Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 01:14:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Will you support Gavin's new block size limit hard fork of 8MB by January 1, 2016 then doubling every 2 years?
1.  yes
2.  no

Pages: « 1 ... 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 [1289] 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 ... 1557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.  (Read 2032140 times)
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 03:02:23 AM

Sounds like you two were made for each other  Cheesy

Cry

Haha you are cruel. It reminds of the rats in the face mask in Silence of the Lambs.

cruel indeed.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 262

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 03:15:45 AM
Last edit: June 07, 2015, 03:40:38 AM by TPTB_need_war

it's the content of what you write that's disturbing.

your whole schtick revolves around a doom and gloom scenario where the masses simply roll over and capitulate to a corrupt, evil elite.  that's IT.  yes, you're damn right i disagree and i think you're an idiot to think so.

You haven't studied history. And you and anyone that follows you, will pay dearly for that mistake.

Reality disturbs you. So ignore it. And lose your wealth. Fine with me.

You've chosen to ignore Armstrong because you don't like the reality that history paints for us now. Fine. You like the masses will stick you head in the sand. Go for it.

i have studied history.  and you're a loonie assuming i haven't.  go back and read the origins and beginnings of this thread, over a million views ago, where i go deeply into that.  including now every once in a while.

You haven't studied history. You slander the man who has. This is why you are oblivious to what time it is.

What ever you studied that you thought was history was some sampling below the necessary Nyquist limit, i.e. you are suffering aliasing error.

anyone who so definitively states the future as doom and gloom such as you either has conferences or newsletters to sell.  in your case, software.  pure nuts.  especially when it goes so against the grain of the historically phenomenal times we live in. yes, phenomenal.  you sit there and ignore the fact that you can diss me freely realtime from the Phillipines, me being in the US. since when have you been able to do that before?  the software that you write, since when has it ever been more powerful?  the funding campaigns you run, when has it been more easy or far-reaching?  answer:  NEVER.

I guess you haven't ready my 2010 - 2012 essays linked from the Economic Devastation thread wherein I refer to the fledgling GOLDEN KNOWLEDGE AGE.

You are preaching to the choir. I was on this wave back in 1986 when I created one of the world's first commercial WYSIWYG word processors. I was on this wave when I created a million user web page creation tool Cool Page in 1998.

Your myopia is that you don't understand the masses have moved from creating their own web pages, to all being lumped in on Facebook, Yahoo, Viber, etc..

You don't understand well the changes of the internet from End-to-end principle to the Fascist top-down system it is becoming.

You are going to get a lesson about ignoring experts soon... and that includes anyone that follows your ignorance about fields where you are not a domain expert.

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 03:18:31 AM

so where do you want to go with this Antony?

Cypherdoc did you buy Mastercoin  or NXT in the IPO?

no

Can you promise to never buy an alt under any circumstances?

why would i ever do that?

Ambiguous reply. Please clarify whether "that" means "promise" or "buy an alt under any circumstances"?

Are you intentionally being ambiguous or just your usual failure with language and reading skills.

Duplicitous? You refuse to clarify if you will stick by your Bitcoin-only mantra under all circumstances?

cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 03:20:31 AM

your whole schtick revolves around a doom and gloom scenario where the masses simply roll over and capitulate to a corrupt, evil elite.  that's IT.  yes, you're damn right i disagree and i think you're an idiot to think so.

You haven't studied history. And you and anyone that follows you, will pay dearly for that mistake.

You've chosen to ignore Armstrong because you don't like the reality that history paints for us now. Fine. You like the masses will stick you head in the sand. Go for it.

i have studied history.  and you're a loonie assuming i haven't.  go back and read the origins and beginnings of this thread, over a million views ago, where i go deeply into that.  including now every once in a while.

You haven't studied history. You slander the man who has. This is why you are oblivious to what time it is.

What ever you studied that you thought was history was some sampling below the necessary Nyquist limit, i.e. you are suffering aliasing error.

anyone who so definitively states the future as doom and gloom such as you either has conferences or newsletters to sell.  in your case, software.  pure nuts.  especially when it goes so against the grain of the historically phenomenal times we live in. yes, phenomenal.  you sit there and ignore the fact that you can diss me freely realtime from the Phillipines, me being in the US. since when have you been able to do that before?  the software that you write, since when has it ever been more powerful?  the funding campaigns you run, when has it been more easy or far-reaching?  answer:  NEVER.

I guess you haven't ready my essays linked from the Economic Devastation thread wherein I refer to the fledgling GOLDEN KNOWLEDGE AGE.

You are preaching to the choir. I was on this wave back in 1986 when I created one of the world's first commercial WYSIWYG word processors. I was on this wave when I created a million user web page creation tool Cool Page in 1998.

Your myopia is that you don't understand the masses have moved from creating their own web pages, to all being lumped in on Facebook, Yahoo, Viber, etc..

You don't understand well the changes of the internet from End-to-end principle to the Fascist top-down system it is becoming.

You are going to get a lesson about ignoring experts soon... and that includes anyone that follows your ignorance about fields where you are not a domain expert.

since Antony's in to revealing identities here, what's your name so i can look up your work?
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 03:26:17 AM

I guess you haven't ready my essays linked from the Economic Devastation thread wherein I refer to the fledgling GOLDEN KNOWLEDGE AGE.

what's your name so i can look up your work?

http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/about.html#acknowledgements

http://coolpage.com

http://www.atarimagazines.com/st-log/issue29/84_1_REVIEW_WORDUP.php

http://www.atarimania.com/list_utilities_atari-st-neocept-inc_publisher_3186_S_U.html

http://www.coolpage.com/commentary/economic/shelby/Demise%20of%20Finance,%20Rise%20of%20Knowledge.html

https://www.google.com/search?q=Understand+everything+fundamentally+shelby

http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article23786.html

cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 03:30:32 AM

what's your name so i can look up your work?

http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/about.html#acknowledgements

http://coolpage.com

http://www.atarimagazines.com/st-log/issue29/84_1_REVIEW_WORDUP.php

http://www.atarimania.com/list_utilities_atari-st-neocept-inc_publisher_3186_S_U.html

http://www.coolpage.com/commentary/economic/shelby/Demise%20of%20Finance,%20Rise%20of%20Knowledge.html

https://www.google.com/search?q=Understand+everything+fundamentally+shelby

http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article23786.html

in the spirit of screaming "you can't read", that's not a name, that's a list of articles which leaves some degree of doubt.

Shelby Moore?
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 03:38:15 AM

You type your full name and work address here too pinhead. And enough links so i can verify.

cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 03:42:17 AM

so where do you want to go with this Antony?

Cypherdoc did you buy Mastercoin  or NXT in the IPO?

no

Can you promise to never buy an alt under any circumstances?

why would i ever do that?

Ambiguous reply. Please clarify whether "that" means "promise" or "buy an alt under any circumstances"?

Are you intentionally being ambiguous or just your usual failure with language and reading skills.

Duplicitous? You refuse to clarify if you will stick by your Bitcoin-only mantra under all circumstances?

in your spirit of "missing stuff", you seem to also:

The imposible monero>btc seems more plausible as time goes on

nope.  with Monero wallowing at near all-time lows relative to BTC and way down at #13 in the cryptocurrency mkts, it's no wonder iCELatte and his buddies have decided to come into this thread and try to take advantage of the 20MB controversy.  it's a shameless move yet quite expected from these altscam guys.  too bad it's not going to work:

-

I have been reading this thread since early 2013, it is one of the little gems this forum has left. I respect your thoughts and what you have contributed. Until now I have refrained from commenting on/about anything monero in the little posts i make here, since there's an altsection for that.

But what you're doing now is playing the exact same card that all the bitcoin sceptics are pulling to illegitimatize btc, which imo is a weak one. Bitcoin provided a mental exercise when it appeared on the scene. You've been able to make it to the other side and are one of the most forward thinking guys ion this subject(esp if compared to the rest of the world). There are a lot of viable arguments against alts or monero but the stance you've been taking is of the same sturdiness of the bitcoin-'haters' and have resulted in fallacies based on price.

Maybe that is because of the monero-proponents here who sort of force you into this position. But don't become like the btc-haters who arn't willing to at least try out other perspectives on the matter. You resorted into the same kind of tactics as the old status quo you once battled.

You've been getting a lot of shit here lately in all the debates. And although you are used to getting shit about these topics it almost seems that lately you're losing it a little. Call me a troll/newb/insignifact whatever. The paragraph i started with was genuine.

i appreciate the feedback.  i've already taken these types of thoughts into consideration.

thezerg once accused me of being a dinorsaur with regards to innovation in Bitcoin, which you kinda are above.  i don't think that's true.  this whole debate is consistent with my long held belief that all innovation should occur on the mainchain.  if Bitcoin fails to do that as an open source project similar to linux, which was supposedly the great promise it made imo, then the whole concept of cryptocurrencies has failed and we'll just go back to fiat for the next hundred years.  this whole movement of Gavin to go to XT, if necessary, is innovation on the mainchain as i see it.  he's simply going to upgrade the software to accept bigger blocks.  and that's a good thing.  if anything, the dinosaurs and fear mongerers are the one's wanting to keep Bitcoin artificially restrained.  enough about that.

as far as Monero is concerned, it is a completely new altcoin with a different signature scheme.  to be honest, it is so far off my radar and so insignificant of an alt that i hadn't paid much attention to it.  i still don't really care to understand how it works b/c i don't think it will go anywhere.  could be wrong.  i've always said i'd welcome more privacy in Bitcoin and it's possible Monero does that.  i know there was a big technical issue months back but can't remember what it was.  maybe someone could clarify.  but that's beside the point.  it is NOT innovating on top of Bitcoin which i quite frankly see as a problem for it.  it is not leveraging upon the huge network effect already achieved by Bitcoin.  does that necessarily mean it will fail?  no.  but i think we get one chance with this b/c the implications are so huge.  if Bitcoin fails, they all fail.  if it's not improved upon or upgraded, it will fail.  if we all don't stick together as a group, it will fail.  if that means the economic majority has to fork off and shed the likes of the Blockstream cabal, we have a chance.  the more i think about it, the better i like the idea of getting rid of gmax and luke.  i think they're toxic.  yeah, gmax is a brilliant cryptographer but he can't be trusted with the keys or to run a company.  he's a KNOWN Bitcoin bear and posts an XMR donation address.  that's his prerogative but i think a core dev should be all out pushing and working on Bitcoin like Gavin does to advance the project forward.  shedding those guys would be a good thing.

everything i say is said in the context of the broader markets.  we're probably heading into the next recession and in that environment i believer altcoins will be slaughtered.  if Bitcoin can hang on, or even thrive, as a safe haven alternative, a major shift in finance may be upon us.  Bitcoin has already survived an unbelievable 6 yrs and next yr we will halve.  the way all the charts have lined up, it's just a matter of time before we start the next advance to end Bitcoin's longest Bear.  this hasn't even been the greatest Bear, imo, which was from 32 to 1.98 in 2011.  that is a great sign.  i've always said that the majority of ppl investing in cryptocurrencies will lose money.  this is definitely playing out and includes Bitcoiners who bought high.  it also includes full node operators and miners, btw, and accounts for the decrease in their numbers too.  but that will easily reverse with new adoption and the next price rise.

Bitcoin is like threading a needle; it needs to stay private enough to prevent all out war with TPTB.  so far so good.  is Monero in that category?  i doubt it but i'm not saying it won't possibly find a niche with the iCELatte's of the world.  oh, btw, it took me a while to figure out what his agenda was with him coming in here and pretending to be all concerned about Bitcoin when his real agenda was to diss it and pump Monero.  even smooth, who offers up decent stuff, was confusing me a while back before i found out he was a Monero core dev.  i couldn't figure out why when i got skeptical about altcoins he'd always quickly negate anything i had to say on that.  also when we got to talking about the 49%-51% attacks against Bitcoin he was posting highly frequently against Bitcoin.  that's ok, he's smart and is entitled to his opinion.  but it was never clear until someone mentioned his Monero connection what was happening.  i like to focus on what ppl's motivations are, that should be clear.  i won't let that cloud my judgment however.  i really think Bitcoin is on the right path, even if it has to fork to XT.  to me, that would just mean a much easier path forward with a new group of devs.  then the market can be free of financial conflicts of interest from the likes of Blockstream.  i've heard enough complaints about how big players like Nasdaq won't entrust large amounts of money to a monetary system controlled by an unknown, anarchistic leaning group of new leaders.  i wouldn't either if i didn't fully understand the system.  that's why i would be willing to migrate to XT if need be.  how would it be for Gavin to initiate growth to 20x at least for Bitcoin?  not bad at all i'd say.  we will overcome the technical constraints, if there really are some.  the financial incentives to find a solution will be so great at that point that full node growth is bound to happen, bandwidth providers will be happy to accept more traffic and will be financially incentivized to find solutions, and Wall St will then jump in with both feet.  and if we need to, we'll just pair the block size back temporarily until a real solution is found.  Monero can't even be a part of all that b/c the big players won't be allowed to play.

we will thread the needle b/c we can guide it to be so.

Just to note, my connection with pumping Nxt/Supernet is because I truly believe it will grow to be a platform that will enhance and compliment Bitcoin, never would I want it to replace it. I do not believe Nxt is set up to function as a global currency and store of value due to the way it's designed. I do however believe it's feature set, which soon Bitcoin will be able to use without even holding any Nxt, will only serve to enable new Bitcoin functionality - which is still #1 in my books. It doesn't have to happen on the main chain to be useful, a couple differant chains will be very healthy "competition" spuring new innovations. Crypto is still very small and there is plenty of room for experimentation and growth. I agree that you need to remain a little more open and don't just shut things down without actually digging in to them, since that is the attitude all bitcoin/crypto haters hold to their detriment.

while i agree with the "digging in" part, i've taken a somewhat opposite approach.  and that is to dig into Bitcoin so deep that you understand it so well that any competing altcoin would really have to stand out to attract my attention and time to dig into it.  granted my "understanding" fits neatly into my mental framework of how i look at the world so that is where disagreement btwn individuals will occur.  i think of myself being so right so far so i'm going to stick with it until something jumps out at me.  and it hasn't been Monero.
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 03:44:24 AM

Are you still 100% sure I won't produce an alt that will stand out and meet your criteria for buying an alt?

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2015, 03:59:19 AM
Last edit: June 07, 2015, 04:18:22 AM by iCEBREAKER

actually, there's no way f2pool, Eligius, and BTCPool add to 31% of the network.  i count 10% max and f2pool isn't even on the chart.

Look here you grumpy old fart.  You need to take your gingko and go on vacation, instead of requiring spoon-feeding in the manner of a vegetative nursing home resident.

You are constantly losing your shit and repeatedly requiring correction of your misapprehension of common knowledge and basic facts.

Watching gmax slap you around on reddit is Good Times, but a waste of his invaluable energy.  Likewise for tvbcof's, hdbuck's, and Marcus' disastrous attempts at informing and educating you.

If you stay, I suggest making a standing reservation in the burn ward.  Because GavinCoin is toast.   Wink

Please stop telling us VanillaCoiners what our "#1" anti-GavinCoin argument is, or at least get it approximately correct.

#1 trade-offs with negative impacts on existing levels of diversity/diffusion/defensibility/resiliency
#2 UXTO explosion
#3 blocksize gaming, propagation, bandwidth, etc.

Is that how you deal with your flawed addition problem  I just pointed out? With ad hominems? iCE, stop being an idiot and trying to push Monero.

It has been your #1 argument. Sorry for blowing a large smoking hole through it.

The post of mine you quoted doesn't mention Monero.  But thanks for the plug!   Tongue

Blocksize gaming may have been someone else's #1 argument, but never was mine.  If you review my posts on the matter, you may confirm this yourself.

My addition of anti-XT pool % is correct.  You are overlooking a very simple fact, widely known to every pool-watcher on the planet - except you.   Wink

I'm not going to chew your food and spoon feed it to you, like gmax has been doing on reddit.

You'll have to figure it out for yourself.

Meanwhile, I will dangle that salient piece of information over your head as if we are playing keep-away.

You clearly have strong opinions about GavinCoin and the larger world of pools, mining, etc.

The problem is your command of the relevant facts is very often wanting, and you've been getting much sloppier lately.

As your cyber-friend, I'm trying to get you to shape up and sharpen your dulled intellect.

First, you'll need some humility.  I will thus continue the humiliation process gmax started by schooling you on reddit.  It's for your own good.   Smiley

Lesson #1.  Check your own facts before calling other people wrong.  Hint: Use The Google!

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 04:08:29 AM

Are you still 100% sure I won't produce an alt that will stand out and meet your criteria for buying an alt?

no, but you seem to be 100% sure you will.  and that is the problem.  your arrogance in this regard is stunning esp given the ongoing rant about how TPTB have enslaved us for 5000 yrs and despite Bitcoin having surprised everyone including you and except for early adopters like me.  yet somehow, you are certain you will come up with the altcoin that will save us all.  my record is crystal clear and verifiable right here in this forum.  did you sell gold and silver at their tops in 2011?  i did.  did you short them as well?  i did.  did you buy Bitcoin when it was low?  i did.  did you buy Bitcoin when you arrived here in Jan 2013 when it was $13?  no.  i'm not bragging here; only defending myself from your arrogant attacks and ad hominems. 

i glanced over your stuff, Shelby.  we probably think alot in more ways than you think.  but i, unlike you, don't claim to know the future with 100% certainty.  thus, i don't diss Bitcoin in the face of what it has accomplished.  and that is "great things".  and Satoshi is "great" until proven otherwise.  the protocol has not failed nor is there any signs of it despite everyone complaining about the price.  the burden of proof is on you and until or unless you prove your claims with some real results then i remain highly skeptical of you.
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 04:19:36 AM

actually, there's no way f2pool, Eligius, and BTCPool add to 31% of the network.  i count 10% max and f2pool isn't even on the chart.

Look here you grumpy old fart.  You need to take your gingko and go on vacation, instead of requiring spoon-feeding in the manner of a vegetative nursing home resident.

You are constantly losing your shit and repeatedly requiring correction of your misapprehension of common knowledge and basic facts.

Watching gmax slap you around on reddit is Good Times, but a waste of his invaluable energy.  Likewise for tvbcof's, hdbuck's, and Marcus' disastrous attempts at informing and educating you.

If you stay, I suggest making a standing reservation in the burn ward.  Because GavinCoin is toast.   Wink

Please stop telling us VanillaCoiners what our "#1" anti-GavinCoin argument is, or at least get it approximately correct.

#1 trade-offs with negative impacts on existing levels of diversity/diffusion/defensibility/resiliency
#2 UXTO explosion
#3 blocksize gaming, propagation, bandwidth, etc.

Is that how you deal with your flawed addition problem  I just pointed out? With ad hominems? iCE, stop being an idiot and trying to push Monero.

It has been your #1 argument. Sorry for blowing a large smoking hole through it.

The post of mine you quoted doesn't mention Monero.  But thanks for the plug!   Tongue

Blocksize gaming may have been someone else's #1 argument, but never was mine.  If you review my posts on the matter, you may confirm this yourself.

My addition of anti-XT pool %s is correct.  You are overlooking a very simple fact, widely known to every pool-watcher on the planet - except you.   Wink

I'm not going to chew your food and spoon feed it to you, like gmax has been doing on reddit.

You'll have to figure it out for yourself.

Meanwhile, I will dangle that salient piece of information over your head as if we are playing keep-away.

You clearly have strong opinions about GavinCoin and the larger world of pools, mining, etc.

The problem is your command of the relevant facts is very often wanting, and you've been getting much sloppier lately.

As your cyber-friend, I'm trying to get you to shape up and sharpen your dulled intellect.

First, you'll need some humility.  I will thus continue the humiliation process gmax started by schooling you on reddit.  It's for your own good.   Smiley

Lesson #1.  Check your own facts before calling other people wrong.  Hint: Use The Google!

if upvotes are any indication, iCE, i'm doing quite well on Reddit.  you can "say" all you want about facts and dulled intellect but you'd be looking in the mirror.  everyone here knows you're pimping Monero.  and i'm still sorry i had to blow a huge smoking hole in the large miner, large block attack.  even everyone's favorite, including mine, pwuille was wrong on this and here i am correcting him before we even found out about the Chinese inferior connection problems.  i know it hurts:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/354qbm/bitcoin_devs_do_not_have_consensus_on_blocksize/cr138we
Peter R
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 04:24:52 AM

So...how 'bout those Chicago Blackhawks?

Run Bitcoin Unlimited (www.bitcoinunlimited.info)
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 04:26:23 AM

actually, let me memorialize that right here as, given gmax's history of erasing erroneous statements of his, i wouldn't want this one to disappear magically:

[–]pwuillePieter Wuille - Bitcoin Expert 16 points 1 month ago*

Removing the limit enforced by full nodes is equivalent to making miners choose the block size themselves.
It has been shown that there is an unfairness possible in that case. More geographically-centralized, better-connected, and mostly higher-hashpower miners have an incentive to create larger blocks than their smaller more distant colleagues, increasing mining centralization pressure even more.
Enforcing a limit in blocks is a way full nodes have to prevent large miners from getting an advantage over smaller ones. And even further: it is way for them to not make themselves irrelevant because they can't keep up.

permalinkembedsaveparentreportgive goldreply

cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 05:00:51 AM

I will thus continue the humiliation process gmax started by schooling you on reddit.  It's for your own good.   Smiley

iCE, what's your handle over on Reddit so i can be sure to pay extra attention to stomp on you when you come around?
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2015, 05:04:02 AM

I don't know, but I'm happy to find out.

i hate to say it, but iCE is right about you guys.

Maybe we're all sort of right about each other :p

What are audiences for, if not to mirror?

What am I right about?  I hope you're not putting words in my mouth again, as when you said blocksize gaming was my #1 concern about GavinCoin.

We three (and gmax too) clearly have far more in common with each other than with the rest of the useless eaters, hence our few points of disagreement are psychosomatically magnified in importance by the phenomenon called narcissism of small differences.

I say we just hug it out.  Except for that weirdo Shelby, he just gets a friendly, semi-patronizing pat on the back.   Cheesy

Doc, did you find the egregious amateur error in this post yet?

actually, there's no way f2pool, Eligius, and BTCPool add to 31% of the network.  i count 10% max and f2pool isn't even on the chart.

C'mon little slugger, I know you can do it!   Wink

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 05:14:16 AM

I don't know, but I'm happy to find out.

i hate to say it, but iCE is right about you guys.

Maybe we're all sort of right about each other :p

What are audiences for, if not to mirror?

What am I right about?  I hope you're not putting words in my mouth again, as when you said blocksize gaming was my #1 concern about GavinCoin.

We three (and gmax too) clearly have far more in common with each other than with the rest of the useless eaters, hence our few points of disagreement are psychosomatically magnified in importance by the phenomenon called narcissism of small differences.

I say we just hug it out.  Except for that weirdo Shelby, he just gets a friendly, semi-patronizing pat on the back.   Cheesy

Doc, did you find the egregious amateur error in this post yet?

actually, there's no way f2pool, Eligius, and BTCPool add to 31% of the network.  i count 10% max and f2pool isn't even on the chart.

C'mon little slugger, I know you can do it!   Wink

so what if f2pool is Discus fish.  i still say, let them cry.  if the community adopts XT, they will be forced to come along esp if they have inferior connections.  if anything, it's a great opportunity for US mines funded by Wall St to get into the market which is what the USG should encourage to create parity, just like Fred Wilson and i have been recommending.  they should want XT to grow the mkt and enable our mines. 

you really have nothing else to grasp onto do you having contributed nothing to greater understanding in Bitcoin.  i still want to know your handle over on Reddit or are you scared? Wink
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2015, 06:04:17 AM

*...180 degrees later...*

so what if f2pool is Discus fish.  i still say, let them cry.  if the community adopts XT, they will be forced to come along esp if they have inferior connections.  if anything, it's a great opportunity for US mines funded by Wall St to get into the market which is what the USG should encourage to create parity, just like Fred Wilson and i have been recommending.  they should want XT to grow the mkt and enable our mines. 

you really have nothing else to grasp onto do you having contributed nothing to greater understanding in Bitcoin.  i still want to know your handle over on Reddit or are you scared? Wink

OMG you finally figured out f2pool *is* DF.  Some BTC guru you are.  Perhaps you should be more charitable, humble, and resourceful before questioning rudely disputing my superior expertise in that domain?   Cheesy

I already told you the "so what" just as the Discus f2pool ops told Gavin how the cow ate the cabbage.

Gavin listened, and backpedaled to 8MB.  You, OTOH, are too stubborn and prideful to admit fault even when >30% of the network is asking us to calm down and stop exaggerating. 

And now we find you making some kind of silly, desperate, profoundly anti-libertarian protectionist argument against Asian Bitcoining.  Excuse me while I indulge in an epic eye roll...

I don't have an account on Reddit or any other Conde Naste organ.  That ant-farm is occasionally amusing, but overall too smug and mid-brow for my taste.  They don't even allow more than one side of the anthropogenic climate change debate to be represented!

If I posted at Reddit you would have recognized my writing style.  But I will not contribute free content to any such lumpen bastion of preening, asinine normativity.  I'm shocked and disappointed you fit in so well over there, but alas, so goes the Gavinista movement...

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 06:12:27 AM

oh iCE, you're impossible  Wink

btw, you didn't answer phoenix this morning:

Good morning!!

Would any of you guys care to comment on these two articles that assert that :

1) We are already hitting the 1MB block limit "an average of more than four times per day so far in 2015"

and

2) The 'real' speed of the Bitcoin network is only 2.8 TPS - "largely a result of increasingly complex transactions, often using multiple inputs and outputs"

https://tradeblock.com/blog/bitcoin-network-capacity-analysis-part-1-macro-block-trends

https://tradeblock.com/blog/bitcoin-network-capacity-analysis-part-2-macro-transaction-trends

Thanks!
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 06:19:54 AM

Would any of you guys care to comment on these two articles that assert that :

1) We are already hitting the 1MB block limit "an average of more than four times per day so far in 2015"

I haven't had time to read the articles (links at quoted post above) but my initial response to the claim is that is suggests the "hard crash" theory is wrong. If we are already hitting the limit regularly, then the system is able to handle that. People will learn to use higher tx fees to prioritize urgent transactions, just as they learned to stop using zero fee for urgent transactions a year or two ago, and slightly longer term probably a bunch of spam will get forced off the network altogether. The market mechanism is working.

I've personally run into very slow confirms of low-fee-paying transactions twice, but it wasn't he end of the world (with a ten minute avg block time you have to be prepared for slow confirms anyway). The next time I do a transaction if I care about urgency I'll probably increase the fee a little above the default.
Pages: « 1 ... 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 [1289] 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 ... 1557 »
  Print  

Jump to: