Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 08:31:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 [150] 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Devcoin  (Read 412869 times)
Unthinkingbit (OP)

Activity: 935
Merit: 1015

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 11:14:48 PM

Guys when  writing on  153 page of this very chaos topic I am wondering - what about a separate DevCoin forum? We could just install BB forum and make our own structure - not "all in one" topic

I can easily setup a smf forum in 3 hours for devcoin, but seems there's no eager to such kind of things ...

And we could well promote devcoin via this forum since many people here, if a new forum, how we could drive people to that new one?

The reason I don't want a devcoin specific forum is that we would not get more people interested from the rest of the forum.

I want to go to a cryptocoin forum that allows all cryptocoins. There is at least one now, but I don't know which one people prefer. Please post cryptocoin forum recommendations here, if we ever get too many recommendations without an obvious winner we'll make a new thread just for deciding which forum to join.

An extra thing I'd like from the cryptocoin forum is that they are willing to make/install new features for devcoin shares. For example, I would like a couple of features in a forum:

1) To be able to send a message to an email address, and receive email in the forum inbox. In other words, a forum message to unthinkingbit would go to my forum account, and a message to unthinkingbit@gmail.com would go to my gmail account.

2) When an email comes in which is from an address not on my whitelist (which would include contacts and people I've emailed before), the sender would get a message saying they could pay say 30 cents in a cryptocurrency to send an email to me. This would stop spam, and part of the money would go to maintaining the forum.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
kibu

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 01:07:40 AM

What's happening to the value today? Do you guys have any idea why it's decreasing so much?
psybits
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 01:15:05 AM

What's happening to the value today? Do you guys have any idea why it's decreasing so much?

Someone (or a few people) are cashing out.

As DevCoin has become much more popular in the last month and generation share value has decreased substantially people should value their Devcoin's more which should lead to a price rise over the next few months as they will be less willing to sell them for these rock bottom prices.

Also, https://www.cryptospend.net is a new service which allows people to purchase real world goods with crypto - I have sent them an email at cryptospend@gmail.com urging them to support DevCoin and I suggest everyone here does the same!
jasinlee

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 02:05:51 AM

Well now would be the time to stock up so you can spend them on the ad network Cheesy which we are setting up as an offshoot of the devcoin sites.

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
doublec
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 02:09:36 AM

I've noticed that there's a few more big miners merge mining devcoin. My pool used to get 90% of the blocks, now it's less than 40%. The other miners are probably dumping the coins since I'm not aware of any other pools distributing devcoins to users.
psybits
Legendary

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 02:13:29 AM

Well now would be the time to stock up so you can spend them on the ad network Cheesy which we are setting up as an offshoot of the devcoin sites.

I am really looking forward to the ad network!!
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2013, 02:29:44 AM

I've seen others mention this ad network.  What is it exactly?  How and why would one spend their devcoins on it?  TIA.

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
psybits
Legendary

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 03:12:42 AM

I've seen others mention this ad network.  What is it exactly?  How and why would one spend their devcoins on it?  TIA.

As far as i know it is a PPC (Pay Per Click) advertising network where Devcoins can be used to purchase advertising and Devcoins can be earned if you are a publisher displaying ads. If you have a website to promote you will want to spend your Devcoins there Smiley

Devcoin can obviously promote itself and its projects to the entire network as the owner of the network too Smiley
jasinlee

Activity: 742

Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 03:13:48 AM

As far as i know it is a PPC (Pay Per Click) advertising network where Devcoins can be used to purchase advertising and Devcoins can be earned if you are a publisher displaying ads. If you have a website to promote you will want to spend your Devcoins there Smiley

Devcoin can obviously promote itself and its projects to the entire network as the owner of the network too Smiley

Exactly Cheesy

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
psybits
Legendary

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 03:19:20 AM

What do you guys think of my idea:

- I donate the domain altcointalk.org to Devcoin (as long as someone provides hosting and puts up a SMF install)
- We can promote it on the Devcoin advertising network and elsewhere and place Devcoin ads on the site
- We could have other advertising there too
- We can use it as a place to discuss some aspects of Devcoin with less clutter in one thread
emfox

Activity: 276
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 03:47:28 AM

- I donate the domain altcointalk.org to Devcoin (as long as someone provides hosting and puts up a SMF install)
- We can promote it on the Devcoin advertising network and elsewhere and place Devcoin ads on the site
- We can use it as a place to discuss some aspects of Devcoin with less clutter in one thread

If using new domain, I'd think talk.devcoin.org or forum.devcoin.org is better than altcointalk.org

Earn Devcoins by Writing
BTC: 1Emfox1WswYcd2YucUskRzqfRWKkcm1Jut DVC: 1Emfox1WswYcd2YucUskRzqfRWKkcm1Jut
IXC: xnRKo3qSDdcPJ4pgTLER3orkquUVQXeLwf
Balthozar

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 06:28:55 AM

If using new domain, I'd think talk.devcoin.org or forum.devcoin.org is better than altcointalk.org

Guys when  writing on  153 page of this very chaos topic I am wondering - what about a separate DevCoin forum? We could just install BB forum and make our own structure - not "all in one" topic

I can easily setup a smf forum in 3 hours for devcoin, but seems there's no eager to such kind of things ...

And we could well promote devcoin via this forum since many people here, if a new forum, how we could drive people to that new one?

The reason I don't want a devcoin specific forum is that we would not get more people interested from the rest of the forum.

I want to go to a cryptocoin forum that allows all cryptocoins. There is at least one now, but I don't know which one people prefer. Please post cryptocoin forum recommendations here, if we ever get too many recommendations without an obvious winner we'll make a new thread just for deciding which forum to join.

An extra thing I'd like from the cryptocoin forum is that they are willing to make/install new features for devcoin shares. For example, I would like a couple of features in a forum:

1) To be able to send a message to an email address, and receive email in the forum inbox. In other words, a forum message to unthinkingbit would go to my forum account, and a message to unthinkingbit@gmail.com would go to my gmail account.

2) When an email comes in which is from an address not on my whitelist (which would include contacts and people I've emailed before), the sender would get a message saying they could pay say 30 cents in a cryptocurrency to send an email to me. This would stop spam, and part of the money would go to maintaining the forum.

I think altcointalk would be okay considering what Unthinkingbit said, which I have highlighted. Something with devcoin in the name is not too inviting for all other coins to join up. They could just keep happily residing in the Alternate Cryptocurrencies section of bitcointalk.

http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=wiki:user:balthozar | Earn Devcoins by Writing | Virtual Currency Exchange
DVC:1kFhM8vtEzbZ43Z5wcadPvNrb4xFXbgze | YAC:YHjjwLgjVfsnANTeb9eKeU3rtyKsFNvVCq | BQC:bUu1W2JEQzVrbFvv3EU4gW6KY2J939JDe1 | WDC:WTqa866TFP6d9HWGpYm2AztDNNMFmQ365s | FRC:1N2x7s8F78WiSFCFQPszLqhWsP6Kk1RXVp | NVC:4KcR3Dcmxz1ZDLK3VA9oHxpG4C3oYMCPeV | FTC:6ugwSRQNXQKNb5EVwQVn4CLoZNpiitiQzt | PPC:PSnEL3tmJejkdAAwiBLxSqbCide1voSKXY
psybits
Legendary

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 06:38:10 AM

I know it won't be popular overnight - but if we use altcointalk we can then pay devs in DVC to make any requested changes to the forum.

The forum itself could be a DVC project and together we could easily make it the most popular altcoin forum out there Smiley

Just my 0.02 DVC

Some ways we could make it popular and some advantages of making it a DVC project:

- Offer DVC bounties to make innovative changes like UnthinkingBit has suggested
- All of us in DVC could add the link to our signture (there is a lot of us now)
- I can do a write up on BitcoinPRBUzz
- We could add a reputation system similar to that which is found here now
- We could even integrate BTC / DVC / LTC tipping into the forum perhaps - and any other cool features we can think of Smiley
- Devcoin can be the forum sponsor and as it gets more popular more people will be exposed to DVC
- I'm sure FinShaggy will get the word out about the forum in a big way  Grin
Balthozar

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 08:13:36 AM

I know it won't be popular overnight - but if we use altcointalk we can then pay devs in DVC to make any requested changes to the forum.

The forum itself could be a DVC project and together we could easily make it the most popular altcoin forum out there Smiley

Just my 0.02 DVC

Some ways we could make it popular and some advantages of making it a DVC project:

- Offer DVC bounties to make innovative changes like UnthinkingBit has suggested
- All of us in DVC could add the link to our signture (there is a lot of us now)
- I can do a write up on BitcoinPRBUzz
- We could add a reputation system similar to that which is found here now
- We could even integrate BTC / DVC / LTC tipping into the forum perhaps - and any other cool features we can think of Smiley
- Devcoin can be the forum sponsor and as it gets more popular more people will be exposed to DVC
- I'm sure FinShaggy will get the word out about the forum in a big way  Grin

Are there any plans on how to increase the market cap for Devcoin?

As per http://coinmarketcap.com/

There is 4,568,220,050 DVC in circulation right now. The price is $ 0.00016 for a total market cap of $ 733,947.

If the coin is worth 1 cent, then the total market cap is $45,682,200. Just for comparison sake, Litecoin is $ 54,747,187.

The question is how do we raise the value of the Devcoin when there is an unlimited supply....

This was debated in the last few pages of this thread. But to answer your question looking at DVC from a currency stand point (It is more of a token right now) you have to get the word out to everyone that might be slightly interested. You give the coin a real world value. Set up an online shop where you can pay for everyday stuff in DVC, and that makes it more of a currency than a token, that is, you no longer have to trade it for BTC or USD to be able to spend it. It's a combination of getting the coin attention, and increasing the usability of it. There were debates in earlier pages that suggested demurrage like FreiCoin has, but that was suggested from a token currency standpoint. I think DeVCoin can be more than a token, and therefore do not support the idea of demurrage. Demurrage would give you a specified amount of time to exchange your DVC for BTC or USD, and thus never leaves the opportunity to grow DVC into something more than a token

http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=wiki:user:balthozar | Earn Devcoins by Writing | Virtual Currency Exchange
DVC:1kFhM8vtEzbZ43Z5wcadPvNrb4xFXbgze | YAC:YHjjwLgjVfsnANTeb9eKeU3rtyKsFNvVCq | BQC:bUu1W2JEQzVrbFvv3EU4gW6KY2J939JDe1 | WDC:WTqa866TFP6d9HWGpYm2AztDNNMFmQ365s | FRC:1N2x7s8F78WiSFCFQPszLqhWsP6Kk1RXVp | NVC:4KcR3Dcmxz1ZDLK3VA9oHxpG4C3oYMCPeV | FTC:6ugwSRQNXQKNb5EVwQVn4CLoZNpiitiQzt | PPC:PSnEL3tmJejkdAAwiBLxSqbCide1voSKXY
FuzzyBear
Legendary

Activity: 1420
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2013, 09:37:00 AM

Ok read a few post in here (but too many pages and unread posts since my visit yesterday!) and some things i agree with and others not... actions speak louder than words and all that jazz... so here we have a dedicated devcoin forum to chat on.

http://devcointalk.org/

Obviously very early days and what not, but i have literally just got the site up in the last hour, and will be configuring the forum for post counts and permissions etc and all the various boards and what not but feel free to register and watch it develop over the day / weekend.

I hear what unthinkingbit is saying about attracting users from here and other altcoin forums to drive up revenue... but we need a home to chat amongst ourselves i personally feel... There are too many issues and users coming up in the last month or two that shows we have outgrown bitcointalk and a single thread.

also with this we do take up more webspace and have another site to post banners and whatnot on advertising devtome and devcoins.

FuzzyBear

***** Earn DEV at http://devtome.com *****
ashleysly

Activity: 225
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 10:10:11 AM

Ok read a few post in here (but too many pages and unread posts since my visit yesterday!) and some things i agree with and others not... actions speak louder than words and all that jazz... so here we have a dedicated devcoin forum to chat on.

Obviously very early days and what not, but i have literally just got the site up in the last hour, and will be configuring the forum for post counts and permissions etc and all the various boards and what not but feel free to register and watch it develop over the day / weekend.

I hear what unthinkingbit is saying about attracting users from here and other altcoin forums to drive up revenue... but we need a home to chat amongst ourselves i personally feel... There are too many issues and users coming up in the last month or two that shows we have outgrown bitcointalk and a single thread.

also with this we do take up more webspace and have another site to post banners and whatnot on advertising devtome and devcoins.

FuzzyBear

I just signed up for support and been waiting for the validation email. Not sure if its sent me one

Earn Devcoins by Writing
Support me build a plane to advertise DVC: 1Mdu9MbAEsUm81NzEPQR7GCkUxbG39pWMy
FuzzyBear
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2013, 10:23:58 AM

FuzzyBear

I just signed up for support and been waiting for the validation email. Not sure if its sent me one

Just fixed the email verification you should have received an email and be able to activate your account now.  Many thanks for signing up Smiley

weisoq

Activity: 720

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 10:41:24 AM
Last edit: May 30, 2013, 12:47:16 PM by weisoq

I'm having same problem fuzzy. Do we need to re-register?
Edit: Cheers, in now. Yeah had to hit re-send validation email (think must have done this same time you did).

Edit more: actually just noticed and read posts by psybits and others on a broader altcoin forum incorporating devcoin. Think there's value in considering that, as ultimately needs to attract new interested parties to grow. While a great addition by fuzzy, a devcoin specific forum seems quite optimistic at this point. The other thing to still consider is that for some time to come most people will still find out about devcoin via bitcoin, so again it's quite early to be transitioning (if actually transitioning the bulk of the discussion here is the plan).
FuzzyBear
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2013, 10:58:44 AM

i have seen Ashleysly has successfully signed into the site, so you should be able to as well now?

edit: - Just sent u a reminder email, have u been able to pick this up?

ashleysly

Activity: 225
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 12:14:20 PM

i have seen Ashleysly has successfully signed into the site, so you should be able to as well now?

edit: - Just sent u a reminder email, have u been able to pick this up?

I am on there, had to request another verification though then I had one sent through.

Thank You!

Earn Devcoins by Writing
Support me build a plane to advertise DVC: 1Mdu9MbAEsUm81NzEPQR7GCkUxbG39pWMy
Pages: « 1 ... 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 [150] 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 »
  Print  

Jump to: