Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 03:08:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 [359] 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049421 times)
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 05:16:44 PM

scared money don't make money interesting seeing the people squirm at the chance of KNC being late when we all knew there was a 90% chance of them doing so.

Good news is that with difficulty sky rocketing btc has been stable.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

LIR DEV

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 05:17:23 PM

Cole said. “Everything is still on track for me to have Jupiters in customers’ hands in September.” He expects to fill most of his customers’ orders in early October, and says that he should have cleared the current queue of orders by mid October.

http://www.coindesk.com/kncminer-takes-delivery-of-asic-boards/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+CoinDesk+%28CoinDesk+-+The+Voice+of+Digital+Currency%29

That sounds really really good. Lets pray for the hope of our wallets :-)

Yup ,we know from what he stated it wont be early September so were looking at mid/late September delivery.

“It won’t be at the beginning of September, I’ll tell you that,” Cole said. “Everything is still on track for me to have Jupiters in customers’ hands in September."

Its getting close to crunch time, good times.

Exactly, good man.

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
joae1975

Activity: 752
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 05:38:30 PM

Cole said. “Everything is still on track for me to have Jupiters in customers’ hands in September.” He expects to fill most of his customers’ orders in early October, and says that he should have cleared the current queue of orders by mid October.

http://www.coindesk.com/kncminer-takes-delivery-of-asic-boards/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+CoinDesk+%28CoinDesk+-+The+Voice+of+Digital+Currency%29

Yup ,we know from what he stated it wont be early September so were looking at mid/late September delivery.

“It won’t be at the beginning of September, I’ll tell you that,” Cole said. “Everything is still on track for me to have Jupiters in customers’ hands in September."

In customers hands in September. WOW!  I'm so nervous I'll miss the UPS guy!!!  I'll have to drive to the warehouse and make them find it.  I'm never home for UPS, ugh!!  So nervous! 

1PewuG8KZJUPK3CtvAkAs1Uw42rQgUv5Jk
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1063

Gerald Davis

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 05:53:36 PM
Last edit: August 26, 2013, 07:19:25 PM by DeathAndTaxes

In customers hands in September. WOW!  I'm so nervous I'll miss the UPS guy!!!  I'll have to drive to the warehouse and make them find it.  I'm never home for UPS, ugh!!  So nervous!  

If you have a UPS store in your area (or neighbor you trust) you can use "My UPS" (on UPS website) to redirect a package.  There is a fee, I think it is $5.  You need to signup but you can't redirect a package until you have the tracking number.  If interested I would sign up now to avoid any problems.  The bad news is sometimes I have found you either can't redirect a package or it will show the redirect won't arrive until the next morning.  Not sure if this is an option set by the shipper.  Last time I used it was over a year ago so maybe it is better now.

If you really want to be sure open a PO Box at a UPS store and update your delivery address with KNC.  The UPS store will sign for any packages (not just UPS but any carrier including USPS) and send you a text message when you have a package.  You can get the smallest box because they will sign and hold packages of any size.  You never have to worry about not being there to sign packages or packages going missing from your front porch.  Given the value of one day of mining in Sept it might be worth it to ensure you get the package first day.

In hindsight this post looks like a UPS infomercial.  To counter balance the pro-UPS hype here is a spoof of UPS (why you always seem to miss the UPS guy).  http://www.collegehumor.com/video/6381207/how-ups-deliveries-actually-work
The Avenger

Activity: 798

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 07:03:09 PM

KNC are a funny bunch. They won't tell their customers - who have spent millions of dollars - when they expect to deliver. But they will tell some crappy news website Grin

"I am not The Avenger"
1AthxGvreWbkmtTXed6EQfjXMXXdSG7dD6
jelin1984
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 07:10:00 PM

i will make also a company
i will take your money with pre-order
and then i will go for holidays to vegas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

come on guys
does any good lawyer here at forum
to stop all these companies
THEY HAD TAKE OUR MONEYS
timmmers

Activity: 1176
Merit: 265

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 07:12:56 PM

I'm guessing all orders up to the end of July are due for September delivery?

I have an 26XX order paid for in June and have been assured multiple times that I won't ship until October. I really wish KnC would stop being so catty about this. Shipping in mid to late October will likely kill my investment in their company. We're five days from September and we're still getting the elusive shipping begins sometime "in Spetember" message. They owe those who have invested soooo much in them some transparency at this point -- it's starting to feel disrespectful.

The transparency has always been there, you just refuse to see it because of greed and want.

No, not greed ..our decision to order a rig was based on estimates of many and various things, one of which was how trustworthy and competent KnC were...almost everything else has turned out to be bad for our situation even if KnC deliver as they said, difficulty particularly. When money and/or business is concerned the bottom line is never to stick to an investment that you needn't and lose money. These machines do one thing, make money. If they lose money then regardless of how KnC perform we aren't greedy to see a loss and walk away. It's common sense.
Some may not, some people may look upon the whole thing differently and stick with it.

KnC said from the get go that they weren't going for a massive customer base, more for quality and ROI for a smaller group that they could support. That part of their promise is a massive fail / lie even now...you don't need a referal system to keep something the way they implied they wanted, they are going balls out for sales until and after such sales will benefit any customers, and as has been already said here...people who find their rig cost them thousands more than the guy who came late to the party by a week...that's going to hurt. Instant devaluation of something you bought within a week..that's nasty. Unless you can think of another brand new in the box item that isn't worth the price you paid a week later because the manufacturer sells them for so much less than you paid?

I think they have a solid company and are maybe going to prove themselves the best supplier...but still they have no chance in this market and nor do we. Greed IS involved...the whole ASIC revolution was greed, and it's the goose that sat on the golden egg and destroyed it for most miners.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin

.ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..

█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.TELEGRAM
Tsukene

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 07:16:51 PM

I have an 26XX order paid for in June and have been assured multiple times that I won't ship until October. I really wish KnC would stop being so catty about this. Shipping in mid to late October will likely kill my investment in their company. We're five days from September and we're still getting the elusive shipping begins sometime "in Spetember" message. They owe those who have invested soooo much in them some transparency at this point -- it's starting to feel disrespectful.

The transparency has always been there, you just refuse to see it because of greed and want.

No, not greed ..our decision to order a rig was based on estimates of many and various things, one of which was how trustworthy and competent KnC were...almost everything else has turned out to be bad for our situation even if KnC deliver as they said, difficulty particularly. When money and/or business is concerned the bottom line is never to stick to an investment that you needn't and lose money. These machines do one thing, make money. If they lose money then regardless of how KnC perform we aren't greedy to see a loss and walk away. It's common sense.
Some may not, some people may look upon the whole thing differently and stick with it.

KnC said from the get go that they weren't going for a massive customer base, more for quality and ROI for a smaller group that they could support. That part of their promise is a massive fail / lie even now...you don't need a referal system to keep something the way they implied they wanted, they are going balls out for sales until and after such sales will benefit any customers, and as has been already said here...people who find their rig cost them thousands more than the guy who came late to the party by a week...that's going to hurt. Instant devaluation of something you bought within a week..that's nasty. Unless you can think of another brand new in the box item that isn't worth the price you paid a week later because the manufacturer sells them for so much less than you paid?

I think they have a solid company and are maybe going to prove themselves the best supplier...but still they have no chance in this market and nor do we. Greed IS involved...the whole ASIC revolution was greed, and it's the goose that sat on the golden egg and destroyed it for most miners.

Don't blame KnC because of the network.. Do you have any idea how many orders have been paid for through KnC? Not that many compared to others..

You made a decision to pre-order like the rest of us. Not knowing what the network would be like when the rigs were completed would (Should) have been part of the decision. There is no reason to be on the forums ranting about KnC.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful:
34qMeWBdbF47TH65SzWg9iva4M6KvWGPD2
Thanks in advance Smiley
greenbtc

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 07:17:08 PM

KNC are a funny bunch. They won't tell their customers - who have spent millions of dollars - when they expect to deliver. But they will tell some crappy news website Grin

Seems like a good way to keep the rumor mill from blowing up.

I think this is how most professional companies would've approached it as well as it announces it to all their customers at once, rather than telling one customer one thing and the next another.
timmmers

Activity: 1176
Merit: 265

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 07:23:01 PM

Don't blame KnC because of the network.. Do you have any idea how many orders have been paid for through KnC? Not that many compared to others..

You made a decision to pre-order like the rest of us. Not knowing what the network would be like when the rigs were completed would (Should) have been part of the decision. There is no reason to be on the forums ranting about KnC.

Who's ranting you knob? Can you read at all? Or do you just see the bits that suit you? Balance grasshopper...see it all. I can't even be arsed to point out what a dickhead reply that was.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin

.ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..

█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.TELEGRAM
freakying99

Activity: 429
Merit: 250

Pythagoras and Plato are my brothers.

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 07:27:37 PM

i will make also a company
i will take your money with pre-order
and then i will go for holidays to vegas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

come on guys
does any good lawyer here at forum
to stop all these companies
THEY HAD TAKE OUR MONEYS

It is everyone decision if he want to play preorder game.
I dont so I dont risk.
The Avenger

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 07:44:28 PM

I think this is how most professional companies would've approached it as well as it announces it to all their customers at once, rather than telling one customer one thing and the next another.
Very true. But it's something they could put in their newsletter if the are certain they will ship mid Sept and clear all orders in 3 weeks. It would put customers minds at ease to know this.

"I am not The Avenger"
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 07:47:33 PM

“Margins upon margins upon margins is what we do,” said Sam Cole, co-founder of KnCMiner, explaining his design philosophy. “There is wriggle room for lots of things.”

The board has been overspecced by 30-40% for extra heat and power consumption, according to Cole. This could enable the chip to be overclocked, he adds.

The company is still on track to receive its chips in September. “It won’t be at the beginning of September, I’ll tell you that,” Cole said. “Everything is still on track for me to have Jupiters in customers’ hands in September.” He expects to fill most of his customers’ orders in early October, and says that he should have cleared the current queue of orders by mid October.

Timmers, when I met the, KnC were well aware competition would be hot on their heels and they would have to be ready for that. They had the foresight to hit 28nm, play the safely, safely approach to promises to a burnt audience and predict that 400gh/s+ would be required for Jupiter.

You will bet more than 400gh/s out of Jupiter, they will be on time.

What they didn't predict was that neither BFL or Avalon would be. Actually scrap that they thought BFL would deliver more than they have by September, but no one foresaw Bitsyncom royally screwing over the entire community.

This is not a company lying about specs or proposed delivery time to gamble your funds. They have offered you a full refund the entire way. No one else does that. They have a design firm that owns the largest opensource IC community on the net, and over ten years of FPGA and ASIC design. No one else has that.

I'm not fussed until the end of Sept, then I'll start chewing my nails, but not because I won't see my cash again, either way this goes, I'm cool, no other company gives you the chance to relax this much, so enjoy the ride.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Gerald Davis

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 07:47:41 PM

Very true. But it's something they could put in their newsletter if the are certain they will ship mid Sept and clear all orders in 3 weeks. It would put customers minds at ease to know this.

They don't intend to clear all orders in three weeks.  They indicated they would clear all orders by the end of October.  Just thought I would help you out so early October you don't later claim they are keeping things from you. 
The Avenger

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 07:55:08 PM
Last edit: August 26, 2013, 08:05:37 PM by The Avenger

They don't intend to clear all orders in three weeks.  They indicated they would clear all orders by the end of October.  Just thought I would help you out so early October you don't later claim they are keeping things from you.  
You appear to be an idiot. Just thought I'd help you with your poor eyesight:

The company is still on track to receive its chips in September. “It won’t be at the beginning of September, I’ll tell you that,” Cole said. “Everything is still on track for me to have Jupiters in customers’ hands in September.” He expects to fill most of his customers’ orders in early October, and says that he should have cleared the current queue of orders by mid October.

This means that he is planning to have sufficient capacity to fulfill all current orders within a three-week period.

"I am not The Avenger"
DPoS

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 07:58:59 PM

Hilarious everyone trying to get others to jump ship to give themselves better position

Round and round same shit slung every hour

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 08:04:08 PM

Hilarious everyone trying to get others to jump ship to give themselves better position

Round and round same shit slung every hour

Agreed the reason I campaigned for secured payment, was so I wouldn't have to deal with the emotional anguish of FUD being spread, and it potential effect on me.

That said for those entangled with companies not offering secured payment, they have every reason to shit themselves...

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Gerald Davis

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 08:09:07 PM
Last edit: August 26, 2013, 08:23:35 PM by DeathAndTaxes

<snipped big bold annoying letter>

Not sure how you take "in September" (but not "early september") to "mid October" as a maximum of three weeks.

It could certainly be 3 weeks, 4 weeks, 5 weeks, even 6 weeks.   Sept 10 to Oct 22nd would meet the loose definition in the article and would be 6 weeks.  It would also not contradict prior statements by the company.  I am not saying it IS 6 weeks or that it CAN'T be 3 weeks. I am simply say you are assuming something not stated by the company.  

My guess is if it ends up taking >21 days from the first order you will once again jump on your 3 week assumption in early Oct, and complain you were mislead, despite it never being promised by the company.

Simple version:
The only person claiming all orders will be shipped in three weeks is you.
The Avenger

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 08:13:04 PM

your 3 week assumption in early Oct
You can't read. Or you are an idiot. Or a troll. In any case, you are ignored.

"I am not The Avenger"
AFox

Activity: 539
Merit: 517

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 08:26:02 PM

http://kncminer.cn/news/demo-machine-shanghai/

FROM GOOGLE TRANSLATOR:
We will present you a genuine Shanghai Machine
In the end of September, we will present you in Shanghai genuine machine, then you will be able to experience the performance of the mining machine.

So ... Will KNC send the miners from China to the costumers ? Or will they be sent from Sweden ?

My lucky BTC address : 1LoTTerY3WYbGxVRHvh8oDudDdTxFvvqWF
Pages: « 1 ... 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 [359] 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: