Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 04:50:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 [979] 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049463 times)
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

LIR DEV

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 05:32:36 PM

I have missed a few threads here, I know, but is there a current consensus on the ideal temps for these miners. I have a Mercury. Its pootling along at a steady 142 Gh/s at 39.5 degrees C. Sound ok?

In my personal experiences the temp does not seem to matter. I've run my Jupiter at 70C and in a cooled server room with case off and external fan at 35C with no noticeable effect on my hashrate.
142 is great for a mercury...  I wouldn't touch a thing imho
If you're  "up to spec", (and beyond) why bother?

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
FeedbackLoop

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 05:34:00 PM

I have missed a few threads here, I know, but is there a current consensus on the ideal temps for these miners. I have a Mercury. Its pootling along at a steady 142 Gh/s at 39.5 degrees C. Sound ok?

Based on your hashrate your machine seems to have a ridiculously low level of hardware errors so I would say it doesn't matter, in any firmware, for you.

Mogumodz

Activity: 290
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 05:35:32 PM

Sounds peachy, just leave it be.

Bitcoin OTC rating GPG ID: 3E7974A1 P2Pool statistics: p2pool.info
ASIC-K

Activity: 280

Hell?

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 05:46:09 PM

my mercury is running the exact same. take a look at your hw errors and rejected tho, mine are around 7.7% hw and 3% rejected.... :/
xyzzy099
Legendary

Activity: 1063
Merit: 1048

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 05:52:16 PM

my mercury is running the exact same. take a look at your hw errors and rejected tho, mine are around 7.7% hw and 3% rejected.... :/

If I'm not mistaken, 144 GH/s is the theoretical maximum hash rate for a Mercury (192 cores @ 750 MH/s each), so you are doing very well.

Libertarians:  Diligently plotting to take over the world and leave you alone.
ASIC-K

Hell?

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 05:53:42 PM

If I'm not mistaken, 144 GH/s is the theoretical maximum hash rate for a Mercury (192 cores @ 750 MH/s each), so you are doing very well.

oh yeah, its doing great. hw errors bring it down to about 137-138 on the pool...still not bad!
sbfree

Activity: 336

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 06:44:01 PM

Good morning Phoenix.

I should add that I'm running my machine in a bit lower temps as well (closer to 60 reported, hard to say if it makes a big difference in 0.98, in 0.95 it was a huge difference for my machine from ~60 to ~70), so we have a dwindle down in both "cold" and "hot" machines.

Exactly... It seems the dwindledown effect happens weather the units are kept at peak temps or not...  cold or warm... it just happens... ug!

My saturn has been hashing steadily at the server between 270GH/s-290GH/s.....chip temps are between 45c and 55c, depending on heat of the day. Not running a/c, lid is off, all fans on unit are running, no extra fans and now at 20M submitted shares 2.5% HW errors, WU 3982 since last reboot.

ps. what i wanted to add was that I do notice a small wave pattern in the hashing speed of the unit where it slows to 270GH/s, then slowly crests its way back up to the low 290GH/s and then will creep back down to 270GH/s etc etc.
xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 07:05:22 PM

Good morning Phoenix.

I should add that I'm running my machine in a bit lower temps as well (closer to 60 reported, hard to say if it makes a big difference in 0.98, in 0.95 it was a huge difference for my machine from ~60 to ~70), so we have a dwindle down in both "cold" and "hot" machines.

Exactly... It seems the dwindledown effect happens weather the units are kept at peak temps or not...  cold or warm... it just happens... ug!

My saturn has been hashing steadily at the server between 270GH/s-290GH/s.....chip temps are between 45c and 55c, depending on heat of the day. Not running a/c, lid is off, all fans on unit are running, no extra fans and now at 20M submitted shares 2.5% HW errors, WU 3982 since last reboot.

ps. what i wanted to add was that I do notice a small wave pattern in the hashing speed of the unit where it slows to 270GH/s, then slowly crests its way back up to the low 290GH/s and then will creep back down to 270GH/s etc etc.

I'm certainly no expert on this so I may be completely off-base here.  But isn't your pool hashrate just an estimate by some complicated equation including shares submitted, share difficulty, yadda, yadda?

If true, this might cause you pool hashrate to have some significant swings that aren't necessarily indicative of your machine's actual hashrate.
Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 07:58:27 PM
Last edit: November 03, 2013, 08:12:12 PM by Phoenix1969

Good morning Phoenix.

Yes, that is just how they run....
I'm not sure if anything can be done about that.
Even when I did graphics cards... That was the "nature of the beast"
Each and every unit does it...all simultaneously, but at their own top/bottom values.
I'd say, the cycle varies from a minute, to 3 minutes, depending on the flushwork/block detection timing.
But I also noticed there is still a bit of room for improvement in the flushwork area here... they flush every time a block is detected, instead of the correct block....every block.
I'd rather no flushwork at all, and take my rejected shares at the time a block is ACTUALLY found by our pool...... if it can't be corrected... it would save time.
Pools will usually send a flushwork request at the appropriate time if I understand this correctly....
I'm sure someone must be working on this....   hopefully....

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
augustocroppo
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 08:32:10 PM

I should probably stop replying to you but just because I don't want you to dumb down what I think is an important factor often disregarded, I will put it very explicitly and simple so you can't twist it around:

(...)

Right...

From "promising sound currency" to " bio-eco-super tomatoes" to "independence project"... No, I cannot really "twist" something you already did very well.

So, again, why would anyone want to convert BTC to fiat money?

Since Bitcoin mining is a zero sum game, hobbyists will actually have an impact against pure profit driven mining farms. This is actually good for Bitcoin because it works against  centralisation of mining.

So, again, going back to the context of that reply, you are mining for profit or for fun?
Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 09:01:47 PM

Not to poke a lion... but I personally Mine for fun, in hopes of a profit... Smiley

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
ASIC-K

Hell?

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 09:16:39 PM
Last edit: November 03, 2013, 09:47:37 PM by ASIC-K

just updated my mercury from .98 to .98.1 and HW errors went from 6.9% to around 1.5%. also, rejected was 3% to 0% now!

definitely a good upgrade. all cores functioning as well. none are off.

UPDATE: been running .98.1 for 30 mins now, hw errors down to 1.1% and dropping. still no duplicate shares!
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 09:19:30 PM

In my personal experiences the temp does not seem to matter. I've run my Jupiter at 70C and in a cooled server room with case off and external fan at 35C with no noticeable effect on my hashrate.

I'm in a cool bsmt 62F....I have 2 5" er I guess they are menard fans pointing crossways across the front blowing with cover off with.95 and it is sitting at 568gh or so...my cores are like 20c 34c and 41c for last 2...

i'm the doppelganger of phoenix's units I turn off 1 fan and my hash rate goes down ..I leave everything alone and I two will get the dwindle down effect but usually only a couple gh or so....

it is pretty much stable as long as I continue to keep the jally I got on haloween (april order) at other end of the house (only explation bfl units are evil)

so yeah shut a fan off and gh goes down turn fan on goes back to where it was

only other thing is I think I only have 2 cores go on/off  or I've only seen the two once every 3hrs or so for 1 ...once a day maybe for the other (guessing)...it is likely more

so again it is DRY in my bsmt ..ie winter is coming....Phoenix is in Hawaii ...could humidity have something to do with all this ie...with his box setup he is probably moving more air then me and it is probably a lot more moist

other then that ....I try to stay as far away from the unit as possible less I trip on it or something foolish

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
-Redacted-

Activity: 574
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 09:24:01 PM

Good morning Phoenix.

Yes, that is just how they run....
I'm not sure if anything can be done about that.
Even when I did graphics cards... That was the "nature of the beast"
Each and every unit does it...all simultaneously, but at their own top/bottom values.
I'd say, the cycle varies from a minute, to 3 minutes, depending on the flushwork/block detection timing.
But I also noticed there is still a bit of room for improvement in the flushwork area here... they flush every time a block is detected, instead of the correct block....every block.
I'd rather no flushwork at all, and take my rejected shares at the time a block is ACTUALLY found by our pool...... if it can't be corrected... it would save time.
Pools will usually send a flushwork request at the appropriate time if I understand this correctly....
I'm sure someone must be working on this....   hopefully....

They have to flush every time a block is detected, because all pools have to start working on a the new block.  You don't just hash on one block indefinitely, you have to start a new block every time a block is found.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 09:24:59 PM

I should probably stop replying to you but just because I don't want you to dumb down what I think is an important factor often disregarded, I will put it very explicitly and simple so you can't twist it around:

(...)

Right...

From "promising sound currency" to " bio-eco-super tomatoes" to "independence project"... No, I cannot really "twist" something you already did very well.

Since Bitcoin mining is a zero sum game, hobbyists will actually have an impact against pure profit driven mining farms. This is actually good for Bitcoin because it works against  centralisation of mining.

So, again, going back to the context of that reply, you are mining for profit or for fun?

er I have to admit when BFL said it was gonna ship on time it was for "PROFIT" when the stuff just basically never arrived..(ie did the force convert to monarch out of desperation...brick now or brick later prob don't matter $$ gone)

well..because KNC took cc order with PayPal (which dummy that I am I did not do with bfl) I took a chance...and they came thru ..or at least close enough for my NEW in DENIAL viewpoint

er ..its just a  HOBBY

(denial...just another way to get thru the day)

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
FeedbackLoop

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 09:33:31 PM

(...)

Right...

You are right. You cannot twist it and you sound like a moron for picking a few terms and put them together senselessly.

I mine for both (and I actually think I'm on the way to get both) and my wasted words on you were about why mining is so attractive even if it is risky from a ROI perspective. Your bright yellow ignore will now become just a bit yellower as I see you truly have no interest in ideas. My post on "bio-eco-super tomatoes", like you put it, holds for another audience. Bye and have fun under the bridge!

Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 09:45:57 PM

I'm in a cool bsmt 62F....I have 2 5" er I guess they are menard fans pointing crossways across the front blowing with cover off with.95 and it is sitting at 568gh or so...my cores are like 20c 34c and 41c for last 2...

i'm the doppelganger of phoenix's units I turn off 1 fan and my hash rate goes down ..I leave everything alone and I two will get the dwindle down effect but usually only a couple gh or so....

it is pretty much stable as long as I continue to keep the jally I got on haloween (april order) at other end of the house (only explation bfl units are evil)

so yeah shut a fan off and gh goes down turn fan on goes back to where it was

only other thing is I think I only have 2 cores go on/off  or I've only seen the two once every 3hrs or so for 1 ...once a day maybe for the other (guessing)...it is likely more

so again it is DRY in my bsmt ..ie winter is coming....Phoenix is in Hawaii ...could humidity have something to do with all this ie...with his box setup he is probably moving more air then me and it is probably a lot more moist

other then that ....I try to stay as far away from the unit as possible less I trip on it or something foolish

Searing

I find them quite durable...You should be able to testify to that as well.. >)

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
Nemo1024
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2013, 09:48:08 PM

Can't say I like this update from the hosted point of view. After 50 minutes of downtime, the miner is back hashing, but the hashrate, as reporter by the portal, is 14GHs down from what it was before... Still need time to see what it ends up being on the pool side.

PS: Mining mostly for fun (especially with GPUs and then with BEs); buying BTC for profit. I like to tinker with hardware, and if some of my hobby spending is paid back, so much the better.

“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”
“We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.”
“It is important to fight and fight again, and keep fighting, for only then can evil be kept at bay, though never quite eradicated.”
Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 09:51:20 PM

just updated my mercury from .98 to .98.1 and HW errors went from 6.9% to around 1.5%. also, rejected was 3% to 0% now!

UPDATE: been running .98.1 for 30 mins now, hw errors down to 1.1% and dropping. still no duplicate shares!
0.98.1 was intended for those with a dead die; die 0
There is no other difference as far as I know.

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
ASIC-K

Hell?

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 09:52:07 PM

0.98.1 was intended for those with a dead die; die 0
There is no other difference as far as I know.

thats what i thought too man, but its made a big difference for me!
Pages: « 1 ... 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 [979] 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: