Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 06:22:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 [1082] 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 ... 1154 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [4+ EH] Slush Pool (slushpool.com); Overt AsicBoost; World First Mining Pool  (Read 4381849 times)
Mikestang
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 06:00:51 AM

This pool is so dry! 52 PH/s and hardly 2 blocks! Eligius with 9PH/s had more blocks! Its really frustrating that this SO called Captain is silent like a Russian KGB!

So is there really 52PH pointed here then?  Might be the reported hash rate is the problem, not the blocks the pool is (not) solving.  /shrug
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4088
Merit: 1630

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2016, 06:03:16 AM

This pool is so dry! 52 PH/s and hardly 2 blocks! Eligius with 9PH/s had more blocks! Its really frustrating that this SO called Captain is silent like a Russian KGB!

So is there really 52PH pointed here then?  Might be the reported hash rate is the problem, not the blocks the pool is (not) solving.  /shrug
Yes but if the claimed hashrate is 52PH then miners will only get a proportion of rewards relative to the 52PH.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
ohmygod21

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 10:44:43 AM

and now 3 blocks in less than 40 min

its was the withholded blocks from yesterday look the chart on the stats 3 blocks after a drop of hashrate from the pool

theyr waiting a drop of hash to realease them so theyr more paid when the scoring hash is low =)

i think this is from the 2 users with the most of hash routly they have 15 ph
simonpeter35

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 10:02:27 PM

and now 3 blocks in less than 40 min

its was the withholded blocks from yesterday look the chart on the stats 3 blocks after a drop of hashrate from the pool

theyr waiting a drop of hash to realease them so theyr more paid when the scoring hash is low =)

i think this is from the 2 users with the most of hash routly they have 15 ph
Sounds possible. So i guessed, they use high hash rate to collect blocks, then use low rate to hash.
d57heinz
Legendary

Activity: 1453
Merit: 1011

Bitcoin Talks Bullshit Walks

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 05:37:21 PM
Last edit: February 15, 2016, 06:44:38 PM by d57heinz

well still no answer from the late great captain.. Guess if you stick your head in the sand long enough you'll all just forget about this ever happening.. well come to find out slush should have been able to detect this long before now at the scale this attack was/is occurring. what he should do is compensate those that can prove they mined here from the time he announced support for xt(when the pool went down hill) and the time he announced that it was a block withholding attack.. here is an article for you to read slush since i know you read this thread.. http://organofcorti.blogspot.com/2016/02/detecting-unintentional-block.html

Looking forward to how you address this with those that lost their asses mining at your pool. > Why should the miner that had these problems be allowed to continue mining here?  Why should the entire pool be punished for this miners bad hw?  Shouldn't the miner have to compensate the pool for this unintentional or not?    And i find it funny that you have yet to tell us what miners(brand) they are and what software was on them.. Seems to me there is much more to this story than you are letting us know!.. If you want this to all go away im sure compensating the miners from your 50k a month youve been making on fees would go a long way in rectifying this situation along with the info on the attack for other pool OPS!.. Lets see who slush is looking out for!  Himself? or the community?

Best Regards
d57heinz

EDIT even funnier yet.. "By allowing the public to examine block hashes, Slushes pool will allow you to check for block withholding too. If they also include an anonymised user account identifier, the pool difficulty for that block hash and the number of block hashes returned by that user at that pool difficulty, you'll also be able to check for unintentional block withholding. I hope other pools follow suit."

Slush gets pool fees yet he expects us to babysit it for him. If it wasnt for a group of us letting him know this wouldnt have even been an issue. Slush said it was luck! FFS. what a joke.. slush needs to take some damn accountability here.. UFF WTF

As in nature, all is ebb and tide, all is wave motion, so it seems that in all branches of industry, alternating currents - electric wave motion - will have the sway. ~Nikola Tesla~
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2016, 08:33:02 PM

EDIT even funnier yet.. "By allowing the public to examine block hashes, Slushes pool will allow you to check for block withholding too. If they also include an anonymised user account identifier, the pool difficulty for that block hash and the number of block hashes returned by that user at that pool difficulty, you'll also be able to check for unintentional block withholding. I hope other pools follow suit."

Slush gets pool fees yet he expects us to babysit it for him. If it wasnt for a group of us letting him know this wouldnt have even been an issue. Slush said it was luck! FFS. what a joke.. slush needs to take some damn accountability here.. UFF WTF

You misunderstand. "Babysitting" wasn't the point, rather that instead of just assuming a problem exists you can actually check to see if it exists. Regardless of how you think this recent problem at Slush's pool has been handled, the idea that blockhashes will be published to improve pool transparency seems to me to be a big step forward for pooled mining.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
ohmygod21

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 10:16:41 AM
Last edit: February 16, 2016, 01:45:00 PM by ohmygod21

30 hours / 4 blocks . @ 60 % day and sub again ^^
d57heinz
Legendary

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 01:42:31 PM
Last edit: February 16, 2016, 02:02:30 PM by d57heinz

You misunderstand. "Babysitting" wasn't the point, rather that instead of just assuming a problem exists you can actually check to see if it exists. Regardless of how you think this recent problem at Slush's pool has been handled, the idea that blockhashes will be published to improve pool transparency seems to me to be a big step forward for pooled mining.

i think its a step in the right direction but total silence from slush on this should be a BIG RED FLAG>> NOW its shit again .. there is too much of a pattern to this to ignore!.. Now he is pushing 50 peta.. If you ask me.. this is all smoke and mirrors for a piss poor server setup.. This pool needs to be shut down to the public if this is how its going to be operated!  

Edit.. just so you know for the longest time slush block propagation was very poor which caused us how many lost blocks. he even admits it saying he didnt have matt corralos relay network configured right.. https://mining.bitcoin.cz/news/recent-orphaned-blocks-explanation/   This was goin on 4 months ago now. that this pool has had problems of all sorts.. Seems to be a pattern emerging there aswell..  

Edit moreso the problems probably started about this time frame https://mining.bitcoin.cz/news/update-bip101-voting-disabled-because-of-ddos-attack/
then he tries to fix his servers after the community gave him a thank you for switching to 8 mb vote!.  https://mining.bitcoin.cz/news/short-website-maintenance-23-9-24-9/

best Regards
d57heinz

As in nature, all is ebb and tide, all is wave motion, so it seems that in all branches of industry, alternating currents - electric wave motion - will have the sway. ~Nikola Tesla~
ohmygod21

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 03:39:24 PM
Last edit: February 16, 2016, 05:03:55 PM by ohmygod21

32 hours / 4 blocks . insane

Slushpool down ohh yeaaa . too much hashrate 56% pool luck / day - Holy shit
Herv12

Activity: 226
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 05:52:42 PM

Edit moreso the problems probably started about this time frame https://mining.bitcoin.cz/news/update-bip101-voting-disabled-because-of-ddos-attack/
then he tries to fix his servers after the community gave him a thank you for switching to 8 mb vote!.  https://mining.bitcoin.cz/news/short-website-maintenance-23-9-24-9/

best Regards
d57heinz

Hello d57heinz

I do not understand how this attack could permanently disrupt the pool.

Do not you think that a bug in the NMC merged mining software could be the cause of some of the problems?

I feel that the troubles of the pool is started then.  But it's just feeling...

I totally agree with you on that slush seems to not care about us!...
d57heinz
Legendary

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 06:27:23 PM
Last edit: February 16, 2016, 07:41:48 PM by d57heinz

then he tries to fix his servers after the community gave him a thank you for switching to 8 mb vote!.  https://mining.bitcoin.cz/news/short-website-maintenance-23-9-24-9/

best Regards
d57heinz

Hello d57heinz

I do not understand how this attack could permanently disrupt the pool.

Do not you think that a bug in the NMC merged mining software could be the cause of some of the problems?

I feel that the troubles of the pool is started then.  But it's just feeling...

I totally agree with you on that slush seems to not care about us!...

You very much could be right. the extra strain merged mining causes could be part of it.For what nmc worth its a joke to even bother!  looking further back on his news and you can see that he started merged aswell just before this all went to shit.. So i feel its a number of factors but the greatest one being that he doesnt seem to give a shit about the damage he has caused and continues to inflict on the miners that still mine there(while he haphazardly works out the problems). Also he has yet to come with what brand miners supposedly had the bad code.. Should make for a good story there im sure!  if you look at the blocks found on the dashboard  click the nmc button on the top right of the graph and watch it for the next couple weeks.. Slush finds shit tons of nmc blocks. but what is odd to me is that the pool hardly ever finds a nmc block along with a btc block.. i could see once n a while being orphaned on nmc but its my understanding that nmc being about 1/4 the diff of btc you should almost always find a block of nmc when you find a block of btc  but with slush that isn't the case..  Most likely server issues or propagation issues with nmc as well..  I know about a month ago he was getting block notifications up to 30 seconds after the rest of the pools on btc(this alone attributes to 72 min of mining on old work every day for who knows how long!).. That's a shitload of lost work on old blocks!  anyway its like beating a dead horse at this point. Im working on submitting what im owed from sept to dec when i finally said hell with this i'm moving to kano. Good luck with this.. Hope your captain gets his shit together.. Just know that lost blocks due to bad luck in theory should hopefully get caught up with good luck.. but when its server issues and block withholdings.. you will never regain back your losses.

Best Regards
d57heinz

cassini

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 01:43:21 AM

I agree that it wasn't a good idea of Slush (or whoever is in charge) to stop posting in here. This is either poor customer service, or there was simply too much trolling at some time and he gave up keeping this thread tidy.
I do not agree with some of your technical statements, though:

the extra strain merged mining causes
Could you please elaborate?
How many microseconds of CPU time you think it takes to process and insert an incoming NMC tx into the mempool, for example?

For what nmc worth its a joke to even bother!
Miners at this pool asked for re-activating merged mining a while ago. Not because of the extra money, but because they wanted a few NMCs for free, to be able to experiment with decentralized key/value storage on the NMC blockchain, for example, or for registering a NameId for Bitmessage and OpenID.

but what is odd to me is that the pool hardly ever finds a nmc block along with a btc block.
What do you mean with "hardly ever"? At a merged-mining pool a BTC block always comes along with an NMC block. I recommend you take a look at the auxPoW data in a merged-mined block, see https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Merged_mining_specification

By the way, this pool found 91 NMC blocks und 31 BTC blocks (or 34%) since the last difficulty change on either chain (i.e. 2016-02-11 22:30:59 UTC on the NMC blockchain).
The current NMC/BTC difficulty ratio is 45789403314 to 144116447847 which means that this pool should find BTC blocks at a rate of 32% compared to the NMC block rate.
simonpeter35

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 12:29:42 PM

Two blocks appeared in less than 2mins Huh?
Herv12

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 12:57:48 PM

Hello cassini
I do not question the capabilities of the merged mining, but we discuss the possibility that a bug had be included in the pool software when slush added the merged mining.

In fact, we find that the chance of the pool seems to have dropped by more than 5% over the last 8 months. For a small pool no problem variance can explain that. But for a pool the size of the slush, the likelihood is that if only the variance is small.
Many persons have found it long ago. Please, look at the messages posted since many months before and you will see that many people suspected a problem since long time, but obviously not slush ...

Without insulting Slush (Marek Palatinus), we can still wonder about the time it took to respond. His explanation is plausible, but it is still surprising. A luck drop of this order means that the problem involved a minor representing several PH.
It appears incredible that the minor who have such power is not noticed anything and slush either !

If slush statements are true, he deserves at least a blame, and also the minor concerned.

I expect slush that apply the same transparency that we have on kano pool. But it astonished me that it goes until then. We'll see.

FOr instance, beacause i like this pool, I have restart a part of my mine on it, i will wait few month to see what happends. If problems continue, i will go away definitively.

bittalc1

Activity: 162

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 03:45:01 PM

Sorry if i insult someone, but i think you should be brain dead to continue mining on slush and continue loosing money. I mean just look at the luck chart, look how much is your earning, look now how many blocks are found and compare that with the luck chart! And the last look when you will get strait answer or any answer from the so called Captain stealer!!!
Herv12

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 05:30:48 PM

Sorry if i insult someone, but i think you should be brain dead to continue mining on slush and continue loosing money. I mean just look at the luck chart, look how much is your earning, look now how many blocks are found and compare that with the luck chart! And the last look when you will get strait answer or any answer from the so called Captain stealer!!!

Hello,
Yes, i know, i'm a little brain dead!

If slush had fix his problem, it will take time to see effects, due to variance. We must wait to see.

I run my mines in slush pool for an year now. There were moments of good luck and bad luck. On average over the year, the problem will not cost me too much money under the earned in volume.

It is possible that slush is a crook, I do not know and it's impossible to know.
I hope that this incident will push him to put more transparency in its pool (as does kano for example). That will be the best indicator of his honested.  I wait to see what he will propose

Anyway, if you want to mine safe, only one solution: you must go on paying PPS Chinese pools. It is easy to see how they gouge us. I have nothing against the Chinese, but these pools are too big. This is not good for bitcoin network.

The slush pool is exacly the size that goes well (not too big, not too small), proper dashboard, and the monitoring application works well.
He use "hashrate democracy" to choose what is need to be modify. Amazing concept!
That's reason why I let him other chance, and i restart to partial work on his pool.

This incident made me move some of my mines in kano pool, good pool and I think I'll continue like that now, an half on each.
slush (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1097

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2016, 05:31:34 PM

32 hours / 4 blocks . insane

Two blocks appeared in less than 2mins Huh?

Captain is sad; it is too hard to satisfy everyone.

hoosier_13

Activity: 62

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 06:31:08 PM

Slush has been and continues to be dishonest about this problem.  They have been withholding information for months while honest and loyal miners continue to lose money.  Do yourselves a favor and move to Kano.is.  I did and won't look back no matter what their luck looks like.

Bitrated user: TICH13.
welshy82

Activity: 112

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 06:35:29 PM

wow hes online and only posted 2 small lines shows where his priority is
slush (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1097

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2016, 06:37:10 PM

They have been withholding information for months.

No, we went public once we realized the problem. Keeping the information for us while letting miners to continue with withholding would not make any sense...

Pages: « 1 ... 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 [1082] 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 ... 1154 »
  Print  

Jump to: