Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 05:55:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 [1016] 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 06:24:17 PM

Hey, Alex, any danger of you checking your PM's Smiley

Sorry, couldn't resist.

You haven't sent me anything.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 06:25:19 PM

Calling O'rama a liar repeatedly when he's just relaying messages makes you look retarded.
It's getting really old too. There are entirely too many pages of it.

Please tell me that is not directed at Bargraphics?  Roll Eyes
It's directed to those who are doing it. Names witholding.... Doesn't matter. I don't see the obsession with accusing O'rama of all kinds of shit. He has done nothing wrong....period.

If you or me were in his shoes, we would have easily ended up with the same by relaying messages... get over it already. You guys act like a angry lynch-mob...... trying to kill the messenger....

I think Bargraphics was being tongue-in-cheek. I've met the guy, he's cool.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 06:27:16 PM

Hey, Alex, any danger of you checking your PM's Smiley

Sorry, couldn't resist.

You haven't sent me anything.

Weird. I'll see what's up. I replied to you yesterday, and had one from a few days back. Nothing terribly important. Hopefully they saved and I don't have to retype 'em. The wonders of the interwebs...

EDIT: resent them. Please let me know if you get 'em. Dunno what happened.
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

LIR DEV

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 06:31:13 PM

Calling O'rama a liar repeatedly when he's just relaying messages makes you look retarded.
It's getting really old too. There are entirely too many pages of it.

Please tell me that is not directed at Bargraphics?  Roll Eyes
It's directed to those who are doing it. Names witholding.... Doesn't matter. I don't see the obsession with accusing O'rama of all kinds of shit. He has done nothing wrong....period.

If you or me were in his shoes, we would have easily ended up with the same by relaying messages... get over it already. You guys act like a angry lynch-mob...... trying to kill the messenger....

I think Bargraphics was being tongue-in-cheek. I've met the guy, he's cool.
I think so too, just keepin' folks in-check with reality...

BTW...

under "Saturn info"...
"The KnC mining modules will be on sale for delivery from 15th November in-line with our second shipment date. Both the Saturn rig, and its respective upgradable ASIC modules are designed by Sweden’s ORSoC engineers, and will offer industry leading performance and power consumption per Gigahash (Gh)"

I have a feeling the November units are gonna ROCK!

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 06:35:27 PM

I said it would plateau a few weeks back and was laughed out of the thread, someone threatened to remind me about it to, 'saved for posterity' I believe.

Yeah, lets take a look at how the difficulty has gone since you said that.

10/16 +41%
10/26 +46%
11/5 +31%

Yeah, it sure has "leveled out".

Buy & Hold
Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 06:37:45 PM

I said it would plateau a few weeks back and was laughed out of the thread, someone threatened to remind me about it to, 'saved for posterity' I believe.

10/16 +41%
10/26 +46%
11/5 +31%

have you bothered to check the current data?
It's sitting on 3% right now....

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 06:38:36 PM

10/16 +41%
10/26 +46%
11/5 +31%

He's still mathematically correct. The huge increases CANNOT continue. It's simply impossible. For it to keep the exponential increase, the next company would have to deliver at least twice as much as KnC, and they'd have to do it within a few days. It will level off.

What is nearly impossible to predict is WHEN it will level off. It seems to be starting to now, but this could be a hiccup.
bobsag3

Activity: 546

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 06:45:43 PM

sorry orama, nothing personal man its just how i feel. as i have said before, your openday report really helped me with my decision to buy KNC and have been a very happy customer since, its just how this all came together, doesnt even really matter tho.

Ok, cool, but now what am I meant have done ref the above?!
You lied to my face, and Redacted about his unit's RMA.

No. I didn't I asked Emilia, she was sitting next to me there and then, Redacted confirmed. What's the problem?

Heres your previous quote:

Hi,

Please write in large writing on the box RMA 131029-12 and send the board back to the following address:
KnCMiner
Birger Jarlsgatan 33
11145 Stockholm
Sweden
We will review the cause of the issue and get back to you as soon as possible with the new board.

Thanks
Emilia

Your return arrived today, was processed and repaired today, and left here by courier today.
In and out the same day.
That two week stuff is nonsense, you weren't even issued the RMA until the 29/10/13 (last Friday) it's in the RMA code itself.

I then posted this:

On Wed, Nov 6, 2013 at 1:14 PM, Customer Service <customerservice@kncminer.com> wrote:
Hi,

This has not yet arrived at our location. Could you please provide a tracking number so that we can chase it?

Should you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thanks
Emilia

So either you lied or she lied.

Sorry you are going to have to spell this out real slow, as all I can see was that she has responded there in an email to you at 1pm, I responded to you at 6pm, and Redacted confirmed it had arrived that day. So what's the issue?
Jeesus your dence.

You told us the RMA had allready been received and processed and sent out, according to "Emilia".

UPS said they still had the package.
KnC said they didnt have the package.

You lied either about having spoke to Emilia, or the status of the RMA. Pretty simple.

"Your return arrived today, was processed and repaired today, and left here by courier today.
In and out the same day.
That two week stuff is nonsense, you weren't even issued the RMA until the 29/10/13 (last Friday) it's in the RMA code itself." < your quote

You're nuts. You were online, Redacted was online, I was online, Emilia was at 6pm. I ask her to look it up as a favour to Redacted at the other day, an entire 5 hours after you receive an email from her at 1pm with no confirmation of delivery from UPS at that point. UPS presumably do not live update. Deliveries arrive here until 3pm weekdays. Emilia handles customer service, she does not open, test, repair, or replace anything, she does however process the daily collections, order the courier to pick up at 5pm each day. And clear the Daily RMA list EOD. Within that time UPS delivered and therefore we immediately sent a return, which was verified by Redacted.

...and has just been verified again. Did not enter these doors until that day, replaced that day. As Redacted already stated UPS delayed the return to us. I thought this was case open, case closed the other day, but apparently you are determined to find something that doesn't exist. Arrived at the UPS office where it was scanned at 6pm, and is actually out for delivery today, in the US.

UPS delivered over 24 hours AFTER you said we had a replacement on the way, as verified my Emilia. Then I get an email from her AFTER YOU SAID THAT stating they dont have it and asking us for tracking number.

So your telling me that KnC mystically received my modual? IM not talking about looking at the tracking number- I physically spoke to someone at UPS in sweden shortly after you said it arrived, and he had It had been sitting in a warehouse since the first failed delivery.

Im not looking for "something that doesnt exist" im using hard facts to prove that either KnC is lying, or you are. Its not that hard to have a straightforward RMA process that does not involve deceiving consumers.

"Your return arrived today, was processed and repaired today, and left here by courier today.
In and out the same day.
That two week stuff is nonsense, you weren't even issued the RMA until the 29/10/13 (last Friday) it's in the RMA code itself."

24 hours later (LOCAL TIME, not US time) the package was delivered.
Syke
Legendary

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 06:50:22 PM

What is nearly impossible to predict is WHEN it will level off. It seems to be starting to now, but this could be a hiccup.

It's not going to level off anytime soon. Any leveling off you see is just temporary variation. Tons more hashpower is coming online in the following months. A few days of low increase means nothing in the big scheme of things. 6 months from now I'm going to laugh so hard at anyone sayinig it's leveling off now.

Buy & Hold
jelin1984
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 06:50:44 PM

why the saturn stop from knc?
timmmers

Activity: 1176
Merit: 265

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 06:53:25 PM

The thing is, we have no way to profit from a downward turn

Oh yes we have. http://www.plus500.co.uk/ if you have the bottle. Leverage though..so be careful if you have a go. Demo mode. Get used to it and see the huge losses you can make if you aren't careful. Wink

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin

.ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..

█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.TELEGRAM
xyzzy099
Legendary

Activity: 1062
Merit: 1041

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 06:57:36 PM

He's still mathematically correct. The huge increases CANNOT continue. It's simply impossible. For it to keep the exponential increase, the next company would have to deliver at least twice as much as KnC, and they'd have to do it within a few days. It will level off.

It's a truism that difficulty can't increase forever, but the steepness of that curve can still turn back more and more vertical very quickly - and will soon enough.  Hashfast and Cointerra WILL ship at some point, KnC and Bitfury will continue to make units as quickly as they can, for as long as they can do so profitably, and others will join in also, for as long as it remains profitable to sell mining hardware.

I am happy to see the recent decline in the steepness of that curve - but I am not lulled into believing that it is a long term change.

Make your BTC while you can.

Libertarians:  Diligently plotting to take over the world and leave you alone.
FUKT

Activity: 446
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 06:59:37 PM

Just got my RMA, has KNC changed their tune? They sent me a UPS label and are paying for shipping. Does anyone know what shipping speed and service I am looking at from Australia to Sweden?
CYPER

Activity: 798
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 07:01:53 PM

Just got my RMA, has KNC changed their tune? They sent me a UPS label and are paying for shipping. Does anyone know what shipping speed and service I am looking at from Australia to Sweden?

I was offered free prepaid return label on 1st November, so I guess they have been doing that for a while.
Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 07:02:38 PM

It's a truism that difficulty can't increase forever, but the steepness of that curve can still turn back more and more vertical very quickly - and will soon enough.  Hashfast and Cointerra WILL ship at some point, KnC and Bitfury will continue to make units as quickly as they can, for as long as they can do so profitably, and others will join in also, for as long as it remains profitable to sell mining hardware.

I am happy to see the recent decline in the steepness of that curve - but I am not lulled into believing that it is a long term change.

Every time a manufacturer delivers, the cloud's hashrate gets larger, which makes it that much harder to make the same impact on the next delivery...   Not too hard to understand.....

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
augustocroppo
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 07:03:06 PM

finally the increase seems to flatten Smiley
Weird, because with this high BTC value I can image some are even turning on gpus for BTC again..

http://bitcoin.sipa.be/speed-small-lin-2k.png
http://bitcoindifficulty.com/

Fact is, there it was, the largest shift in Bitcoin tech, with not really anything else coming online currently, certainly not in line with what just occured. That seismic shift in hashrate, equal to the entire cumulative hashrate since Bitcoins inception 4 3/4 years ago will never reoccur with such impact, in such a short period of time ever again.

Wink

Someone makes a claim that "seems to flatten" and you jump over as that proves your gibberish statement was right all way along?

Cheesy

Why do you like to pretend to be an expert in something you do not understand completely?

Let me show you what is a "plateau" in the exponential axis chart:

Syke
Legendary

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 07:07:34 PM

Every time a manufacturer delivers, the cloud's hashrate gets larger, which makes it that much harder to make the same impact on the next delivery...   Not too hard to understand.....

So far, it's been just amatuers shipping units. When the real manufacturers start pumping out miners, you're going to cry at the difficulty increases.

Buy & Hold
Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 07:09:12 PM

So far, it's been just amatuers shipping units. When the real manufacturers start pumping out miners, you're going to cry at the difficulty increases.
I surely agree.....  except the part about only amateurs... I don't consider AllChip & AST, or Orsoc amateurs

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
xyzzy099
Legendary

Activity: 1062
Merit: 1041

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 07:11:25 PM

Let's see if you understand this:  Supply of hashpower WILL increase until it is barely profitable to sell it - which will coincide exactly with the point where the most efficient miners make only the slimmest margins they can accept and stay in the business of mining.

That means difficulty will continue to rise - even if not a steeply as it is at the moment - until you, me, and all of us who are not going into this as a serious industry will be pushed out of the market.

Libertarians:  Diligently plotting to take over the world and leave you alone.
WastedLTC

Activity: 776
Merit: 536

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 07:12:38 PM

I've seen a few mentions here about a "10% discount" on BTC payments. Where does that appear on the KNC website?

when u select billing method at checkout.
Pages: « 1 ... 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 [1016] 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: