Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:40:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 ... 334 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Analysis  (Read 941375 times)
piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 04:21:39 PM

blind bullish sentiment is not a good trading technique

working just fine for me since May, 2011! Smiley I would sell a little at below 1200 though, just in case ath is not taken. Then buy it back at 1250, in case it is. Now is the time to watch.

i am satoshi

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Miz4r
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 04:23:16 PM

What was that that just happened? it shot up $100 in no time at all, did we just test $900?

That was just bitcoin shitting on another bearish wedge. Tongue

Bitcoin = Gold on steroids
oda.krell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 04:26:03 PM

If I understand it correctly you have been very sceptical of the last couple of weeks yourself though, haven't you? I ask again: at what point will you accept that your trendlines have been broken and it is time to re-plot your charts?

what do you mean by skeptical? and i apologize for my brutish language i'm running on very little sleep. i mean no disrespect to you it just bothers me when comments are made that give practitioners of TA a bad name, in general.

and of course no trendlines have been broken at all. we've been riding the same bullish moving support since the $600 consolidation. however, now we are dizzyingly high above the trendline and so the market is being a little irrational right now, i'm not skeptical of what is, i'm cautious of what's to come. blind bullish sentiment is not a good trading technique Tongue i'm pretty sure you're mistaking a balanced head for skepticism Cheesy

--arepo

yeah, I'm going to half-defend you and half-ridicule you Cheesy

Lot's of respect for your TA in general (told you that already earlier), but in the past week or so, you've been a bit too focused on the "duty" of the market to continue the correction -- in reality, even if the likelihood of a longer post-ATH correction was rather high, and still is, perhaps, it's important to keep your eyes open for the possibility that this time it *is* indeed somewhat different.

EDIT: though for fairness sake, you have been pretty objective IMO. didn't make a dumb price call, like e.g. rpietla with his "buying at prices above 600 is not worth it" mantra, based on his misunderstanding of a linear regression model.

Not sure which Bitcoin wallet you should use? Get Electrum!
Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
T.Stuart

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

One Token to Move Anything Anywhere

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 04:33:18 PM

If I understand it correctly you have been very sceptical of the last couple of weeks yourself though, haven't you? I ask again: at what point will you accept that your trendlines have been broken and it is time to re-plot your charts?

what do you mean by skeptical? and i apologize for my brutish language i'm running on very little sleep. i mean no disrespect to you it just bothers me when comments are made that give practitioners of TA a bad name, in general.

and of course no trendlines have been broken at all. we've been riding the same bullish moving support since the $600 consolidation. however, now we are dizzyingly high above the trendline and so the market is being a little irrational right now, i'm not skeptical of what is, i'm cautious of what's to come. blind bullish sentiment is not a good trading technique Tongue i'm pretty sure you're mistaking a balanced head for skepticism Cheesy

--arepo

By sceptical I mean your daily pointing to a final capitulation to complete the downtrend.

No offense taken. I am myself tired but mainly from paying too much attention to Bitcoin every day!  Smiley

Actually I ask myself why I bother writing these recent rambles. It just seems quite clear to me that we are likely seeing the beginning of the final leg up, the last wave, the big bubble, the S-curve, whatever some might like to call it. Is Bitcoin ready? I don't know. But I don't think people care. And there have been many similar stories with other Internet phenomenon. But this one really is a huge beast which will go fast now.

You are a balanced person and I am sure you will say it is too early to call. But I have the strongest feeling that I've had for a long time about this. And it's not just my opinion - the circumstantial evidence is there. So I feel like I should preach "Hodling" because nothing else makes as much sense!  Cheesy I know I'm annoying you now!  Grin

███████████████▄▄▄                     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄                     ▄█████▀
████████████████████▄                ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄                 ▄█████▀
              ▀▀█████▄             ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄             ▄█████▀
                 █████▌          ▄█████▀ ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄         ▄█████▀
                 ▐█████        ▄█████▀     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▄█████▀
                 █████▌      ▄█████▀         ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
              ▄▄█████▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████████▀
████████████████████▀    ▄█████▀     ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▀
███████████████▀▀▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█▀
                                    ▀███████▀
                                      ▀███▀
                                        ▀
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
.◆ ◆ ◆ ONE TOKEN TO MOVE ANYTHING ANYWHERE ◆ ◆ ◆.
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 04:38:23 PM

--arepo

By sceptical I mean your daily pointing to a final capitulation to complete the downtrend.

No offense taken. I am myself tired but mainly from paying too much attention to Bitcoin every day!  Smiley

Actually I ask myself why I bother writing these recent rambles. It just seems quite clear to me that we are likely seeing the beginning of the final leg up, the last wave, the big bubble, the S-curve, whatever some might like to call it. Is Bitcoin ready? I don't know. But I don't think people care. And there have been many similar stories with other Internet phenomenon. But this one really is a huge beast which will go fast now.

You are a balanced person and I am sure you will say it is too early to call. But I have the strongest feeling that I've had for a long time about this. And it's not just my opinion - the circumstantial evidence is there. So I feel like I should preach "Hodling" because nothing else makes as much sense!  Cheesy I know I'm annoying you now!  Grin

I hope you are right, but you just described sentiment at the top of wave B perfectly.  If that is the case, just remember to not get shaken out in wave C.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
T.Stuart

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

One Token to Move Anything Anywhere

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 04:39:57 PM

--arepo

I hope you are right, but you just described sentiment at the top of wave B perfectly.  If that is the case, just remember to not get shaken out in wave C.

Thanks for the tip!

███████████████▄▄▄                     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄                     ▄█████▀
████████████████████▄                ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄                 ▄█████▀
              ▀▀█████▄             ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄             ▄█████▀
                 █████▌          ▄█████▀ ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄         ▄█████▀
                 ▐█████        ▄█████▀     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▄█████▀
                 █████▌      ▄█████▀         ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
              ▄▄█████▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████████▀
████████████████████▀    ▄█████▀     ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▀
███████████████▀▀▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█▀
                                    ▀███████▀
                                      ▀███▀
                                        ▀
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
.◆ ◆ ◆ ONE TOKEN TO MOVE ANYTHING ANYWHERE ◆ ◆ ◆.
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
2017orso

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 05:36:07 PM

Don't want to quote multiple etc.  About the replies to my previous post:

windjc - yes, that is what I basically saying.  sure sometimes it's accurate, but so is guessing.  it's the times of relative saturation that it should be more predictive, however, those are times when there is the least volatility as well so it's largely a moot point.

honeybadger - manipulation and self-fulfilling is legitimate, those whales are long-term bulls however, so do you apply a discount to the probability of supposed down movements and increased likelihood of upward movements in the TA analysis? 

There are so many factors to consider in the Bitcoin market, such that trying to apply TA for predictive power is largely useless. The points mentioned are indeed fundamentals, and it's irrelevant, because TA should encapsulate fundamentals, or it's not doing its job very well.

The point about self-fulfilling prophecies is also not as adequate in this environment.  Again, it's just beginning the saturation process.  So, you have TA followers, blind new buyers awaiting verification to buy their stash and move on with their lives, and whales manipulating the market with bullish intent.  A TA seller awaiting a lower price back down to the .236 fib, will very quickly be forced to rebuy back up at the .7 fib because 200 new people were able to enter the market that day with propulsion aided by the overseeing whales who still control a large % of the coins in this still thin market.  Maybe if they wait longer then anticipated they may find cheaper coins, but they'll also be stressing out, wasting time staring at charts, and are then guessing and gambling.

Just saying, TA followers are playing a very dangerous game, there's a lot more to consider then a chart, fibs, EW, etc, and to base your decisions only on those considerations in this market is not even close to doing the same in the forex market.  Here, I would guess there is a level of magnitude less predictive power.  Perhaps when we're at $300k/coin and hover in a 6 figure range for a few years.  But I mean, it's like looking at the gold market in 1940, EW analysis applied then would have essentially been guessing, now sure you can retroactively apply dense counts and have some success today.

Pros/"Pros" have their feeling of mojo, that's cool, gl.  This is more for newbs here, just understand there's a lot more to consider, and a lot at stake.

When Gavin was asked what he was most surprised to learn through Bitcoin, he replied that people will trade anything with a price on it. 
arepo

Activity: 448

this statement is false

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 07:10:53 PM

--arepo

haha i can only chuckle and wait Grin

this sentence has fifteen words, seventy-four letters, four commas, one hyphen, and a period.
18N9md2G1oA89kdBuiyJFrtJShuL5iDWDz
arepo

Activity: 448

this statement is false

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 07:14:56 PM

Lot's of respect for your TA in general (told you that already earlier), but in the past week or so, you've been a bit too focused on the "duty" of the market to continue the correction -- in reality, even if the likelihood of a longer post-ATH correction was rather high, and still is, perhaps, it's important to keep your eyes open for the possibility that this time it *is* indeed somewhat different.

i think it says something that you respect my technical analysis but can't stomach my mid-term bearishesness... not even that! a capitulation event is not a downtrend, it's a cusp. if you HODL you'll barely notice it. i'm just calling it like it is. but i've been getting tons of flak because of market sentiment right now, which, ironically enough as notme points out, is evidence as well.

--arepo

this sentence has fifteen words, seventy-four letters, four commas, one hyphen, and a period.
18N9md2G1oA89kdBuiyJFrtJShuL5iDWDz
samurai1200

Activity: 303

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 07:59:20 PM

So whats the next likely resistance? Speaking in the very short term, I can't help but feel like we are overbought right now. The next historical point to bounce off of seems like $1068 gox.

Hodl for the longest tiem.

Use it or lose it: http://coinmap.org/
oda.krell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 08:08:05 PM

i think it says something that you respect my technical analysis but can't stomach my mid-term bearishesness... not even that! a capitulation event is not a downtrend, it's a cusp. if you HODL you'll barely notice it. i'm just calling it like it is. but i've been getting tons of flak because of market sentiment right now, which, ironically enough as notme points out, is evidence as well.

--arepo

Let me be clear: there's absolutely nothing wrong with being bearish. I'm not so delusionally positive about BTC that I don't see the potential for a medium or longer term downtrend.

But there *is* something wrong with being bearish when the situation changed, and the outlook is much more balanced between continued correction and trend reversal upwards. Which is, IMO, where we are now.

Semantics, though. Wasn't my intention to attack you.

EDIT: this whole discussion is a bit tricky without price points, though. If "capitulation event" means revisiting 850, sure, I can see that happen. But right now there's still a significant number of people hoping for sub-500 coins, including those poor sods who "follow" rpietila and his log chart linear regression ideas... *That* would be a real capitulation, and it starts looking more and more unlikely we'll go back there, in my view.

Not sure which Bitcoin wallet you should use? Get Electrum!
Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 11:03:19 PM
Last edit: January 05, 2014, 11:53:38 PM by RyNinDaCleM

So whats the next likely resistance? Speaking in the very short term, I can't help but feel like we are overbought right now. The next historical point to bounce off of seems like $1068 gox.

I'll leave this here!
Horizontal S/R levels

https://i.imgur.com/nQVSLaW.png

The red arrows are direct bounces or quick pokes of resistance where the price was nearly immediately pushed back. The pink are near bounces as if there was a significant amount of front running.
The green arrows are the same as red, but for support as the gray are to the pink.

Most of the levels are nearly equidistant with only +/- a few tenths of a percent difference.

Edit:
How do I resize that sombitch for readability?

samurai1200

Activity: 303

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 11:09:28 PM

Ooh very handy. Thanks for that. I can read it just fine.

Hodl for the longest tiem.

Use it or lose it: http://coinmap.org/
keewee
Legendary

Activity: 1025

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 11:11:49 PM

I'll leave this here!
Horizontal S/R levels

The red arrows are direct bounces or quick pokes of resistance where the price was nearly immediately pushed back. The pink are near bounces as if there was a significant amount of front running.
The green arrows are the same as red, but for support as the gray are to the pink.

Most of the levels are nearly equidistant with only +/- a few tenths of a percent difference.

Edit:

Easiest just to link to the larger image as I have done with your pic

1keewee2vRp63UWvPBynT55ZYw6SUCKDB
RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 11:14:24 PM

I'll leave this here!
Horizontal S/R levels

Edit:

I know, but I thought there was a way to do some BBcode to resize :/

notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 11:19:14 PM

I'll leave this here!
Horizontal S/R levels

Edit:

Code:
[img width=800]

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
keewee
Legendary

Activity: 1025

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 11:23:47 PM

I'll leave this here!
Horizontal S/R levels

Edit:

Code:
[img width=800]

Bear in mind that making this particular image larger will make it quite a bit bigger than the window size for many people

1keewee2vRp63UWvPBynT55ZYw6SUCKDB
RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 11:43:41 PM

I'll leave this here!
Horizontal S/R levels

Edit:

Code:
[img width=800]

Bear in mind that making this particular image larger will make it quite a bit bigger than the window size for many people

Right!
...and thank you notme!
I wasn't going to make it huge, but a little easier to read without having to click a link.

windjc
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 07:20:16 AM

How are we doing with those Fib retracement levels on this bull trap? Wink
JustAnotherSheep

Activity: 239
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 07:40:34 AM

There are so many factors to consider in the Bitcoin market, such that trying to apply TA for predictive power is largely useless.
I highly disagree. TA may not be 100% accurate, but it is far from useless. Lucif and his remarkably good calls is living proof of that.
It is essentially the study of crowd psychology applied to a market, and bitcoin users are still human and as such their behavior can be analyzed, patterns discerned and used for probabilistic predictions.

While I appreciate there are more things to consider and that TA will never be a magic crystal ball giving you guaranteed answers, I still believe it is a hell of a lot better than going by gut feeling, which is what the majority of this forum seem to do (and admittedly myself before I found this thread).

How are we doing with those Fib retracement levels on this bull trap? Wink
I'm man enough to admit when I'm wrong, but I still won't see confirmation of a bull market until we pass ATH. For all I know this could just be an unprecedentedly strong bull-trap, and I prefer not getting trapped, even if it means losing out on some profit.

Is it a bull? Is it a bear? No, it's just another sheep.
Pages: « 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 ... 334 »
  Print  

Jump to: