Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:08:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 [87] 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 ... 246 »
  Print  
Author Topic: margin terminal is now FREE - bots for over 30 exchanges  (Read 268521 times)
WINDYBUNS

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 12:57:10 AM

New here name is steve!

Is there a discord group for LeonArdo?

Any places where we can share trade setups?

And last anyone have issues connecting to bitfinex.

Cudos to johnathan he's been awesome!!!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Prescott2008

Activity: 22

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2017, 03:08:41 AM

HURRAH HURRAH !!
I solved the problem with running the program !!!

Yeah man ... what did you do to get it running? Wink

Hacky

My computer name was in Cyrillic, but should the rules of programming in the Latin script, my programmer said it, I put a bot on your own dedicated server, where he stood up immediately and earned !
So the verdict is this !!!
Russian the user call your computer in Russian language !!!
NobleGhost

Activity: 25

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 06:13:16 AM

My computer name was in Cyrillic, but should the rules of programming in the Latin script, my programmer said it, I put a bot on your own dedicated server, where he stood up immediately and earned !

It's not your fault, neither there are such rules to have computer name using only Latin characters. I'd say it's leonArdo programmer's fault Smiley
hackbyte
Copper Member

Activity: 282
Merit: 111

Doing cryptocurrency stuff since 2010.

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2017, 07:08:33 AM

HURRAH HURRAH !!
I solved the problem with running the program !!!

Yeah man ... what did you do to get it running? Wink

Hacky

Heh o.k. .. good to know! And yep, i told you in my message that i think it _might be_ a problem with using non-latin language settings, in this case, it was not just the system language setting but the name.

It's a bit complicated. Internet Hostnames, and the Domain Name System on it's own was _never_ intended to use and understand _anything but 7bit ASCII_. But the world has grown beyond that point, so we now have UTF and IDN (International Domain Names).

If you look up the latter, you can create some very ugly looking domains which will translate easily from this form (PunyCode # RFC 3492) to DNS "compatible" names.

But in the end, no one ever really thought about how to use native non-latin chars for hostnames.

So .. mhm .. yeah, it's a bit of a fault from the leonArdo devs, but not only from them but from a "bigger problem" at all.

Btw, for what reason does leonArdo need to know how the machine he is running on is called at all in the first place?

@Jonathan, can you maybe explain that to us? I'm somewhat very critical on such stuff, cuz it is a hint to some "phone home" functionality, which should not be needed at all, except to get the precious market data log you host.

A (bigger) bit of transparency on that would be great, if not necessary.... Wink

Regards,

hacky

Cryptocurrency Mining, Gambling, Lending, Trading, Staking .. So much to do with them, since 2010!
Donations-> 1bytoroRvXLGc1FWTob5h1oH92VMdUSFi Questions? Dunno! To the moon? Mün or bust!
Lust auf klönschnack? Schau bei uns rein im Cryptotalk (D-A-CH+EU) unter https://t.me/cryptotalkgerman
hackbyte
Copper Member

Activity: 282
Merit: 111

Doing cryptocurrency stuff since 2010.

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2017, 07:15:31 AM

New here name is steve!
Is there a discord group for LeonArdo?
Any places where we can share trade setups?
And last anyone have issues connecting to bitfinex.
Cudos to johnathan he's been awesome!!!

Heya steve, as far as i know there is no discord actually, but there is a slack for leonArdo:

https://leonardough.slack.com/

Have fun,

hacky

Cryptocurrency Mining, Gambling, Lending, Trading, Staking .. So much to do with them, since 2010!
Donations-> 1bytoroRvXLGc1FWTob5h1oH92VMdUSFi Questions? Dunno! To the moon? Mün or bust!
Lust auf klönschnack? Schau bei uns rein im Cryptotalk (D-A-CH+EU) unter https://t.me/cryptotalkgerman
leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2017, 07:27:12 AM

Actually, you are right. The stop loss shouldn't have triggered and it didn't!

The bot placed the order there because you set a negative Min Effective Gain. of -2.0%. This allows the bot to make a loss of up to 2% in the hope of making further gains. This particular sell made a loss of just over a percent.

Best wishes,
Jonathan

I had an issue with the Stop-loss as well. I posted earlier in the thread and messaged you on the site in the contact form. It looks like you are missing my issue somehow?

My issue is definitely related to Stop-loss as it triggers in the log when it happens.

Please post again and provide as many details as possible.

The above message is not an issue with stop loss. It has nothing to do with it.

Jonathan

leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2017, 07:36:46 AM

I just bought Leonardo and installed it to use with BITTREX.
But before I set up the bot I want to know what happens to the open orders that I already have in Bittrex?

Leonardo imported them fine so if I start a strategy will it cancel the existing orders and set new ones?

What is the difference between starting a strategy using the option BUY and SELL?

The orders you have on bittrex will show up as active orders in leonArdo. You can then cancel or adapt them as normal. Or leave them be.

leonArdo's bots won't touch your existing orders. You have to allot the bot a certain amount and it only trades with that. So say for example you want the bot to trade with 1 ETH. You choose this amount using the slider and then start the bot in either buy or sell mode. It will start and after its order goes through switch actions. It's called swing trading. The idea is that the bot makes you money as it swings back and forth between buys and sells. It does it without emotion, unlike how we might act.

Best wishes,
Jonathan

leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2017, 07:40:56 AM

Hey everyone.

i had a few questions about leonardo:

1) is there a discord server or another means of customer discussion other than BTCtalk?
2) is the leonardo automated in the sense that if it buys and sells it will continue to do so if the parameters are met?  or is it more an aide for creating orders? 
3) can leonardo self create orders based on criteria being met when it happens, as to not tie up currency on hopeful orders?

I hope these questions make sense, as I'm sort of new to trading.

Hi Dan,

Nice to have you with us.

There is a Slack channel: https://leonardough-slack.herokuapp.com

leonArdo's bots will continue to buy and sell forever until you stop the bot. But only with the amount give have given each bot to sell with. You can set up multiple bots on multiple pairs. Even on a single currency pair you can have many bots.

Everything is possible!

Let me know if you have any more questions.

You can ask here on the thread or send a mail to support@marginsoftware.de

Best wishes,
Jonathan

Ashen One

Activity: 8

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 09:50:48 AM

Feature Request
I'm currently trading on Bittrex manually and really need a Trailing Stop Loss feature for manual trades. A simple Stop Loss that could be changed would be the minimum solution. This feature should be usable across all supported exchanges. Please add to an upgrade soon. Thanks.

Thanks for your suggestion. We will definitely add this feature soon.

Best wishes,
Jonathan

Sounds very cool. I'm looking forward to it.
I am also offering to add the thing similar to "Trailing stop" but which will help to catch the Dip instead of max High.

With these functions while getting trade signals we need only set "Trailing dip/high" and then just watch.

I think it would be great impact to manual trading in your programm. What do you think?

It seems you accidentally missed my question. So could you add this feature in the future and how soon?

Can you explain in a bit more detail how your feature would work?

Thanks!

Jonathan

There is my answer
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1467939.msg21765008#msg21765008
dan991199

Activity: 11

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 11:11:22 AM

Hey everyone.

i had a few questions about leonardo:

1) is there a discord server or another means of customer discussion other than BTCtalk?
2) is the leonardo automated in the sense that if it buys and sells it will continue to do so if the parameters are met?  or is it more an aide for creating orders? 
3) can leonardo self create orders based on criteria being met when it happens, as to not tie up currency on hopeful orders?

I hope these questions make sense, as I'm sort of new to trading.

Hi Dan,

Nice to have you with us.

There is a Slack channel: https://leonardough-slack.herokuapp.com

leonArdo's bots will continue to buy and sell forever until you stop the bot. But only with the amount give have given each bot to sell with. You can set up multiple bots on multiple pairs. Even on a single currency pair you can have many bots.

Everything is possible!

Let me know if you have any more questions.

You can ask here on the thread or send a mail to support@marginsoftware.de

Best wishes,
Jonathan

Thanks Jonathan
Amaralluis

Activity: 132
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 11:51:58 AM

Jonathan,

Are there any plans to reduce bandwidth usage of Leonardo?

It seems to me that it uses alot of data based on the monitoring of my computer.
Right now I have only 7 pairs open and it used about 20 MB in just 10 minutes or about 120MB/hour.

I think thats quite a bit of data and for folks that are on metered data plans it could be a problem.

There is no way to reduce the usage??
Amaralluis

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 02:48:45 PM

Heres a sugestion for a future version.

When stopping the bot for a pair that has sell orders (generated by the bot) it would be better if when the user selects NO if they want to cancel the existing order(S) to have them changed to Conditional (higher than) Limit sell orders (I use bittrex not sure how it works with other exchanges).

leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2017, 02:52:20 PM

https://imgur.com/a/cYT2c

Hi All,

I am trying the demo version of Leonardo and saw this this trade happen and I would like to understand why it sold at a loss.

Based on the screenshot is it possible to explain why the sale was done at a loss??

A stop loss was triggered. See the configuration (relative stop loss) on the left side of the picture.
If you have any further questions just let us know!

Rene

Maybe I am not understanding the settings for the stop loss fields but I had it set up at 5% so why did it trigger when the price was well higher than the 5% threshold?

And I just noticed that the same thing happened with the NEO Pair it sold at a loss as well i guess because of a stop loss too.
Why is this happening?

https://imgur.com/a/AKyiG

The sell order simply says it is of type Limit. Maybe a feature for future version to include Stop Loss Type sell order so that we can tell what caused the sell?

Actually, you are right. The stop loss shouldn't have triggered and it didn't!

The bot placed the order there because you set a negative Min Effective Gain. of -2.0%. This allows the bot to make a loss of up to 2% in the hope of making further gains. This particular sell made a loss of just over a percent.

Best wishes,
Jonathan

It makes sense. But is the bot supposed to stop? Because thats what happened?
But in the first picture for the ETH pair I didnt have the min gain % set up. What is the explanation for that one?

I can't explain what happened in the first image. It looks like the bot stopped a little after the sell went through. Is it possible the sell was a manual order that went through?

The bot is supposed to stop after a stop loss is triggered, but otherwise no.

Best wishes,
Jonathan

leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2017, 02:57:31 PM

Jonathan,

It seems to me that it uses alot of data based on the monitoring of my computer.
Right now I have only 7 pairs open and it used about 20 MB in just 10 minutes or about 120MB/hour.

I think thats quite a bit of data and for folks that are on metered data plans it could be a problem.

Right now no, except for limiting the number of pairs you follow. But sure, leonArdo pulls all orders and completed trades from the exchanges which can be a lot. We are moving towards using websockets which will reduced the bandwidth considerably.

Best wishes,
Jonathan

leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2017, 03:05:40 PM

It even seems to trigger the stop-loss while the market is moving up before it could have made more profit, is this some sort of bug or limit with the demo version?

I would like to buy but this Stop-loss issue is bugging me and making me rather wait till there is more stability.

It doesn't do this. Stop loss is never triggered when the "market is moving up".

Please provide the following details if you want to report an issue and send to support@marginsoftware.de

1) OS
2) Crash report if applicable
3) Description of what was happening (the more details the better). What markets/pairs were you loading or trading on?
4) Log from the offending currency pair (found in the hidden .leonArdo folder in your home directory)
5) Screenshot of situation if possible

Best wishes,
Jonathan

Amaralluis

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 04:29:04 PM
Last edit: September 13, 2017, 04:51:26 PM by Amaralluis

Jonathan,

Right now no, except for limiting the number of pairs you follow. But sure, leonArdo pulls all orders and completed trades from the exchanges which can be a lot. We are moving towards using websockets which will reduced the bandwidth considerably.

Best wishes,
Jonathan

That is good news.
But it seems to me that Leonardos usage is excessive and I am surprised that the ecxchanges have not complained about it yet.

I have been monitoring Leonardo usage for 4 hours now and It has downloaded 387MB and uploaded 42.2MB.

Something doesnt feel right.

I only have 2 bots running with 7 pairs opened and with less than 5 trades (buy/sell) completed. So why so does it upload so much data?

Zemnexx

Activity: 11

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 06:39:09 PM
Last edit: September 13, 2017, 07:13:17 PM by Zemnexx

It even seems to trigger the stop-loss while the market is moving up before it could have made more profit, is this some sort of bug or limit with the demo version?

I would like to buy but this Stop-loss issue is bugging me and making me rather wait till there is more stability.

It doesn't do this. Stop loss is never triggered when the "market is moving up".

Please provide the following details if you want to report an issue and send to support@marginsoftware.de

1) OS
2) Crash report if applicable
3) Description of what was happening (the more details the better). What markets/pairs were you loading or trading on?
4) Log from the offending currency pair (found in the hidden .leonArdo folder in your home directory)
5) Screenshot of situation if possible

Best wishes,
Jonathan

It was fairly consistent so I will reproduce the issue and send you all this info.

All sent, check it.
Amaralluis

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 07:33:40 PM

I dont know if this is possible or not but I would like to see this feature in Leonardo.

I would like to have the bot automatically stop after it completes the Limit sell that it created so I would like to see a checkbox like this "Stop BOT after completed sell"
I know that I can stop the bot anytime but that means that the limit sell in the active orders is no longer managed and it would be nice to have the bot manage it until its completed.
Amaralluis

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 07:51:29 PM
Last edit: September 13, 2017, 08:05:56 PM by Amaralluis

Jonathan,

Best wishes,
Jonathan

That is good news.
But it seems to me that Leonardos usage is excessive and I am surprised that the ecxchanges have not complained about it yet.

I have been monitoring Leonardo usage for 4 hours now and It has downloaded 387MB and uploaded 42.2MB.

Something doesnt feel right.

I only have 2 bots running with 7 pairs opened and with less than 5 trades (buy/sell) completed. So why so does it upload so much data?

Leonardo has been running for 7 hours now and it is using about 100MB of data per hour which means per day it will use 2.4GB if ran continuously 24 hours day or 72GB per month.
OUCH.

Thats alot of data for what looks like to be minimal text data, so I am curious to know what Leonardo is downloading?
The whole database everytime? Data from all the exchanges?

I have open 6 pairs and couple bots running.
I have closed them all now and only have one pair open and one bot to see what the usage is for one hour.

Is anyone else seeing this or am I the only one that has this kind of usage??
WINDYBUNS

Activity: 2

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 07:54:36 PM

anyone on bitfinex having issues with your funds show up and the disappear and over and over and over. like its loosing connection?
Pages: « 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 [87] 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 ... 246 »
  Print  

Jump to: