Bitcoin Forum
May 15, 2024, 06:46:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 [242] 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 ... 320 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Thread: AMT  (Read 678349 times)
sirminesalot

Activity: 1148
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 05:20:55 PM

They gave you one of our the paying customers miners because AMT hoped you would say nice stuff. AMTs voice is on the camera, still we know it's them.

Not "them" but "him". Joshua Zipkin.

Good to know Jim Brown is Joshua Zipkin's brother in real life (unless he meant masonic brother). Either way, I wouldn't let these dolts have more time. They are obviously incompetent, god only knows how the miner will perform IF it's ever delivered. Read back about Stan-O's and Biomech's bitfury based miner if you want a preview of things to come...

Better to let the lawyers tear into them and recoup our funds, THAN wait it out for these sloppily assembled, under performing, soon to be - paperweights!

The video (and Bruno's statements) prove that Joshua Zipkin gave away a free miner to silence a critic. This is so fucked up and wrong on so many levels. Hopefully Bruno will help use that miner to do a little PI work and see what's inside, how it performs, so on and so forth.

Josh posted about all of these delays revolving around the cage. Well, it's good to know that all this time wasted and R&D were simply for some stupid cages and the case setup for the boards. These boards could of theoretically been running in clients' hands weeks ago, if AMT knew what they were doing in terms of a case design (or simply OMITTED the case idea). They really wanted to stuff this whole setup into a non-expandable desktop tower, and now everyone is paying the price for THAT stupid decision.

This is the problem folks, like Phin said: "Josh is not an engineer, he just orchestrates the whole thing". For AMT to ever have been successful, they needed technical people making decisions from the top down. Instead we got some buffoon with a fake Marketing degree from Penn State. Now what? We hear they are hemorrhaging money and have taken out loans on their houses because this whole clusterfuck of an operation is unprofitable. What did you expect? This is why we needed to dig into Joshua Zipkin's past earlier in the thread, to know whether this guy has the skills required to take on some of these tasks. Sad to say we learned he is not only technically incompetent, but isn't very honest either.

Joshua, you need to do the right thing and honor refunds as they come in. If AMT is insolvent, then you need to let people know. Your silence is just exacerbating the problem, as more people line up to get lawyers.
loshia
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 05:26:39 PM

They gave you one of our the paying customers miners because AMT hoped you would say nice stuff. AMTs voice is on the camera, still we know it's them.

Good to know Jim Brown is Joshua Zipkin's brother in real life (unless he meant masonic brother). Either way, I wouldn't let these dolts have more time. They are obviously incompetent, god only knows how the miner will perform IF it's ever delivered. Read back about Stan-O's and Biomech's bitfury based miner if you want a preview of things to come...

Better to let the lawyers tear into them and recoup our funds, THAN wait it out for these sloppily assembled, under performing, soon to be - paperweights!

The video (and Bruno's statements) prove that Joshua Zipkin gave away a free miner to silence a critic. This is so fucked up and wrong on so many levels. Hopefully Bruno will help use that miner to do a little PI work and see what's inside, how it performs, so on and so forth.

Josh posted about all of these delays revolving around the cage. Well, it's good to know that all this time wasted and R&D were simply for some stupid cages and the case setup for the boards. These boards could of theoretically been running in clients' hands weeks ago, if AMT knew what they were doing in terms of a case design (or simply OMITTED the case idea). They really wanted to stuff this whole setup into a non-expandable desktop tower, and now everyone is paying the price for THAT stupid decision.

This is the problem folks, like Phin said: "Josh is not an engineer, he just orchestrates the whole thing". For AMT to ever have been successful, they needed technical people making decisions from the top down. Instead we got some buffoon with a fake Marketing degree from Penn State. Now what? We hear they are hemorrhaging money and have taken out loans on their houses because this whole clusterfuck of an operation is unprofitable. What did you expect? This is why we needed to dig into Joshua Zipkin's past earlier in the thread, to know whether this guy has the skills required to take on some of these tasks. Sad to say we learned he is not only technically incompetent, but isn't very honest either.

Joshua, you need to do the right thing and honor refunds as they come in. If AMT is insolvent, then you need to let people know. Your silence is just exacerbating the problem, as more people line up to get lawyers.

Just get your lawyers immediately dude. Giveing him more time is increasing the chance you to be fucked up. Let him feel the heat arround the corner and think how he can leave in cage Grin The cage is top engeniering one of course Grin

Please help the Led Boy aka Bicknellski to make us a nice Christmas led tree and pay WASP membership fee here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=643999.msg7191563#msg7191563
And remember Bicknellski is not collecting money from community;D
l12

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 05:30:15 PM

Can anyone explain to me why is non customers getting our paid for units?
athgaurd

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 05:31:17 PM

"he drove a long way to come see us" - AMT
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 05:39:35 PM

"he drove a long way to come see us" - AMT

Can anyone explain why filming a confession is more important than filming the miner hashing?

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Stan-O

Activity: 267
Merit: 250

Stan the Man!

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 05:41:04 PM

same reason Biomech received a complimentary "review" unit, before i received my paid for unit.  They are grasping at straws to save their sinking company.  They don't understand that line-jumping to promote themselves only pisses off the paying customers, and scares away the ones that were thinking about it.

RickJamesBTC

Activity: 378

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 05:55:18 PM

Bruno says he had to talk them out of a miner, amt says that he paid for one. Both sides act like they are king of something. Basically you learned nothing as you were not able to see anything. I believe they gave you a miner, but I'm really laughing at the cease and desist comment. What kind of hack would write up a cease and desist against someone for posting on the Internet. What was the threat, suit for defamation?? Rofl they can never win a defamation suit as they have been caught in basically every lie for all their posts. That whole truth defense.

Waaaah, stop making it hard for us by asking questions... Waaaah..

It would be sad to see them use customer funds to pay a lawyer and to pay your lawyer fees when they lose.

I hope people aren't placated by a single story of how the cages that hold boards took a few extra days, starting four weeks ago, when they claim to be well into shipping miners every day. It is a start, but just a small one. At this point they have still failed to show anything that significantly proves they are capable of shipping all miners.

I'm still waiting to hear why they claimed to have shipped orders into the 1200s when people who have orders lower than that still post constantly about it. Also, still waiting to see an honest picture of a miner received that was shipped to a customer, not a bribe for visiting the office.
NaranKPatel

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 06:58:58 PM

The real problem is profitability, the payoff if they'd shipped on time would have made it with some to spare, now with difficulty as high as it is, a lot of people will hit MPP.

I think a strategy from AMT to counter this is required, the sooner the better, as this will make existing customer happy (forget about the delivery problems) and secure return customers.

What does Bitmine have to say about this?
RickJamesBTC

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 07:09:46 PM

A little advice for anyone considering a business like this. The preorder model has been demonstrated over and over again to be faulty, if not outright scammy. A company may not have the intention of taking money from people, causing financial harm to them, and indefinitely delaying the orders, but in the end they all seem to end up that way.

A proper business model, and I've said it over and over again, would be to secure financing, build a good product, start producing them then sell from inventory as you build them.

You can't make promises to people based on quotes from suppliers, because you will end up turning those promises to lies. People won't be mad at your suppliers or contractors, just you. Getting angry at customers who are tired of excuse after excuse is a horrible way to do business. At some point, the hole you dug yourself is just too deep, you blew through the funds needed to continue building products, and you just close up shop and screw everyone over. This has happened many times, not just in bitcoin hardware.

AMT could pull out of this, even though in my opinion they will never be able to fill all the outstanding orders. To do it, they need to be upfront and honest with shipping times, stop making up dates that they can't keep, and stop acting like a victim and threatening people. Act humble, do your job, work as hard as you can and be honest with your customers. You'll be surprised how people turn from detractors to proponents.
loshia
Legendary

Activity: 1610

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 07:24:30 PM

A little advice for anyone considering a business like this. The preorder model has been demonstrated over and over again to be faulty, if not outright scammy. A company may not have the intention of taking money from people, causing financial harm to them, and indefinitely delaying the orders, but in the end they all seem to end up that way.

A proper business model, and I've said it over and over again, would be to secure financing, build a good product, start producing them then sell from inventory as you build them.

You can't make promises to people based on quotes from suppliers, because you will end up turning those promises to lies. People won't be mad at your suppliers or contractors, just you. Getting angry at customers who are tired of excuse after excuse is a horrible way to do business. At some point, the hole you dug yourself is just too deep, you blew through the funds needed to continue building products, and you just close up shop and screw everyone over. This has happened many times, not just in bitcoin hardware.

AMT could pull out of this, even though in my opinion they will never be able to fill all the outstanding orders. To do it, they need to be upfront and honest with shipping times, stop making up dates that they can't keep, and stop acting like a victim and threatening people. Act humble, do your job, work as hard as you can and be honest with your customers. You'll be surprised how people turn from detractors to proponents.
+10000
But that behavior is expected from honest people. Which josh is not

Please help the Led Boy aka Bicknellski to make us a nice Christmas led tree and pay WASP membership fee here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=643999.msg7191563#msg7191563
And remember Bicknellski is not collecting money from community;D
plp

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 07:26:56 PM

where da fuk is my motha fuckin miner !  Ship that fucking shit already peace of shit did you ask if he had some sort or std in his ass hoe this is why there was a delay ?  I think it was that advance form of gonorrhea mixed with herpes

NOw it wont ROi
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 07:27:09 PM

Any particular reason? I've been a customer of pbmining longer than stan. I know cuz he's through my link Cheesy They've been responsive, delivered on their word, and work like a charm. Unlike a lot of other people I can name.

Curious about PBMining myself but I refuse to sign up just so I can see what the price is.

You don't have to sign up you can see the pricing here: http://pbmining.com/contractbuyinfo.html?&ref=

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
RickJamesBTC

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 07:31:26 PM

where da fuk is my motha fuckin miner !  Ship that fucking shit already peace of shit did you ask if he had some sort or std in his ass hoe this is why there was a delay ?  I think it was that advance form of gonorrhea mixed with herpes

NOw it wont ROi

That's how to do it. plp, you need to file complaints with federal and state consumer protection agencies. It's really easy. Then you need to sue them in small claims court in your own jurisdiction, as that is where you placed the order.
Phildo
Legendary

Activity: 1526

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 07:45:01 PM

People keep saying this, but the repercussions never come, and people continue to give people money for preorders.

this isn't going to stop until it stops working, for it to stop working, people need to stop buying preorders.
sirminesalot

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 07:53:21 PM
Last edit: March 29, 2014, 08:10:19 PM by sirminesalot

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2014, 08:07:58 PM

This post pretty well nails it. You could just about take it to the bank (no pun intended) that there's no money for refunds. The best hope is for those who ordered to receive their miner no matter how long it would take (within reason, of course). The worst solution is suing their ass (not implying that you shouldn't, just thinking out loud), whereupon there will definitely be no moneys and AMT can file bankruptcy but still mine their asses off with the miners built on one's dime. Either way, Josh wins. As far as him having his house mortgage to finance AMT, for some reason I doubt that's the case, albeit Josh did claim such, but of course no way to prove it.

Meanwhile, I listed that miner I received for payment of that bounty that Josh reneged on: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=548614. Ideally, I would love to have it go to someone that's been hurt financially due to the AMT fiasco.

In closing, I want to state again (implied earlier) that I didn't sell out. I don't trust Josh Zipkin and will continue to expose him, but will take into consideration to not mention family member's names or addresses. Also, I, too, now have his personal phone number, but won't release it unless the worst happens.

Now that I have time, I will read and interact with the last ~400 posts on this thread to see what kind of help I can give to those involved in this mess. And, it is a mess!
sirminesalot

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 08:14:56 PM

This post pretty well nails it. You could just about take it to the bank (no pun intended) that there's no money for refunds. The best hope is for those who ordered to receive their miner no matter how long it would take (within reason, of course). The worst solution is suing their ass (not implying that you shouldn't, just thinking out loud), whereupon there will definitely be no moneys and AMT can file bankruptcy but still mine their asses off with the miners built on one's dime. Either way, Josh wins. As far as him having his house mortgage to finance AMT, for some reason I doubt that's the case, albeit Josh did claim such, but of course no way to prove it.

Meanwhile, I listed that miner I received for payment of that bounty that Josh reneged on: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=548614. Ideally, I would love to have it go to someone that's been hurt financially due to the AMT fiasco.

In closing, I want to state again (implied earlier) that I didn't sell out. I don't trust Josh Zipkin and will continue to expose him, but will take into consideration to not mention family member's names or addresses. Also, I, too, now have his personal phone number, but won't release it unless the worst happens.

Now that I have time, I will read and interact with the last ~400 posts on this thread to see what kind of help I can give to those involved in this mess. And, it is a mess!

Glad you didn't succumb to the dark side! What your saying in the video seemed so forced, but we realize now it's because you were lying your ass off to walk out of there with SOMETHING.

Welcome back!

Can you share more information about your meeting with Josh? There was a miner running on the table, was it indeed hooked up and hashing? Was visiting their "assembly plant" a viable option? Was there only 1 miner running there, and was that the one that you ended up taking home?
RickJamesBTC

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 08:15:01 PM

Bruno did you ever run into those elusive customer service agents, like Alyssa trusten?? Lol
Actually, could you give us a quick breakdown on what you saw and how many people were involved?
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2014, 08:20:50 PM

Bruno did you ever run into those elusive customer service agents, like Alyssa trusten?? Lol
Actually, could you give us a quick breakdown on what you saw and how many people were involved?

Two other guys in the office: Jim Brown and another guy named Rob. No Alyssa Trusten. Breakdown forthcoming.
sirminesalot

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 08:22:54 PM

Curious if we might be able to pull data off that miner, and reveal AMT's wallet information.

Curious how much mining they have been doing themselves.

They say they aren't miners, but if they are truly 'taking a loss on this operation' - i'm sure they'd be mining their asses off to make up for it.

As for the loans against their houses, I would be willing to bet 100% that's a lie.
Pages: « 1 ... 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 [242] 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 ... 320 »
  Print  

Jump to: