Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:38:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 [962] 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
AussieHash

Activity: 692
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 08:43:32 AM

I think, November miner deliveries has already been shipped and they reach customers today.

Customers can start hashing from tomorrow, 00:00.  Shocked

ack hope this is not true and they don't ship till nov 15th as they said..if not what are we looking at every 10 days a 50% difficulty increase? hard to ROI back that way!
They told me they planned to have
A month in between shipping, and I believe they will hold up to that, other wise they would piss off allot of customers, and anyone smart that paid with a credit card could get a refund if they wanted, and would lose allot of customers if they plan on having a gen 2, though a gen 2 would only be worth while if they got much better watt  / gig performance

I have heard from a forum member that his $5000 "November" order shipped on 30/10
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
waterboi92

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 08:51:23 AM

hi guys, so earlier i changed my networking settings on my miner so that i would have a static ip for the miner.
when i try to SSH through putty and follow the usual steps: 1. log in as root 2. enter password and 3. screen -r
but now after i enter screen -r this comes up:

"theres a screen on:
1771.cgminer (attached)
there is no screen to be resumed."

how do i get my cgminer to display again?

thanks!

if i've helped you, donations welcome: 1BwGnrqSjbfJ39mTNrvb257eUSuUP7Pfxh
Crypto_Cumbrian

Activity: 113

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 08:54:38 AM

Jupiter

Rolled mine back to 0.95 from 0.98.  Noticed a Drop in hash rate after 36 Hours (from 550 to 520) at the pool. Also I get the occasional core disabled and re-enabled in 0.98, don't get them in 0.95.

Also get 80+ Watts back at the wall, temps down 5 Degrees.

HW rate down from 1.5% to 0.5%.

So 0.95 seems to be the Sweetest FW for my Jupiter.
madsusies

Activity: 428
Merit: 250

BitcoinEvo [$XBTE]

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 08:56:27 AM

I think you need restart the miner - it stops mining

▬▬ • • •  BITCOINEVO $XBTE FREE AIRDROP LIVE NOW   • • • ▬▬
▌▌  Secure, decentralised & distributed cryptocurrency with sidechain technology*, on-chain dapps support*, xPoS and zero-proof anonymous transactions*.  ▐▐
FoxMURDER

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 08:59:01 AM

hi guys, so earlier i changed my networking settings on my miner so that i would have a static ip for the miner.
when i try to SSH through putty and follow the usual steps: 1. log in as root 2. enter password and 3. screen -r
but now after i enter screen -r this comes up:

"theres a screen on:
1771.cgminer (attached)
there is no screen to be resumed."

how do i get my cgminer to display again?

thanks!

use screen -d (detaches other attached screens) and then screen -r

or

use screen -x (attaches to already attached screen)
waterboi92

Activity: 82

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 09:00:11 AM

I think you need restart the miner - it stops mining

yup, that fixed it, thanks a bunch!

if i've helped you, donations welcome: 1BwGnrqSjbfJ39mTNrvb257eUSuUP7Pfxh
jmevz

Activity: 251

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 09:00:43 AM

My Mercury is sitting at 106Gh/s and roughly the same on the server. I'm on .89, can't seem to get it to stay any higher. I'd like 110, 120 at least. I've seen it go to 126, that would be nice constantly, but it's not doing it hmmm...

demonmaestro

Activity: 574

Mining for the hell of it.

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 09:01:18 AM

My Mercury is sitting at 106Gh/s and roughly the same on the server. I'm on .89, can't seem to get it to stay any higher. I'd like 110, 120 at least. I've seen it go to 126, that would be nice constantly, but it's not doing it hmmm...

about what mine is doing.

Feel Like Donating? bc1q0v5nfdejapffewu67gft7zw7zsmnfmmkt3lf02
Buy/Sell BitCoin & LiteCoin  Click here! | Looking for a great exchange? CoinBase Has you covered.
jmevz

Activity: 251

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 09:03:16 AM

about what mine is doing.

Hmm, I need to log in and check cgminer errors. Not at all familiar with that stuff...

timmmers

Activity: 1176
Merit: 265

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 09:26:51 AM

A month in between shipping, and I believe they will hold up to that, other wise they would piss off allot of customers, and anyone smart that paid with a credit card could get a refund if they wanted, and would lose allot of customers if they plan on having a gen 2, though a gen 2 would only be worth while if they got much better watt  / gig performance

Yeah, their shipping times have always been as they say, and they hate to piss customers off...or even talk to us come to that.

I'd bet that Nov orders are quite small given the difficulty we all knew was going to be this bad, and if power usage being lower than current rigs is such a big thing. Gen 2 will have to have a much better dollar / gig performance, who cares about power consumption of a few quid when you're talking about rigs that should be making hundreds a week? Power use should be about those last few months just above break even not massive thing. People see a 2 week delay as OK despite that meaning missing so much income, then witter on about the cost of a couple of light bulbs in power consumption? WTF?

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin

.ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..

█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.TELEGRAM
Mota
Legendary

Activity: 804
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 09:35:24 AM

Yeah, their shipping times have always been as they say, and they hate to piss customers off...or even talk to us come to that.

I'd bet that Nov orders are quite small given the difficulty we all knew was going to be this bad, and if power usage being lower than current rigs is such a big thing. Gen 2 will have to have a much better dollar / gig performance, who cares about power consumption of a few quid when you're talking about rigs that should be making hundreds a week? Power use should be about those last few months just above break even not massive thing. People see a 2 week delay as OK despite that meaning missing so much income, then witter on about the cost of a couple of light bulbs in power consumption? WTF?

I beg to differ. 1 Jupiter costs about 135€ in power per month. That is at present pretty much 1 btc. If next gen miners can lessen that by 30% that would mean a LOT more money in the long run. Of course, if you are in a country where you don't have to pay more than 13 cents per kwh you obviously don't have to fret over power consumption...
madsusies

BitcoinEvo [$XBTE]

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 09:50:33 AM

Lol no way the 2nd will have min 1Thas or in jupiter case 5Thas=1350€ Bills Smiley or they just cut the jupiter price to 1000$ when the diff rise to 1000mil in January  Kiss

▌▌  Secure, decentralised & distributed cryptocurrency with sidechain technology*, on-chain dapps support*, xPoS and zero-proof anonymous transactions*.  ▐▐
btcusr

Activity: 405
Merit: 255

@_vjy

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 10:10:50 AM

Say for equal GHashes,

Gen1 price is 200 BTC
  Gen2 price is 100 BTC

Basically KNC, and every asic manufacturer should,

1. Ship all gen1 asics
2. Make sure all gen1 asics shipped, started hashing, and last-shipped gen1 asic mined the price difference worth of BTC (200 - 100 = 100 BTC)
3. Start shiping gen2 asics

Right?? Or, whatever. Sad

capa

Activity: 138
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 10:29:32 AM

Hi,

As many of you are already aware, there have been a lot of issues with firmware for the KnC series miners, attempts to replace this code with familiar tried and tested systems fails because
the system right now works in flash, which is why you loose it on reboot.

So my plan is to source a beaglebone and develop a microsd image with a more common OS like Debian or Ubuntu with BFGminer on that i can release to everyone thus surviving reboots.
If you like the idea donate here:   1Nm8mRuuCYQqDwY8HhNGPsAQ1KKE3ykQ7o

This will be a plug a play type setup with minimal config required.

I.e copy the image.iso to a microsd  plug the microsd into your miner and reboot..

Smile Smiley

I've started a thread here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=321930.0
And here http://forum.kncminer.com/blogs/the-big-countdown/13322-custom-os-image-for-knc-miners
and here http://abitcoin.org/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=780
madsusies

BitcoinEvo [$XBTE]

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 10:35:25 AM
Last edit: October 31, 2013, 10:47:11 AM by madsusies

100BTc=20k$  Cheesy let my see, diff will be 1000mil min 2Thas not enough 20Thas to have a ROI unit with a lot consumption,  literally there will be not roi units, but folks somehow don't care

bronan

Activity: 774

Lazy Lurker Reads Alot

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 11:06:50 AM

Your right madsusie no miner is going to make roi unless a person is not paying for his electra bills then that person can make profit,
unless the value of btc becomes at a massive value to make up the difficulty.

Which i believe will not happen anytime soon.

However since i do have to pay 0.32 Kw/h on electra and pay massive taxes over anything i buy in my country.

Its not longer possible to make mining worth the effort. Colocating gives other problems in general makes things worse.
The problem with hosting is the hands when it goes wrong, and you need a person which has knowledge on these machines.

Second the prices which the asic companies ask for their $8 value chips is insane.
Do not come with bs about they cost more because they don't,  their cheap and since the foundries have a new market they probably dropped even lower in price.

Asics are made in massive numbers each day since they are used in many products todo their respected tasks.
They are simple chips compared to cpu/gpu and not programmable like fpga so after this task you can not use asics at any other task which they are made for. They are instant useless so selling you expenssive bitcoin miner becomes a pain when its no longer able to make some coins for you.
timmmers

Activity: 1176
Merit: 265

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 11:19:02 AM

I beg to differ. 1 Jupiter costs about 135€ in power per month. That is at present pretty much 1 btc. If next gen miners can lessen that by 30% that would mean a LOT more money in the long run. Of course, if you are in a country where you don't have to pay more than 13 cents per kwh you obviously don't have to fret over power consumption...

A jupiter would cover that 135 in 2 days sitting instead of waiting to be shipped at KNC. A next gen rig would need to be at least the same value as a jupiter right now to be even considered. Power is the last thing that needs to be improved, and any improvements will be pitiful anyway. IF the people who only just got their jupiters had been offered the choice of one on the 15th as promised but 1kw ...or what they got...14 days of no mining and a diff increase...which would they take? 2 weeks mining at 500GH or save 70 euros? Which is more important?

1BTC is a lot more than 135 Euro right now too.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin

.ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..

█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.TELEGRAM
Mota
Legendary

Activity: 804
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 12:16:38 PM

A jupiter would cover that 135 in 2 days sitting instead of waiting to be shipped at KNC. A next gen rig would need to be at least the same value as a jupiter right now to be even considered. Power is the last thing that needs to be improved, and any improvements will be pitiful anyway. IF the people who only just got their jupiters had been offered the choice of one on the 15th as promised but 1kw ...or what they got...14 days of no mining and a diff increase...which would they take? 2 weeks mining at 500GH or save 70 euros? Which is more important?

1BTC is a lot more than 135 Euro right now too.
Hey, don't preach to the choir. My UPS delivery from KNC directly is missing... so, 2 weeks late vs now 4 weeks with me.... I am lucky that my first units got here on the 16th late afternoon, also UPS, delivered to my neighbours babysitter (while I was at home...). But  that was not the unit from KNC directly but from a forumbuy. So yeah, delay sucks, but when you get your units what is more important is power consumption.
FiatKiller

Activity: 378

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 12:56:59 PM
Last edit: October 31, 2013, 03:16:10 PM by FiatKiller

Ok, been running over a day now no problem: (reading 294 at the pool too!)

LTC: LdxgJQLUdr8hZ79BV5AYbxkBUdaXctXAPi
MoonCoin Gambling: https://coin-horse.com/MON/
sickpig
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 01:11:47 PM

broken link

Bitcoin is a participatory system which ought to respect the right of self determinism of all of its users - Gregory Maxwell.
Pages: « 1 ... 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 [962] 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: