMAZON during an exceptional promotion. And believe it yes or no, I regret not taking 4 x 1070 instead of 2!

I can not afford to test the other cards you mention. Not yet.

I have already been able to buy this motherboard in miner with my PC games that I just barely recover. (and which serves me to miner incidentally of monero on 3 cores of 4 cores of my old i5 ...)

I also had a big problem with the improperly purchased risers bought on the net. so-called ver6C that did not allow the detection of my remote graphics cards.

I bought motherboard + precessor + risers on a site named "la BOUTIQUE du mineur" French site (the miner's shop in english but not the same) and I paid in Bitcoin via Bitpay with 3/4 of what I owned already at the time.
I could have mined a bit of ETH (which was a 0.0840 BTC at the time) via claymore. But ETH does not seem to me too much renatble because the difficulty has reached the peaks. Then I looked for ways to undermine the most interesting corner permanently. I first arrived on the page that proposes to buy ETHos then through my readings I arrived here. and I think I will continue to use nvOC again ujhn moment as the activity here is pretty good and the system updates frequent. There also seems to be good writers like papami, leenoox, damnad and of course fullzero. I do not understand all that they code but I'm trying to understand them.
Zbychacz

Activity: 3

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 11:45:31 PM

TEAMVIEWER sise ???x???     >   xrandr --fb 1280x1024

insert here eg : 1bash

----------------------
# REMOTE will leave it unattached / ready for SSH
xrandr --fb 1280x1024
LOCALorREMOTE="LOCAL"          # LOCAL  or  REMOTE

TEAMVIEWER="YES"                 # YES NO
-------------------------
leenoox

Activity: 200
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 11:54:34 PM

Ethereum mining is getting profitable again after the Byzantium hard-fork update.
Before the update my estimated monthly earnings on ethermine were 5.6 ETH but after the update it keeps rising. It estimates 7.85 ETH and hasn't been even 24 hours yet so the estimation curve keeps rising until it gets clear curve...
I beleive it will surpass 8 ETH/month with my 1.35 GH/s.

The dificulty dropped a lot and it is still dropping, the block time went down from 30 to 15 seconds. Even though the block reward went down from 5 to 3 ETH, when you consider lower difficulty and block times it is way more profitable now.

If you haven't switched back to mining ETH yet, don't delay any longer, take advantage before others realize it and difficulty sky-rocket again.

mikespax

Activity: 362
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 12:23:46 AM

Hi!

are you planning to suppur Asus B250 Mining Expert with 19 GPU ?
Any special instructions to run 19 ASUS ROG Strix A8G-1080 ?

Thank you in advance
respectfully,
Sergey

need 6 P106 cards. check: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_mv1pd3BIA&lc

Bitrated user: mikespax.
mikespax

Activity: 362
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 12:25:53 AM

I have an older image of nvOC, and the machine is complaining it is running out of space on the USB.  I looked and see a bunch of stuff in the /var/tmp, but do not have the perms apparently to clean that stuff up.  What is the process for cleaning up the drive so that it doesn't run out of space?  Thanks.

Assuming you have at least  32gb stick, expand ur "image size" or something using the Gparted application. It should already be installed on nvOC by default and will let you use up the full size of your stick.

Bitrated user: mikespax.
reem_aaxxll

Activity: 7

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 01:39:01 AM

Hello every one, Hope you're mining every damn coin in the blockchain

I'm new to mining and just finish my first rig with Z270-A mobs and 6 1080ti GPUs and start mining MONA with nvOC v0019-1.3, I came cross few issues
-After image USB key Try to modified Bash1 & 3main files from Linux OS, USB key image become Unbootable & Bash1 file is gone?!!
-OS some time get hang and after hard reboot, USB key image become Unbootable & Bash1 file is gone?!!
-Miner started to mine MONA and after 10 mints become unstable and keep crash(I use ASCCminer & it's registered in suprnova pool)?!!

Any thing can help to solve this issues Huh

Glad to see you are using what I feel is the best S/w for the job. If you say the 1bash is gone, you now need to look for it in the /home folder. It is imported there and then run from  there. Just stop the miner and make your edits to it. If you leave the miner trying to run, you will be going for xmy and most likely it will not connect. Then it will keep rebooting on you.

I use it now on all but one machine and am in love with it. Linux has been with me since its inception. I still have my Walnut Creek Linux disk with ver 1.25 on it. Good old Slakware. Linux for us Slakers.  Come a long way from 45 floppy disks to UBU 16.04. But still a much stable platform to work from.

If you would like, I can send you a copy of the 1 bash I use for ETH if you PM me. Glad to help you get going and join the fold here.

thay

Thanks thaelin much appreciated. I'm also working with Linux due my job, But my problem is that OS @ USB key become corrupted (unbootable) and I had to re-image it again after few run due one of the previous cause. Also the ASccminer miner unstable mining MONA using 6*1080ti's rig, I will stick with nvOC until I found the cause of that.

Kindly send me a copy of your 1bash file maybe there something I did it wrong.
Pages: « 1 ... 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 [229] 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 ... 417 »
  Print  

Jump to: