Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 06:16:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Will you support Gavin's new block size limit hard fork of 8MB by January 1, 2016 then doubling every 2 years?
1.  yes
2.  no

Pages: « 1 ... 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 [1295] 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 ... 1557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.  (Read 2032135 times)
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 09:59:20 PM

of course not.  as long as you continue to constrain it to 1MB.

You missed the technical point. Start was referring to "won't run".

i'm pretty sure he meant "start competing".

Because you aren't a programmer. Szabo is.

first off, Szabo didn't tweet that.  Oleganza did.  the word "start" is juxtaposed btwn 2 forms of the word "compete".  it means "start competing".  

second, even a non-programmer such as myself realizes that Oleganza would never claim Bitcoin won't even "start running".  it IS running currently.  he would have said something like it can't "scale".

Oleg is a programmer too. Szabo retweeted it thus presumably agreeing with it.

At Visa scale it would not run decentralized any more. Meaning it would not run on their home computers any more.

I know what he meant because I think as a programmer does.

but i don't think you are a programmer.  i think you're Armstrong.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 257

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 10:01:46 PM

but i don't think you are a programmer.  i think you're Armstrong.

You are losing your sanity dude. It is really pitiful to watch you go on this delusional tirade. Me not a programmer, hahaha.

Btw, Armstrong is a very skilled programmer.

cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 10:05:43 PM

You are losing your sanity dude. It is really pitiful to watch you go on this delusional tirade. Me not a programmer, hahaha.

there you go again.

every attribute you seem to have, he seems to have.  every attribute he seems to have, you seem to have.
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 10:07:32 PM

every attribute you seem to have, he seems to have.  every attribute he seems to have, you seem to have.

His left eye was losing vision. My right eye is 90% blinded. Whoops.

This is really comical. Are you under stress because of the court case? You are acting strange.

I suggested you get on Skype so you can see me on web cam. But you refused.

cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 10:18:35 PM

This is really comical. Are you under stress because of the court case? You are acting strange.

pm'd
solex
Legendary

Activity: 1078

100 satoshis -> ISO code

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 10:21:05 PM

Game over, Frap.doc.

FYI, Nick Szabo retweeted (and added to his favorites):
https://twitter.com/oleganza/status/605117508971053057
"@oleganza: If Bitcoin was ever competing with Paypal or Visa, it would not even start. It competes with gold and central banks."

Thus Saith The LORD.  Amen!

Cypherdoc is correct.

Nick Szabo and Oleg Andreev are both wrong. I don't care what their credentials are, in this matter they are not thinking clearly.

If Bitcoin does not compete with Paypal and Visa then it will NEVER compete with gold and central banks.

The reason is that physical presence matters. Gold is physical and has only two serious rival metals: platinum and silver. CB fiat is made physical by government power: legal tender for printed cash and debt-money backed by taxation and guns (although through incompetence, fiat is proving a failed experiment).

Bitcoin also has a physical presence: its ecosystem of users, companies, on-line services and large mining network. Take those away and it becomes just another Worldcoin, Yacoin, Litecoin or Auroracoin.

Bitcoin, the software can be copied many times, and its principles can be adapted in new ways e.g. NXT and Monero.

There is no scarcity for a digital currency unless that scarcity is backed by a physical presence, an ecosystem.

Capping the Bitcoin network at 1MB blocks is an assumption that enough of an ecosystem has been established that this particular instance of digital currency cannot be overtaken by a larger ecosystem, a larger physical presence, by one of the alternatives. This is a huge assumption which is not viable because the Bitcoin ecosystem footprint in the world economy is miniscule. Only when volumes approach Visa-scale can people sit back and consider that Bitcoin is seriously competing with gold and central banks. Even then, it can't remain standing still.

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 10:23:26 PM

...I don't buy his "computer model" explanation though. Wink

You probably lack appropriate domain knowledge to form an accurate assessment?

Have you not reviewed his record of correct predictions? It is essentially flawless since the 1980s if you understand his predictions are conditional and price and time are separate predictions.

You are most possibly right. I probably lack of the appropriate knowledge; nevertheless I have (as stated) said that he "passed one test", which (clarifying further for those who misunderstood) that his "model" is proven to be working. What I'm not sure about is that it's based on a computer model ie: a relational database mining s/w that includes every single economic data out there, that is able through calculations to extract an accurate prediction within a chaotic model.

To put it into perspective, as a theoretical physicist, I rest assure you that such a model is defined as "unpredictable". If you know more on the matter, I'd be honoured if you satiated my curiosity and obliterate my ignorance. I can certify that I'm more than capable to understand (even though it will take some more time than most geniuses in here) subjects from IT to QM (nevertheless, I stopped a while ago, being productive on the 1st one). Thanks in advance for your help.

I will come back to this after some sleep.

Before i sleep, some links:

https://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Aarmstrongeconomics.com+hidden+order

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=355212.msg10890931#msg10890931

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=365141.msg9566419#msg9566419

See also his entropy model for a stochastic momentum model.

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 10:24:34 PM

pm'd

Next day. I will sleep.

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 10:27:36 PM

Game over, Frap.doc.

"@oleganza: If Bitcoin was ever competing with Paypal or Visa, it would not even start. It competes with gold and central banks."

Thus Saith The LORD.  Amen!

of course not.  as long as you continue to constrain it to 1MB.

Cypherdoc is correct.

Nick Szabo and Oleg Andreev are both wrong. I don't care what their credentials are, in this matter they are not thinking clearly.

They are not incorrect about it won't run decentralized.

You missed the technical point. Start was referring to "won't run".

i'm pretty sure he meant "start competing".

Because you aren't a programmer. Szabo is.

first off, Szabo didn't tweet that.  Oleganza did.  the word "start" is juxtaposed btwn 2 forms of the word "compete".  it means "start competing".  

second, even a non-programmer such as myself realizes that Oleganza would never claim Bitcoin won't even "start running".  it IS running currently.  he would have said something like it can't "scale".

Oleg is a programmer too. Szabo retweeted it thus presumably agreeing with it.

At Visa scale it would not run decentralized any more. Meaning it would not run on their home computers any more.

I know what he meant because I think as a programmer does.

Programmers are precise and mean what they say. A period mean end this statement.

vokain
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2015, 10:27:58 PM
Last edit: June 07, 2015, 10:49:24 PM by vokain

Game over, Frap.doc.

Thus Saith The LORD.  Amen!

Cypherdoc is correct.

If Bitcoin does not compete with Paypal and Visa then it will NEVER compete with gold and central banks.

The reason is that physical presence matters. Gold is physical and has only two serious rival metals: platinum and silver. CB fiat is made physical by government power: legal tender for printed cash and debt-money backed by taxation and guns (although through incompetence, fiat is proving a failed experiment).

Bitcoin also has a physical presence: its ecosystem of users, companies, on-line services and large mining network. Take those away and it becomes just another Worldcoin, Yacoin, Litecoin or Auroracoin.

Bitcoin, the software can be copied many times, and its principles can be adapted in new ways e.g. NXT and Monero.

There is no scarcity for digital currency unless that scarcity is backed by a physical presence, an ecosystem.

Capping the Bitcoin network at 1MB blocks is an assumption that enough of an ecosystem has been established that this particular instance of digital currency cannot be overtaken by a larger ecosystem, a larger physical presence, by one of the alternatives. This is a huge assumption which is not viable because the Bitcoin ecosystem footprint in the world economy is miniscule. Only when volumes approach Visa-scale can people sit back and consider that Bitcoin is seriously competing with gold and central banks. Even then, it can't remain standing still.

How does velocity of money in gold and between central banks compare to the velocity of money with PayPal and Visa, either in volume or transactional bandwidth?
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 10:32:56 PM

There is no useful scarcity for a digital currency unless that scarcity is backed by a physical presence, an ecosystem.

Possibly correct but irrelevant because they said it won't start (won't run) on their home computers if you move to VISA scale.

But if it requires centralization to reach mass, then it won't compete with CBs any more as it will be controlled by the State.

Dilemma. Check mate. Failure. Bitcoin is fundamental flawed.

(you guys have very slow logic. I figured this out 100 pages back and you still haven't gotten the point)

explorer
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1259

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 10:36:57 PM

there you go again.

Martin Armstrong ' s  writing typically includes numerous spelling and grammatical errors that we don't see with Anonymint et AL.  MA'S speech and writing are patterned very much the same, while very unlike Anonymint's  consistent writing style.  I try not to stick my oar into this swirling pool of egos and  childish arguments but sometimes I guess I like to waste time too!
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 10:37:02 PM

pm'd

Next day. I will sleep.

i'm not interested in talking.  one quick glance to verify you're not Armstrong.
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 10:38:55 PM

pm'd

Next day. I will sleep.

i'm not interested in talking.  one quick glance to verify you're not Armstrong.

I don't have Skype installed at this location. I have to travel to other location.

cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 10:41:55 PM

There is no useful scarcity for a digital currency unless that scarcity is backed by a physical presence, an ecosystem.

Possibly correct but irrelevant because they said it won't start (won't run) on their home computers if you move to VISA scale.

But if it requires centralization to reach mass, then it won't compete with CBs any more as it will be controlled by the State.

Dilemma. Check mate. Failure. Bitcoin is fundamental flawed.

(you guys have very slow logic. I figured this out 100 pages back and you still haven't gotten the point)

you're still wrong.  both as a programmer stuck on "start" and with your economic assessment.
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 10:42:42 PM

pm'd

Next day. I will sleep.

I don't have Skype installed at this location. I have to travel to other location.

i call your bluff and now you can't deliver?
solex
Legendary

Activity: 1078

100 satoshis -> ISO code

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 10:45:27 PM

How does velocity of money in gold and between central banks compare to the velocity of money with PayPal and Visa, either in volume or transactional bandwidth?

I don't think that there is much day-to-day traffic in gold between central banks because that role was fully devolved to the US$ in 1971. So, in the modern era there is a split between SoV and payments, which didn't exist before the 20th Century.
Bitcoin is a difficult comparison because it straddles and rejoins the two domains: currency and payments, so while gold is primarily a SoV currency, Visa is 100% a payment system and contributes to the velocity in fiat. The potential for Bitcoin is phenomenal because it can usurp both domains if computing technology permits. This is probably only a question of time because computing tech is getting more powerful at a much faster rate than the world economy is growing.
Bitcoin is also interesting because for the first time there is a currency for which velocity can be exactly measured, as most of the time it is statistical guesswork.

They are not incorrect about it won't run decentralized.

The most important single feature of Bitcoin is its 21 million cap. Decentralization is the horse for this cart. The goal is to maintain the 21 million (preventing extra issuance and double-spending). Decentralization is the only way to be sure of this, compared to say, XRP, which could be upped at any time.
The solution to centralization concerns is to implement payment channels for node services, as Justus Ranvier has detailed, not to restrict volumes by pretending that Bitcoin is competing with gold only.

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 10:59:32 PM

pm'd

Next day. I will sleep.

I believe you are interested in constructing evidence to build some civil suit against me.

cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 11:01:41 PM

pm'd

Next day. I will sleep.

I believe you are interested in constructing evidence to build some civil suit against me.

lol, see i knew it.  all blow and no go.
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 11:06:26 PM

pm'd

Next day. I will sleep.

"i need to sleep", whimper, whimper.  "i need to travel to another location", whimper, whimper.

ROFLMAO! Cheesy  what a jackass.
Pages: « 1 ... 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 [1295] 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 ... 1557 »
  Print  

Jump to: