Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 01:38:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 [473] 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 ... 2191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation  (Read 3312396 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1362

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 04:45:27 PM

For Monero to become a very successful privacy-centric crypto currency, we need to promote it even more. This will result in mass adoption and with a hopefully increase in price. So far, I'm doing my best to spread the word of XMR and already told a couple of my friends about it. Most of them became very interested in it due to the fact that their transactions would be more private than in the Bitcoin block chain. They said they don't want NSA spying on their transactions, and that's why they'll be using Monero from now on. For the moment, I'm going to publicize XMR even more, until then I decide to make my own business which would only accept Bitcoins and Monero as payment methods. In the meantime, let's hope to see an increase in price probably in the next year. (or not?)  Cheesy

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
chennan
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 04:52:53 PM

For Monero to become a very successful privacy-centric crypto currency, we need to promote it even more. This will result in mass adoption and with a hopefully increase in price. So far, I'm doing my best to spread the word of XMR and already told a couple of my friends about it. Most of them became very interested in it due to the fact that their transactions would be more private than in the Bitcoin block chain. They said they don't want NSA spying on their transactions, and that's why they'll be using Monero from now on. For the moment, I'm going to publicize XMR even more, until then I decide to make my own business which would only accept Bitcoins and Monero as payment methods. In the meantime, let's hope to see an increase in price probably in the next year. (or not?)  Cheesy

I know we've been trying to promote XMR to privacy oriented services; but has anyone tried to start promoting it to privacy oriented services for the US government, like lockheed martin for example? Maybe they would be interested in this because I think a large majority of their data was hacked by the Chinese and would probably be interested in transacting currency around and conducting business in XMR.

nioc
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 05:35:40 PM

I'm pissed I didn't have any BTC avail when the dump hit. Sad still waiting on fucking coinbase slow train to hell.

I haven't used them but I hear Circle is very fast once it's set up.

Given the current volume we could be going down soon as long as there isn't any concrete news.

Well we did have a small dip that lasted ~5hrs and then up we went.  I was just about to buy when somebody beat me to it.

I remain a root vegetable.

Shrikez

Activity: 399
Merit: 263

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 07:14:22 PM

no worries. Sadly the bears will keep stomping on it. Pretty sure you will get your XMR at the desired price.

Die Würde des Menschen ist unantastbar
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 09:22:38 PM

This whole market sentiment reminds me of 2012.

As they say "Buy the dips"

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

owm123

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 09:43:13 PM

I know we've been trying to promote XMR to privacy oriented services; but has anyone tried to start promoting it to privacy oriented services for the US government, like lockheed martin for example? Maybe they would be interested in this because I think a large majority of their data was hacked by the Chinese and would probably be interested in transacting currency around and conducting business in XMR.

Monero has small market cap for now, and it cant be used for 'serious' money transfers or operations on regular basis without shaking up the entire monero market.

With small market cap, need to look at small transactions, such as small donations, paying a subscription fee for vpn or email, etc. 

Bitcoin is NOT anonymous: http://www.bitcoinisnotanonymous.com
funnyman21

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 11:24:11 PM

This whole market sentiment reminds me of 2012.

As they say "Buy the dips"

If CryptoNote adoption is at 2012 levels I am eager for what is ahead
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2015, 02:26:36 AM

DASH : 970 K  , MONERO : 165 K.  it s because of smoothie and icebreaker. Dash raises again but Monero crashes. I m not a fudder. I love monero but smoothie and icebreaker are just embarrassment for your community. They just fud DASH or Evan (maybe jealous of him) Instead of help monero. They are dangerous for your community. I hope monero rises again but it's much difficult with legendary trolls. Smoothie and icebreaker please use your energy for monero. You cannot win this war because we are so strong. And special thanks for smooth...

And you don't think the cryptsy exodus combined with dash's cryptsy volume had any effect today? No, all because of icebreaker and smoothie are criticizing dash? You sure you want to walk around BCT espousing BS?

vv Going from this

It s time to sell Monero Grin Look at that price https://www.poloniex.com/exchange#btc_xmr

Is there any plan to save Monero? or do we all abandon this sinking ship?

vv to this in a matter of hours shows you're either bipolar, have a memory deficiency, or are stupid enough to believe this BS effects markets. I'm going with the latter.

Many people can't seem to distinguish smooth and smoothie :-P

Anyway, let's go back to speculation.

yeah i mean smoothie not smooth. Monero community have to survive these legendary dogs (smoothie and icebreaker and their alter accounts(adamwhite,thedasher etc.))

Anyway let's go back to speculation. Grin to me it s time to buy monero now coz it ll hit 220 k soon . it s just a feeling not an analyse.

All this tells us is the DashHoles are extremely butthurt, probably because fluffy/smooth/smoothie/my scam-busting has been effective in destroying Dash's price/credibility/reputation/future.

They really want us to stop crying fraud when we see fraud, so we will be frauds like them.

Their desire for an XC-Darkcoin style mutual-scammer-non-aggression pact is as obvious as it is hilarious!   Grin

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
owm123

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 05:47:38 AM

Do you think that current issues with Cryptsy can affect Monero prices, if for example, many ppl from Cryptsy move to polo or other exchanges?

Bitcoin is NOT anonymous: http://www.bitcoinisnotanonymous.com
macsga
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1002

Strange, yet attractive.

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 05:51:49 AM

Do you think that current issues with Cryptsy can affect Monero prices, if for example, many ppl from Cryptsy move to polo or other exchanges?

It may be, but the price at this time is more dependent on the fact that many people (like me) think that this is a nice point to accumulate more. I don't think that XMR will see this kind of value in the future. We may have seen the "next" bottom after 0.00009. I don't know about you, but I bought some with my play money and seriously thinking averaging down with more... Cool

Chaos could be a form of intelligence we cannot yet understand its complexity.
chennan
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 05:57:38 AM

I was wondering more about the new news about gemini coming out with their own exchange site, that makes people have to give their SS# and stuff to the government, so they can start tracking certain peoples purchases with those bitcoins... Idk if people will start to get suspicious of them or try end up being really successful..

Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4902

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 06:01:16 AM

Did Craptsy ever get an real volume?

Many of us warned against that exchange.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2015, 06:04:35 AM

Being the premiere shitcoin exchange, over 50% of DashScam's volume is naturally on Crapsea.  Once it's gone, many of those traders will move to Polo, where XMR volume is highest.

That makes it easy for defectors from eduffield's cargo cult to join us Wild & Free® Monero Mustangs.TM

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Bagatell

Activity: 722
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 06:11:57 AM

It's probably FUD.

http://www.coinwrite.org/coinfires-scuttlebutt-radar-locked-on-cryptsy/

http://blog.cryptsy.com/post/130547612142/re-coinfire
wpalczynski
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 07:51:41 AM

It's probably FUD.

I don't know about it being FUD.  My LTC withdrawal has not been processed and its been almost 18 hrs.

Bagatell

Activity: 722
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 07:56:28 AM

My LTC withdrawal has not been processed and its been almost 18 hrs.

That's not good.
dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 08:24:34 AM

Did Craptsy ever get an real volume?

Many of us warned against that exchange.

No, they had severe withdrawal issues in the beginning (e.g. someone had to wait for 7 days before he could withdraw), that's why there is probably no volume over there.

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
elrippo
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 09:58:49 AM

It's probably FUD.

I don't know about it being FUD.  My LTC withdrawal has not been processed and its been almost 18 hrs.

Well, i find this discussion about one exchange, with some minor collection, that is supposed to maybe have had transactions which may have been executed or transferred to so called terrorists via crypto currencies somewhat ridiculous, if you look at the war financing done by governments in particular.

Nobody spends a word for the terrorist financing shemes used by the CIA and other authorities, and nobody spends a minute to take a look at the FIAT transactions done by and for terroristic financing for decades now.

Suddenly some transactions on an exchange pop up which maybe could have been used for illegal purposes, as for example terror financing. The US defense budget is a bit bigger in the moment. So who has a benefit from this dicussion  Shocked

For Advertisement. PM me to discuss.
primer-
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 10:12:05 AM

No, they had severe withdrawal issues in the beginning (e.g. someone had to wait for 7 days before he could withdraw), that's why there is probably no volume over there.

It was me. Had to sell XMR for BTC in order to withdraw. I am so glad Cryptsy is done...
rpietila
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 10:21:53 AM

Nobody spends a word for the terrorist financing shemes used by the CIA and other authorities, and nobody spends a minute to take a look at the FIAT transactions done by and for terroristic financing for decades now.

Suddenly some transactions on an exchange pop up which maybe could have been used for illegal purposes, as for example terror financing. The US defense budget is a bit bigger in the moment. So who has a benefit from this dicussion  Shocked

Yeah. Lets allogorize it so that it's easier to get. I have a game where I collect wine. I have 1,000,000,000 bottles of it (gov+tla budget). Every once in a while somebody else shows up with 1 bottle. Since I have successfully conditioned all the others to believe only I should have access to wine (terrorism financing, after all: terror is the purpose of their military), I go about and smash the head of the small guy, or put him to prison, and of course take his only wine bottle. (With the actual 1,000,000,000:1 figures; that is quite valuable, such as $5k per year!!)

So far as number-blind people remain in the world that don't comprehend the ridiculousness by the relative numbers, or those maimed of reason, believing and arguing that the U.S. military and deep state is not a terrorist entity (while it clearly is, given any sane definition to terrorism aka not the one they are propagating themselves), it makes sense to propagate this fuckery. It collapses when people abandon it, just like the Soviet Union did.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
Pages: « 1 ... 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 [473] 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 ... 2191 »
  Print  

Jump to: