Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:21:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 [422] 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
demonmaestro

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

Mining for the hell of it.

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 07:34:22 PM

110 plug

220 plug

There is a couple different plugs for 220v usually its 3 or 4 prong plugs

This for for

Feel Like Donating? bc1q0v5nfdejapffewu67gft7zw7zsmnfmmkt3lf02
Buy/Sell BitCoin & LiteCoin  Click here! | Looking for a great exchange? CoinBase Has you covered.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
klee
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 07:56:10 PM

Rule No1 - You don't plan in Bitcoinland without taking in account the psychofat boy Karpeles!
He used the same trick twice - some idiots never learn their lesson.

He pumps LTC with a stupid tweet, he cashes out for USD while BTC crashes at his site and he saves his bitcoin reserves who probably went dangerously low from his withdrawal issue...

That's why I will never plan again long term with Bitcoin - ROI and bullshit, he f@cked as so many times!
Terrahash was a black hole - I hope the dump will end for people here so you will not get burned too, I seriously mean it guys...
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 08:32:52 PM

actually O'rama, we (Americans) have both 110 & 220 installed in most households. Just the 220 is usually used for large appliances, like ovens & driers, also come with a plug end(pigtail) the size of a small fist....lol

I never knew. That said though our (EU) voltage (especially Germany) is a lot more flexible, you can step a lot higher, but I doubt people will want to turn their houses into datacentres in the long run. If you do you could prob host other peoples kit, which would be a business in itself...
I could be mistaken, but I'm thinking 60hz could step higher than 50?
But of course we have 3 phase vs. ?  Not that this matters any....

My dad is an electrician, so I grew up around this stuff. 50 Hz doesn't make a lot of difference as far as stepping up or down, but it is safer to handle , as your heart also runs at about 60Hz. Still  a bad idea to make yourself part of the circuit Tongue

At any rate, there is just as much flexibility in the USA as in EU, just depends on how you want to install it. In a house or shop that you own, you can get pretty much any power configuration you desire if you have the resources to have it properly installed. In a rental you're pretty well stuck with 220/110. And, unfortunately, most residences have a 200 amp service, so you can't expand a hell of a lot without getting your panel and meter replaced (or a second setup installed).

What I"ve seen being a bigger issue is the incredible variance in generated power in the US. In most of the western states it's pretty clean, and tends to run 3-5 volts RMS above rated. In some of the midwest and the eastern states, I have put a meter on the wall and over a period of an hour seen a +/- variance of up to 30 percent. That will let the smoke out of your electronics. It is well worth the money to get a UPS and very good line spike protection when dealing with potentially sensitive electronics. Line power hasn't gotten any better, but electronics have gotten tougher over the last decade. ASIC mining manchines are likely NOT up to consumer grade standards. Don't let a utility company kill your investment.
kingcoin

Activity: 262
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 08:41:25 PM

Hopefully OrSoC have all their DRAM in stock for their SO-DIMM embedded Linux systems:

The Korean press reports that a huge explosion and fire in Hynix's fabrication plants 1 and 2 in China may put DRAM shipments on hold for the foreseeable future. Hynix is responsible for about 30% of the world's DRAM production.

More on: http://news.idg.no/cw/art.cfm?id=1F7BAFAD-A8EA-72BF-E41ABEB0A9EB98B9
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938

LIR DEV

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 08:42:02 PM

Power factor correction caps are a really good idea to smooth things out, and save up to 25% on your electric bill.. Smiley
http://es.eaton.com/PowerFactorROI/index.html

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
MrHempstock

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

"Don't worry. My career died after Batman, too."

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 08:45:34 PM

actually O'rama, we (Americans) have both 110 & 220 installed in most households. Just the 220 is usually used for large appliances, like ovens & driers, also come with a plug end(pigtail) the size of a small fist....lol

I never knew. That said though our (EU) voltage (especially Germany) is a lot more flexible, you can step a lot higher, but I doubt people will want to turn their houses into datacentres in the long run. If you do you could prob host other peoples kit, which would be a business in itself...
I could be mistaken, but I'm thinking 60hz could step higher than 50?
But of course we have 3 phase vs. ?  Not that this matters any....

My dad is an electrician, so I grew up around this stuff. 50 Hz doesn't make a lot of difference as far as stepping up or down, but it is safer to handle , as your heart also runs at about 60Hz. Still  a bad idea to make yourself part of the circuit Tongue

At any rate, there is just as much flexibility in the USA as in EU, just depends on how you want to install it. In a house or shop that you own, you can get pretty much any power configuration you desire if you have the resources to have it properly installed. In a rental you're pretty well stuck with 220/110. And, unfortunately, most residences have a 200 amp service, so you can't expand a hell of a lot without getting your panel and meter replaced (or a second setup installed).

What I"ve seen being a bigger issue is the incredible variance in generated power in the US. In most of the western states it's pretty clean, and tends to run 3-5 volts RMS above rated. In some of the midwest and the eastern states, I have put a meter on the wall and over a period of an hour seen a +/- variance of up to 30 percent. That will let the smoke out of your electronics. It is well worth the money to get a UPS and very good line spike protection when dealing with potentially sensitive electronics. Line power hasn't gotten any better, but electronics have gotten tougher over the last decade. ASIC mining manchines are likely NOT up to consumer grade standards. Don't let a utility company kill your investment.

This is along the lines of what I said awhile back - surge suppression and line filtration will be magnanimously better than insurance alone. But very well put!

BTCitcointalk 1%ers manipulate the currency and deceive its user community.
astutiumRob

Activity: 201

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2013, 08:48:20 PM

So it seems that HMRC do have a view on BTC apparently (http://www.coindesk.com/hmrc-uk-bitcoin-exchanges-dont-have-to-register-under-money-laundering-regulations/), who'd have thought it - very progressive Wink. No word on VAT
The VAT situation is incredibly simple for good/services sold in BTC, it's just any other non-local currency.

www.astutium.com - domains | hosting | vps | servers | cloud - proud to accept bitcoins. UK colocation for BFL and KNC ASICs in Tier3+ DC
Register Domains with BTC
Want to make some bitcoins ? Miner on ebay | Buy GH/s
kingcoin

Activity: 262

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 08:48:43 PM

Hopefully OrSoC have all their DRAM in stock for their SO-DIMM embedded Linux systems:

The Korean press reports that a huge explosion and fire in Hynix's fabrication plants 1 and 2 in China may put DRAM shipments on hold for the foreseeable future. Hynix is responsible for about 30% of the world's DRAM production.

Nothing to worry about says Hynix: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/09/04/dont_panic_says_hynix_china_fab_explosion_is_no_big_deal/
bobsag3

Activity: 546

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 09:02:52 PM

We'll all be sending our miners to data centres in Russia at this rate - Russia 2.4 to 9.58 c/kw according to Wikipedia

I was able to find space mainland USA with 2c offpeak & 3.5 cent peak rates, which is where the miners are going...
Yes, it means I have to fly there initially.

Where were you able to find it so low? Please tell... Been looking myself and the lowest i've found is @ .08/kwh..
I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you. Keep looking, you should be able to find it.
I thought I was smart finding it, only to find other miners already there. That's the best I can do for now under NDA.
damn you! now I have to search the internet for hours before pm'ing you with the question with whom you have the nda!
Its really not that hard.. I have .089-.041 around by me for all my miners Tongue
Ytterbium

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2013, 09:04:58 PM

Rule No1 - You don't plan in Bitcoinland without taking in account the psychofat boy Karpeles!

He pumps LTC with a stupid tweet, he cashes out for USD while BTC crashes at his site and he saves his bitcoin reserves who probably went dangerously low from his withdrawal issue...

That's why I will never plan again long term with Bitcoin - ROI and bullshit, he f@cked as so many times!
Terrahash was a black hole - I hope the dump will end for people here so you will not get burned too, I seriously mean it guys...

MtGox is becoming less and less relevant.

as your heart also runs at about 60Hz.

You... might want to think about that for a couple seconds.

Or see a doctor.

klee
Legendary

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 09:15:37 PM

Fortunately it seems so - but I am still cautious. The latest LTC manipulation was so canny...
crumbs

Activity: 210

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 09:21:37 PM

Or see a doctor.

Hummingbird with a meth problem?
klee
Legendary

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 09:23:41 PM

Fortunately it seems so - but I am still cautious. The latest LTC manipulation was so canny...
Here we go again...
Mota
Legendary

Activity: 804
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 09:25:31 PM

We'll all be sending our miners to data centres in Russia at this rate - Russia 2.4 to 9.58 c/kw according to Wikipedia

I was able to find space mainland USA with 2c offpeak & 3.5 cent peak rates, which is where the miners are going...

Where were you able to find it so low? Please tell... Been looking myself and the lowest i've found is @ .08/kwh..
I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you. Keep looking, you should be able to find it.
I thought I was smart finding it, only to find other miners already there. That's the best I can do for now under NDA.
damn you! now I have to search the internet for hours before pm'ing you with the question with whom you have the nda!
Its really not that hard.. I have .089-.041 around by me for all my miners Tongue
and where exactly are your miners? plugged in at a power plant near you?!?
Meizirkki

Activity: 616

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 09:41:28 PM

Or see a doctor.

ROTFL  Grin
Mota
Legendary

Activity: 804
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 09:54:46 PM

Or see a doctor.

ROTFL  Grin
Fun fact: Hummingbirds can have a heartrate of 21 Beats per second. And they can live longer than 10 years. Thats over 6622 million beats.  
If you had a heart rate of 80 beats you would need more than 150 years to get to that Tongue
bobsag3

Activity: 546

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 10:06:50 PM

No... my apartment/soon to be warehouse
Micky25
Legendary

Activity: 974

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 10:16:20 PM

before

after

then
RHA

Activity: 392

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 11:28:08 PM

Why DRAM???
Hynix has been repurposing the fabs for NAND production instead of DRAM, and reports say the explosion occurred when new equipment was being installed.
AussiePete

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 11:29:36 PM

No... my apartment/soon to be warehouse

Dont take it it to personal if phoenix  wont give  100% of his info (though he has given 98% of it) .........he has some  business commitments he has to keep..................it took nearly 3 days of brainstorming ..........we started with a wood gacifier and found ourselves wandering around the good old USA .......remember every scenario has its for and against as well ......which normally costs extra monies , either rent , airfares and possible other costs ....

Just keep searching you will find the best scenario for you ............I think the key is working out the worst scenario ..............plus trying to predict when this  diff will settle down ..................I was keen on reinvesting ...........but I dont think it will happen for the next 3 to 6 months ..........this  diff is about to go mad .........and truthfully we are all guessing as in when and where this will slow down ........there going to be some big money earnt ........but also some big money lost

It all should settle down when most peoples expences are to high vrs their initial investment .............peoples expected returns are about to take a huge dip

I hope Im wrong ...............but
Pages: « 1 ... 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 [422] 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: