Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:24:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 [363] 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 ... 2191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation  (Read 3312366 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
americanpegasus

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 10:59:42 PM

3 day MACD turning green, the last time that happened was at the all time low, also 1 day EMA cross up, riding the daily upper bband and both bbands expanding.

*Slowly moving my BTC to Poloniex*

The perfect storm, let's go! The 0.0026 wall will move or get eaten for sure.

Guess it moved to .0032.

Markets are a poker game where anyone can fold their bet anytime before someone calls it. 

Imagine if in poker you could bet whatever you want, and then say *sike* really fast if someone started to call you. 

Markets are a damnable game.

Account is back under control of the real AmericanPegasus.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2015, 12:14:07 AM

Dash is dying a slow death.

Dash is dying faster today:

ATTN: There has been a hack or an exit scam is being pulled on the 2nd largest black market onion site. DASH related because it is the largest site of its kind to accept DASH. A couple thousand BTC stolen, but no info on if the attackers/admin bothered to steal the DASH or the LTC with the BTC, could be some dumps if they did.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DarkNetMarkets/comments/3dzge5/nucleus_megathread_all_discussion_to_take_place/

This is the problem with proof of stake.  Any heist of a large number of coins is equivalent to an adversary controlling large amounts of hashing power, only without the massive trouble and expense of running an ASIC mine.

Remember all the trouble it caused last summer, when a bunch of NXT and Vericoin were stolen?  They never recovered...

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
americanpegasus

Activity: 770

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 01:11:35 AM

In case any of you are hoping Monero will make you rich so you can live a glamorous and different life, think again.  

Look at risto, he made millions off of bitcoin and bought a castle.  What does this visionary do with his spare time now that he's rich and (semi) famous?  

Posts all the time on the Internet about cryptocurrency, just like the rest of us.   Wink

See?  In a way, you're *already* rich.   Grin  

Please have a plan in mind other than just being rich and living happily ever after.  Also, practice saying 'No' a lot, because you're gonna have to say it a lot soon to many who would fleece you.  

Also, make sure you get a good prenup going into any relationship that states she/(he?) forfeits any right to your cryptocurrency savings...  Unless you want to be the next "billion dollar divorce".

Account is back under control of the real AmericanPegasus.
vokain
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2015, 01:15:05 AM

In case any of you are hoping Monero will make you rich so you can live a glamorous and different life, think again.  

Look at risto, he made millions off of bitcoin and bought a castle.  What does this visionary do with his spare time now that he's rich and (semi) famous?  

Posts all the time on the Internet about cryptocurrency, just like the rest of us.   Wink

Please have a plan in mind other than just being rich and living happily ever after.  Also, practice saying 'No' a lot, because you're gonna have to say it a lot soon to many who would fleece you.  

Also, make sure you get a good prenup going into any relationship that states she/(he?) forfeits any right to your cryptocurrency savings...  Unless you want to be the next "billion dollar divorce".

Wouldn't the opposing party have to prove your ownership of said cryptocurrency savings first?
futureofbitcoin

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 01:20:10 AM

No. I will not follow your advice.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2015, 01:49:09 AM

I'm not satisfied with being 'average first world' guy rich, castle or no.  Although I must admit it is very pleasant!

I want to finance Big Science, to further the transhumanist goals of FTL travel, extended lifespans, and space colonization.

IOW, given Satoshi's trillions I'd fund an array of deep-space telescopes positioned around the heliosphere...for starters.   Cool

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
GingerAle
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2015, 02:01:05 AM

I'm not satisfied with being 'average first world' guy rich, castle or no.  Although I must admit it is very pleasant!

I want to finance Big Science, to further the transhumanist goals of FTL travel, extended lifespans, and space colonization.

IOW, given Satoshi's trillions I'd fund an array of deep-space telescopes positioned around the heliosphere...for starters.   Cool

Sweet! Another space cadet! You're like the 3rd monerian to turn out to be pro-space. Once we shoot to the moon, I know what needs to be done to get us established in the stars. It'll require lots of money, but we'll have it! So I speculate that Monero will one day be used to fund colonization of Mars and will subsequently be the first interplanetary blockchain.

oh yes, and good work on the price, Mr. Market. As always, I speculate bananas.

< Track your bitcoins! > < Track them again! > <<< [url=https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1qomqt/what_a_landmark_legal_case_from_mid1700s_scotland/] What is fungibility? >>> 46P88uZ4edEgsk7iKQUGu2FUDYcdHm2HtLFiGLp1inG4e4f9PTb4mbHWYWFZGYUeQidJ8hFym2WUmWc p34X8HHmFS2LXJkf <<< Free subdomains at moneroworld.com!! >>> <<< If you don't want to run your own node, point your wallet to node.moneroworld.com, and get connected to a random node! @@@@ FUCK ALL THE PROFITEERS! PROOF OF WORK OR ITS A SCAM !!! @@@@
futureofbitcoin

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 02:27:44 AM

Sweet! Another space cadet! You're like the 3rd monerian to turn out to be pro-space. Once we shoot to the moon, I know what needs to be done to get us established in the stars. It'll require lots of money, but we'll have it! So I speculate that Monero will one day be used to fund colonization of Mars and will subsequently be the first interplanetary blockchain.

The moon is not very interesting, as we've already been there a few times, and survival on the moon is quite different from mars and other planets. There are already plans like Mars One to go to Mars, coupled with Elon Musks' Space X which is also aiming for Mars...

It probably makes more sense to just go straight for a Martian colony, and possibly some asteroid colonies for asteroid mining.
GingerAle
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2015, 02:52:20 AM

lulz, my moon reference was "monero will go to the moon!", not colonization. Yeah, moon colonization is, IMO, pointless.

but back on track.

I speculate that Moneromoos funding will be complete in a week

https://forum.getmonero.org/8/funding-required/334/fund-a-developer-moneromoo-will-work-part-time-on-monero-for-260-hours-over-approx-6-months

< Track your bitcoins! > < Track them again! > <<< [url=https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1qomqt/what_a_landmark_legal_case_from_mid1700s_scotland/] What is fungibility? >>> 46P88uZ4edEgsk7iKQUGu2FUDYcdHm2HtLFiGLp1inG4e4f9PTb4mbHWYWFZGYUeQidJ8hFym2WUmWc p34X8HHmFS2LXJkf <<< Free subdomains at moneroworld.com!! >>> <<< If you don't want to run your own node, point your wallet to node.moneroworld.com, and get connected to a random node! @@@@ FUCK ALL THE PROFITEERS! PROOF OF WORK OR ITS A SCAM !!! @@@@
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2015, 03:14:07 AM

given Satoshi's trillions I'd fund an array of deep-space telescopes positioned around the heliosphere...for starters.   Cool

The moon is not very interesting, as we've already been there a few times, and survival on the moon is quite different from mars and other planets. There are already plans like Mars One to go to Mars, coupled with Elon Musks' Space X which is also aiming for Mars...

It probably makes more sense to just go straight for a Martian colony, and possibly some asteroid colonies for asteroid mining.

The Moon is an important baby step in terms of helium-3, psychology, and gravity wells.  Mars is still very ambitious, given the unsolved problem of inauspicious interaction between cosmic rays/solar wind and teleomeres.  (Which, by happy coincidence, is likewise a major obstacle to extended lifespans.)

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4891

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 03:15:25 AM

I'm of the opinion that we need to learn how to terraform our own planet before we waste the resources on going to others. Not to mention the fact we need to overcome the hurdle of the cost of putting mass into space. What ever happened with that elevator Idea?

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
Johnny Mnemonic

Activity: 795
Merit: 514

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 03:56:48 AM

I'm of the opinion that we need to learn how to terraform our own planet before we waste the resources on going to others. Not to mention the fact we need to overcome the hurdle of the cost of putting mass into space. What ever happened with that elevator Idea?

The answer is rail guns. It would be nice to just "throw" shit into orbit instead of constantly having to build rockets  Grin
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2015, 04:01:40 AM

AFAIK, the elevator was dependent on nanotube development. Though, if you have a small mining operation in space, you could use the resources that you are mining to expand the mining operation indefinitely--this may be a good application of drones and 3-d printers--so becomes a question of getting enough resources into space for the first operation; from there you can keep expanding.

OT, so I'll say those drones will use monero to transact their energy cost from one drone to another <---square'd hole, round peg.

futureofbitcoin

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 05:01:59 AM

Bad idea. There are any number of risks involved in a species having only a single planet. And although having 2 planets in the same solar system so close to each other is only marginally better, it is very important.

It is extremely hard to fully control the Earth's environment; because the law of diminishing returns pretty much exists in everything. I figure we could potentially be able to travel beyond the solar system to other star systems (at least with robots) before we can fully control the Earth. It's just too difficult.

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2015, 05:16:51 AM
Last edit: July 22, 2015, 08:30:03 AM by iCEBREAKER

The answer is rail guns. It would be nice to just "throw" shit into orbit instead of constantly having to build rockets  Grin

Problem is that such rail guns also, from a strategic POV, emulate ICBMs.

So we can't have those floating around, until we can all get along.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 06:51:37 AM
Last edit: July 22, 2015, 01:28:21 PM by TrueCryptonaire

Guys, Monero is still cheap. The first real battle will be around 0.0027 IMO. Some fighting might occur in the lower peak (which was caused by Warz' pump earlier). However, I am not expecting much fight on the latter peak. Perhaps a small training boxing match...?
I think the price is still pretty low especially if we take into account the fact that the emission is really draining. Before the minimum block reward hits, there is only approximately 100 % of the coins to be mined. It is not that much really. These actually might be the last moments we are able to get Moneros at low 0.002's. Last time Monero established around 0.001, this time it established around 0.0019. Next establishment most likely will not be around the current prices.

EDIT: BTW, there is an arbitrage opportunity between hitbtc and Polo. I do not exploit it but if someone is interested and trusts on both exchanges, feel free to take a few "free coins".

EDIT 2: When it comes to trolling Monero on btct, I guess those people might actually see the project as the most promising and they try to speak the price down. However, it looks like Monero holds pretty well and if I am not mistaken, it wants to rise from here. I wouldn't be surprised if we see new ATH (at least btcwise) especially if Risto's Monero fund starts.
It can reach a marketcap of bitcoin or even more if Monero is able to launch a few funds that are traded publically. That brings some serious money on the table, IMO.
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4891

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 07:40:41 PM

Damn Didn't notice this was in the speculation thread, moved to main thread. Smiley

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 07:49:02 PM

EDIT: BTW, there is an arbitrage opportunity between hitbtc and Polo. I do not exploit it but if someone is interested and trusts on both exchanges, feel free to take a few "free coins".

I scooped up a good little percent or two of my stash playing Arbitrage at HitBTC<->Poloniex.

But I had so many problems with withdrawals I finally quit doing business there.

I don't know if it is any better now.
hodlmybtc

Activity: 700

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2015, 08:01:09 PM

I scooped up a good little percent or two of my stash playing Arbitrage at HitBTC<->Poloniex.

But I had so many problems with withdrawals I finally quit doing business there.

Yeah I don't trust them either, seems a lot of people have fiat on there that isn't withdrawable.

I bet a lot of people thought they could sell their BTC at a high price there and are now stuck.
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 08:19:32 PM

Nice to hear that you made some coins.
Now looks like the best way to buy Moneros is to waite a dumps or flash crashes.
The market is pretty dry above 0.002 so if one wants to get coins cheaply a good way to actually get a few (in this strategy you get perhaps a few hundred per day only) is to put a buy order(s) around 2 % below the spot and take the flashcrashes and also it gives markets to Monero.
Selling...? I think now it is not time to sell any coins as the uptrend seems to be pretty early and immature.

What I've noticed from the forum (trolling and bashing) and also Polo trollbox that pretty many are Monero bears immediately it starts to rise.  Grin Which is a good sign since you need just enough bears to trigger bigger buys - however, I think they are not convinced yet this is an uptrend.
The longer it takes to realize a bull trend the higher is the opportunity cost. And in bull markets the opportunity cost tends to grow each day you live in ignorance.
Pages: « 1 ... 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 [363] 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 ... 2191 »
  Print  

Jump to: