Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 08:33:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 [358] 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
tgerring

Activity: 142
Merit: 100

Hive/Ethereum

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2013, 01:30:31 PM

I plan on mining with my Jupiter for a few weeks and then selling it for more than I paid for it. We'll see how that works out, but I can still mine with it while trying to sell, win win.

With the quickly-rising difficulty, I don't know that people will be willing to pay even purchase price... especially with manufacturers dropping price as time marches on.

Hive, a beautiful wallet for Mac OS X, now available for testing. Follow the story here.
BitcoinKit.framework and Tor.framework, now available to iOS and Mac OS X developers
Tweeting at @hivewallet. Donations appreciated at 142m1MpXHhymF4aASiWwYohe1Y55v5BQwc

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
crumbs

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 01:48:50 PM

I plan on mining with my Jupiter for a few weeks and then selling it for more than I paid for it. We'll see how that works out, but I can still mine with it while trying to sell, win win.

Polite version:

But little Mouse, you are not alone,
In proving foresight may be vain:
The best laid schemes of mice and men
Go oft awry,
And leave us not but grief and pain,
For promised joy!
--Robert Burns

Less polite version:

Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face --Mike Tyson
nightengale

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 01:55:28 PM

I'm guessing all orders up to the end of July are due for September delivery?

I have an 26XX order paid for in June and have been assured multiple times that I won't ship until October. I really wish KnC would stop being so catty about this. Shipping in mid to late October will likely kill my investment in their company. We're five days from September and we're still getting the elusive shipping begins sometime "in Spetember" message. They owe those who have invested soooo much in them some transparency at this point -- it's starting to feel disrespectful.
M4g!c

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 01:59:13 PM

Nope, for example my order is from end of June/early July and I got from KnC staff an early October shipping statement.

I personally will make my decision around mid-September, if I´m asking for refund.
In 2 weeks, I´m probably/hopefully able to make a better estimation where difficulty goes until October/November, next increase will be interesting, further I will factor in of course, which News we get from KnC within these 2 weeks.

Still possible that shipment starts until then.
I still trust these guys, can´t explain why, it´s a gut.

I was just expecting cause of the KnC "we are ahead of schedule" statement, that they will start shipping in early September tbh.
General September delivery was their first announcement for day 1 and day 2 orders, so latest date would be 30th of September.
That they are ahead as they say, means to me, they will start shipping earlier than 30th of September.

My order should be shipped cause of the saved time then already at the end of September.

Anyways, no one knows, the next 2 weeks will be really exciting ones.

-M4g!c
klovishey

Activity: 195

Selling Coupons Babie

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 02:01:32 PM

I agree, good plan. If these will be delivered in time, a lot of BTC can be mined and you will be able to sell it immediately with good price
nightengale

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 02:14:02 PM

I have an 26XX order paid for in June and have been assured multiple times that I won't ship until October. I really wish KnC would stop being so catty about this. Shipping in mid to late October will likely kill my investment in their company. We're five days from September and we're still getting the elusive shipping begins sometime "in September" message. They owe those who have invested soooo much in them some transparency at this point -- it's starting to feel disrespectful.

The transparency has always been there, you just refuse to see it because of greed and want.

Throwing insults around seems like the logical thing to do... Why you see the need to get personal here, I've no idea.

It's August 26. If KnC doesn't have any clue, at all, whether its possible to start shipping in early, middle or late September, then we all have some **big** problems. Expecting further detail from KnC is not being blinded by "greed and want", it's expecting a company that I have money invested in to have a cogent business plan, and expecting they'll transparently communicate that plan to those making an investment in their company. I don't see the strategic need for secrecy at this point, no competitors are capable of suddenly releasing their product 2-4 weeks early b/c of a more concrete timeline communication from KnC.
gkm22d

Activity: 28

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 02:15:56 PM

I agree, good plan. If these will be delivered in time, a lot of BTC can be mined and you will be able to sell it immediately with good price

Yes it is amazing what people will pay for the product in hand. I just have to sell a few days before a similar product can be shipped the day it is paid for. the end of preorders.
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 02:22:09 PM

I have an 26XX order paid for in June and have been assured multiple times that I won't ship until October. I really wish KnC would stop being so catty about this. Shipping in mid to late October will likely kill my investment in their company. We're five days from September and we're still getting the elusive shipping begins sometime "in September" message. They owe those who have invested soooo much in them some transparency at this point -- it's starting to feel disrespectful.

The transparency has always been there, you just refuse to see it because of greed and want.

Throwing insults around seems like the logical thing to do... Why you see the need to get personal here, I've no idea.

It's August 26. If KnC doesn't have any clue, at all, whether its possible to start shipping in early, middle or late September, then we all have some **big** problems. Expecting further detail from KnC is not being blinded by "greed and want", it's expecting a company that I have money invested in to have a cogent business plan, and expecting they'll transparently communicate that plan to those making an investment in their company. I don't see the strategic need for secrecy at this point, no competitors are capable of suddenly releasing their product 2-4 weeks early b/c of a more concrete timeline communication from KnC.

Clearly you don't understand what, why, or how they aim to achieve this.

They cannot give any concrete info regarding dates until they have their chips in hand, populate a prototype board, and apply a current...

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
sickpig
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 02:26:30 PM

It's August 26. If KnC doesn't have any clue, at all, whether its possible to start shipping in early, middle or late September, then we all have some **big** problems.

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=zh-CN&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fkncminer.cn%2Fnews%2Fdemo-machine-shanghai%2F

in this news posted on kncminer.cn they give us two information:

- knc have just opened an office in China
- by the end of September Knc will host a demonstration of real machine mining in its China HQ

this two piece of info seems quite valuable in my opinion, aren't they?

edit 1: fix url

Bitcoin is a participatory system which ought to respect the right of self determinism of all of its users - Gregory Maxwell.
nightengale

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 02:30:24 PM

They cannot give any concrete info regarding dates until they have their chips in hand, populate a prototype board, and apply a current...

Clearly I don't understand those things, because they haven't been communicated to me.

I like you 'rama, but there's really no need to be condescending -- that's why you run into so much dislike here on the forum. If you love KnC and want to be their cheerleader, I think that's great, but no reason to speak down to anyone else with concerns.

There doesn't seem to be a lot of room for error here. If something is wrong with the chips, they can't tape out again in less than a month. If something is wrong with the boards, I don't even know that new batches of boards can be printed that fast. I don't know what the variables are because KnC is being tight-lipped about the whole process, and I'm saying that we're close enough to the end that they could loosen up a bit.
Mota
Legendary

Activity: 804
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 02:40:04 PM

If, by any chance, there would be a delay, I expect KNC do overdeliver heavily on the GH end. Easy to say, yes, but also pretty easy to do. Wink
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 02:45:07 PM

Clearly I don't understand those things, because they haven't been communicated to me.

I like you 'rama, but there's really no need to be condescending -- that's why you run into so much dislike here on the forum. If you love KnC and want to be their cheerleader, I think that's great, but no reason to speak down to anyone else with concerns.

There doesn't seem to be a lot of room for error here. If something is wrong with the chips, they can't tape out again in less than a month. If something is wrong with the boards, I don't even know that new batches of boards can be printed that fast. I don't know what the variables are because KnC is being tight-lipped about the whole process, and I'm saying that we're close enough to the end that they could loosen up a bit.

Dude, I'm not being condescending. Honestly you read into that wrong.

I just understand the process. I want you too as well.

Clearly there is nothing more they would like to do, and we would all like them to do than say, "Right Boys, chips in hand, we estimate a 2 week turn around, and you're hashing".

But even if they know to expect a delivery soon, they cannot make such promises on delivery until they determine yield. That requires a board to be populated and electricity flowing through it. Further, then they can determine what heat issues may exist, from there they can determine how generous they can afford to be w.r.t. true power specs as opposed to remaining pessimistic.

They aren't tight lipped, unable to loosen up, they're being professional and not painting a rosey picture until it exists, unlike every other manufacturer promising, but failing to deliver as promised, on time, etc.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
nightengale

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 03:30:00 PM

Never thought I would say I understand how eve or crumbs must feel.

No one may question the great and powerful KnC... err... Oz.
rsbriggs

Activity: 427

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 03:32:50 PM

You can be questioning all you are wanting, but you not in position to be telling KNC how to running their business.  When having own business, can be doing things the way you thinking they should be doing.  But not getting to tell other businesses how to, they doing what THEY thinking is best because is their business.
dextryn

Activity: 198

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 03:34:51 PM

I would really like the Genesis Block to change their monthly calculations and base them on the difficulty jumps (bi-weekly) instead.  I know I could do it myself, but I'm lazy and it seems to make more sense to perform the calculations in those increments anyway.  
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

LIR DEV

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 03:56:52 PM
Last edit: August 26, 2013, 04:09:16 PM by Phoenix1969

I would really like the Genesis Block to change their monthly calculations and base them on the difficulty jumps (bi-weekly) instead.  I know I could do it myself, but I'm lazy and it seems to make more sense to perform the calculations in those increments anyway.  
Diffchanges are indeed based on two weeks as a base, but when 2016 blocks are found BEFORE 2 weeks, there is a rise in diff, If it took longer than 2 weeks, there would be a diff-drop. Recently, diffs have been taking 9-10 days, so For genesis to use 2 weeks as a base time wouldn't help any. It's just about as accurate as it can be...   for an educated guess...
except...
... every diffchange, the total network hashrate grows, as shown, but what is not accounted for, is that with every diffchange, it would take a vendor to deliver more & more machines to keep up with the increase rate. With that in mind, there surely will be a point at which the diff will decrease; or at least slow to a crawl...but I don't see that happening within the next few months.

Right now, using 3 diffs per month to calc is fairly accurate.

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
Zubilica

Activity: 837

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 04:12:42 PM

OMG you will kil BFL ,..nooooo
dplusf

Activity: 258
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 04:15:46 PM

Cole said. “Everything is still on track for me to have Jupiters in customers’ hands in September.” He expects to fill most of his customers’ orders in early October, and says that he should have cleared the current queue of orders by mid October.

http://www.coindesk.com/kncminer-takes-delivery-of-asic-boards/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+CoinDesk+%28CoinDesk+-+The+Voice+of+Digital+Currency%29

That sounds really really good. Lets pray for the hope of our wallets :-)
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938

LIR DEV

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 04:41:22 PM
Last edit: August 26, 2013, 05:08:36 PM by Phoenix1969

OMG you will kil BFL ,..nooooo
I'm really "broken up" about that.... really
BFL customers are like deaf folks chasing a fake c-note in the wind... You can tell them all day it's not as advertised, they won't listen, because they can't.
I tried to tell them back in April the products wouldn't be caught up this year...
"They will begin shipping in Two Weeks"... Hahahahah
It's like, how many times do you need to be lied to before you see they were lying?
And now; Monarch.
They never once mentioned a "Bull run" or deliveries in Jan/Feb until they had a sufficient amount of folks duped into "Upgrading".  It was all "November/December" shipping". Now, It's February!!???
It jumped from November, to February, that's 4 friggin months gap!!!
Enough time to redesign a whole new chip to run!
BFL has truly shown themselves to be dishonest in almost every aspect.
Not even a caveman could be wrong 100% of the time, so how was/is BFL?
I'll tell you....  LIARS, CHEATERS & MANIPULATORS. Simple as that.
In the shoutbox, BFL customers are like a pit of Vipers in denial.
Imagine you ordered a mini-rig in June/July 2013.(See I must add the year)
Now you'd be faced with upgrade to Monarch, or total loss.
This is the type of tactics they employ.
I'ts an age-old tactic taught in Business 101, called "Bait & Switch."
I hope BFL gets their pants sued off, they deserve it imho for what they did so so many kids & adults alike.

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
samo

Activity: 46

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 05:06:24 PM

Cole said. “Everything is still on track for me to have Jupiters in customers’ hands in September.” He expects to fill most of his customers’ orders in early October, and says that he should have cleared the current queue of orders by mid October.

http://www.coindesk.com/kncminer-takes-delivery-of-asic-boards/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+CoinDesk+%28CoinDesk+-+The+Voice+of+Digital+Currency%29

That sounds really really good. Lets pray for the hope of our wallets :-)

Yup ,we know from what he stated it wont be early September so were looking at mid/late September delivery.

“It won’t be at the beginning of September, I’ll tell you that,” Cole said. “Everything is still on track for me to have Jupiters in customers’ hands in September."

Its getting close to crunch time, good times.
Pages: « 1 ... 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 [358] 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: