Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:22:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 [481] 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 ... 2191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation  (Read 3312387 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
owm123

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 08:39:22 AM

Heads up: 

Over at http://www.reddit.com/r/wallstreetbets I'll be conducting a

HVIAmA (Halloween Video Ask Me Anything) tomorrow at 1PM ET about Monero

All of my answers will be in the form of videos, and with successive questions participants will unlock new halloween costumes.

This is a subreddit filled with people who like speculative and risky trades on the stock market and has showed a tepid reception to cryptocurrency in the past.  My job will be to convince them that Monero is not a scam, and is a genuine and honest project filled with good intentions.  It might be risky, but it's legit as it gets. 

If you have the time, tune in.

If any of you guys are online right now, you should definitely check out this... Didn't know americanpegasus was such a comic rather than some crazy speculative neckbearded dork.  IMO, he's killing it and generally getting a lot of people's attention on there; so if you guys have time, come on out to /r/wallstreetbets and check it out.

Is there any summary of they questions and answers?

Bitcoin is NOT anonymous: http://www.bitcoinisnotanonymous.com
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bagatell

Activity: 722
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 09:45:27 AM

Buy,buy,buy!
XMRpromotions

Activity: 336

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 03:50:17 PM

Buy,buy,buy!

I don't know if anyone bought or not but r/monero has a few more subscribers today.

Don't buy Monero: https://twitter.com/MoneroPromotion/status/746006420508729344

XMR: 43hPTYyKarCTWyh4ZnMVn8AtFeEmtzTXo3Y6TGGMV26BWonJ4tpR7eP9RkUDYQbvg6LbrnMXWfghddE NGtvKxr7B5oML4qd
chennan
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 04:33:37 PM

Buy,buy,buy!

I don't know if anyone bought or not but r/monero has a few more subscribers today.

I was checking the prices to see if a person was really trying to go "all in" on what americanpegasus was selling/marketing, and it only went up a cent... No matter, I believe that if a majority of them start reading more into it and seeing what's at stake, then I think they'll start slowly buying into it.  I think most of them know that the price of any altcoin isn't going to skyrocket when the GUI isn't even out yet, like what americanpegasus pointed out in one of his answers.

saddambitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1610

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 05:06:28 PM

I was checking the prices to see if a person was really trying to go "all in" on what americanpegasus was selling/marketing, and it only went up a cent... No matter, I believe that if a majority of them start reading more into it and seeing what's at stake, then I think they'll start slowly buying into it.  I think most of them know that the price of any altcoin isn't going to skyrocket when the GUI isn't even out yet, like what americanpegasus pointed out in one of his answers.

Nobody learns of something then buys it the very next day. When I first heard of Bitcoin in 2011 I was interested, but had no money to invest. When I finally made the decision to buy some in 2012, it still took a few months to do research on how to buy it, how to use it, then finally buy it. If some new people are interested and learning about it, that's all that matters now.

miragecash

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 05:20:09 PM

Yup, back in 2011, I saw the "we use coins" video and thought that bitcoin was crap because the video was crap. Now, I wish I bought back then because I would've made a tidy profit. It was at less than $10 per BTC when I saw the video and it was at over $1000 when I saw bitcoin next on the internet. Why didn't the "we use coins" guys make a better freaking video?!

Crap "we use coins" video: https://youtu.be/Um63OQz3bjo
Video that caused me to invest in Bitcoin and later other cryptocurrency: https://youtu.be/rzKdW-au110

I was checking the prices to see if a person was really trying to go "all in" on what americanpegasus was selling/marketing, and it only went up a cent... No matter, I believe that if a majority of them start reading more into it and seeing what's at stake, then I think they'll start slowly buying into it.  I think most of them know that the price of any altcoin isn't going to skyrocket when the GUI isn't even out yet, like what americanpegasus pointed out in one of his answers.

Nobody learns of something then buys it the very next day. When I first heard of Bitcoin in 2011 I was interested, but had no money to invest. When I finally made the decision to buy some in 2012, it still took a few months to do research on how to buy it, how to use it, then finally buy it. If some new people are interested and learning about it, that's all that matters now.
Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1359

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 06:11:01 PM

It’s still very disappointing to see Monero’s price very cheap (due to loss of profit) but at the same time it could be good news as this makes an advantage to invest early on XMR for the next increase in price. I have the sense that next year will be a very good year for Monero. Just wait and see.  Roll Eyes

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
chennan
Legendary

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 07:03:43 PM

It’s still very disappointing to see Monero’s price very cheap (due to loss of profit) but at the same time it could be good news as this makes an advantage to invest early on XMR for the next increase in price. I have the sense that next year will be a very good year for Monero. Just wait and see.  Roll Eyes

Personally, I think it's going to take atleast another year for monero's price to go up... We still need to wait until summer time next year for the GUI to come out, and until then there will be no real reason for the price to increase... Unless a lot of privacy oriented businesses start accepting XMR, that is.

bbreconomy

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 07:06:19 PM

Unless a lot of privacy oriented businesses start accepting XMR, that is.

That should be a primary goal for Monero and other privacy focused coins.
chennan
Legendary

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 07:13:45 PM

Yeah, but it's not really a matter of a couple of us who are invested into the privacy focused coins to start contacting these businesses and just say "Hey, you need to accept XMR"... I think we need to inform them of what it is and to get them to actually read the documents and white papers that come along with cryptonite currencies.  Until they get some kind of motivation to do so; we won't have any say as to how they handle their business.

Conurtrol

Activity: 478

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 07:29:08 PM

Getting OpenBazaar to accept Monero would be a great start.
vokain
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2015, 07:51:38 PM

Personally, I think it's going to take atleast another year for monero's price to go up... We still need to wait until summer time next year for the GUI to come out, and until then there will be no real reason for the price to increase... Unless a lot of privacy oriented businesses start accepting XMR, that is.

We should think less in quantities of time and more in qualities of movement (together).
http://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/how-just-one-bird-can-urge-entire-flock-change-directions-180952426/

Interesting comment from the discussion: "we will find that consciousness flows like this..."
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 08:31:42 PM

Not sure whatever became of it, but the guy that runs dwarfpool was paid some xmr to develop a Monero fork of Openbazaar, called Freemarket, or Openmarket, or something.
binaryFate
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1003

Still wild and free

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 09:12:00 PM

Not sure whatever became of it [...]

Nothing.
But he did dear to ask for even more funds between nothing and nothing.

Monero's privacy and therefore fungibility are MUCH stronger than Bitcoin's. 
This makes Monero a better candidate to deserve the term "digital cash".
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 11:30:51 PM

This is very true ^

I took the first 2 months to make sure I understood what Bitcoin was and how it worked before even starting to invest any money into it.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 11:32:49 PM

Yup, back in 2011, I saw the "we use coins" video and thought that bitcoin was crap because the video was crap. Now, I wish I bought back then because I would've made a tidy profit. It was at less than $10 per BTC when I saw the video and it was at over $1000 when I saw bitcoin next on the internet. Why didn't the "we use coins" guys make a better freaking video?!

Video that caused me to invest in Bitcoin and later other cryptocurrency: https://youtu.be/rzKdW-au110

I was checking the prices to see if a person was really trying to go "all in" on what americanpegasus was selling/marketing, and it only went up a cent... No matter, I believe that if a majority of them start reading more into it and seeing what's at stake, then I think they'll start slowly buying into it.  I think most of them know that the price of any altcoin isn't going to skyrocket when the GUI isn't even out yet, like what americanpegasus pointed out in one of his answers.

LOL yeah blame the video for you not investing.  Smiley <----- the lesson of why not to judge a book by its cover.

Seriously the video could have been two guys holding up cut out paper puppets attached to chopsticks doing a play to explain what and how bitcoin works and why it matters and I would have still saw the importance.

"Better video"? I thought the we use coins video make the message perfectly clear the FIRST time I watched it.

It is the same reason that I support Monero. Its interface make look like crap (CLI) but it does something important very well.

The makeup and lipstick will come.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

miragecash

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 11:56:14 PM

I totally agree with you NOW as someone who now understands crypto, BUT back in 2011, when I was a layman, I saw the crappy cartoon video and thought, "This is crap, man. Don't pay me in crappy shitcoin, Gimme dollars!" The cartoon video went too much into the nerdy mechanics of it while the 2nd video was more humanistic. It talked about how it would disruptively revolutionize money on a global scale. I am a human being. I need a humanistic explanation, not a nerdy "how it works" video.

Some guy in my church told everyone to invest in bitcoin back in 2011. He just told people the nerdy mechanics of it and told people how it worked. Nobody listened to him. People thought he was crazy. I joined this church recently and told people a humanistic explanation of why bitcoin is so important and half a dozen people immediately asked me to drive them to a bitcoin ATM. These 6 people also used all or some of their bitcoins to buy Monero.

I am not blaming the video for not investing in 2011. I am asking you guys to explain bitcoin and monero in a humanistic manner while glossing over the mechanics of how it works in order to get more people on board and using bitcoin (and other cryptos like Monero).

LOL yeah blame the video for you not investing.  Smiley <----- the lesson of why not to judge a book by its cover.

Seriously the video could have been two guys holding up cut out paper puppets attached to chopsticks doing a play to explain what and how bitcoin works and why it matters and I would have still saw the importance.

"Better video"? I thought the we use coins video make the message perfectly clear the FIRST time I watched it.

It is the same reason that I support Monero. Its interface make look like crap (CLI) but it does something important very well.

The makeup and lipstick will come.
papa_lazzarou

Activity: 649
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 12:31:07 AM

Not sure whatever became of it, but the guy that runs dwarfpool was paid some xmr to develop a Monero fork of Openbazaar, called Freemarket, or Openmarket, or something.

FreeBazar?
owm123

Activity: 392

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 12:43:12 AM
Last edit: October 11, 2015, 07:15:38 AM by owm123

Yeah, but it's not really a matter of a couple of us who are invested into the privacy focused coins to start contacting these businesses and just say "Hey, you need to accept XMR"... I think we need to inform them of what it is and to get them to actually read the documents and white papers that come along with cryptonite currencies. Until they get some kind of motivation to do so; we won't have any say as to how they handle their business.

For privacy oriented services, like for most businesses, are to main motivations:
1. Money
2. Reputation

1. Money

If they see that costumers chose competition over them, because they accept xmr, its enough of a motivation to start considering accepting monero as well.

For this to happen there needs to be enough users being happy to pay/donate for the services with xmr.  

2. Reputation

If some service is serious about protecting users privacy, they should do everything they can do protect this privacy. This includes supporting payment methods that actually protect this privacy.

And for this to happen, limitations of the bitcoin in terms of privacy and anonymity must be more well known. Most ppl think that bitcoin is most private and most anonymous payment method ever developed.

Bitcoin is NOT anonymous: http://www.bitcoinisnotanonymous.com
e-coinomist
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1085

Money often costs too much.

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 01:01:03 AM
Last edit: October 11, 2015, 01:35:32 AM by e-coinomist

I believe one monero will be worth approximately 3.7 sheep or 125 chickens within the next 75 lunar cycles Tongue

One can speculate on sheeps'n'chickens too, just mentioning. Could be very lucrative.

The comparison to bitcoins suffers from the comparison to bitcoins. People will always point out it compares to the epic bitcoin market crash when price gains, so volume will be near zilch/nada/nuthing at the pike. No buy support, short episode. This past will be haunting.

Or 0.106 Elephants.  Cheesy

When those are standing around in a room, everybody preferes not to mention

Before "Bitcoin repeats" one would have to make Bitcoin unhappen.
Pages: « 1 ... 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 [481] 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 ... 2191 »
  Print  

Jump to: