Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:34:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 [224] 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 ... 329 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Merit & new rank requirements  (Read 166612 times)
B4RF

Activity: 813
Merit: 507

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 10:01:55 AM

With anxiety one of the most important steps to recovery is accepting it and not working against it.
With merit it quite the same for me. Accept that threads im interested in (altcoins) are not a place to gain merit.

If your here for money and commenting to get merit, you probably will not receive much. If your interested in topics where merit is not given out, you wont get merit.
All im "loosing" is a rank up and double reward from bounty. What i am gaining by not chasing merit is having a good time in the forum.

Maybe the sources should be higher than 80 with lower reward, not because some people feel they deserve merit but because the forum have gotten massive and 80 sources will not cover a fraction of the threads.
People interested in altcoins should just give up merit even with more sources though Tongue And that is ok Smiley

But the whole merit system is designed to work with just a few sources.
When someone gets merit from a source he gets half the amount of smerit which he can spend whereever he wants to.

There should be enough users which are visiting different topics and therefore the merit spreads most likely into every single of those as long as users use their merit.
And I think thats the only problem. Some users simply dont care about merit and therefore dont award any others with their smerit.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
▀██████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████
BTC  ◉PLAY  ◉XMR  ◉DOGE  ◉BCH  ◉STRAT  ◉ETH  ◉GAS  ◉LTC  ◉DASH  ◉PPC
     ▄▄██████████████▄▄
  ▄██████████████████████▄        █████
▄██████████████████████████▄      █████
████ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ████     ▄██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ▄██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ██
████ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ████ ▄██████▄
████████████████████████████ ████████
███████▀            ▀███████ ▀██████▀
█████▀                ▀█████
▀██████████████████████████▀
  ▀▀████████████████████▀▀ 
✔️DICE           
✔️BLACKJACK
✔️PLINKO
✔️VIDEO POKER
✔️ROULETTE     
✔️LOTTO
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
d_eddie
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 2895

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 03:17:52 PM

I think this post should be sticky.
evilsign

Activity: 280
Merit: 60

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 04:18:42 PM

on another occasion, I once commented that it is not feasible for someone to judge a merit system, without providing a better solution. But on this occasion, I do not want to judge about merit system, because I already feel it is quite successful only in the implementation need to add some additional system. In addition, I also feel the existence of injustice here. I was a new member, have to fight hard to go up the rankings and I'm sure often overlooked by other members. Not so a real problem, but still there is an injustice here. Because I see a lot of who have automatically up high rank just because it has long joined and has a lot of activity, whether it's spam post or what I do not know. I think it should take additional tests to raise the rank.  Grin
InvoKing
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1065

✋(▀Ĺ̯ ▀-͠ )

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2018, 04:56:18 PM

I think this post should be sticky.

I thought about that at the beginning but with the way this topic is spammed, I prefer to not seeing it sticky.
H&co sticky topic is more than enough https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2766177.0

PSPD:law and order enforcement!
Press Section Police Department!
Bitcoinsupervisor
Copper Member

Activity: 210
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 04:58:54 PM

the problem of the system is that a huge number of really high-quality posts are not evaluated, because people do not have merits. This is a huge drawback of the system and it needs to be fixed.
DdmrDdmr
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 10731

There are lies, damned lies and statistics. MTwain

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2018, 05:22:38 PM

the problem of the system is that a huge number of really high-quality posts are not evaluated, because people do not have merits. This is a huge drawback of the system and it needs to be fixed.
If you believe that is the case, you could always create a list of those posts and indicate why you consider they should be merited. There are quite a few members here who spend part of their day looking for meritable posts, so I would not oppose posts that point to these unmerited posts, in much the way that Merit Source applications need to provide 10 recent under-merited posts they would merit.

What you say does happen, but without bringing them alight, we may never neither know of their existence, nor if there are indeed a huge number that go unmerited as you indicate... I'm not that sure there are too many.

I don't know where this list would fit in better, if created. Meta I believe is not the real optimal place, but if the posts are cross-board, I’m not really sure which would be the better place for it.
Leteravian

Activity: 322
Merit: 158

Türkçe/English/Deutsch/Earthling----@Marshal---

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2018, 05:35:35 PM
Last edit: June 06, 2018, 07:06:53 PM by Leteravian

In addition to activity, everyone now has a merit score, and you need both a certain activity level and a certain merit score in order to reach higher member ranks. The required scores are:

You get merit points when someone sends you some for one of your posts. Additionally, when someone sends you merit points, half of those points can be sent by you to other people.

Certain users are designated as "merit sources". They can create new merit out of nothing, up to a limited number per month (which differs per source). I will not be posting a definitive list of merit sources (so that people don't bug them too much), though you'll soon figure out who they are if you pay attention.

There is currently no such thing as a "demerit". I'm hoping that the positive merits alone will be fine. I could add demerits pretty easily later on if necessary, though.

I'm hoping that this system will increase post quality by:
 - Forcing people to post high-quality stuff in order to rank up. If you just post garbage, you will never get even 1 merit point, and you will therefore never be able to put links in your signature, etc.
 - Highlighting good posts with the "Merited by" line.

While we will not be directly moderating this, I encourage people to give merit to posts that are objectively high-quality, not just posts that you agree with.

Do not beg for merit excessively.

On the my language local forum and sometimes another forums , I have written many post to any topic ; but I don't take it any merit point... Is this normal ?

My friend in real life say to me always ;
- You are wasting your time. Merit are sold with money.
Is it real ? If it is not real, why did not I get any Merit for 100+ different posts ?
I do not write ridiculous short articles,
I share my information and my estimates with people,
I give you reason to make people do not make mistakes and not be deceived,
I can not open a new topic because this site is already very old and everything is there.
Who can tell me ? How can I earn Merit ? Is it at the initiative of Merit's producers ?
If so, how long do I have to wait until they like what I write ?

Edit : By the way ; Thank you very much, my local moderator ; He sent a merits to my post ... It's nice that some of them have awareness.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    ●  Leteravian  ●    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
●  Merit Bekleyen Konularım  ●    ●  Diğer Üyelerin Merit Bekleyen Konuları Bu Başlık Altında  ●
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ●  İmzanız ile Merit dağıtımına destek olun  ●  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
jonemil24

Activity: 448
Merit: 59

imagine me

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 08:41:12 PM
Last edit: June 06, 2018, 06:03:15 AM by jonemil24

On the my language local forum and sometimes another forums , I have written many post to any topic ; but I don't take it any merit point... Is this normal ?
Something might not be right in your local thread or maybe they just don't appreciate your posts.

My friend in real life say to me always ;
- You are wasting your time. Merit are sold with money.
Is it real ?
Maybe, but sending merit(sMerit) will run out or decay in due time and only merit sources will be able to send merits. So, if they're selling merits, it will not last forever.

Who can tell me ? How can I earn Merit ? Is it at the initiative of Merit's producers ?
TMAN'S guide to getting merit. - I hope this guy could help.

Where the Merit Pours? - you might want to read this post, it'll give you an idea what sections of this forum are getting most of the merits.

Normally, if given a choice to do something and nothing, I choose to do nothing.
But I will do something if it helps someone else to do nothing.
I'd work all night if it meant nothing got done.
- Roy Swanson
gabipavel

Activity: 160
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2018, 07:05:59 AM

This! I agree 100%
Leteravian

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2018, 07:08:39 AM
Last edit: June 06, 2018, 07:24:37 AM by Leteravian

Something might not be right in your local thread or maybe they just don't appreciate your posts.

''Does that mean all merit sources are hand selected? Is there a list of currently active merit sources? Sorry, I was lazy, should have read in full first.''

I can not see a positive side of this message and According to this comments ; my shares is 10 times more valuable ... But ;

This sentence > https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2818350.msg28856606#msg28856606 Gained 49 Merits

''I already don't like the way clicking on +merit takes you away from the thread.  Can you please have it open in a new window?''

and this sentence > https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2818350.msg28856765#msg28856765 Gained 44 Merits

According to you; did these shares deserve it?

Maybe, but sending merit(sMerit) will run out or decay in due time and only merit sources will be able to send merits. So, if they're selling merits, it will not last forever.

Say to me now please :

-How much information do you have about the wit capacity of Merit sources ? (Do not perceive this as an insult)

-What if they can not understand how important the information I provide is ?

●  Merit Bekleyen Konularım  ●    ●  Diğer Üyelerin Merit Bekleyen Konuları Bu Başlık Altında  ●
TheBeardedBaby
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 3134

₿uy / $ell

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 07:17:02 AM

''Does that mean all merit sources are hand selected? Is there a list of currently active merit sources? Sorry, I was lazy, should have read in full first.''

I can not see a positive side of this message and it's definitely worth 10 times what I write ... But ;

This sentence > https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2818350.msg28856606#msg28856606 Gained 49 Merits

Say to me now please :

-How much information do you have about the wit capacity of Merit sources ? (Do not perceive this as an insult)

The sentence is from the day /the first hours/ the merit was implemented so it is completely normal to gain so much attention. People tried to test the system and gave some points to the first few valuable comments.

Leo Barnes

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 08:09:15 AM

thank you for this really informative forum I am still hoping that somebody will give merit to me.
athanz88

Activity: 476
Merit: 359

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 09:13:48 AM

snip

What i can say to you is, early birds got the most food. You can not blame it. It is the same as if people enter the boat of bitcoin sooner than you, that is the different. That sentence was in the first page, right after the merit introduced and there was so many things to be discovered and that member point out some of valuable information at that time. It is hot topic back there, replied by famous member with a good information on the post, so i guess it is well deserved
jonemil24

Activity: 448
Merit: 59

imagine me

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 12:17:57 PM
Last edit: June 06, 2018, 12:43:37 PM by jonemil24

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=merit;stats=sources - we currently have 80 merit sources but they're unknown!

According to you; did these shares deserve it?
Just like @iasenko and @athanz88 said, they're testing the merit system the first time it was implemented.

Look at my received merits, do you think I deserved it?
Merit senders have their own freedom on where they send their merits!

Post in english and post it where there are heavy traffic of merits:https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3093768.0 - this thread gives you an idea where the merits are mostly sent!

Lastly,https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4104852.0 - this thread will give you a motivation and I hope you can learn from them! P. S, do not get motivated on username alia, that user received merits but his/her trust rating is near absolute evil. Cheesy

BTW, congrats on your first 5 merits! That sender is quite generous.

Normally, if given a choice to do something and nothing, I choose to do nothing.
But I will do something if it helps someone else to do nothing.
I'd work all night if it meant nothing got done.
- Roy Swanson
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2449

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2018, 12:46:29 PM

@Leteravian

I very nearly put you on ignore for that long quote earlier. It added nothing to the thread, and it covered items that have been mentioned many times before. Also. your comment below added nothing to the thread.

Your double spaced post a bit later was another annoyance, and I didn't bother to read it. If you want to receive merits, you need to respect those members who award them, and observations about their 'wit' is more of a reflection on you, than on the awarders who are probably skipping over your posts, or putting you on ignore.  It takes quite a bit of time to hunt through the boards, and anybody who posts long quotes, difficult to read text, or useless images, is slowing down the thread scanning by the people you are trying to impress, you are also depriving mermbers who post later in the thread of a chance to receive merit if the awarder exits the thread because of you.

I gave a merit to a poster who had submitted the single word 'yes' It was a complete answer to the OP question, and I awarded it for the lack of useless padding that would contribute nothing to the topic.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
Leteravian

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2018, 01:00:30 PM

@Jet Cash

If you know so much, If you think they're right they say , if you trust yourself ;

Create a zero account and win 900+ Merits... Do this and prove to me 80 merit sources they are doing their job properly... But you can't... You already know that

I do not think to write anything more and I give thanks to friends who help and direct

TheQuin

Activity: 2576
Merit: 882

Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2018, 01:06:22 PM

@Jet Cash

If you know so much, If you think they're right they say , if you trust yourself ;

Create a zero account and win 900+ Merits... Do this and prove to me 80 merit sources they are doing their job properly... But you can't... You already know that

I do not think to write anything more and I give thanks to friends who help and direct

He already did an experiment to see what it was like starting from the beginning again. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=1977706

900+ merits should take a long time to earn, that's nearly 3 years on the old activity system

There are plenty of new members that have been ranking up to prove that it is possible under the new system. I managed to rank up from Sr to Hero pretty quickly.

You would have done better to heed his advice about what makes your posts look like the sort of thing a merit source like him just wants to skip over.

freebitcoin.TO WIN A  LAMBORGHINI!..

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
                    ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
                    ▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
                    ▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
                      ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
                           ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
shahzadafzal
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 2890

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 01:21:29 PM

It is possible.... trust me!!

I had zero merits until my activity 70.. And when i did not rankup to Member Rank only then I realized that there is some shit called merits... Like you..I went nuts too... You can check my older posts.

But after very little research and some discussions with pears I realized its not that hard... Here is a proof...  today I think in 2-3 months i managed to get 100 merits.

If I want more merits I can get...challenge me I will prove...  But yeah it needs time and some efforts.

Next target is Sr. Member and 250 merits but my activity is not enough yet so I know until then I will be getting required merits very easily.

You know I'm sure I was once on @Jet Cash's ignore list... (Not sure if I'm still on)

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
snipie
Legendary

Activity: 3136
Merit: 1140

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2018, 01:38:10 PM

900+ merits should take a long time to earn, that's nearly 3 years on the old activity system
Newcomers want to become legendary in one day if that was possible. They didn't see and they don't want to follow some users that collected more merit than their actual activity.

Habibur1729

Activity: 181
Merit: 5

A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 04:10:35 PM

There is a donation way to give anyone some merits and with this they can be ranked up...But there is not any easy way to become a merit source..And It's my bad luck... I don't have any people who will like my post and give some merit. From which I can be ranked up...It's my fortune....😒😒👌👌

△ M!R△CLE TELE (https://miracletele.com/) ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY ▐
Pages: « 1 ... 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 [224] 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 ... 329 »
  Print  

Jump to: