Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:56:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 [911] 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049463 times)
sbfree

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 02:01:40 PM

KNC GUI & puTTy both show me at 541 all day - BTCG shows 480-500 most of the day.

am i missing something?

Yes you are. Stop measuring speeds at cgminer or go through Kano's posts for how to get the hashrate numbers using the hardware error numbers and so on.

It's really annoying all these people posting meaningless hashrates...

i think it is even easier, look at cgminer output (GH/s), then go to your pool server stats and look at that hash rate and if they are the same, you are doing very well, if they are not even close then you have a problem.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FiatKiller

Activity: 378

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 02:07:28 PM

KNC GUI & puTTy both show me at 541 all day - BTCG shows 480-500 most of the day.

am i missing something?

Yes you are. Stop measuring speeds at cgminer or go through Kano's posts for how to get the hashrate numbers using the hardware error numbers and so on.

i think it is even easier, look at cgminer output (GH/s), then go to your pool server stats and look at that hash rate and if they are the same, you are doing very well, if they are not even close then you have a problem.

Except the pool number jumps around. I saw a difference of 20 within two minutes at the pool. Average hashrate at the status screen barely moved. I do have 19% HW errors on 9.7 though.

LTC: LdxgJQLUdr8hZ79BV5AYbxkBUdaXctXAPi
MoonCoin Gambling: https://coin-horse.com/MON/
demonmaestro

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

Mining for the hell of it.

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 02:08:23 PM

I WANT MY MINER NOW DAMN IT. Angry

Feel Like Donating? bc1q0v5nfdejapffewu67gft7zw7zsmnfmmkt3lf02
Buy/Sell BitCoin & LiteCoin  Click here! | Looking for a great exchange? CoinBase Has you covered.
MrHempstock

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

"Don't worry. My career died after Batman, too."

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 02:20:55 PM

I'm noticing an absence of HashFast Trolls in this thread for some reason.  What happened cypherdoc?

Grin

No 'Orama, no need for balance Tongue

What exactly does Cypherdoc "balance"? Maybe if this was a KNC vs Hashfast thread, then...maybe.
But. It's. Not.
At least he's more articulate than Avenger and has ulterior motive going for him. I will give him that.

BTCitcointalk 1%ers manipulate the currency and deceive its user community.
sbfree

Activity: 336

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 02:23:05 PM

am i missing something?

Except the pool number jumps around. I saw a difference of 20 within two minutes at the pool. Average hashrate at the status screen barely moved. I do have 19% HW errors on 9.7 though.
Fiatkiller, when other KNC Saturn owners are reporting 260GH/s-275GH/s at the server(and on CGminer), while my Saturn reports 215-235GH/s max, I feel that it has something to do with that high error rate our Saturns suffer from.
Nemo1024
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2013, 02:23:15 PM

This is new. Automated replies...

Just sent the following e-mail about my hosted order:

Good day.

Two more days have passed since the last reply.

I want to know the exact state of your data centre that I paid $1400 to use. I can deduce from reported shipments that you stopped adding new equipment to your data centre on or after the 11th of October. Yet, no existing hosted customers report any significant outages. Are you over capacity?

I know of several people who were after me in the order queue and who got their miner equipment shipped on the 22nd of October, so that it is the date that I am starting to count my losses from, and, as this is a business to business operation, I expect a per-day compensation fines (dagsbøter) to be paid from the 22nd and until such time as my equipment is on-line and operational at the expected performance level.

The size of the fine for a Saturn is calculated to be BTC 0.469 per day until the next difficulty change on the 26th of October, and BTC 0.33 after that. Further fines will be calculated based on the actual difficulty settings.

Best regards,

And almost immediately got the following automated reply:

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for contacting KnCMiner. This is an automated reply to confirm that we have received your inquiry.

We'll be happy to assist you with any questions or concerns and will make every effort to get back to you as quickly as possible.

However, it might take from 1 to 2 business days for you to receive the reply.

Med vänlig hälsning | Best regards
Customer Support
Kncminer

“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”
“We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.”
“It is important to fight and fight again, and keep fighting, for only then can evil be kept at bay, though never quite eradicated.”
edgar
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 02:25:16 PM

am i missing something?

so sorry to be so annoying.... douche!

even more annoying is unhelpful scolding of people asking legitimate questions!

didnt your mother teach you if you have nothing useful to contribute, to keep it shut?

with an attitude like yours maybe you should start an ASIC company...

now about them GH's....

Do i need to post the same shit again to get a decent reply??
joae1975

Activity: 752

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 02:34:22 PM

I've been away from this thread for a while.  Any answers to fixing hardware errors?  My 1st jup is rocking like clockwork steady 554, usually higher on pool.  2nd is hurting.  HW errors all over.  Cgminer says 530 gh, pool=480-520.  I can hear my 2nd hashing loader than the 1st.  What's up with that?

I'm using .95 on both.  Tried the others. This is the best I get.

1PewuG8KZJUPK3CtvAkAs1Uw42rQgUv5Jk
DPoS

Activity: 462

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 02:35:52 PM

0.97 also shows a continuous drop of hashrate for me from 500 to 470 (3 hour average eligius).

Actually.. it doesn't seem to be coming back in any previous firmware. Last value was 450 and that's where it stayed. I read compatible reports on KNC's forum. I fear 0.97 might damage bad Jupiters... Careful upgrading yours.

.96 does seem to be better than .97 on good jupiters.   I haven't tried it on a bad jupiter yet..  so far bad jupiters hash better on .94 'overclocked' running bfgminer but the VRMs/chips do have to take a beating..  perhaps heatsinks?

to 'cure' modules, remove the asic_test file and install .96, run enable cores and few times and reboot.   It should do its 1-2 min asic tests and then reboot itself.  you should have more enabled cores again

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
btc_uzr

Activity: 476

let's have some fun

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 02:47:43 PM

what if all cores are already enabled?

Are there 192 cores per asic available and working ?
(check asic test results in /config)

..and Thou shalt spread the coin in the name of cryptography for eternity
DPoS

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 02:50:16 PM

It really shouldnt have to. A BeagleBone is considerably more powerful than a raspberry pi and I would be surprised if it struggled running 4 or many more modules. If its true the bottleneck is there, it has got to be fixable with a less crappy firmware. And if it really is too slow, it would make sense to just buy a second BBB or Pi, you'd get better performance per $.

I've been asking KNC to sell additional control units for weeks now

That would solve many problems for jupiter owners

as such, I am tempted to run 6 modules in my good jupiter while I mess about with my two lame modules.   Having to have downtime on good modules while trying to fix others is another waste we jupiter owners have to deal with

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
The Avenger

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 02:50:42 PM

So what's new in the world of hobby asic manufacturers KNC today? Crappy firmware updates that send people's hw errors out of control? News updates that never apologise, always some sociopathic words that KNC do no wrong? People with July hosted units being quadruply screwed when people with late August orders being shipped before them?

Yep, another day in the KNC hobby asic manufacturers thread.

P.S. KNC should hire these guys to fix the fuck-up with the datacentre!

http://www.kennemarandcole.se/

Disaster Recovery
Being able to recover quickly from a disaster will allow your business to function again in minutes not weeks, we all know the cost of downtime is not just loss in revenue but loss of reputation.

These guys could have had the data centre fixed and up and running again in minutes! If only KNC had hired them. But I guess they cheaped out once again  Cheesy

So when they say "We have indeed learnt a lot form this experience and we will be using all of those lessons in our future products".

Don't confuse this sentence as them saying they will make a better mining product in future for their customers. They are using your lost bitcoin (I'm up to 9BTC lost as of today since 15th Oct) to give themselves new business opportunities.

Go team KNC! Using customers losses to build a bigger and brighter future for all themselves.

"I am not The Avenger"
1AthxGvreWbkmtTXed6EQfjXMXXdSG7dD6
soy
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 02:52:25 PM

concerning the changelogs, you could compare code on https://github.com/KnCMiner to get a clue what has been changed - but for sure it's not the same like a simple changelog you read in short time.

----------

Any tips how solve the random miner stoping / freezing after 30-60min ? Pleseeee? It doesn't manke sense waisting more electricity then you mine back  Tongue + a fact .97 decrease the speed from 100 to a 1.7Ghas

After reading yesterday's reports about 0.97 I was really close to upgrade - was just too tired in the evening and not in the mood to deal with possible issues.
Meanwhile I'm quite happy I'm still on 0.95.

UPDATE YOUR MINER TO THE LATEST FIRMWARE

Somehow I'm not sure how to rate KnCMiner's software development and quality assurance in general, as it seems they do neither proper testing, nor understand the root causes of issues since each time there's one solved, but another appears..
I'm happy they're better in hw development, otherwise Jupiter would hash with 290GH/s only while consuming 1kW, I guess  Tongue

Honestly I'm getting more and more disappointed about this.
Especially when considering that cgminer's devs could have prevented it very very likely, but KnCMiner was so self confident they will do it better, cheaper, faster (?!).

I do not like to think about the difference in mined coins until now.  Undecided

i think this( cheaper) was their only concern. faster & better are non-existent terms with these guys - confidence - bucketsfull

I can't agree with your assessment.  I just upgraded a Jalapeno fan.  That company was the first Bitcoin ASIC manufacturer in production and a KnC designer may have tried taking a Jalapeno apart and putting it back together.  Probably the reason so many Jalapeno users opt not to put it back in the case.  All the room in a KnC product almost shouts in comparison that Jalapeno case designer was a sadist.
FeedbackLoop

Activity: 742

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 02:58:50 PM

am i missing something?

Fiatkiller, when other KNC Saturn owners are reporting 260GH/s-275GH/s at the server(and on CGminer), while my Saturn reports 215-235GH/s max, I feel that it has something to do with that high error rate our Saturns suffer from.

Yes! It's all about the hardware error rate. The values on KNC's cgminer do not seem to take that into account. I don't know if other versions do. The difference between machines seem to come mostly from the level of hardware errors so when someone says "my jupiter/saturn is doing X/Y in hashrate with this FW" you end up empty handed because you don't know if they are measuring that at cgminer or and actually getting much less at the pool (as you would measure from averages). In fact it misleads other people and possibly devs into thinking that they are progressing with the software.

0.97 for me and other people seems to ramp up the hardware rate and the reported hashrate at cgminer (depending how bad your machine actually is) but you see all these pointless reports of "yey +10 GH/s" without stating the source.

edgar: cry me a river!

DPoS

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 03:05:37 PM

These guys could have had the data centre fixed and up and running again in minutes! If only KNC had hired them. But I guess they cheaped out once again  Cheesy

I don't think it is on the datacenter side.  These things just have too much variance and many were ran pre-95 FW on 4 VRM boards which can leave 'scars'

The number one fuckup on KNC was removing the 4 VRMs before understanding its full effect.. and then shipping and using them in the datacenter running overspec.  Two wrongs didn't make a right.

They shouldn't of used 4 VRM boards until Nov cheaper miners and then they would of had plenty of time to make a FW for that

Will they ever admit to this short sighted cash 'savings'?   I think their last news update alluded to this in their 'learned lessons'.
KNC is a good company but this shows how one mistake can lead to many many more unintended consequences
I think they will right their ship, but for many customers they are left in tough waters

DPoS

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 03:10:10 PM

0.97 for me and other people seems to ramp up the hardware rate and the reported hashrate at cgminer (depending how bad your machine actually is) but you see all these pointless reports of "yey +10 GH/s" without stating the source.

they might of tried to get the same type of performance of .94 with .97 but the enabling and disabling of cores is worse than just HW errors as far as avg hashing at the pool goes

I've run bfgminer which doesn't auto switch cores (lets you manual do each if you like) and even with high HW errors you can get good hash rate.  I am not saying high HW errors are good, but in KNC's cgminer they lead to turning cores off that may still run at 70% hashing with a high error rate.   You start turning off all those 70% working cores your hashrate nosedives

The Avenger

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 03:12:16 PM

I think they will right their ship, but for many customers they are left in tough waters
I'm 9BTC down and still no miner. Not even going to get 1 day on current difficulty it looks like. Next difficulty is probably going to mean we are down to mining only 0.5BTC/day on a jupiter. So 2 days per bitcoin. In a couple of weeks, it'll take a week+/1btc.

And KNC don't even as much as apologise, just say "We learned stuff", "you ain't getting shit from us for the losses we caused you - read the T&C's" and set up other business ventures for themselves. Sick of waiting and sick of KNC.

"I am not The Avenger"
1AthxGvreWbkmtTXed6EQfjXMXXdSG7dD6
paranoidx

Activity: 146
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 03:13:51 PM

0.97 also shows a continuous drop of hashrate for me from 500 to 470 (3 hour average eligius).

Actually.. it doesn't seem to be coming back in any previous firmware. Last value was 450 and that's where it stayed. I read compatible reports on KNC's forum. I fear 0.97 might damage bad Jupiters... Careful upgrading yours.

.96 does seem to be better than .97 on good jupiters.   I haven't tried it on a bad jupiter yet..  so far bad jupiters hash better on .94 'overclocked' running bfgminer but the VRMs/chips do have to take a beating..  perhaps heatsinks?

to 'cure' modules, remove the asic_test file and install .96, run enable cores and few times and reboot.   It should do its 1-2 min asic tests and then reboot itself.  you should have more enabled cores again

How do I remove that asic_test file??
soy
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 03:15:15 PM

The early complaint of whining from the ASIC module, tho probably from one or more VRMs, were there many complaints proportionally?  The firmware upgrade corrected that.  My Merc arrived with 0.95, had input voltages of 11.8 on all VRMs and output voltages ranging from 0.738 to 0.748.  It couldn't get out of its own way, never reaching 100GH/s average.

To correct this I first went to 0.90 initial firmware.  I had already read the high praise the initial firmware had gotten over firmware upgrades by users who remained quite disappointed until finally the enablecores.bin became available.  I ran enablecores.bin with 0.90 firmware and was finally pleased with >100GH/s hashing, and pretty quickly I might add.

I went thru the upgrades one at a time looking for the 0.740 voltage change and found it in 0.95 but my hashrate again returned to sub-100GH/s.  So, back to 0.94 and I'm happy with it relatively speaking.  The extra >100watts at the wall will mean something more than $5.50/month in electric but a cold front has reached this area and it's a tradeoff instead of the propane heat - besides, that extra
 KnC 0:  | 149.7G/135.5Gh/s | A:7273677 R:328049 HW:420447 WU:2088.1/m
35.5GH/s will earn quite a bit more than that in BTC.

So, I'm not going to be getting any higher hashing from my Merc unless I buy an ASIC module and transform it into a Saturn.

But, now I wonder.  The initial firmware was likely treating the VRMs with an optimal frequency for their design.  As I never heard that whine voiced by some that prompted the first firmware upgrade 0.91, and not knowing what advantages I'm seeing in 0.92 or 0.93 or what I'm presently using 0.94, maybe 0.90 is the best?  ...at least until warm weather returns.

And who knows, maybe the VRM whine had been slightly displaced VRM heatsink tops that resonated but stopped resonating with the frequency change.

KS

Activity: 448

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 03:24:59 PM

I'm noticing an absence of HashFast Trolls in this thread for some reason.  What happened cypherdoc?

Grin

No 'Orama, no need for balance Tongue

What exactly does Cypherdoc "balance"? Maybe if this was a KNC vs Hashfast thread, then...maybe.
But. It's. Not.
At least he's more articulate than Avenger and has ulterior motive going for him. I will give him that.

Trolling the troll. Nothing to see really Wink

Actually, I should have refrained, my apologies. This thread is finally being useful.
Pages: « 1 ... 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 [911] 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: