Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 08:21:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 [407] 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049439 times)
Anenome5

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 09:06:32 AM

You want these devices to be profitable longer? Find ways to make bitcoin more generally accepted.
Believe it or not, the single greatest way to drive acceptance is for the price to rise considerably.

There's no one way to achieve that.

Democracy is the original 51% attack.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 09:15:08 AM
Last edit: September 02, 2013, 09:29:07 AM by Bitcoinorama

You want these devices to be profitable longer? Find ways to make bitcoin more generally accepted.
Believe it or not, the single greatest way to drive acceptance is for the price to rise considerably.

Price stabililty is more important than price rise for the general public.

The single way to drive acceptance is accessibility.

Accessibility for the general public to exchange fiat to crypto, as well as vice versa, and known retailer adoption is the greatest hurdle.

That's incidentally the area where the greatest profits to be made are. Innovating BTC as a mainstream currency, and payment mechanism. Mining is just pluging in a box and casual maintence, even that can be outsourced. Which is why ASIC mining profit margins will always go the way of GPU mining. The people who don't get that are disolusioned by the calculators formally touted by Butterfly Labs, and Bitsyncom. They dream of giving up work and living off mining profits which is nuts. Whilst profit exists margins will be squeezed closer to that of electricity expenidture incurred. It's never going to be that easy to profit, or that unnoticed. Likewise those brandishing the Genesis Block calc are propose equally unrealistc and untenable multiplications of network hashrate over more than a few months, where upon it will level out. There's no compounding, there will be no gradual increases, just spikes and levelling as and when manufacturers start shipping stock. The gradual rise comes from when products will eventually be sold from stock, when, and if that happens.

Price rise only positively affects holders at the time of the rise itself. Wink

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
noodle73

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 09:36:45 AM

[/quote]

[/quote]

I'm with you on that one - people are more comfortable using a currency if they have a good gut feel about what it's worth. Bitcoin is such a moving target from one month to the next at the moment - you can go on holiday and by the time you come back it's value has changed 50%. I also don't think a coin where one unit is worth several hundred dollars is doing itself any favours either. Suddenly you're talking about needing to get your heads around transactions of 0.05 or, 0.005 (where those sums actually have a real value) and it just looks so different to what you find in the fiat world. If this was the stock market, they'd just do a share split to keep the numbers down - can't do that with Bitcoin. Will it put me off? No but I do think it will slow down mass adoption.
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 10:00:54 AM

I'm with you on that one - people are more comfortable using a currency if they have a good gut feel about what it's worth. Bitcoin is such a moving target from one month to the next at the moment - you can go on holiday and by the time you come back it's value has changed 50%. I also don't think a coin where one unit is worth several hundred dollars is doing itself any favours either. Suddenly you're talking about needing to get your heads around transactions of 0.05 or, 0.005 (where those sums actually have a real value) and it just looks so different to what you find in the fiat world. If this was the stock market, they'd just do a share split to keep the numbers down - can't do that with Bitcoin. Will it put me off? No but I do think it will slow down mass adoption.

Ya, but that will invesitably becomeknown as Satoshis, one Bitcoin will yield a millionairesque status, and thus a denomination to aspire to, as opposed to spend...

(potentially)

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
anykeywhy

Activity: 392

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 10:10:13 AM

...so, quite all of you are saying that I should finalize my two june KNC pre-orders (1 Jupiter + 1 Saturn), both #15xx orders ;P ;P ;P ?!?!?!?!?!

It isn't right?!?!? Grin

cheers!!! Smiley
-anykeywhy-
FeedbackLoop

Activity: 742

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 10:12:46 AM

...so, quite all of you are saying that I should finalize my two june KNC pre-orders (1 Jupiter + 1 Saturn), both #15xx orders ;P ;P ;P ?!?!?!?!?!

It isn't right?!?!? Grin

cheers!!! Smiley
-anykeywhy-

Unfilled pre-orders are not valid anymore. You had a bit over a week to do that in June.
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 10:20:40 AM

I agree, in the exchange ratio sense. This experiment has to be multi pronged or it's going to fail. One way that is already organically evolving is as a reserve currency, which makes mining important in both the near and long term. Right now the world has basically three reserve currencies (0ne of them is a category), and two of the three are on precarious grounds. Those three are The US dollar, the Euro, and precious metals. Of the three, given current economic conditions, precious metals are the least liquid but the most likely to retain their perceived value.

Bitcoin is poised to be in this category, as demonstrated by Cyprus. People in that crisis perceived the bitcoin to be safer than dollars or euros due to it's inability to be easily confiscated by a central "authority". This should be capitalized upon.

However, for that to be valid, it ALSO needs to become more widely used. I also think LiteCoin is well positioned in this as well, for smaller purchases. The many and various altcoins besides these, while interesting and possibly profitable in their own right, are at least currently peripheral to these two.

Rising value against fiat helps this, but the wild roller coaster does not. The more things that are INITIALLY priced in BTC or LTC, the less of a roller coaster it will be. A relatively steady deflation is good for the currency, a rocketship parabola is not.

I do not profess to have all the answers. Not even many of them, just a good knowledge of how hard currency and soft currency has performed historically. Bitcoin is a different species of currency, with elements of both the hard and soft, therefore it is well positioned, with enough backing, to replace or seriously compete with existing currencies IF we can get more people to accept it. Both as exchange for goods and service and as a store of value. The fact of it's scarcity, even though artificial, helps both sides of this equation.
anykeywhy

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 10:45:36 AM

It isn't right?!?!? Grin

cheers!!! Smiley
-anykeywhy-

Unfilled pre-orders are not valid anymore. You had a bit over a week to do that in June.

My orders are still valid and in the order number queue... (plus: as KNC stated, they also have can satisfy other added orders in-time..)
If you have any SURE/VERIFIED news, please report it back and I will thank you! Wink

cheers! Smiley
Miner538

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2013, 10:50:55 AM

It isn't right?!?!? Grin

cheers!!! Smiley
-anykeywhy-

My orders are still valid and in the order number queue... (plus: as KNC stated, they also have can satisfy other added orders in-time..)
If you have any SURE/VERIFIED news, please report it back and I will thank you! Wink

cheers! Smiley

As far as i know you have to pay the full order for it to be shipped, and the que is based on paid orders.
Thank god ive paid for mine already
demonmaestro

Activity: 574

Mining for the hell of it.

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 10:52:06 AM

Everybody on this board cracks me up. Keep up the good work KNC and lets see some miners.  Cool

Feel Like Donating? bc1q0v5nfdejapffewu67gft7zw7zsmnfmmkt3lf02
Buy/Sell BitCoin & LiteCoin  Click here! | Looking for a great exchange? CoinBase Has you covered.
crumbs

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 11:01:06 AM

This is another reason why myself and others keep saying we haven't fully begun to enter the actual difficulty rise. CT is supposed to be shipping 2,000+ TH in one month, KNC is far above that, and so on/so forth. Leaps and bounds above current difficulty.

Im sceptical here, they might deliver so much in one month, but who will buy it after the price will be near production costs and way below ROI for minner ?

The only people who worry about ROI are those who are mining bicoin purely for profit. In every thread on the hardware forum people are constantly whining about their precious ROI. My suggestion is instead of acting like parasitic profiteers, ask yourself 'how could I help further the bitcoin community?' The obvious answer from most people might be that without miners there is no bitcoin, which is true to some extent. But it seems a large proportion of profiteers cannot see past their own greed. My suggestion is that while bitcoin is still in its infancy try to educate and implement bitcoin wherever you can. Would you rather have a bubble driven currency? Or a currency that people will see as the standard?

You want a money system to succeed based on ... altruism?
Drink up!

MargaretsDream

Activity: 162

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 11:04:31 AM

untill now knc
have delay
because no real photo of chips
and only a word that he will sent at end of will be ready

knc will be out of time for sure

Put your money where your mouth is:

http://bitbet.us/bet/472/kncminer-will-deliver-asic-devices-before-october-1st/

It surprises me there is lil more no bets considering such optimism here
anykeywhy

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 11:16:59 AM

It isn't right?!?!? Grin

cheers!!! Smiley
-anykeywhy-

cheers! Smiley

As far as i know you have to pay the full order for it to be shipped, and the que is based on paid orders.

I've contacted KNC to solve any doubt!!! Wink They stated that they would alert customers when purchased goods payment should become DONE, then give us one week to finalize the payment!!!  Wink 

I'll report back as soon as I will receive reply from KNC!!!
cheers! Smiley
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1017

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 11:17:12 AM

untill now knc
have delay
because no real photo of chips
and only a word that he will sent at end of will be ready

knc will be out of time for sure

Put your money where your mouth is:

http://bitbet.us/bet/472/kncminer-will-deliver-asic-devices-before-october-1st/

It surprises me there is lil more no bets considering such optimism here

That's called "hedging".

CMMPro

Activity: 588

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 01:13:09 PM

It isn't right?!?!? Grin

cheers!!! Smiley
-anykeywhy-

cheers! Smiley

I've contacted KNC to solve any doubt!!! Wink They stated that they would alert customers when purchased goods payment should become DONE, then give us one week to finalize the payment!!!  Wink 

I'll report back as soon as I will receive reply from KNC!!!
cheers! Smiley

I had an early June preorder and because I was away out of country I missed the payment date by 2-3 days....and sorry I was told to reorder and my order would be placed at the end of the line. I had an order in the first few hundred...if they honour your unpaid June preorder...myself and I'm sure many others will lose their shit on them.

GreenDefender

Activity: 271

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 01:41:17 PM

Store Update

As mentioned in our former newsletters, we are aware of the service we provide to our customers.

Previously we promised to set a precedent in protecting our customers’ share of the network.

Due to your overwhelming support, and part availability, we are forced to announce all new sales will now be delivered from mid-November on wards. 

All current paid orders will be shipped no later than October 15th.

All new sales will reflect our November price point of;

·         Jupiter at $4,995

·         Saturn at $2,995

Mercury has now been discontinued.

There currently exist a few unpaid orders which are marked for October delivery. If these orders remain unpaid, they will become available for purchase again, unless payment is received. The devices will then be added back into our site on a daily bases. The same procedure will also be in place for refunded orders. So keep an eye on our site for any October deliveries.

Furthermore to reduce any concerns regarding loyalty, of course we intend to acknowledge all customers that have supported us. You will all be given preferential treatment with our future generation devices.

We will not forget the support you have given us.

Thanks,

KnCMiner Team
timmmers

Activity: 1176
Merit: 265

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 01:44:43 PM

Just got that myself. Makes me wonder if we can buy modules to upgrade rigs and how much they'd cost?

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin

.ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..

█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.TELEGRAM
thomashrev89

Activity: 190

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 01:45:31 PM

You will all be given preferential treatment with our future generation devices.

Cool

Vedran Yoweri

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 01:49:48 PM

Great confidence building words. I Like.
tgerring

Activity: 142

Hive/Ethereum

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2013, 01:52:45 PM

Furthermore to reduce any concerns regarding loyalty, of course we intend to acknowledge all customers that have supported us. You will all be given preferential treatment with our future generation devices.

We will not forget the support you have given us.

Thanks,

KnCMiner Team

orly?! tell me more...

Hive, a beautiful wallet for Mac OS X, now available for testing. Follow the story here.
BitcoinKit.framework and Tor.framework, now available to iOS and Mac OS X developers
Tweeting at @hivewallet. Donations appreciated at 142m1MpXHhymF4aASiWwYohe1Y55v5BQwc
Pages: « 1 ... 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 [407] 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: