Bitcoin Forum
August 25, 2024, 01:24:32 PM *
News: All versions of Windows are affected by a critical security bug; make sure you update.

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 [434] 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 ... 2192 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation  (Read 3312784 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 03:10:49 PM

in 3-4 weeks time a cup (from cup n handle) pattern has emerged which will (at the end of october) result a violent lift off into the 80's as the market tries to figure out the correct value/price of a moneroj.

/quasimodo

I agree that there will be a violent  break up around the corner. The front running makes it sure actually that it is going to happen soon. I prepared today by buying over 8 k more Moneros and later in the evening I am going to buy some more unless you guys have not acted before me.
macsga
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1002

Strange, yet attractive.

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 03:22:47 PM

in 3-4 weeks time a cup (from cup n handle) pattern has emerged which will (at the end of october) result a violent lift off into the 80's as the market tries to figure out the correct value/price of a moneroj.

/quasimodo

I agree that there will be a violent  break up around the corner. The front running makes it sure actually that it is going to happen soon. I prepared today by buying over 8 k more Moneros and later in the evening I am going to buy some more unless you guys have not acted before me.

I'm nowhere near your capacity, but I managed to buy a small portion at the area of 0.0022-0.0020. I finally made it to have a nice number of XMR. Again, this is what I'd call "as much as I don't care to have if it goes to 0, and as much I won't blame myself for not buying more, if it goes 1:1 with BTC". Let's hope it gets there! Smiley

Chaos could be a form of intelligence we cannot yet understand its complexity.
medusa13

Activity: 453
Merit: 500

hello world

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 04:58:44 PM

I agree that there will be a violent  break up around the corner. The front running makes it sure actually that it is going to happen soon. I prepared today by buying over 8 k more Moneros and later in the evening I am going to buy some more unless you guys have not acted before me.
think this was a very good buy!
bought a little bit too yesterday but i really need to control myself to keep my fiat together now that i have some. i dont know if chances are good for much cheaper xmr prices, but i do think we will soon see cheaper btc prices. so if xmr does not go up the same equivalent i will buy some too ofc  Smiley

is it allready time to bring the big cannons out? it is still open if a new bubble on polo is possible or if big part of the old cliental is still missing. xmr folks are not really the people that register with their passport to trade xmr arent they?

can only talk about myself but i will never register there with my passport, so no  big amounts for me. i am definetely not the only one otherwise the orderbook wouldn't look like it does.
so after all its not sure yet what to expect from the bids in the near future. maybe price will go up but without the needed depth on the bid side it wont last long.

XMR Monero
SmoothCurves

Activity: 379
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 05:43:34 PM

/quasimodo

I agree that there will be a violent  break up around the corner. The front running makes it sure actually that it is going to happen soon. I prepared today by buying over 8 k more Moneros and later in the evening I am going to buy some more unless you guys have not acted before me.

8K Moneros? Damn, Baller!
hodlmybtc

Activity: 700

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2015, 07:47:25 PM

Got filled at 196k Grin

Daily:

Near the bottom of the channel, MACD cross, let's see if this time it will break the horizontal resistance at 220k.

Bid side getting stronger, above 200 BTC in bids now, ask side is thinning to around 300k XMR and lowering.

think this was a very good buy!
bought a little bit too yesterday but i really need to control myself to keep my fiat together now that i have some. i dont know if chances are good for much cheaper xmr prices, but i do think we will soon see cheaper btc prices. so if xmr does not go up the same equivalent i will buy some too ofc  Smiley

is it allready time to bring the big cannons out? it is still open if a new bubble on polo is possible or if big part of the old cliental is still missing. xmr folks are not really the people that register with their passport to trade xmr arent they?

can only talk about myself but i will never register there with my passport, so no  big amounts for me. i am definetely not the only one otherwise the orderbook wouldn't look like it does.
so after all its not sure yet what to expect from the bids in the near future. maybe price will go up but without the needed depth on the bid side it wont last long.

At the moment there should be more than enough BTC at Polo because of ETH and some others too. You can play with pretty big amounts even without your passport.

If you withdraw 2k USD equivalent every day you have 60k USD withdrawn after 1 month.

/quasimodo

Others and me have questioned the credibility of his words but nontheless buying around 200k is a good bet at the moment.
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 08:01:00 PM

/quasimodo

I actually purchased additional 2000 Moneros and added them to the stack.
I am expecting to make some money with these.  Grin
I still have capabilities to acquire more Moneros so feel free to sell me more.  Wink  Grin
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 08:03:49 PM

Got filled at 196k Grin

Daily:

Near the bottom of the channel, MACD cross, let's see if this time it will break the horizontal resistance at 220k.

Bid side getting stronger, above 200 BTC in bids now, ask side is thinning to around 300k XMR and lowering.

Others and me have questioned the credibility of his words but nontheless buying around 200k is a good bet at the moment.

I am not buying my coins secretly. You can see the buys from Poloniex.
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 08:07:46 PM

Whenever I have made some money, I will divide the money into separate parts.
One part goes to fiat account, one part goes to bills and one part of them goes to Moneros.
For me Monero represents a storage of value of long term.
It doesn't make much difference if you bought your Moneros for 0.003 or 0.0022 so much if you have plenty of them when Monero has significiantly higher valuation. Anyway most likely you are not able to spend all of them no matter how much you try to spend them.

P.S. I am planning to eat the wall at 0.00208 if nobody else do not want to do it.
smooth (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 08:09:35 PM
Last edit: September 14, 2015, 08:25:52 PM by smooth

Sorry for a bit of semi-OT but this thread has recently passed the ripple giveaway as the #1 thread by replies in the Altcoin Discussion forum (with nearly all of the replies here on topic I might add). And unlike this discussion thread, the ripple thread was one that bought replies by giving free coins for each reply (something no longer allowed on the forums).

We're also on track to reach #1 by Views very soon.

I've noted several times the phenomenon of some hot new-coin-of-the-day showing up on volume leaders list on Poloniex over the past 18 months, only to disappear into the abyss within a few weeks or months. I'm sure we can all think of some that have come and gone, and I have no doubt that pattern will continue. Yet through it all, XMR is still there and still going strong. This thread and its success is the mirror image of that consistently healthy and resilient trading market.

Congratulations to the Monero community and those investing and speculating using Monero. You are all creating something great here and should be proud of what has been achieved (though much remains to be done).
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 08:18:42 PM

Bought additional 1069.42859753 XMR (You can see this on Poloniex).
hodlmybtc

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2015, 08:21:51 PM

Sorry for a bit of semi-OT but this thread has recently passed the ripple giveaway as the #1 thread by replies in the Altcoin Discussion forum (with nearly all of the replies here on topic I might add). And unlike this discussion thread, the ripple thread was one that bought replies by giving free coins for each reply (something no longer allowed on the forums).

We're also on track to reach #1 by Views very soon.

I've noted several times the phenomenon of some hot new-coin-of-the-day showing up on volume leaders list on Poloniex over the past 18 months, only to disappear into the abyss within a few weeks or months. I'm sure we can all think of some that have come and gone, and I have no doubt that pattern will continue. Yet through it all, XMR is still there and still going strong. This thread and its success is the mirror image of that consistently healthy and resilient trading market.

Congratulations to the Monero community and those investing and speculating using Monero. You are all creating something great here and should be proud of what has been achieved (though much remains

Congratulations on your thread smooth!

I've never really thought about it that way (regarding investing/speculating) but you made me look at my Polo trade history.

Traded nearly 200k XMR so far on Poloniex Cheesy

Note: buys minus sells do not reflect my holdings because I also use/have used shapeshift, XMR.to, Mintpal and margin trading.

It always have been good in the XMR community and for me especially the speculation thread as I'm a technical newb, price-wise the only "dark times" were around 100k satoshis, but were great buying opportunities for long(er) term holders.

Keep up the good work!
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 08:34:58 PM

I nibbled the wall for 10 xmr
dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 09:05:52 PM

FYI:

A new missive is out:

MONDAY MONERO MISSIVES #32 - SEPTEMBER 14TH, 2015

https://getmonero.org/2015/09/14/monero-missive-for-the-week-of-2015-09-14.html

In this week's episode we feature a brand new external project: Monero Dice, and interview its founders and operators, Riccardo "fluffypony" Spagni, and rznag.

https://monerodice.net/

Have fun playing guys!

P.S.:
Quote from: Fluffypony

Yea, well, that's pretty much it. So, the earnings that I make from this will go to core development, definitely right now and for the foreseeable future. Obviously if at some stage in the future, core development is self-sustaining, then, I probably won't need to give 100% of my earnings to core development, but since the core team's mostly paying for core development out of our pockets, it really, you know it doesn't make sense for me to withhold any of my Monero Dice earnings.

If anyone doesn't get it: There is a 1% house edge. Off that 1% house edge, 10% will be taken as commission for costs and the remainder will go to the Monero development fund.

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
Bassica

Activity: 283

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 09:09:27 PM

My last post was a bit more hopium than reality.

Having said that, I think that we're looking at an unprecetended opportunity for buying monero at an extremely attractive valuation, right here and right now.

Some facts:
- We are facing an ever decreasing emission rate, which should, with exposure/interest being unchanged result in higher plateaus.
- Exposure/interest is not unchanged; in fact we've added 300 + reddit subscirbers in the last couple of weeks. There's multiple topics from new users inquiring about xmr both in the subreddit as in the various bitcointalk topics.
- We've seen multiple topics in r/bitcoin and even the conference regarding fungability/privacy. The familiair r/bitcoin hostility towards alts seems to be less and less directed towards monero
- We've had numerous tweets/retweets due to active involvement of the community.
- Bid size increased from 120~ to 200+, whereas asks went from 420k+ to 300k.
- Charts have been painted red for the last month or so, clearly someone wanting the charts looking less attractive.
- indicators also point to whales accumulating. Large dumps being absorbed, potential outbreaks being smothered.
- we were added to 2 other exchanges (cryptsy and a NZ/Australian one)
- 2 developers, as well as lots of translation efforts have been succesfully (and swiftly) been funded
- MASSIVE improvements on the codebase have been done, LMDB, 0MQ etc etc(props to the devteam, esp noodledoodle but everyone who contributed)
- Since the majority of users doesn't compile, or maybe doesn't even try the beta, haven't experienced this incredible improvements yet. A tagged release is very near.
- the devteam has proved to be in this project for the long run, and not some scammy snakeoil pump n dump team.

There's probably a dozen more bullets I could add. The fact is that both the fundamentals as well as the charts (technical) have never been so bullish, especially taking in consideration the current (old) price range.

There hasn't been a better and more obvious time in the entire existence of this project to get yourself a handful of these tokens. I know I sound bullish, but I also know I'm right. Strap on your fucking seatbelts people, this is it, the time is NOW.
hodlmybtc

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2015, 09:10:27 PM

Nice buy!

dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 09:35:06 PM

Regarding the fat-finger error, I noticed there is a 38k wall somewhere between 0.005 and 0.006, which is obviously put there to avoid this.

Visualized:

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
binaryFate
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1003

Still wild and free

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 09:45:38 PM

this thread has recently passed the ripple giveaway as the #1 thread by replies in the Altcoin Discussion forum

Kudos to TrueCryptonaire, he did half of the work. Wink

Monero's privacy and therefore fungibility are MUCH stronger than Bitcoin's. 
This makes Monero a better candidate to deserve the term "digital cash".
nioc
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 09:58:10 PM

Strap on your fucking seatbelts people, this is it, the time is NOW.

At the top we have Bassica's view of his "last" post and on the bottom we have an excerpt of his new post. Roll Eyes Tongue Grin Kiss
SmoothCurves

Activity: 379

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 10:00:25 PM

kazuki49

Activity: 350

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 10:04:58 PM

Having said that, I think that we're looking at an unprecetended opportunity for buying monero at an extremely attractive valuation, right here and right now.

Some facts:
- We are facing an ever decreasing emission rate, which should, with exposure/interest being unchanged result in higher plateaus.
- Exposure/interest is not unchanged; in fact we've added 300 + reddit subscirbers in the last couple of weeks. There's multiple topics from new users inquiring about xmr both in the subreddit as in the various bitcointalk topics.
- We've seen multiple topics in r/bitcoin and even the conference regarding fungability/privacy. The familiair r/bitcoin hostility towards alts seems to be less and less directed towards monero
- We've had numerous tweets/retweets due to active involvement of the community.
- Bid size increased from 120~ to 200+, whereas asks went from 420k+ to 300k.
- Charts have been painted red for the last month or so, clearly someone wanting the charts looking less attractive.
- indicators also point to whales accumulating. Large dumps being absorbed, potential outbreaks being smothered.
- we were added to 2 other exchanges (cryptsy and a NZ/Australian one)
- 2 developers, as well as lots of translation efforts have been succesfully (and swiftly) been funded
- MASSIVE improvements on the codebase have been done, LMDB, 0MQ etc etc(props to the devteam, esp noodledoodle but everyone who contributed)
- Since the majority of users doesn't compile, or maybe doesn't even try the beta, haven't experienced this incredible improvements yet. A tagged release is very near.
- the devteam has proved to be in this project for the long run, and not some scammy snakeoil pump n dump team.

There's probably a dozen more bullets I could add. The fact is that both the fundamentals as well as the charts (technical) have never been so bullish, especially taking in consideration the current (old) price range.

There hasn't been a better and more obvious time in the entire existence of this project to get yourself a handful of these tokens. I know I sound bullish, but I also know I'm right. Strap on your fucking seatbelts people, this is it, the time is NOW.

+1 its been a great ride and I believe the best is yet to come.
Pages: « 1 ... 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 [434] 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 ... 2192 »
  Print  

Jump to: