Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 01:48:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 [245] 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 ... 320 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Thread: AMT  (Read 678349 times)
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2014, 12:08:53 AM

at firs I wondered why they didn't post the video of the machine hashing. then thought about what you said about it hashing @800 gh/s.
people here would have blown a fucking cow seeing a 1.2 machine hashing at 800.

I totally missed the double spend thing on that btc address the other day but it was definitely there. I remember the red bar but didn't read the contents.

After we did the first video, Josh, too, was concerned as to how that 800 gh/s would be perceived, but then he devised a putting it in turbo option (whatever that means or does), whereupon the numbers would be more in line was his hope. Not a lie, but a... a... what's another word for lie?
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2014, 12:13:09 AM

Looks like 1 miner chip company has learned their lesson from past fiascoes...
http://www.coindesk.com/avalon-asics-40nm-chip-bring-hashing-boost-less-power/

Note that Avalon is not doing pre-sales. The chips have been characterized and more importantly they are providing via github reference designs for various board form factors.

Gonna have to keep an eye on that...

Ready for some good news? Seriously! Not kidding!

Josh told me that soon the bitcoin rate exchange will go up due to Avalon and BitFury about to flood the market with some sort of chips, thus they're going to somehow get said rate up to make their chips more viable, thus hoping to sell a shitload of them. If I heard that rumor from anybody else besides Josh, I probably wouldn't relay it. Ironically, this is one thing that came outta Josh's trap that I may be inclined to believe. Those in the know would be able to dissect this information, for I'm just the messenger.
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 2555

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 12:13:25 AM
Last edit: March 30, 2014, 12:24:17 AM by NotFuzzyWarm

Hmm could it be because Bitine.ch is the cause of all this. Face it, whatever you may think of the pair Josh and his fledgling AMT has been badly burned by this as well by BMch. If The A1 product had been properly produced - in other words chips produced and characterized to verify design specs, tweaked a few times as needed BEFORE taking full payment pre-orders - then none of this would have happened.

Really? First of all, let me remind you that technobit (and more recently, several Chinese vendors) has/have been selling A1 based boards for quite some time.  Secondly, in AMT's latest post they claim they hired an engineering buro to design the shelves only 4 weeks ago. Thats after he already claimed to be shipping boatloads. I also fail to see how AMT's utter incompetence in getting a case made is in anyway Bitmine's fault.

As it stands, safe bet BMch is taking care of their own direct orders first followed by what BMch doles out to chip buyers and miner assemblers.

Where do you read that AMT has problems getting chips?  And didnt they have like "4 suppliers" for the PCB's ? Bitmine is responsible for the stunts they are pulling with their customers, no doubt, but I see no evidence AMT was significantly impacted.
AMT is the Authorized distributor for BitMine.ch products and as such it is a safe bet that they by contract can only use  the CoinCraft A1 chips and boards supplied by BitMine. BMch's travails are well posted in their own thread.

The 'other' A1's out there raises an interesting question about BitMine and Innosilicon. Details are sketchy at best but BMch contracted with Innosilicon to design the A1. Somewhere along the line it seems like Innosilicon was granted rights to sell the A1 by BitMine.ch. Now idea why and frankly I have never heard of a design deal like that. Possibly as form of payment for services rendered?

The A1 has a lot of standard Innosilicon IP in it, memory, routing and whatnot so I can see Innosilicon pushing matters if they were not getting paid or if there were disputes about the v1/v2 chips. They *do* work, just not as expected. (so even more off targets then what is being shipped now?) If that is the case, I can see Innosilicon pushing to be able to sell what v1/v2 chips had been produced and even keeping mgf/sale rights for those versions of the chip.

BitMin.ch is releasing orders now only for A1 v3 chips. Raises the question though - what version chips are in our AMT miners???

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
opieum2

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 12:22:38 AM

at firs I wondered why they didn't post the video of the machine hashing. then thought about what you said about it hashing @800 gh/s.

I totally missed the double spend thing on that btc address the other day but it was definitely there. I remember the red bar but didn't read the contents.

After we did the first video, Josh, too, was concerned as to how that 800 gh/s would be perceived, but then he devised a putting it in turbo option (whatever that means or does), whereupon the numbers would be more in line was his hope. Not a lie, but a... a... what's another word for lie?
fib, deception (I can go on in about 7 other languages if you like)

"amtminers scam joshua zipkin scammer"
-Joshua Zipkin leaked skype chats http://bit.ly/1s7U2Yb
-For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2014, 12:22:44 AM

And we can start from this point.
https://blockchain.info/address/1M2souBdQ3C9E3JDWRkh2xiwhYRuVH4LFk

If their claim is that they haven't been mining with the hardware then its easy to validate with the bitcoin transactions they have made. There are a few but one of those will give us answers if there are any to be had.

I'm almost certain that the following is his address: https://blockchain.info/address/1Nx8MqprAyRMaE14BzduGvfcF1NLTte6qY

Also, take a look at one of the early inputs: https://blockchain.info/tx/aa18d2ce79b1fdf1fc267d6ac0cd98f49e302773a5c3a13f3133b31daccbd5c9

Here's something interesting with this address: https://blockchain.info/address/1LJiC5hmBY7EWrWzfq3NUcsJj4J5HMYcT8

https://blockchain.info/tx/d1c511c91ebeb185b01565b81076efc729c89daf2b02e4c258940fcb8d071266

Has a public note from John K.

https://blockchain.info/address/1Nx8MqprAyRMaE14BzduGvfcF1NLTte6qY send bitcoins to it:

https://blockchain.info/tx/d434d3450ea15da4eb9a2b667bc54711b23624dd97066643591b8b833703c66c
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2014, 12:25:55 AM

Caution: Chuckle post ahead.

Elliptically speaking, perhaps it was a hyperbole.  Roll Eyes
captin crunch

Activity: 630
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 12:27:05 AM

Well the pressure is on to deliver those miners. Lotta people here willing to forgo the case and PSU which would help ALOT of that delivery load (#1493 here) I would be happy enough to just pick up my parts and put them together. I got 2 rack mount cases for those I was gonna modify if needed to put the hardware in. Nice to know its already ATX compatible so it saves me some headaches.  

Also AMT may want to take note. http://www.coindesk.com/court-grants-order-freeze-hashfasts-bitcoin-wallets/ There are people with plenty of legitimate gripes. This would be a good time to start heaping out the orders on here first if anything. There are some with refunds that are deserved too. If you got some hidden wallets out there they will be found. After all the ledger is public.

I want to be on your side and see you guys succeed as a business. But you gotta look at how its playing out and start flexing a little and communicating with the customers instead of just detractors. Posting on your facebook or blog for starters would be FAR better than using this forum. We can discuss here until we turn blue. Plus anything useful seems to get drowned out within hours of being posted. It is an incredibly poor use of social media in terms of getting news out. That said the forums server their own purpose for customer engagement and feedback.  

There is a legal storm coming which has been alluded to repeatedly here (not a threat just observation on what people have been admitting). There are people who have been essentially spamming email and these forums for an answer to a refund. No attempt to contact them has been forthcoming. I have emailed requesting an ETA according to your instructions for various things including volunteering to come down and assist (which I am willing to do for the good of the community at large not just myself). Also you put forward the option of receiving the parts and assembling it ourselves. Obviously if we are doing that we definitely want something in return to compensate for that as well. An additional hashing board or even a 128Ghs miner just to get some extra power out. The MPP is a huge huge thing right now as people have lost alot of mining power because the difficulty has climbed a number of times because of the wait. Does not seem like there are plans to honor that MPP at this point. Which is really really bad.

These are just the realities of what we are seeing right now. I imagine you guys are keenly aware of that.

http://www.coindesk.com/court-grants-order-freeze-hashfasts-bitcoin-wallets/

HashFast, which had been under threat of legal action over the delays since the beginning of this year, was founded just last year and promotes itself on its website as “an industry leader in bitcoin mining technology”.

Can you image any bitcoin miner supplier promoting themselves as, "Coin Mining on the Level"? Me neither, thus not even sure why I brought it up.

Let me put my tin foil hat on...
There we go.
Did the Mason connection come up at all?
On the level being a Freemason term. I noticed AMT changed their web page some time back to remove other symbols that could be construed as masonic but its kind of hard to remove your company slogan I guess

Ok the hats coming off. that thing makes my scalp itchy and I don't care for the easy listening music I hear when wearing it Grin

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2014, 12:29:04 AM

Caution: Chuckle post ahead.

Elliptically speaking, perhaps it was a hyperbole.  Roll Eyes

Of which, in turn (since we're talking in circles) is a metaphor or mole hill, if you will.

"Saw my shadow! Six more weeks of waiting. Time for a RedBull."
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 12:30:20 AM

So, anyone else here running Bitcoin Core program so they have the entire blockchain DB? I run it but that database is >18.7GB and I don't have the horsepower to search for strings.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 12:35:17 AM

Ready for some good news? Seriously! Not kidding!

Josh told me that soon the bitcoin rate exchange will go up due to Avalon and BitFury about to flood the market with some sort of chips, thus they're going to somehow get said rate up to make their chips more viable, thus hoping to sell a shitload of them. If I heard that rumor from anybody else besides Josh, I probably wouldn't relay it. Ironically, this is one thing that came outta Josh's trap that I may be inclined to believe. Those in the know would be able to dissect this information, for I'm just the messenger.

Well we already know that Bitmain is flooding the market with their devices.  Driving prices down to $3 per GHs.   Bitmine.ch and AMT will need to respond if they even hope to be in business.  

It is indeed possible that Avalon2 and Bitfury devices both at 55nm could go the Bitmain route.  

What I don't see is how Josh see's this as a good thing.  

Manufacturing IT hardware has rarely been a good business to be in.  It is just too competitive.

Feel sorry for these folks who are without a clue about this business. 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 12:36:44 AM

Actually... Those here who paid with bitcoins already have the AMT wallet address stored in their wallet transactions log.

Not that it matters much. Hell I have at least 5 addresses I use just to keep track of what pool is paying into it.

FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 12:40:01 AM

Actually... Those here who paid with bitcoins already have the AMT wallet address stored in their wallet transactions log.

Not that it matters much. Hell I have at least 5 addresses I use just to keep track of what pool is paying into it.

Bitcoin purchases were via BitPay,  so you aren't going to be able to trace where all the Bitcoin went.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2014, 12:43:12 AM

Well the pressure is on to deliver those miners. Lotta people here willing to forgo the case and PSU which would help ALOT of that delivery load (#1493 here) I would be happy enough to just pick up my parts and put them together. I got 2 rack mount cases for those I was gonna modify if needed to put the hardware in. Nice to know its already ATX compatible so it saves me some headaches.  

Also AMT may want to take note. http://www.coindesk.com/court-grants-order-freeze-hashfasts-bitcoin-wallets/ There are people with plenty of legitimate gripes. This would be a good time to start heaping out the orders on here first if anything. There are some with refunds that are deserved too. If you got some hidden wallets out there they will be found. After all the ledger is public.

I want to be on your side and see you guys succeed as a business. But you gotta look at how its playing out and start flexing a little and communicating with the customers instead of just detractors. Posting on your facebook or blog for starters would be FAR better than using this forum. We can discuss here until we turn blue. Plus anything useful seems to get drowned out within hours of being posted. It is an incredibly poor use of social media in terms of getting news out. That said the forums server their own purpose for customer engagement and feedback.  

There is a legal storm coming which has been alluded to repeatedly here (not a threat just observation on what people have been admitting). There are people who have been essentially spamming email and these forums for an answer to a refund. No attempt to contact them has been forthcoming. I have emailed requesting an ETA according to your instructions for various things including volunteering to come down and assist (which I am willing to do for the good of the community at large not just myself). Also you put forward the option of receiving the parts and assembling it ourselves. Obviously if we are doing that we definitely want something in return to compensate for that as well. An additional hashing board or even a 128Ghs miner just to get some extra power out. The MPP is a huge huge thing right now as people have lost alot of mining power because the difficulty has climbed a number of times because of the wait. Does not seem like there are plans to honor that MPP at this point. Which is really really bad.

These are just the realities of what we are seeing right now. I imagine you guys are keenly aware of that.

http://www.coindesk.com/court-grants-order-freeze-hashfasts-bitcoin-wallets/

HashFast, which had been under threat of legal action over the delays since the beginning of this year, was founded just last year and promotes itself on its website as “an industry leader in bitcoin mining technology”.

Can you image any bitcoin miner supplier promoting themselves as, "Coin Mining on the Level"? Me neither, thus not even sure why I brought it up.

Let me put my tin foil hat on...
There we go.
Did the Mason connection come up at all?
On the level being a Freemason term. I noticed AMT changed their web page some time back to remove other symbols that could be construed as masonic but its kind of hard to remove your company slogan I guess

Ok the hats coming off. that thing makes my scalp itchy and I don't care for the easy listening music I hear when wearing it Grin

Yes he did. Josh did admit that he and his father are both Freemasons, and that there are of different sects, for lack of a better term. They're just a brotherhood that does good. Fair enough. No problem with that whatsoever, and he should have embraced them and not removed any symbols.

The gist of our conversation is that he didn't know where/how the rumor got started, whereupon I told him that it was probably by me, expressing how I started adding it to the JBF moniker I devised. He claimed to only stated that he didn't know how it got started and not denying the fact. It that is true, then I would be the one to blame for claiming that he said that he wasn't a Freemasons, hence offering up proof of the contrary.

If I am the one to blame for that aspect, then I must apologize, and they probably shouldn't have been brought into the equation. I should revisit that post in question to see if and how I erred, if I did. At this penning, I'm leaning toward to making said error.

To be fair, Josh did state several times that his intentions are good, but his communication skills suck. I've had the pleasure of meeting several different people who claimed that there intentions were good, but at the end of the day, no joy.

Look, we all fuck up! That's a given. But, it's how we handle those fuck-ups that really matter. Unfortunately for Josh, the point of no return has probably been reached, and we're now hoping that all who've ordered don't get burn too badly at the end of the day.

Delivering only parts to those who want them would take a big-ass load off AMT.

Ironically, if Josh truly isn't mining, even a little, then that'll make him... (insert your own thoughts here).
Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 12:48:32 AM

AMT is the Authorized distributor for BitMine.ch products and as such it is a safe bet that they by contract can only use  the CoinCraft A1 chips and boards supplied by BitMine.

They claim not to use bitmine.ch boards, nor do they resell them. Instead they brag about contracting 3 or 4 PCB assembly houses:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=304605.msg5211012#msg5211012

They have no one but themselves to blame for this.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2014, 12:57:14 AM

AMT is the Authorized distributor for BitMine.ch products and as such it is a safe bet that they by contract can only use  the CoinCraft A1 chips and boards supplied by BitMine.

They claim not to use bitmine.ch boards, nor do they resell them. Instead they brag about contracting 3 or 4 PCB assembly houses:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=304605.msg5211012#msg5211012

They have no one but themselves to blame for this.

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2014, 01:05:01 AM

The whole thing is very depressing...

It was depressing way before I even entered this thread, but Josh truly believes that it was I that caused the most harm to the AMT brand, not him or other posters combined. But, for a $1,000 USD/mo. that he offered to pay me to man this thread, together we could turn this around. Of course, that would have meant that I would have to hone my hyperbole skills to meet his standards.

Until such skills were honed, my postings would probably resemble the following:

"You are just a troll, XXX! AMT is the bestest! We are shipping as quick as possible, working 27 hours a day, give or take 10%. We continue to have orders come in because we are the bestest. Our intentions are to honor all MPP ASAP. We are the bestest."

Or something similar.

For those wondering: The pizza was delicious--all 16" of it, thin crust.
Stan-O

Activity: 267
Merit: 250

Stan the Man!

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 01:29:18 AM

The whole thing is very depressing...

It was depressing way before I even entered this thread, but Josh truly believes that it was I that caused the most harm to the AMT brand, not him or other posters combined. But, for a $1,000 USD/mo. that he offered to pay me to man this thread, together we could turn this around. Of course, that would have meant that I would have to hone my hyperbole skills to meet his standards.

Until such skills were honed, my postings would probably resemble the following:

"You are just a troll, XXX! AMT is the bestest! We are shipping as quick as possible, working 27 hours a day, give or take 10%. We continue to have orders come in because we are the bestest. Our intentions are to honor all MPP ASAP. We are the bestest."

Or something similar.

For those wondering: The pizza was delicious--all 16" of it, thin crust.

Perfect!   worth every penny.

when can you start?
freddyfarnsworth

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 01:38:02 AM

Just curious, no one has brought up the reason for no refunds..

If I were them that "refund" would admit guilt of a breach, something they are blaming on other reasons at this point.

Not willful refusal to ship.

See HF for what is happening to a company that admits "breach"

BTC: 1F1X9dN2PRortYaDkq89YJDbQ72i3F5N3h MEOW: KAbvy9jrrajvN5WLo7RWBsYqYfJKyN9WLf DOGE: DAyKSrTiVeRZaReTu1Cyf5Je6qPdKTuKKE
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 01:39:29 AM

The gist of our conversation is that he didn't know where/how the rumor got started, whereupon I told him that it was probably by me, expressing how I started adding it to the JBF moniker I devised. He claimed to only stated that he didn't know how it got started and not denying the fact. It that is true, then I would be the one to blame for claiming that he said that he wasn't a Freemasons, hence offering up proof of the contrary.

You mean this quote?

We don't know anything about masons. There are several rumors, fake images, just plain crap on this thread that the trolls spread all the time, now we're free masons too right :. )

Buy & Hold
opieum2

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 01:41:14 AM

Its the weekend so safe bet they wont be responding on here until at least Monday. But fact is it sounds like they are getting the parts in. If only they started to contact people or ship the parts off. I mean seriously at this point if they aren't following the order of the queued up orders, they may as well deliver to the people on here first just to quiet things down so the discussion then turns into a technical one or whatever. Seems like that's the general idea. And those waiting for complete systems can wait too. It sucks to put it that way but it sounds like they are prioritizing a certain way.

-Basically get disassembled systems to those who requested it for those on pick up at office
-Then complete system pick up orders
-And obviously while doing all those ship the disassembled orders to those in the queue
-Then completed system orders to be shipped

It's not totally fair to be honest BUT if they are gonna skip around then add some order to that skipping to make it orderly and people actually get their orders.
Obviously it sucks no matter how you slice it but at least they get the lower hanging fruit out of the way which is the systems that need picking up. That knocks out a fair bit of headache. Quite a few of us on here are within driving distance and it would go a long way to starting a more technical discussion.

Their communication yea needs work. Obviously thats just my idea. There may be a better way to ship the orders. Clearly they are not being done in order so the logistics is all jacked. And now people are pissed.

"amtminers scam joshua zipkin scammer"
-Joshua Zipkin leaked skype chats http://bit.ly/1s7U2Yb
-For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself.
Pages: « 1 ... 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 [245] 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 ... 320 »
  Print  

Jump to: