Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 12:11:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 ... 246 »
  Print  
Author Topic: margin terminal is now FREE - bots for over 30 exchanges  (Read 268508 times)
leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2017, 08:57:50 PM

Hi All

Does anyone know if its possible and if so how to put % at the right side of the graph? Either as well as or instead of the rate?

Thanks

TheWood

That's not possible. But you can use leonArdo's ruler to drag from one point in the chart to another and see information regarding the effective gain etc.

Best wishes,
Jonathan

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2017, 09:07:05 PM

@leonArdo Guys,

Have been playing with the demo version for about half an hour and am already liking it. However I have a couple of questions

1. What if I place a order through LeonArdo and later I cancel it through the exchange(Bittrex in my case)? Will it get reflected on Leonardo as well?
More generally, does leonArdo see the orders/actions initiated through it only, or is it able to handle ones initiated through the exchange as well.
I am sure the answer is latter, but just want to confirm.

2. I have barely spent an hour playing with it so not sure it is a an intended feature or me being unable to find the correct setting. But I am not able to reduce the amount of BTC to use to buy LTC while using the Margin maker.
My balance is 0.445 BTC and the Margin maker just does not seem to like any amount lesser than it. I am not move the slider to reduce the amount (though I am able to use it to increase the amount). When I manually enter the amount in the input box, the amount automatically reverts back to 0.445 BTC

3. While launching the program in Demo mode (Bittrex Demo), the inital balance is greyed out and set to 0.5 BTC. Is it possible to adjust it?

Thanks

Great you like leonArdo!

1. What if I place a order through LeonArdo and later I cancel it through the exchange(Bittrex in my case)? Will it get reflected on Leonardo as well?
More generally, does leonArdo see the orders/actions initiated through it only, or is it able to handle ones initiated through the exchange as well.
I am sure the answer is latter, but just want to confirm.

leonArdo shows all orders on the exchange! If you cancel a leonArdo order on the exchange it disappears in leonArdo too!

2. I have barely spent an hour playing with it so not sure it is a an intended feature or me being unable to find the correct setting. But I am not able to reduce the amount of BTC to use to buy LTC while using the Margin maker.
My balance is 0.445 BTC and the Margin maker just does not seem to like any amount lesser than it. I am not move the slider to reduce the amount (though I am able to use it to increase the amount). When I manually enter the amount in the input box, the amount automatically reverts back to 0.445 BTC

This just sounds completely wrong and I can't reproduce it! Can you show me a screenshot of the issue?

3. While launching the program in Demo mode (Bittrex Demo), the inital balance is greyed out and set to 0.5 BTC. Is it possible to adjust it?

Yes, it's possible. Uncheck the Continue last session checkbox and you can add your own starting balance. But take care if you want to have as realistic an experience as possible you should not trade with excessive amounts in the demo version. As your trades are only emulated they have no effect on the market in the way that real trades do!

Best wishes,
Jonathan

leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2017, 09:13:58 PM

I've asked the dev team to take a look. Have you any more details?

Does it crash while you are interacting with leonArdo's GUI? Or while it is left on it's own?

How many pairs are you running? Are you running the demo version of the software or a paid version?

The more details the better.

Thanks for getting in touch and sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

Best wishes,
Jonathan

1.- It crashes when it is left on its own. Everything seems to work fine, but when you leave the program running, after some time it just crashes.
2.- Initially I thought it was because I was running too many pairs, but even with just 2 pairs it also crashes. It doesn't seem to be related to the amount of pairs running.
3.- I'm running the demo version. I'm interested in buying your software but before I do that I need to confirm that it works.

I'm running it on a Xubuntu virtual machine because I was running it on Windows 10 and it would also crash without any error message at all.
With Ubuntu, at least I get a bunch of text with the malloc error.

Are you running all these tests on the same computer, because it seems very strange that you are having such issues on all these OSs?

Is your machine going to sleep while you are away? Still shouldn't crash, but just trying to figure out the situation? What about bots? Are you running them?

Sorry for your frustrations! We are working hard on under the hood stability improvements but the particular issue you are having is not something we can reproduce right now.

Mjmail

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 07:01:02 AM

Hello all...

I've been using Gunbot for quite a while, and I'm also testing Leonardo Margin. I have to admit that the fact that Leonardo has a special GUI with visual drag order is a big plus. Leonado is much more intuitive. It just lacks some strategy in addition, a stop loss a little simpler, and it will become the n01 of the bot.
Bravo Jonathan for your work.
Waiting for the next update with great impatience.
shariqkhan

Activity: 24

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 07:14:44 AM

Can anyone using leonArdo kindly explain to me how does it calculate effective gain?

I am fiddling with demo version (with Bittrex as exchange).
I chose margin maker as the strategy with the following settings:

Trading pair: LTC/BTC:
Amount (LTC) : 15.4704
Start with : Buy
Buy Margin: 32%
Sell Margin: 30%
Trading Window: 38%
Effective margin: 1.05%
Min Effective gain: -1%

The buy order went through with these details:
Type: limit buy
Price:0.01615998
Amount:15.470393
Total:0.25000124

The bot automatically placed a sell order with these details:
Price:0.0162114
Total:0.25079673

I am not able to understand how selling at 0.0162114 amounts to 1.05% gain.
By the mathemetical formula Gain % = [(Selling Price - Cost Price) * 100]/ Cost Price
It comes to [(0.0162114 - 0.01615998)*100]/0.01615998 = 0.31819%

The formula gives effective gain as 0.318193%, and not 1.05% gain which I had aimed for.
There is quite a strong chance I am misunderstanding the settings. In that case would someone be kind enough to tell me what these settings (Buy Margin, Sell Margin, Trading Window, Effective margin) mean and what values should I provide in these settings if I want to get a profit of 1.05% in every trade.

Thanks.

Depends on the exchange. On bittrex it's a standard 0.25% for all trades.

On poloniex the effective gain is calculated using standard taker fees of 0.25%. The API doesn't allow us to pre-determine the type of order so we choose to display the higher taker fees rather than the possible, most likely, even probably maker fees of 0.015%.

Best wishes,
Jonathan

Thanks Jonathan for your answer. But I am still a bit confused. Does not 'effective gain' take the exchange fees into consideration ?
Also, if I have to set 'minimum effective gain of 1%' and purchased a currency at say .034 btc, would the sell bid be automatically of at least 0.03434 btc(100.01% of 0.34 to account for 1% effective gain)?
leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2017, 09:13:45 AM
Last edit: September 02, 2017, 10:09:47 AM by leonArdo@margin

Can anyone using leonArdo kindly explain to me how does it calculate effective gain?

I am fiddling with demo version (with Bittrex as exchange).
I chose margin maker as the strategy with the following settings:

Trading pair: LTC/BTC:
Amount (LTC) : 15.4704
Start with : Buy
Buy Margin: 32%
Sell Margin: 30%
Trading Window: 38%
Effective margin: 1.05%
Min Effective gain: -1%

The buy order went through with these details:
Price:0.01615998
Total:0.25000124

The bot automatically placed a sell order with these details:
Price:0.0162114
Total:0.25079673

I am not able to understand how selling at 0.0162114 amounts to 1.05% gain.
By the mathemetical formula Gain % = [(Selling Price - Cost Price) * 100]/ Cost Price
It comes to [(0.0162114 - 0.01615998)*100]/0.01615998 = 0.31819%

The formula gives effective gain as 0.318193%, and not 1.05% gain which I had aimed for.
There is quite a strong chance I am misunderstanding the settings. In that case would someone be kind enough to tell me what these settings (Buy Margin, Sell Margin, Trading Window, Effective margin) mean and what values should I provide in these settings if I want to get a profit of 1.05% in every trade.

Thanks.

Depends on the exchange. On bittrex it's a standard 0.25% for all trades.

On poloniex the effective gain is calculated using standard taker fees of 0.25%. The API doesn't allow us to pre-determine the type of order so we choose to display the higher taker fees rather than the possible, most likely, even probably maker fees of 0.015%.

Best wishes,
Jonathan

Thanks Jonathan for your answer. But I am still a bit confused. Does not 'effective gain' take the exchange fees into consideration ?
Also, if I have to set 'minimum effective gain of 1%' and purchased a currency at say .034 btc, would the sell bid be automatically of at least 0.03434 btc(100.01% of 0.34 to account for 1% effective gain)?

Different exchanges calculate how their fees are applied in different ways. There are C1 and C2 models. Where C1/C2 is a currency pair, ETH/USD for example. In leonArdo wherever you see Effective Gain we have figured out what the gain is after fees have to be paid on both sides. So for example you buy currency C1 for $100 and sell for $110. The gain is not 10% as the fees on both those trades have to be calculated. leonArdo does that based on each particular exchange's conditions and shows you what your effective gain is.

Best wishes,
Jonathan

DigitalEd

Activity: 11

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 09:45:46 AM

A few requests and ?s

Can you please add a stop-loss to the ping-pong so I can use it as a stop-loss on newer coins going up.

Can you add in a way to set the other strategy so I can move the lines up and down to any setting I want? The problem I keep having on newer coins that are going up I can not move the buy line up to a point to buy in and move the sell line to the right place. Dragging out to use the history does not work on newer coins with not much history.

Is there any way to add in lines to the chart

Is the Kraken version coming soon I thought you posted it would be around two weeks many weeks back now.?

Thanks
leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2017, 10:13:48 AM

A few requests and ?s

Can you please add a stop-loss to the ping-pong so I can use it as a stop-loss on newer coins going up.

Can you add in a way to set the other strategy so I can move the lines up and down to any setting I want? The problem I keep having on newer coins that are going up I can not move the buy line up to a point to buy in and move the sell line to the right place. Dragging out to use the history does not work on newer coins with not much history.

Is the Kraken version coming soon I thought you posted it would be around two weeks many weeks back now.?

Thanks

We will add this soon.

Good point. We'll look into it. It might be that a different pump/dump bot would work better. We are working on more bots.

Not yet. But adding drawing tools is also something we are planning to do for an upcoming release. It all takes time...

Yes, you are right. We have definitely taken too long to get Kraken out. It's API has been the most difficult to implement for a number of reasons. We really are nearly there now though. Sorry about the delay.

Best wishes,
Jonathan

shariqkhan

Activity: 24

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 05:43:13 PM

Different exchanges calculate how their fees are applied in different ways. There are C1 and C2 models. Where C1/C2 is a currency pair, ETH/USD for example. In leonArdo wherever you see Effective Gain we have figured out what the gain is after fees have to be paid on both sides. So for example you buy currency C1 for $100 and sell for $110. The gain is not 10% as the fees on both those trades have to be calculated. leonArdo does that based on each particular exchange's conditions and shows you what your effective gain is.

Best wishes,
Jonathan

Thats what I understand. However it does not seem to be happening so.
For eg. for Bittrex fees are 0.25% per transaction.

So, if I have purchased a pair for $100, and I wish to sell it for a minimum gain of 2%, the minimum selling price should be calculated as following:
Effective cost = $100 + 0.25% of $100 = $100.25
Effective gain = 1% of 100.25 = 2.005

Final Selling price (after deducting 0.25% on selling transaction) should be 100.25+2.005 = 102.255

102.255 = Selling Price - 0.25% of Selling Price
Selling Price = 102.255/0.9975 = 102.5113

So, the margin maker bit should put the sell order at minimum of 102.5311 to make a minimum effective gain of 2%
However, this did not happen and the selling order was at a lower price than this, and as such the effective gain was less than 0.34%

But since many users are already using this without any problem, I guess I have some incorrect settings, and I need to tweak it more to get it correct.

So far, I am impressed with the interface of the program and its responsiveness and integration with Bittrex. So thumbs from me.
I just need to get a bit more hang of this to purchase it, which I intend to do in a week or so.

Quick question: Would it be possible for you to explain what is the difference between effective margin and minimum effective gain.
And what is the minimum profit the bot aims for when I put in a negative value in min effective gain. I understand that with a negative value, it could try to take a loss on a hope for further profit. But when it has a chance to make a profit what is the minimum it aims for (with a negative value in min e=effective gain)

Thanks for your patience and help.
TransAtlantic

Activity: 138
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 06:32:34 PM

A suggestion of a feature that would be useful for me:

The possibility to add some "notes/comments" for myself (just text-based) on the different pairs.

The reason for it is that I often look at different pairs (30 to 40 different pairs), make my own analysis, and then see that the time is good or not good to trade on it, then move on to another pair.  And the next day I don't always remember what mya analysis at that time was, so I have to re-spend a few minutes per pair to re-check things all over again.  With 30-40 pairs, you can imagine it can be lenghty.

Here is a real-life example:  E.g. There is a pair I like to trade, but now there is a big surge, and I expect it to crash in the short term, so I won't trade on it for now.  So it would be helpful for me to have a "post-it" type of note, where I would write for myself, for instance: "Crash expected, check after Sunday".  Or another one:  "Market always goes up after a drop.  Hold longer."

Something quick & easy, simple plain text, not a full WYSIWYG editor.

Nice idea. Where would you suggest we add it or how would it look?

Best wishes,
Jonathan

Sorry about the delay, I was away.

This "Note" feature would need to be connected to specific pairs.  So it could be a pop-up text window, that could be accessed by a button near the "Trading strategies for XYZ/BTC" (around top-left of the screen).  Some sort of pop-up window that would look similar to the "Balances" window, but with a simple, plain text editor field.  And that button would be in bold (or whatever visual cue you can devise) when there is some text in that note.  And an auto-save of the text, every time that window is closed.
TransAtlantic

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 06:33:51 PM

A suggestion of a feature that would be useful for me:

The possibility to add some "notes/comments" for myself (just text-based) on the different pairs.

The reason for it is that I often look at different pairs (30 to 40 different pairs), make my own analysis, and then see that the time is good or not good to trade on it, then move on to another pair.  And the next day I don't always remember what mya analysis at that time was, so I have to re-spend a few minutes per pair to re-check things all over again.  With 30-40 pairs, you can imagine it can be lenghty.

Here is a real-life example:  E.g. There is a pair I like to trade, but now there is a big surge, and I expect it to crash in the short term, so I won't trade on it for now.  So it would be helpful for me to have a "post-it" type of note, where I would write for myself, for instance: "Crash expected, check after Sunday".  Or another one:  "Market always goes up after a drop.  Hold longer."

Something quick & easy, simple plain text, not a full WYSIWYG editor.

Nice idea. Where would you suggest we add it or how would it look?

Best wishes,
Jonathan

You can have the notes pop up when you hover over the tabs or something.

Great idea too.
TransAtlantic

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 06:53:36 PM

Hi All

Does anyone know if its possible and if so how to put % at the right side of the graph? Either as well as or instead of the rate?

Thanks

TheWood

That would be a very useful feature.  The reason behind it is that, if I look at the chart of a random coin, I have no easy way at first to know about the _amplitude_ of the variations.  Is this coin going up and down by about 1% or 2% throughout the day, or is it going up and down by 50% or even 200% during that period?  (or anything in-between?)
It would be useful to know that, with a quick glance, without needing to use the ruler tool.
benjismarket

Activity: 47

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2017, 07:06:57 PM

Awesome program. Will have to get it added to our exchange once we open for business. keep up the great work!
evergrow

Activity: 426
Merit: 256

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2017, 09:24:46 PM

Leo is a really good app if you know how to control it and when is the right time to switch it on Smiley
I've learned how to use it well
Chimaera

Activity: 42

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 09:59:25 PM

Leo is a really good app if you know how to control it and when is the right time to switch it on Smiley
I've learned how to use it well
care to share a couple to Pro Tips?
Chimaera

Activity: 42

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 02:26:07 AM

I'll start:
Pro Tip - Did you know that if you have been trading on an exchange and then buy leonArdo for that exchange any open orders and positions will automatically show up in leonArdo's great user interface when that pair is opened in the app. You can then use leonArdo to make manual trades on those positions, change or cancel open orders, etc.
thedreamer
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002

Go Big or Go Home.....

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 04:21:11 AM

Something up with Leonardo today? I've had it crash and missing data on pairs for the past few hours across multiple PC's.

Go Big or Go Home.
altcoinrocker.xyz

Activity: 58
Merit: 10

Om Mani Padme Hum

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2017, 06:37:16 AM

Hello Jonathan!

I haven't been active on this thread for a while and haven't turned on LeonArdo until now, either. I had to stop it because the chart isn't loading properly and I remembered there was an issue with the data collection.

ANyway, I opened it now and it is working great! So I guess you solved this issue.

Congrats and best regards! Smiley

DRAGON│ THE ULTIMATE DIGITAL CURRENCY │ TOKEN SALE
▬▬▬▬▬ FOR CASINOS AND PLAYERS ▬▬▬▬▬ (https://www.drgtoken.io/)
ThomAB

Activity: 17

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 10:51:42 AM

Hello All

Really eager to start using Leonardo and thanks to the Dev team for making such a great piece of software.

Paid for a licence a few days ago but having some issues logging in due to keys not matching, sent an email to Rene and also via contact us on the website.

Can anyone advise me as to response times from the Dev team? Or best way to resolve this?

Thanks again
AdventureCoin

Activity: 252
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 11:01:33 AM

hi guys,,,,
i'm interested to use a bot for trading!

Is here any reviews about this bot!
Had someone success with that?

kr
Pages: « 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 ... 246 »
  Print  

Jump to: