Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 06:52:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 ... 329 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Merit & new rank requirements  (Read 166607 times)
honeyira

Activity: 72
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 06:52:30 AM

I already don't like the way clicking on +merit takes you away from the thread.  Can you please have it open in a new window?
Agree 100% with this.  A new window, or maybe just code in a little box next to the post where you can type the Merit you want to give and then hit Give or something.

Instead of posting you 100% agree, you should have given me 100 merit.  Smiley

I'd like to believe Theymos implemented this partly as a solution to my request.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=622992.0
But he just said to only Merit things that are high-quality, not just because you agree with things.  Cool

Quality is relative. Judgement on the quality is depend on the reader. Quality for for you may not for others so merits will work according to the judgment of the readers not on the the quality of work or post. Other thing is circle of friends in the forum, merits work well on this.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
PoolMinor
Legendary

Activity: 1843
Merit: 1338

XXXVII Fnord is toast without bread

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 06:53:23 AM
Merited by Mitchell (1)

I haven't seen it mentioned or requested.  Would it be of interest to anyone to have some kind of indication of topics/threads with lots of merited posts/points awarded in them?  Something similar to the hot topic, very hot topic indicators in the left columns of the topic pages?  Maybe highlight one of the pages with different colours for different levels of merited posts or points awarded in the topic?  

If it wasn't to hard to implement it might be cool to be able to see threads that people feel are merit worthy! If I saw a thread with lots of merited posts/points awarded I might be inclined to check it out instead of blowing it off.

Here you go.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=178336.msg28929461#msg28929461

Btc=C2MF       Free BTC Poker
Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent. -Marilyn vos Savant
adotrulez

Activity: 168
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 06:55:09 AM

In local board a sad problem. Many users with high rank (Legendary - Hero) send their sMerit into the void (for example, send sMerit theymos-satoshi or other inactive users with old messages), thereby leading sMerit out of circulation.

Mr. King of the Hill hasn't logged in for years, yet ...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=merit;u=3

What next! Sending the dude bitcoin to his unused wallet addresses? Oh, wait! We've already did that to the tune of ~U$.250M atop the original reward of over half a million dollars: https://blockchain.info/address/1A1zP1eP5QGefi2DMPTfTL5SLmv7DivfNa

FWIW, at least I discovered on my own what sM are really good for ...

... Memes!  Grin Grin Grin

Damn!!! I just took a screenshot of that bitcoin wallet...i plan to put it in a frame and hang it on my wall. LOL the shit i live for
jimmywh

Activity: 140
Merit: 22

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 06:55:21 AM

In case you missed it, I +1 sM your post because that's the type of guy I'm.

And he +1ed you back.  That's the reason you announced it, right?

Dude, I don't want the sonabitch back. Here: +1 sM  Tongue Tongue Tongue

Actually, I didn't check the timelines as to when sM was sent or received. I'm just doling them out as I feel. Wait, is that even allowed? I suggest there should be a litmus test AND a psychological evaluation given to users prior to entrusting them with sM. For that matter, the same for the person who's dolin' them out to the dolers - STARTING AT THE TOP.  Grin

I just don't want everyone to start announcing when they leave sM.  The only reason to do that is the hope of reciprocation.    Undecided

Not necessarily.
A small pat on the back and an explanation of why you sent a sM can just as well act as constructive criticism. That would actually suit this forum much better than all the negativity and FUD being spread. It would encourage people to keep the quality high. A written recognition outweighs a merit any day IMO.
Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1750

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 06:56:32 AM

I haven't seen it mentioned or requested.  Would it be of interest to anyone to have some kind of indication of topics/threads with lots of merited posts/points awarded in them?  Something similar to the hot topic, very hot topic indicators in the left columns of the topic pages?  Maybe highlight one of the pages with different colours for different levels of merited posts or points awarded in the topic?  

If it wasn't to hard to implement it might be cool to be able to see threads that people feel are merit worthy! If I saw a thread with lots of merited posts/points awarded I might be inclined to check it out instead of blowing it off.

Here you go.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=178336.msg28929461#msg28929461

I was thinking more at the subforum level, I prefer to just cruise around a few subs and don't really want to wade through a big old list of every sub here!

Thanks for the link though I will check out the top merited thread link!
krishnaverma

Activity: 1274
Merit: 106

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 06:57:42 AM
Last edit: January 27, 2018, 07:53:36 AM by krishnaverma

This new "merit system" is good to improve the posts of the members in this forum. But I don't like this because what if someone creates a good, quality post and didn't get any merits at all?  The one who has many merits will be benefited because they can earn money from this. Is there any moderator who will secure that the one who merited is worthy? This system will give more negative impact than a positive impact in this forum. I wish this system should be changed or fix because it is not fair to some members.

Just because you think something is not fair, it is not going to be changed. This is a forum owned by someone and you have to follow the rules. It is not the other way around where the owner has to set rules as per your convenience.
Darthswan

Activity: 818
Merit: 508

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 07:04:19 AM

Is there any method of counting? It seems to me that the merit in this topic was distributed much more than in the entire forum together.
(I suspect that 80% of the distributed merit remains in this topic)  Undecided

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
coinmenace

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

Everything you want, is everything you need.

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 07:17:50 AM

This is a good way to avoid FUD/spam posts for those who wants to rank up quickly. You still have to maintain the required activity so it is good but will be difficult for Newbies to rank up to say Senior Member.

Looks like a +1 or Like or Upvote of users in the forum.

Since there is no "negative" merits, could "Trust" be also considered next time for the Ranking? Say if a member has many Negative Trusts then gets demoted in Rank.
krishnaverma

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 07:19:30 AM
Merited by theymos_away (1)

Is there any method of counting? It seems to me that the merit in this topic was distributed much more than in the entire forum together.
(I suspect that 80% of the distributed merit remains in this topic)  Undecided

See all the stats here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=merit;stats
krishnaverma

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 07:32:47 AM

Very much like it but the difference is that it is finite here. With time passing by it will get scarce.

Since there is no "negative" merits, could "Trust" be also considered next time for the Ranking? Say if a member has many Negative Trusts then gets demoted in Rank.

Merits are already being abused. Negative trust could be abused even more.
Cryptolupus

Activity: 102
Merit: 2

OPEN Platform - Powering Blockchain Acceptance

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 07:46:30 AM

Just because you think something is not fair, it is not going to be changes. This is a forum owned by someone and you have to follow the rules. It is not the other way around where the owner has to set rules as per your convenience.

This is absolutely true. Lot of people here complain about the new rules, but they forget this is not a public institution or a democratic place.
If the owner wants to make random gifts of merits, or ban someone, or anything so, he doesn't need to justify anything.

The problem is that if you want to keep people here you have to find a fair balance: if too many people will become unhappy, they will leave.
At the beginning, this will be very positive: for sure there will be much less spam and shitpost (even if a lot of shit posters are already high rank), but in short time this will mean the death of the forum.

For what I can read here, the only members happy about the new rules are Legendaries.

OPEN Platform | Powering Blockchain Acceptance [ICO]
Blockchain's First Payment API (http://go.openmoney.digital/9it9)
krishnaverma

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 07:52:54 AM
Last edit: January 27, 2018, 08:29:04 AM by krishnaverma

The problem is that if you want to keep people here you have to find a fair balance: if too many people will become unhappy, they will leave.
At the beginning, this will be very positive: for sure there will be much less spam and shitpost (even if a lot of shit posters are already high rank), but in short time this will mean the death of the forum.

For what I can read here, the only members happy about the new rules are Legendaries.

Eventually, shit posters will realize that they will not be able to rank higher without merits. Isn't it better for the forum if the members making shit posts leave ? Those useless posts will only affect the rankings for this forum negatively on search engines. I do not think that "number of members" or " new registrations" can give an idea of the quality of a forum. There are a lot of problems with shit posters. For instance, I have seen a lot of times that new members open new thread about a query that has already been replied to multiple of times before. Now members will start reading the responses attentively as well.
BTCeminjas

Activity: 322
Merit: 23

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 08:00:25 AM
Merited by bitcoin31 (3), drwhobox (2)

Very much like it but the difference is that it is finite here. With time passing by it will get scarce.

We wait for sir theymos updates about merit system, yes i think many of members now here in forum get starting abusing merit system even though not quality post i saw they are giving merits. So be fair on giving merits and give for those informative post not because you you were close friend.

Yes for those having negative trust maybe their merits having negative too.lol
That's what in my mind now that merit being abused.
YuTü.Co.in

Activity: 728
Merit: 350

Re-monetizing YouTubers via Crypto-commodities

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2018, 08:01:14 AM

Just because you think something is not fair, it is not going to be changes. This is a forum owned by someone and you have to follow the rules. It is not the other way around where the owner has to set rules as per your convenience.

This is absolutely true. Lot of people here complain about the new rules, but they forget this is not a public institution or a democratic place.
If the owner wants to make random gifts of merits, or ban someone, or anything so, he doesn't need to justify anything.

Speaking for my Legendary accounts, I'm not happy, for now that means more work for me unless I choose not to participate like I chose not to participate in the Trust thingy (nothing against it, per se, just opted not to is all).

I don't think you realize how much work is involved in participating in this sM thingy, do you? First, I must decide if a post is worthy of sM because I have a wild hair up my ass and wanna be funny. Second, I must move my cursor over to the Merit button and click it, then wait for a new tab to open, scared to death wondering if such a move is a security risk. Then, decide if the post is worth more than +1 sM. Then fill in the field. Then click submit. Then wait to see if I'm gonna get them sM replaced. It's madness on this side on the laptop, I tell you. MADNESS!

Tongue Tongue Tongue

YuTü.Co.in

Activity: 728
Merit: 350

Re-monetizing YouTubers via Crypto-commodities

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2018, 08:07:19 AM

We wait for sir theymos updates about merit system, yes i think many of members now here in forum get starting abusing merit system even though not quality post i saw they are giving merits. So be fair on giving merits and give for those informative post not because you you were close friend.

I think theymos needs to onboard at least 10 sMPs (sM Police) to handle the new workload, something for him to consider while he's eating his [Muenster] cheese.  Wink

<apologies for double posting; off to bed>

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2018, 08:31:17 AM
Merited by otrkid70 (1), Darthswan (1)

For what I can read here, the only members unhappy about the new rules are account-farming spammers.

See how that works?

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Zackgeno96

Activity: 1778
Merit: 520

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 08:35:42 AM

The forum ranking system is a bit complicated now... It'd be nice if someone made an infographic explaining activity and merit.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
AGD
Legendary

Activity: 2069
Merit: 1164

Keeper of the Private Key

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 08:36:50 AM

For what I can read here, the only members unhappy about the new rules are account-farming spammers.

See how that works?

Bitcoin is not a bubble, it's the pin!
+++ GPG Public key FFBD756C24B54962E6A772EA1C680D74DB714D40 +++ http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1C680D74DB714D40
anilffff

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 09:28:08 AM

lots of friend can give the merits to their friends hmm it is strange but i will bring more quality comments too for upgrage the profil is quite harder than the old  system
krishnaverma

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 09:30:46 AM

lots of friend can give the merits to their friends hmm it is strange but i will bring more quality comments too for upgrage the profil is quite harder than the old  system
Please work on your grammar or people will ridicule you. You are right that friends can give merit to each other but this merit farming can result in negative trust which is already happening.
Pages: « 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 ... 329 »
  Print  

Jump to: