Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:19:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 [402] 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 ... 2191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation  (Read 3312366 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
kenji

Activity: 448
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 06:56:46 PM
Last edit: August 14, 2015, 07:16:03 PM by kenji

i am the only guy who think monero is pretty overbought at the moment?

i will wait for  0.0016-0.0017 prices

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MoneroMooo
Legendary

Activity: 1276
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 07:12:12 PM

i am the only guy that think monero is pretty overbought at the moment?

No, you're not the only one.

mrkavaski too
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2015, 07:25:39 PM

i am the only guy that think monero is pretty overbought at the moment?

No, you're not the only one.

mrkavaski too

lol

Vanderi

Activity: 283
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 07:51:09 PM

So, "fake" walls can become real walls if the strategy is formulated as:
"I will buy it back if I get at least 10% cheaper, if not, it will be a permanent partial cash out of my long term position."

This strategy gives you peace of mind when operating large fake walls.

I wonder why I know it  Roll Eyes

Now would be a good time to start buying so eth traders take notice... 

In my opinion he is waiting to dump. Always good strategy with XMR.

just ask him you goddamned muppet
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2015, 10:57:34 PM

I have a feeling cryptsy are kicking themselves for not adding XMR sooner. Since Polo was the only exchange they have gained a lot of market share in the space. I can almost guarantee that ETH wouldn't have had 5000 BTC volume if Cryptsy added XMR earlier. The cryptsy team has let Polo gain too much market share and now they (maybe) have to try and make up for it

If sheer developer incompetence isn't responsible, I have a feeling CrapSea takes bribes from Dash and/or other shitcoins to keep XMR away.

Too bad, look at the 11,000+ BTC volume on ETH today.   Shocked  Go Polo go!

Suck it CrapSea.  You've had an entire fucking year to add XMR, and still blew your chance.   Cheesy

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 06:14:25 AM

I think it is unwise to taunt cryptsy for  being a little late to the Monero party.  Whether you like them or not they are a serious player in the altcoin scene.  I for one am thankful they have decided (evidently)to finally add Monero.  I will trade there in appreciation of their coming on board.  And I'd urge you to stay classy.

As to eth.

What a boon for our beloved little Monero.   That we are the number TWO coin at Poloniex is actually a positive thing at least for a while.    I think we are seeing lots of new blood at Poloniex because of eth, and some of those new folks will look at the other major coin at the exchange.   This is not spin.  It's just a blessing in disguise.

vokain
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2015, 06:52:58 AM

Once there was a Chinese farmer who worked his poor farm together with his son and their horse. When the horse ran off one day, neighbors came to say, “How unfortunate for you!” The farmer replied, “Maybe yes, maybe no.”

When the horse returned, followed by a herd of wild horses, the neighbors gathered around and exclaimed, “What good luck for you!” The farmer stayed calm and replied, “Maybe yes, maybe no.”

While trying to tame one of wild horses, the farmer’s son fell, and broke his leg. He had to rest up and couldn’t help with the farm chores. “How sad for you,” the neighbors cried. “Maybe yes, maybe no,” said the farmer.

Shortly thereafter, a neighboring army threatened the farmer’s village. All the young men in the village were drafted to fight the invaders. Many died. But the farmer’s son had been left out of the fighting because of his broken leg. People said to the farmer, “What a good thing your son couldn’t fight!” “Maybe yes, maybe no,” was all the farmer said.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2015, 07:13:13 AM

I think it is unwise to taunt cryptsy for  being a little late to the Monero party.  Whether you like them or not they are a serious player in the altcoin scene.  I for one am thankful they have decided (evidently)to finally add Monero.  I will trade there in appreciation of their coming on board.  And I'd urge you to stay classy.

BTC-E is "a serious player in the altcoin scene."  CrapSea is only a serious player in the shitcoin alt-scam scene, and now it's too late to change that.

Was CrapSea accepting bribes for a year to add Monero while doing nothing "classy?"

We do not forgive.  We do not forget.  We are Mustangs.  Expect us.   Cool

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2015, 07:15:40 AM

Once there was a Chinese farmer who worked his poor farm together with his son and their horse. When the horse ran off one day, neighbors came to say, “How unfortunate for you!” The farmer replied, “Maybe yes, maybe no.”

When the horse returned, followed by a herd of wild horses, the neighbors gathered around and exclaimed, “What good luck for you!” The farmer stayed calm and replied, “Maybe yes, maybe no.”

While trying to tame one of wild horses, the farmer’s son fell, and broke his leg. He had to rest up and couldn’t help with the farm chores. “How sad for you,” the neighbors cried. “Maybe yes, maybe no,” said the farmer.

Shortly thereafter, a neighboring army threatened the farmer’s village. All the young men in the village were drafted to fight the invaders. Many died. But the farmer’s son had been left out of the fighting because of his broken leg. People said to the farmer, “What a good thing your son couldn’t fight!” “Maybe yes, maybe no,” was all the farmer said.

I've heard that one before...but TIL why everyone thinks Taoists (and Kabbalic Semites) are such smug assholes.   Grin

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
vokain
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2015, 08:10:52 AM
Last edit: August 15, 2015, 03:17:25 PM by vokain

I've heard that one before...but TIL why everyone thinks Taoists (and Kabbalic Semites) are such smug assholes.   Grin

Would greater value invite greater incentive to steal said value?

Does ETH's magnitude-higher volume suggest a greater amount of crypto held in hot wallets?
idk, maybe it could turn out that some ETH hack too soon causes Poloniex to fold under excessive liability (unlikely, I know, but could the possibility exist?)

Also, could sophisticated finance that is more likely accompanying ETH trading leak into XMR trading and usurp control of the market, skimming outsider traders?

I have no idea.

Edit: Here's a maybe more tangibly plausible scenario. Could sudden increase in ETH traders increase overhead costs like account verification, support, etc. to cause an increase in fees to pay for overhead (if overhead costs from a flux of new accounts is greater than what current volumes and the fee schedule can provide)?

Another: could increase in workload from ETH overstress Tristan too much to the point of detriment? I suggest this because I just talked to him yesterday and he mentioned he's been insanely busy. I wished him that everyday is a day closer to an autonomous Poloniex.
americanpegasus

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 08:51:00 AM

(wisdom)

Wow, I am constantly amazed at the wisdom of Chinese proverbs.  I think candle charts even arose in the far east.

Account is back under control of the real AmericanPegasus.
onemorexmr

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 09:03:59 AM

IMHO atm we see TC and risto playing with each other

TC seems to have a margin buy order (14k again Wink) and most bids seems to be from risto's market making bot.

very interesting atm Wink

XMR || Monero || monerodice.net || xmr.to || mymonero.com || openalias.org || you think bitcoin is fungible? watch this
dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 10:47:30 AM

TC seems to have a margin buy order (14k again Wink) and most bids seems to be from risto's market making bot.

Assuming there are only two players in this market is a bit short sighted to be honest. That buy was nice though and bid support is also strengthening, perhaps we found a nice (local) bottom at 0.002051 afterall.

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
rpietila
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 11:00:36 AM

Assuming there are only two players in this market is a bit short sighted to be honest. That buy was nice though and bid support is also strengthening, perhaps we found a nice (local) bottom at 0.002051 afterall.

The previous upwards channel before the breakout is currently about 208k-227k. So some softness is possible if we bounce back up from the channel upper range. Going back to the lower range would nullify the breakout but not violate the uptrend.

Fibonacci gives from the beginning of the uptrend in 177k, the values of 213k (full 2. order retracement), 224k (50% retracement), 235k (bullish 38.2% retracement).

Fibonaccis can be counted from any starting value, making them difficult to use properly.

- Anyway, I would say if the current 235k bottom remains for 24 hours, it spells immediate upside.

- If we get a new bottom in 225k range, it is also very positive sign.

- If we grind/flashcrash down to about 210k, it is also positive, but will serve as a reminder to the people who bought too high and TC will be happy...

- Going below 205k is bearish but personally I won't that much care. Happy to get more cheaply.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 11:07:35 AM

The previous upwards channel before the breakout is currently about 208k-227k. So some softness is possible if we bounce back up from the channel upper range. Going back to the lower range would nullify the breakout but not violate the uptrend.

Fibonacci gives from the beginning of the uptrend in 177k, the values of 213k (full 2. order retracement), 224k (50% retracement), 235k (bullish 38.2% retracement).

Fibonaccis can be counted from any starting value, making them difficult to use properly.

- Anyway, I would say if the current 235k bottom remains for 24 hours, it spells immediate upside.

- If we get a new bottom in 225k range, it is also very positive sign.

- If we grind/flashcrash down to about 210k, it is also positive, but will serve as a reminder to the people who bought too high and TC will be happy...

- Going below 205k is bearish but personally I won't that much care. Happy to get more cheaply.

You were once again on point sir! Also, I would like to add that the candle with the crash to 0.002051 closed above 0.0021, so it doesn't really invalidate the trendline (dreamspark stated this before as well if I recall correctly).

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
dreamspark

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 11:25:41 AM

Yeah the analysis has been pretty spot on in general, I didn't get to buy much right down on the lower trendline as I had most my bids at .0022-.00235 as I stated when I thought it was toppy around 0.0026 ish. Remember .00235 ish was the 61.8 fib. At least where I thought the fib was most appropriate (one problem with fibs as its very subjective as to where they run to and from mine was from 0.00205 on aug 3rd as that where the big move really started). For me then this was a 100% retracement which I admit I wasn't expecting. I definately think the ETH hype aided in the size of the retracement though.

For now then Im obviously just waiting to see if we make new highs otherwise this could be considered a fakeout and could show a double top from the mid may 0.0026 highs.

Bassica

Activity: 283

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 12:07:08 PM

So, next up 32!?
aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 12:17:54 PM

So, next up 32!?
sounds legit.  could take a while.  or a whale. in the near term i expect to do a lot better on spx derivatives (weakly bearish) and wheat (moderately bullish).  i seem to be magic lately.  time to reduce risk, therefore.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 12:48:14 PM

BTC-E is "a serious player in the altcoin scene."  CrapSea is only a serious player in the shitcoin alt-scam scene, and now it's too late to change that.

Was CrapSea accepting bribes for a year to add Monero while doing nothing "classy?"

We do not forgive.  We do not forget.  We are Mustangs.  Expect us.   Cool

I agree Monero on btce is ii tremendous goal.   But the more the merrier really. Being on cryptsy will increase moneros exposure.  This is a good thing.
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4891

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 06:07:45 PM

As to eth.

What a boon for our beloved little Monero.   That we are the number TWO coin at Poloniex is actually a positive thing at least for a while.    I think we are seeing lots of new blood at Poloniex because of eth, and some of those new folks will look at the other major coin at the exchange.   This is not spin.  It's just a blessing in disguise.

FUCK CRAPTSY! They can suck my ball sweat. I watched them manipulate deposits and withdrawals while they used those coins to P&D. anyone that wants in on that shit site is either already all in and looking to dump at a profit or is ill informed.

That whole crew is a bunch of theifs, a shitstain on this scene.

Maybe I should say what I really feel?

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
Pages: « 1 ... 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 [402] 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 ... 2191 »
  Print  

Jump to: