Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 02:00:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 [391] 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 ... 2191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation  (Read 3312366 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
thefunkybits
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 01:19:52 PM

Big dump is incomming  Wink

You made right call. Indeed we had a dump.
Do you think we are seeing 0.0019 soon? If yes, when do you think it will happen?

do you know what a breakout is?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
slap

Activity: 564
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 01:40:39 PM

TC are you from Finland? Is this you?
http://youtu.be/kemQBxMA4U8
dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 01:45:22 PM

TC are you from Finland? Is this you?
http://youtu.be/kemQBxMA4U8

Your link isn't working properly or atleast here it isn't.

Direct link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kemQBxMA4U8&feature=youtu.be

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
DaveyJones

Activity: 768
Merit: 505

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 01:47:33 PM

Big dump is incomming  Wink

You made right call. Indeed we had a dump.
Do you think we are seeing 0.0019 soon? If yes, when do you think it will happen?

via Imgflip Meme Maker
Domian

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 01:52:32 PM

We are heavily overbought!!
Everyone that still buy this coin at 0.0024 Is a total idiot
slap

Activity: 564
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 01:56:29 PM

wow that 'slap-pic' looks like an avatar which suits me well Cheesy

@dEBRUYNE
thanks, although my link works for me

@domian
dont think so, RSI around 50. Care to elaborate?

OT
imho xmr needs to get more attention from the main stream public,
nice for us while we are early adopters, but wealth has to distrubited eaqually amongst humanity
(everybody has to have the chance to buy in low),
otherwise there will be a small amount of people who have large amount of xmr (wealth)
which will be not in favor of mass-adoption. The main stream public will think "no way I will join the xmr boat, others paid less, thats not fair'. That will prevent any further adoption.
Does this make sense?
hodlmybtc

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2015, 02:00:07 PM

I don't understand this haste in pumping the price up. It's cool if we go to 0.0043 or beyond. But it is equally cool if we go to 0.0015. The latter would be even cooler regarding my activities, but for the same reason, I believe we will see the former first.

Cool

Weren't you the one who was pretty hasty in buying 0.0027 coins? Grin

I'm setting up a buy order near that price when my deposit hits Poloniex, feel free to dump in to it.
hodlmybtc

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2015, 02:03:39 PM

sold all of my xmr.

thanks for the pump guys Wink

Price on the date you sold 0.0021.

Explains a lot   Cheesy

You may get a chance to buy back at that price though. If you're very lucky.

Good find dreamspark, also nice buy at 235, although it seems not that many coins could be bought there and I'm glad I had bids filled in the 240 range.
rpietila
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 02:22:27 PM

I don't understand this haste in pumping the price up. It's cool if we go to 0.0043 or beyond. But it is equally cool if we go to 0.0015. The latter would be even cooler regarding my activities, but for the same reason, I believe we will see the former first.

Cool

I think this "calling your prediction/weren't you the one..." stuff is stupid because when people post, they want to convey some other information except absolute certainty of future price development. If they want to convey absolute certainty, it is only possible using probability matrices and who wants the read them...?

As for what I think, during the last week I have been both buying and selling XMR in the 0.0027 range and I think it is a great buy zone for those who are underweight, including everybody who does not have any. It might have been a sell zone for daytraders but now we are past it, and next time we hit it, I don't encourage anyone to sell because the possibility of "not looking back" is high.

Even if I say I am buying or selling, or ask someone to buy/sell to me, chances are that I am handling some client stuff, because I have so many of them.

TL;DR: Nothing I say should be construed as trading advice, and historical performance is not a proof of future returns (said when sitting in the Conference Hall of my castle (135 square meters), drinking Campari Soda).

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
BitcoinForumator
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 02:22:32 PM

I believe Monero has the potential to disrupt the cryptocurrency world itself.

No, that role falls to AEON Cheesy

Sure thing because Monero just isn't as smooth as Aeon Smiley
aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 02:25:28 PM
Last edit: August 09, 2015, 02:40:19 PM by aminorex

right now i am more interested in fiat to btc conversion on the eth dumping price discount opportunity.  I will convert some more btc to xmr later, and price won't play a huge role in that, just a minor one. I tend to think the xmrusd chart is better for longer range technical analysis these days.

Regarding Fibonacci, the strength of resistance/support is notionally proportionate to the volume moving at the base, so put the base at the highest volume turning in your swing trade timescale.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
aminorex
Legendary

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 02:27:05 PM

probability matrices and who wants the read them...?
...umm.  Me?

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
aminorex
Legendary

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 02:33:46 PM

Hash rate is rising a lot.  More expensive to mine. 

hodlmybtc

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2015, 03:00:28 PM

Cool

I think this "calling your prediction/weren't you the one..." stuff is stupid because when people post, they want to convey some other information except absolute certainty of future price development. If they want to convey absolute certainty, it is only possible using probability matrices and who wants the read them...?

As for what I think, during the last week I have been both buying and selling XMR in the 0.0027 range and I think it is a great buy zone for those who are underweight, including everybody who does not have any. It might have been a sell zone for daytraders but now we are past it, and next time we hit it, I don't encourage anyone to sell because the possibility of "not looking back" is high.

Even if I say I am buying or selling, or ask someone to buy/sell to me, chances are that I am handling some client stuff, because I have so many of them.

TL;DR: Nothing I say should be construed as trading advice, and historical performance is not a proof of future returns (said when sitting in the Conference Hall of my castle (135 square meters), drinking Campari Soda).

Was just kidding with you haha

For potential buyers: when we're approaching 0.0027 again and someone wants to buy ~5k coins or MAYBE 10k MAX without slippage (less or none if there is enough demand to push it a good bit above that ofcourse) around that price let me know or post here.

I have a pretty sizeable margin long (for me) that I will probably close in total before I go on vacation in 2 weeks so I'll try to close parts of it before that on the way up.

Not touching my normal coins hopefully for a long time.
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 03:08:14 PM

Looks like we are rising.
For me it is okay - I sold over 14 k xmr and all of them were bought with margin so anyway I should have sold them at some point.
My own coins (+ btc profits from the trade above) are still there and waiting for higher prices.

If the price goes down, I will buy more - otherwise I'll let Risto to buy the coins.
camu6

Activity: 158
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 03:38:17 PM

For potential buyers: when we're approaching 0.0027 again and someone wants to buy ~5k coins or MAYBE 10k MAX without slippage (less or none if there is enough demand to push it a good bit above that ofcourse) around that price let me know or post here.

I have a pretty sizeable margin long (for me) that I will probably close in total before I go on vacation in 2 weeks so I'll try to close parts of it before that on the way up.

I'm a bit puzzled here. Let's say I'd be an interested buyer, here are my thoughts:

First of all, your offer would make alot more sense if it were actual coins for a private (non exchange) trade, but not margin coins.

You give us a more or less specific estimate of the date you want to be out of your position and at what price you want to sell a chunk of it.

So if the price goes to or past your ~ 0.0027 price you can sell them by putting them on the books while providing liquidity. If the price does not go to or past your price point, you are going to sell lower or hold your position longer than planned because your desired price point of selling was not met in the 2 weeks period.

So you are basically trying to sell a portion of your long at a higher price than the one now, while providing an argument for a potential buyer to wait for you to meet your deadline at the same time.

Good chance I am dead on wrong here, but for me it either makes no sense or is a next level FUD attempt to serve some other purpose than selling XMR.

Please correct me if I am wrong, maybe my thought process was just too complicated.

Edit: some grammar I made probably even more wrong than in my fist attempt.
hodlmybtc

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2015, 03:48:17 PM

I'm a bit puzzled here. Let's say I'd be an interested buyer, here are my thoughts:

First of all, your offer would make alot more sense if it were actual coins for a private (non exchange) trade, but not margin coins.

You give us a more or less specific estimate of the date you want to be out of your position and at what price you want to sell a chunk of it.

So if the price goes to or past your ~ 0.0027 price you can sell them by putting them on the books while providing liquidity. If the price does not go to or past your price point, you are going to sell lower or hold your position longer than planned because your price point of selling is not yet met.

So you are basically trying to sell a portion of your long at a higher price than the one now, while providing an argument for a potential buyer to wait for you to meet your deadline at the same time.

Good chance I am dead on wrong here, but for me it either makes no sense or is a next level FUD attempt to serve some other purpose.

Please correct me if I am wrong, maybe my thought process was just too complicated.

If someone wants to buy coins with no slippage it doesn't matter if it's non-margin coins vs. margin coins.

I said that I will probably close my long before but it all depends on the market conditions, also I might not sell a thing <0.0027 which seems more and more likely now, to me it seems there is a decent chance we will see new highs for this rally today/tomorrow.

Most of the resistance is already cleared on the way up so I wouldn't be suprised to see us hitting the next resistance at 0.003 the coming days.

Buyers can buy now all they want, I don't care, I'm buying here too, I just know that there are people who like to wait until more up is somewhat confirmed and then start to buy, let's say we break 0.00275 today/tomorrow and there isn't much for sale around there, I can sell a bit to them there to lock in profits and they can buy without slippage while more up is somewhat confirmed.

Also I can handle leaving the position open while on vacation as my liquidation price is below the all time low and I can live with the lending costs so far.

It's just for peace of mind to not have a margin position open while away.

Edit: 10k coins available to buy at spot, not mine.
camu6

Activity: 158

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 04:02:07 PM

So if the price goes to or past your ~ 0.0027 price you can sell them by putting them on the books while providing liquidity. If the price does not go to or past your price point, you are going to sell lower or hold your position longer than planned because your price point of selling is not yet met.

Good chance I am dead on wrong here, but for me it either makes no sense or is a next level FUD attempt to serve some other purpose.

If someone wants to buy coins with no slippage it doesn't matter if it's non-margin coins vs. margin coins.

I said that I will probably close my long before but it all depends on the market conditions, also I might not sell a thing <0.0027 which seems more and more likely now, to me it seems there is a decent chance we will see new highs for this rally today/tomorrow.

Most of the resistance is already cleared on the way up so I wouldn't be suprised to see us hitting the next resistance at 0.003 the coming days.

Buyers can buy now all they want, I don't care, I'm buying here too, I just know that there are people who like to wait until more up is somewhat confirmed and then start to buy, let's say we break 0.00275 today/tomorrow and there isn't much for sale around there, I can sell a bit to them there to lock in profits and they can buy without slippage while more up is somewhat confirmed.

Also I can handle leaving the position open while on vacation as my liquidation price is below the all time low and I can live with the lending costs so far.

I just thought there is a bigger chance of acutally selling it by just putting it on the books, because it has to be sold on the books anyways (while providing liquidity).

Right move on the second highlight, holidays need to be holidays all the way Smiley
hodlmybtc

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2015, 04:05:46 PM

I just thought there is a bigger chance of acutally selling it by just putting it on the books, because it has to be sold on the books anyways (while providing liquidity).

Right move on the second highlight, holidays need to be holidays all the way Smiley

Ofcourse I can put it on the books in a second, I'm waiting to see how the market reacts on the way up then choose what to do.
XMRChina

Activity: 122

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 04:22:29 PM

I think everyone can guess my long term sentiment towards Monero:)

Short term I don't recommend anyone use margin to speculate in either direction. There is a lot of BTC moving around right now, partially because of Ethereum.  Volatility may remain high and Poloniex still does not disclose the amount of open margin loans
Pages: « 1 ... 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 [391] 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 ... 2191 »
  Print  

Jump to: