Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 07:28:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 [235] 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 ... 320 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Thread: AMT  (Read 678349 times)
Stan-O

Activity: 267
Merit: 250

Stan the Man!

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 10:28:42 PM
Last edit: March 28, 2014, 10:53:39 PM by Stan-O

Not to rub salt into anyone's wounds but did you know that right now over at CEX.io you can buy 1THs of cloudmining for just a smidge over $5000 or 10BTC?  And you would be hashing immediately.

Crazy how the tides have turned!  This doesn't bode well for anyone still waiting on a hardware preorder.   Undecided

1th at 5000 will never pay off, even with no power cost.

Just pointing out the fact that preorder 1THs miners are worthless now that you can get immediate cloudmining for the same price.

I just spent 6 BTC about a week ago on a BitMain S2 1THs miner to arrive in April.  And before it arrives, CEX.io prices will probably be lower still.  In-stock is now absolutely the only option!  Even the quick turn-around BitMain/Spondoolies et al. are looking silly if cloudhashing can get close to matching the price.

here's a shameless plug, since we're on cloudmining topic. See my sig below.  PBmining    .0075BTC per GH and price drops every week.  5 year contract.
opieum2

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 10:34:51 PM

Not to rub salt into anyone's wounds but did you know that right now over at CEX.io you can buy 1THs of cloudmining for just a smidge over $5000 or 10BTC?  And you would be hashing immediately.

Crazy how the tides have turned!  This doesn't bode well for anyone still waiting on a hardware preorder.   Undecided

Just pointing out the fact that preorder 1THs miners are worthless now that you can get immediate cloudmining for the same price.

I just spent 6 BTC about a week ago on a BitMain S2 1THs miner to arrive in April.  And before it arrives, CEX.io prices will probably be lower still.  In-stock is now absolutely the only option!  Even the quick turn-around BitMain/Spondoolies et al. are looking silly if cloudhashing can get close to matching the price.

Bitmain is $518 for 180 GHs.  That is like $3/GHs
CEX.io is $5.25/GHs.
Cointerra is $2.99/Ghs ... delivery June 2014.

Nobody is his right mind should be buying a pre-order.

We are totally screwed by AMT.   Best chance right now is to take them to court on the MPP.

All said and done, its probably a discussion best had with the lawyer and not on a public forum if you are going that route Wink Its like telling people what your next move is.......oh wait it is....

Again poker face it Grin you already know the people who are going this route. best thing is to discuss it with them via PM and set up skype/teamspeak/ventrillo calls to strategize. But doing it in a public forum is not going to help. Just gets them more prepared to argue against you. Don't get overconfident that the law is totally on your side. They could pull a zinger out too and derail things. The law can be a bitch that way. Just consider that when you post about legal actions and what routes you are taking on a public forum. Just something to consider. Pokerface Wink

I'm taking a neutral stance here. They seem to be legit but over their heads. That much is clear. Whatever the case for my part I wont keep making this worse by requesting a refund just yet. Obviously the hardware exists and it obviously works. Sadly we got to find out the way we had to but it is what it is at this point. For my part I am going to make the most of the situation if it gets me my miners. If not well thats a whole other thing, but it sounds likely I will get a miner at some point soon (2 weeks reasonably speaking?)

"amtminers scam joshua zipkin scammer"
-Joshua Zipkin leaked skype chats http://bit.ly/1s7U2Yb
-For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself.
opieum2

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 10:39:23 PM

The questions have already been posted. How can you possibly delete your negative posts based on seeing a miner in an office, instead of a production facility as expected. What a waste of time. Then to get on video staggering around repeating what Josh feeds you from behind the camera, it is a total joke. I think a lot of us really expected you to go there and get some PI action going, not sell out for a miner and let them take a video of you claiming everything is fine.

check his bitcoin wallet. all im going to say. follow the trail, it's a shady one.

Who's wallet are we checking?

FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 10:43:36 PM

\I'm taking a neutral stance here. They seem to be legit but over their heads. That much is clear. Whatever the case for my part I wont keep making this worse by requesting a refund just yet. Obviously the hardware exists and it obviously works. Sadly we got to find out the way we had to but it is what it is at this point. For my part I am going to make the most of the situation if it gets me my miners. If not well thats a whole other thing, but it sounds likely I will get a miner at some point soon (2 weeks reasonably speaking?)

What I keep telling them is that it is better to give a refund that to actually delivering the units.  

If AMT can't deliver,  then that's going to look to everyone as wire-fraud.  The penalties are much steeper than not delivering and sending back a refund.

I can't see how stalling about a refund helps their situation. 

You heard the news,  Bernie Maddow's employees also are going to jail for perpetuating a fraud.  AMT employees should start seriously thinking about this.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
subseaguru

Activity: 560
Merit: 504

I know the voices in my head aren't real.

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 10:48:14 PM

here's a shameless plug, since we're on cloudmining topic. http://pbmining.com?ref=stanno"    .0075BTC per GH and price drops every week.  5 year contract.

FYI, the ballbag calling himself asprin will give you negative trust for posting those links. he did it to me a few weeks ago.

Stan-O

Stan the Man!

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 10:52:23 PM

Bitmain is $518 for 180 GHs.  That is like $3/GHs
CEX.io is $5.25/GHs.
Cointerra is $2.99/Ghs ... delivery June 2014.

Nobody is his right mind should be buying a pre-order.

We are totally screwed by AMT.   Best chance right now is to take them to court on the MPP.

Actually.... Bitmain Antminer S1 is .893BTC, or $443.82 for 180GH, which can be OC'd to 200GH.  mine runs at 200gh, as most do, so that's like $2.20/GH .  They also include free shipping, but no PSU.  have to add the PSU cost in there, which kicks the price up to about $2.50-2.60/gh.

PBMining is .0075btc per GH which is $3.73/GH, but you get it immediately and don't have to pay for power.
opieum2

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 10:52:41 PM

\I'm taking a neutral stance here. They seem to be legit but over their heads. That much is clear. Whatever the case for my part I wont keep making this worse by requesting a refund just yet. Obviously the hardware exists and it obviously works. Sadly we got to find out the way we had to but it is what it is at this point. For my part I am going to make the most of the situation if it gets me my miners. If not well thats a whole other thing, but it sounds likely I will get a miner at some point soon (2 weeks reasonably speaking?)

What I keep telling them is that it is better to give a refund that to actually deliver the units.   

I am willing to guess the money is tied up in the next round of hardware and has been spent OR they mismanaged it. Not sure why they aren't issuing refunds to people requesting them.

Stan-O

Stan the Man!

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 10:54:56 PM

here's a shameless plug, since we're on cloudmining topic. http://pbmining.com?ref=stanno"    .0075BTC per GH and price drops every week.  5 year contract.

FYI, the ballbag calling himself asprin will give you negative trust for posting those links. he did it to me a few weeks ago.

fixed it.  better?
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 2549

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 11:33:16 PM
Last edit: March 28, 2014, 11:49:03 PM by NotFuzzyWarm

All said and done, its probably a discussion best had with the lawyer and not on a public forum if you are going that route Wink Its like telling people what your next move is.......oh wait it is....

Again poker face it Grin you already know the people who are going this route. best thing is to discuss it with them via PM and set up skype/teamspeak/ventrillo calls to strategize. But doing it in a public forum is not going to help. Just gets them more prepared to argue against you. Don't get overconfident that the law is totally on your side. They could pull a zinger out too and derail things. The law can be a bitch that way. Just consider that when you post about legal actions and what routes you are taking on a public forum. Just something to consider. Pokerface Wink

I'm taking a neutral stance here. They seem to be legit but over their heads. That much is clear. Whatever the case for my part I wont keep making this worse by requesting a refund just yet. Obviously the hardware exists and it obviously works. Sadly we got to find out the way we had to but it is what it is at this point. For my part I am going to make the most of the situation if it gets me my miners. If not well thats a whole other thing, but it sounds likely I will get a miner at some point soon (2 weeks reasonably speaking?)

+1
Agree 100%. Those taking a legal route need to get together via the more private means you gave and keep specifics out of the Public realm until the matters are resolved. Any lawyer will tell you that.

Frankly considering other miner companies and their customers are in the same boat over the A1 chips/boards/specs, I hate to say it but seems there is a need for at least standards or even laws setup regarding this pre-order thing.

re: Phins comments about Josh "being in over his head" and "is not an Engineer".

Ya think? Strikes me same as several damn fine sales/pitchmen I've known during my stint in the Medical x-ray equipment biz a few decades ago. Wouldn't trust them one bit with *my* money but damn they were good at selling widgets. Dinna really know a damn thing about *how/why* they work, just what they can do as told/shown to them by the folks making the equipment. As long as they had folks like me on-board to understand the equipment or at least reliable and knowledgeable contacts familiar with the technology involved (I take it AMT does not) and the mfgrs have proven SALABLE designs (root cause of this mess BitMine.ch is that did not) then it can work very well for all.

Of course, when the widget maker flubs the product - and does not even talk to their direct-sales customers about it (again, BitMine.ch) much less their Authorized Distributors) then the pitchman and their customers get screwed and if said sales folks panic and hide or whatever, we get this mess...

At least it seems Josh and company may pull most of their butt out of the fire yet assuming we get more reports of miners in customer hands. At least they did not immediately bail off the map like the owner of a certain x-ray sales company did about 1 month after I left them to get into the laser biz. Best move I ever made getting out of there when I did.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
opieum2

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 11:54:52 PM

All I am saying is its utterly retarded to be discussing ANYTHING of a legal nature in a public forum. For football fans thats like giving away the playbook. That being said...again I am holding out for my miner. They clearly have them they are clearly making them. Figure I will hold out and see what happens. There are still 3 days left for me to hear back from them about anything. If they are going to be late (which is presumed at this point) I would just like to know and know why. I would be ok with getting a disassembled miner if it meant I got my order faster (as I emailed and posted earlier). But they are not responding any more at this point today. Hopefully they are just working out how to do that and make it up to the people who were expecting a fully assembled device.

FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 12:00:11 AM

All I am saying is its utterly retarded to be discussing ANYTHING of a legal nature in a public forum. For football fans thats like giving away the playbook. That being said...again I am holding out for my miner. They clearly have them they are clearly making them. Figure I will hold out and see what happens. There are still 3 days left for me to hear back from them about anything. If they are going to be late (which is presumed at this point) I would just like to know and know why. I would be ok with getting a disassembled miner if it meant I got my order faster (as I emailed and posted earlier). But they are not responding any more at this point today. Hopefully they are just working out how to do that and make it up to the people who were expecting a fully assembled device.

There were 2 technical reasons that were mentioned that may be responsible for the delay.

(1) 1 in every 8 coincraft A1 chips are claimed to be defective.  Which should not be an issue since you should be able to test a chip before you mount in on the board!  Anyway, they appear to have the software compensate for the flawed device Still bogus since why would anyone accept a board with 1 or 2 chips that are defective?

(2) Lack of power supplies.   We do know there is a shortage since every miner manufacturer is demanding these power supplies.   It is kind of like AMD GPU a month ago,  you could not buy one even if you wanted to.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
opieum2

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 12:09:27 AM

There were 2 technical reasons that were mentioned that may be responsible for the delay.

(1) 1 in every 8 coincraft A1 chips are claimed to be defective.  Which should not be an issue since you should be able to test a chip before you mount in on the board!  Anyway, they appear to have the software compensate for the flawed device Still bogus since why would anyone accept a board with 1 or 2 chips that are defective?

(2) Lack of power supplies.   We do know there is a shortage since every miner manufacturer is demanding these power supplies.   It is kind of like AMD GPU a month ago,  you could not buy one even if you wanted to.

Right not interested in defective hardware. Lack of PSU's I can deal with. That I can make my problem so long as they arrange to get one to me later on. Since I am forgoeing the assembly and a crucial component an additional card or a smaller hashing unit to make up for that loss. Something to make it worth my inconvenience. These are things that can be worked around with he MPP and can be negotiated. Flexibility is something I can deal with in a crunch situation. This is one of those. I would like to hold out for a miner but in this business time is truly money. I lost some here by waitign it out. Luckily I have other stuff going that helps keep the income stream coming but honestly had hoped any company would have started shipping 1THS miners. At least from this experience I have learned it will be better to just buy from anyone with inhand hardware only. None of this "in-stock" preorder crap.

NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 12:27:10 AM

ya. and glad I have a recently bought Ant pharm. Them suckas are getting cheaper every week..

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
captin crunch

Activity: 630
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 12:30:26 AM

Let me sum this all up in two words "hot mess"

here in America the term is "steaming pile" But I think the meaning still comes across Wink

captin crunch

Activity: 630
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 12:47:52 AM

I am in America... Another saying comes to mind .. "a lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part"

My mistake, Thought you said you were from the U.K. Must have been someone else.

I'm not familiar with that term, but yea, totally makes sense.

NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 12:52:00 AM
Last edit: March 29, 2014, 01:10:03 AM by NotFuzzyWarm

"(1) 1 in every 8 coincraft A1 chips are claimed to be defective.  Which should not be an issue since you should be able to test a chip before you mount in on the board!"

Not that easy with power BGA devices which pull most of their heat away through the bottom contact balls. The usual ZIF test sockets cannot be used because they are not designed to pull away the heat from full power testing and ya can't just slap a cold-plate on top of the chip but - that is an issue between BM.ch/CoinCraft and Global Foundries who make the chip. Obviously GF was told to not test the chips under load (more expensive), just do limited go/no-go.

Then again, considering it typically cost 50-100million USD to bring a 28nm node chip into production, one would think that maybe 5% more to cover 100% full load burn-in would not have been a bad idea...

athgaurd

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 12:52:16 AM

AMt_miners I am still waiting for your response, you asked me my order number and didn't respond. Is that what you call customer service?

They have none. It is too difficult for them to train someone and it will take weeks to get that rep up to speed to address simple questions at least that is what was stated a few weeks back via AMT.
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 01:38:49 AM

Any particular reason? I've been a customer of pbmining longer than stan. I know cuz he's through my link Cheesy They've been responsive, delivered on their word, and work like a charm. Unlike a lot of other people I can name.
xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 02:15:09 AM

Any particular reason? I've been a customer of pbmining longer than stan. I know cuz he's through my link Cheesy They've been responsive, delivered on their word, and work like a charm. Unlike a lot of other people I can name.

Curious about PBMining myself but I refuse to sign up just so I can see what the price is.
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 02:21:21 AM

Curious about PBMining myself but I refuse to sign up just so I can see what the price is.

.0075 per GH/s right now. It'll go down in a few days. I think every diff change. They've done well by me.
Pages: « 1 ... 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 [235] 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 ... 320 »
  Print  

Jump to: