Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 01:46:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 [405] 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

LIR DEV

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 07:58:36 PM

Have KNC revealed how their miners connect to the internet yet? I think someone suggested it would be an ethernet connection, not wifi?

If it were an ethernet connection, how could you set up a backup?

Say you have a wifi router. And you want to set up a usb dongle as backup in case the router goes down. Is that possible to set this up via an ethernet cable?

Ethernet & USB

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bbxx

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

cryptoshark

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2013, 07:59:18 PM

4btc for 12ghs
Nobody wants them.

I can afford jupiter, but it was too risky for me to buy one and pray for roi.
I prefer investing in shares, jd investments, other asic hardware.

You could afford a Jupiter, yet you bought shares of a 5xxx order?
Wow, I guess some folks are just used to sharing their Big Mac.

i have bought shares in 5x order, below one hundred Smiley

but ok, i sold them today.
i am happy Smiley

And knc was on time, shares paid good dividends and you got nailed in the ass.
Thats my perspective anyhow

yeah wait 6 months to get 3 btc back
no thanks
soy
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 08:07:02 PM

Have KNC revealed how their miners connect to the internet yet? I think someone suggested it would be an ethernet connection, not wifi?

Say you have a wifi router. And you want to set up a usb dongle as backup in case the router goes down. Is that possible to set this up via an ethernet cable?

Ethernet & USB

Good, a USB Wifi dongle should work.
The Avenger

Activity: 798

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 08:19:56 PM

Ethernet & USB

Good, a USB Wifi dongle should work.
Oh cool, it has both  Smiley

"I am not The Avenger"
1AthxGvreWbkmtTXed6EQfjXMXXdSG7dD6
FeedbackLoop

Activity: 742

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 10:28:37 PM

777 th/s network now. 270th/s rise in one week Sad wtf is all this coming from??? At least the price of btc is rising

Bitfury, or blackmarket Bitsyncom.

Maybe this also:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=269730.40

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=248625.0;all

5 PH/s correct me if I'm wrong at the speculation board (not here):

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=285607.0
Transam808

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 10:30:50 PM

They've already added a clause saying that they will continue to sell through Dec, Jan etc if other companies add lots of to the hash power to the network (which is what is happening).
You are misinterpreting that section. They meant they'll lower price of Nov hardware to match increased difficulty, not that they'll keep shipping after Nov.

Actually i have clarified this my self with them.    Actual e-mail response from them.  The seem to plan on shipping dec-feb if other competitors are.  Witch will most likely be the case.  

"Hi,

We are in the final productions stages with our chips we cannot disclose more information at the moment in time. We are looking to drop our prices for November and orders placed in November would be expected to ship towards the end of November.

Also are looking to stop shipping in December, January and February to protect the network for our customers, However we would like to state that If any of our competitors continues to add large amounts of hashing power to the network during December, January or February. We will continue to release our devices as competitively priced as we can to protect our customers share of the network.

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate in contacting us.

Med vänlig hälsning  |  Best regards
Keith Gurnett"
soy
Legendary

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 11:09:09 PM

Should be interesting if known miner device manufacturers stop shipping and the hashrate rises anyway pointing to some unknown manufacturer's hashing devices hitting the network.
timmmers

Activity: 1176
Merit: 265

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 11:21:36 PM

Should be interesting if known miner device manufacturers stop shipping and the hashrate rises anyway pointing to some unknown manufacturer's hashing devices hitting the network.

Dude, ALL legit manufacturers devices will be hitting the network (with the probable exception of BFL).

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin

.ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..

█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.TELEGRAM
Ytterbium

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2013, 12:14:08 AM

320*1.3 =~ 433 not 520

Roi in 2020 Wink

Does being that stupid actually hurt?

vesperwillow

Activity: 616

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 12:24:33 AM

320*1.3 =~ 433 not 520

Roi in 2020 Wink

I understand where he's coming from. The original clock rate was 320. He's presuming they're talking about an additional performance on top of the original clock rate. However, that's not the case. They adjusted the stock clock rate to 400 in one of their announcements. So he's wrong in saying 320, but I can see why he thought that.

The problem with this is that it's linear thinking, you're not taking into account the efficiency increase over time. Think about how much advancement has occurred with CPU/GPU's over the past decade. Exponential is putting it lightly.

Yes there will be increase in efficiency but there's a technological wall at some point. 28nm will be pretty much the standard in months to come and that's about it. There could be 20nm but I don't see that happening for years to come. Mainly because it's not widely available and way too expensive.

But to have it double > double > double > double > double > double >double > double is impossible. Mathically/technologically wise. People don't seem to understand this.

It's like saying current CPU tech. It becomes double the speed/efficiency next year. and double again next year and double again next year. Going by the logic, by 2020, we should have 60ghz cpu with only 20w usage. lol. That's not exactly the case if you look at the benchmarks for the past few years.

Yeah that was the case back in the old days, pentium 1s but those days are over.

With bitcoin ASICs, you're already almost there at the top. Current bitcoin ASICs are not at Pentium1 levels.

It's still exponential because of quantity. Let's say they hit a wall with 28nm technology. They won't stop shipping in quantities, they will still be sold. Their price might go down some, which will encourage more sales. I say might, because not all MFG's have lowered their cost. And folks who mine altcoin can still find these useful tremendously.

This is something I don't understand. Folks are all up in arms about the systems not mining for useful profits beyond a certain point with bitcoin.. Ok? So shift your coins? I'm mining some altcoins using ASIC equipment and I'm making decent returns with them. They can be traded for fiat or, guess what, bitcoin.

Mining is a long-term thing, and with some sense, you can manage to get returns "somehow" by shifting what you're mining.

soy
Legendary

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 12:29:32 AM

Dude, ALL legit manufacturers devices will be hitting the network (with the probable exception of BFL).

Also are looking to stop shipping in December, January and February to protect the network for our customers,
jspielberg

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 12:51:07 AM
Last edit: September 02, 2013, 01:23:21 AM by jspielberg

Its going to be exponential until it isn't.

I can't tell if I am being overly optimistic or pessimistic, but I anticipate that it will be exponential while all the current 28 nm projects are still in the process of shipping out their pre-orders... so until February or March of next year.  Global network hash rate at time will likely be close to 14PH/s.  Assuming 41M daily additional difficulty gain for the linear phase (currently we are at 1.5M daily additional so about 27x more hash power will be added daily due to the newer tech available), I modeled a 400GH unit arriving in mid October generating ~ 55BTC of the next 14 months (and a 520GH unit generating ~70BTC). If received Oct.1st, the numbers looks like 75btc and 90ish (for the 520 GHs spec).

Curious how close to reality that ends up.
timmmers

Activity: 1176
Merit: 265

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 01:19:57 AM

320*1.3 =~ 433 not 520

Roi in 2020 Wink

I understand where he's coming from. The original clock rate was 320. He's presuming they're talking about an additional performance on top of the original clock rate. However, that's not the case. They adjusted the stock clock rate to 400 in one of their announcements. So he's wrong in saying 320, but I can see why he thought that.

The problem with this is that it's linear thinking, you're not taking into account the efficiency increase over time. Think about how much advancement has occurred with CPU/GPU's over the past decade. Exponential is putting it lightly.

Yes there will be increase in efficiency but there's a technological wall at some point. 28nm will be pretty much the standard in months to come and that's about it. There could be 20nm but I don't see that happening for years to come. Mainly because it's not widely available and way too expensive.

But to have it double > double > double > double > double > double >double > double is impossible. Mathically/technologically wise. People don't seem to understand this.

It's like saying current CPU tech. It becomes double the speed/efficiency next year. and double again next year and double again next year. Going by the logic, by 2020, we should have 60ghz cpu with only 20w usage. lol. That's not exactly the case if you look at the benchmarks for the past few years.

Yeah that was the case back in the old days, pentium 1s but those days are over.

With bitcoin ASICs, you're already almost there at the top. Current bitcoin ASICs are not at Pentium1 levels.

It's still exponential because of quantity. Let's say they hit a wall with 28nm technology. They won't stop shipping in quantities, they will still be sold. Their price might go down some, which will encourage more sales. I say might, because not all MFG's have lowered their cost. And folks who mine altcoin can still find these useful tremendously.

This is something I don't understand. Folks are all up in arms about the systems not mining for useful profits beyond a certain point with bitcoin.. Ok? So shift your coins? I'm mining some altcoins using ASIC equipment and I'm making decent returns with them. They can be traded for fiat or, guess what, bitcoin.

Mining is a long-term thing, and with some sense, you can manage to get returns "somehow" by shifting what you're mining.

Makes sense. Which altcoins are you mining if you don't mind me asking ?

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin

.ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..

█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.TELEGRAM
joae1975

Activity: 752

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 01:23:13 AM

Makes sense. Which altcoins are you mining if you don't mind me asking ?
zetacoin

1PewuG8KZJUPK3CtvAkAs1Uw42rQgUv5Jk
eve

Activity: 210

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 01:25:42 AM

No Chips to Show, what would their next update be? beat around the bushes
Ytterbium

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2013, 01:26:17 AM

320*1.3 =~ 433 not 520

Roi in 2020 Wink

No, the original target rate was 250.

vesperwillow

Activity: 616

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 01:27:00 AM

Its going to be exponential until it isn't.

I can't tell if I am being overly optimistic or pessimistic, but I anticipate that it will be exponential while all the current 28 nm projects are still in the process of shipping out their pre-orders... so until February or March of next year.  Global network hash rate at time will likely be close to 14PH/s.  Assuming 41M daily additional difficulty gain for the linear phase (currently we are at 1.5M daily additional so about 27x more hash power will be added daily due to the newer tech available), I modeled a 400GH unit arriving in mid October generating ~ 55BTC of the next 14 months (and a 520GH unit generating ~70BTC). If received Oct.1st, the numbers looks like 75btc and 90ish (for the 520 GHs spec).

Curious how close to reality that ends up.

It's true it won't last forever, but the severity should not be lightly taken. We're just seeing the ripple in the surface with the tsunami beneath.

The visual model I came up with long ago is essentially a modified bell curve of sorts. We're just beginning to enter the rise portion, the +3SD range. We'll pass the +2SD at the end of the year, and my prediction is the first quarter, maybe second quarter as well, of 2014 will be the +2SD to +1SD "sharp rise". At some point beyond that, once all manufacturer's backlogs are cleared out, there will be a plateau of sorts. I doubt it'll be short like a normal bell curve, but it will plateau. I predict thereafter will be a drop off at some point, but not level with the initial inclination. Likely only going beyond the 1st deviation, at which point it'll eventually go up again and will then essentially be a sine curve from then on out with slight variances.

So far my past few months of difficulty predictions (numbers) have been almost spot-on. I'm not an oracle or anything, but I have a feeling my visual model is spot-on with what will happen long term. Picture the histogram on mining.TGB as the window rolling up to the +3SD point of my curve.

As for SHA altcoins, I've been having good luck with PPCoin lately. There are other ones which folks have done well with.

320*1.3 =~ 433 not 520

Roi in 2020 Wink

No, the original target rate was 250.

And the new one is 400 ... he's still wrong

DPoS

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 01:42:26 AM

I don't buy miners in BTC, I buy them in USD. If I make more USD than I paid I have a positive return.

But you'll have more USD if you just buy the BTC and hold them. Why do you want less USD?

Don't waste your time Syke.  He is locked into a fiat mind-set, and doesn't understand that a miner's purpose is to generate more BTC than it cost in BTC... otherwise, just buy the BTC directly and come out way ahead.

So you can easily buy $14,000 or more bitcoin on credit card?  0% interest with 1% cash back?  There are more angles than you seem to present

How can you buy btc with a credit card? Say I wanted to purchase $8000 in btc with my credit card, how would I go about making that purchase in the US?

that is my point

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938

LIR DEV

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 01:46:13 AM

Gotta throw my 2c in on this...
Saturn was   175  Jupiter was 250
Saturn was   200  Jupiter was 400
Saturn now   260  Jupiter now 520.
(considering my understanding of the last announcement)
I'm pretty sure I'm interpreting the statement correctly,
Although O'rama thinks it may be otherwise...  
That interpretation makes no sense to me, because
unless there is some type of gain in the end result,
there would be no need to mention it.

With that in mind, 250 to 500+ is like...
Wow.

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
DPoS

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 01:47:33 AM

no doubt the Asgards & Anunnaki are cooking up their hashing too as we speak

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
Pages: « 1 ... 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 [405] 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: