Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 01:56:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 [1021] 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 11:35:15 AM

I just stepped deeper into the shit- Order 10xxx.

Wish me luck, some of that never hurts. Wink

Its like orama said.

Sure buying hardware atm may be good now however if btc does go down to sub 200 and the hardware from hf ct and ava gen2 goes live expect lots of tears.

Understood, but I feel BTC is going up. I'm not a fortune teller, tho.

Time reveals all, point being, please wish me luck!

I'm betting long on bitcoin. I think it will bobble a bit, as it has every other time it's gone up a lot, probably stabilize for a few weeks around 250-275, and then slowly climb for a bit, then go up a lot, then bobble a bit... This has been it's pattern since I started paying close attention.

I wish you the best of luck, sir. My only problem is a bit of jealousy. I wanted in on this, and couldn't raise the money. But I am glad that my horse won, even if I and it are a bit ragged right now Smiley

And to you "purists" who don't think betting against the exchange rate is a "valid" positive ROI, Stuff it. Your argument makes no economic sense, no moral sense, no technical sense, and reeks of pseudo elitist horseshit. If it were not for the rise in value of bitcoin against other currencies, there would be no ASIC race, no front page news, no widespread adoption, and the experiment would have already failed.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 11:45:55 AM

wht is point buy machine if difficulty increases 10 times?

Some of us are playing the long game. As the value of bitcoin rises, it will hopefully offset the difficulty increases. Right now, based on bitcoin prices when the units were first offered for pre-order, you are making more money IN SPITE of the increase than if it had remained the same or driopped. Difficulty is only one factor.

Plus, mining is fun. Not all profits are tangible. If I find a way to lay my hands on one of these machines, I'll run the bitch until it's costing me twice what it brings in in coin. Probably longer, as I am well versed in building off grid power systems. If bitcoin becomes widely adopted as a currency or a commodity, it's value will continue to rise, and those "expensive" coins I mined will appreciate in purchasing power long after the miner has ceased to function.

Frankly, if you are not long on bitcoin, you probably should find a different vehicle to invest your time and money on. If you are, and you are not terminally risk averse, this is a fun and potentially VERY profitable game. I have pissed away a lot more money in the past on things that didn't return any money to me, or if it did I just sunk it in the game again. Racing in the mountains for instance... In the late 80's I probably blew through more than 50K (1988 money) in one summer. Some of it was winnings, which I could have used for something more "profitable", but I instead put it back into my car. Over the course of a year, I killed that car. An outside observer would almost certainly say that I gained nothing and made a bad series of decisions with my money. They would be wrong. I had an immense amount of fun, I learned how to do things with four cylinder engines that at the time almost nobody was doing, I learned how to drive at an insane skill level, and did I mention? I had an immense amount of fun.

Would I do it again, given the same circumstances? Even given the perspective of half a lifetime since then?

HELL YES!

Profit is gain, and every man measures his profit by his own criteria. Money is only one score. If money is your only goal, then you probably are not going to be interested in bleeding edge risks. If it's merely part of the score, then you're in the right game. Even from the sidelines, this is exhilarating. I wouldn't miss it for a 20 kilo bar of gold.
The Avenger

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 12:09:09 PM

Plus, mining is fun. Not all profits are tangible. If I find a way to lay my hands on one of these machines, I'll run the bitch until it's costing me twice what it brings in in coin.
Man, you are so full of shit. You haven't invested a penny in asic hardware and you come out with statements like this. You are living in a dream world, with zero skin in the game.

And the fact you can't come up with a few grand to invest suggests you are a loser, with no real business skills, just a lot of talk.

Why don't you sell everything you have and buy some hardware, then we might be able to take a single word you say seriously? Otherwise, take your soap box and fuck off.

"I am not The Avenger"
1AthxGvreWbkmtTXed6EQfjXMXXdSG7dD6
Bargraphics

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do.

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 12:26:13 PM

And the fact you can't come up with a few grand to invest suggests you are a loser, with no real business skills, just a lot of talk.

Why don't you sell everything you have and buy some hardware.

Tell us more Mr. Businessman.
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2013, 12:28:46 PM
Last edit: November 09, 2013, 12:56:56 PM by markm

Plus, mining is fun. Not all profits are tangible. If I find a way to lay my hands on one of these machines, I'll run the bitch until it's costing me twice what it brings in in coin.
Man, you are so full of shit. You haven't invested a penny in asic hardware and you come out with statements like this. You are living in a dream world, with zero skin in the game.

Why don't you sell everything you have and buy some hardware, then we might be able to take a single word you say seriously? Otherwise, take your soap box and fuck off.

I think he (Biomech) sounds correct, especially if you pay attention to the part about being long on bitcoin.

He didn't say bullish, he said long.

It even seems possible that he didn't mean he didn't have the number of bitcoins it would have taken to buy a miner but simply that he was not long enough on bitcoin to buy a miner and still be long in bitcoins relative to how long he'd have become in ASICs.

If you have shitloads of bitcoin already, enough that bitcoin going to $1000 a coin isn't going to leave you thinking damn I should have saved just a few more coins instead of playing the mining game, then going long on ASIC tech in addition to staying long on bitcoins sounds not unreasonable at all.

If bitcoin had gone up to $1000 in the last few days instead of not having even reached $500 yet I'd have snapped up another Jupiter most likely, because we are on the get there for real followup wave following the bubble to $266 that happened a while ago. So even up at $500+ I'd expect a crash back down to $266 or below because I expect a bubble up to the next big step or plateau above the $266 previous high-water-mark first before a get there (the next big step above $266) for real wave. So somewhere up here above $266 I am going to be thinking hey we are into the next bubble already instead of merely being up at the got there ($266) for real plateau signaled long ago by the $266 bubble. Maybe the next bubble is coming so soon after climbing back to $266 because it took so long for the climb back, or something.

So maybe at around $500 I will buy a Jupiter rather than find myself regretting not having done so when the bubble crashes back to $266, maybe momentarily even below that, then settles at around $266 or somewhere above that. But settle at $500? I doubt that, a bubble all the way to $1000+ without stopping at $500 seems more likely based on previous bubble activity. Still maybe crashing all the way back to $266 or even momentarily below. So I am kind of thinking the top of the bubble is the moment to go long ASIC while bitcoins still buy a lot of ASIC... Others maybe had thought aha we are at the $266+ plateau, might as well buy now, its going to hover here for gosh knows how long before the next bubble, thus already snapped up a november jupiter in last few days maybe before noticing hey another bubble might be here already lets see how high it goes before snapping up some more ASIC.

Remember, holding bitcoins and mining are both wild exciting rides, so I'd not take his car story as implying throw all your bitcoins into mining gear but rather as throw all your fiat into getting long on bitcoins and if you have money left over go long mining gear too for the sheer heck of it if buying a rig or few won't be a big bite out of your bitcoin long-ness. (Heck it is what percent of your bitcoin to buy a rig or few? Why have shitloads of bitcoins if not to enjoy spending some when they peak in exchange rate? What would be more fun to spend a few on than a rally car or a mining rig?)

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
kendog77

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 12:51:17 PM

If BTC hits $500 within the next week or two, and Knc is still taking November orders, I'll probably put some BTC towards another Jupiter as well.

I wonder when Knc will cut off November orders?

It's also plausible that they are manufacturing November orders right now and simply holding back shipment until the 15th. We could see a lot of hashing power hit the network in the third week of November.
The Avenger

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 12:57:36 PM

-MarkM-
If he wants to talk fantasy or strategy, there are plenty of other places on the forum for that.

He plague's this thread on a daily basis with his fantasy and judgments - take it somewhere else. It's got nothing to do with custom hardware. Only the fact that he's got a boner for something he can't afford.

"I am not The Avenger"
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2013, 01:04:40 PM

But it was a custom car! Cars are hardware! Tongue

Oops, not mining hardware though.

So what the heck lets outright ask...

Biomech, are you long bitcoin?

Or did you mean if you had bitcoins you'd blow them on mining gear but don't even have as many bitcoin as a rig cost then or even as it would cost now?

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
jelin1984
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 01:10:58 PM

someone which have btc from 2009 in these forum
i think is real rich!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CYPER

Merit: 502

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 01:19:54 PM

Tell that to the guy who bought a pizza for 10K BTC  Grin
jelin1984
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 01:23:55 PM

HAHAH YES

i think that the man owner the pizza store
is closed now

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 01:26:12 PM

Good thing you invested a lot of cash in asic hardware with no proof and you are unable to solve your problems and cry like a bitch.

So final count was 5 (FIVE) people with problems right now out of the ~3000 customers or whatever was the number. Good job KnC i say!

The Avenger

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 01:30:07 PM

Tell that to the guy who bought a pizza for 10K BTC  Grin

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=92.0

I want to make a little experiment here:

I want to auction 10,000 BTC off, starting bid is 50 USD.
(10k BTC are currently worth ~65.50 USD)

The auction will run for seven days.
It will finish @ 6th April 3.00am German Time (usually UTC +1h, +2h at the moment).
(for the correct time look here: http://www.weltzeituhr.com/laender/039_e.shtml

To make a bid you have to post in this thread here and say how much you bid.
Only condition: every bid has to be at least 1 USD higher than the previous one.

After the auction is over, I will pm the highest bidder and will send him 5000 BTC, then I will wait until the bidder has transfered his money to my paypal account and will then send the other 5000 BTC. This is necessary to protect me from false/joke bidders.

Enough said,

Good luck Cheesy

+

Auction is over.
Since nobody has made the starting bid, the bitcoins do not change their owner.

"I am not The Avenger"
CYPER

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 01:33:53 PM

Good thing you invested a lot of cash in asic hardware with no proof and you are unable to solve your problems and cry like a bitch.

So final count was 5 (FIVE) people with problems right now out of the ~3000 customers or whatever was the number. Good job KnC i say!

Come one don't be so naive - there are a lot more than 5 people, who had or still have problems. Just head over to KNC forum and see for yourself.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 01:49:52 PM

KnC's gen 2 in March? As opposed to a more than half Gh in a few weeks?

AFTER the stragglers have finished delivering half a dozen Ph? As opposed to more than... in a few weeks?

maybe...

Next gen will have to be cheaper and waaay faster.. ..or it's not going to be worth having one. It will be interesting to see what they come up  with. They must know what the target is now, but telling us would kill any orders in Nov maybe? IF theey do manage a gen 2 worth buying, it will sell like hotcakes and murder thee ROI of anything currently hashing.

With so many variables to consider that is why honesty from manufacturers is crucial, on delivery especially. You can't expect to track them aall, but the one that you are paying money to you should be fully informed about.

you know to be truthful I wonder if they even know what they are gonna shoot for PH and price wise...I mean it is soooooo nuts that it is looking like a 2ph machine by cointerra in feb at this price is insane (by the by cointerra did just announce on their page a successful tapeout)

http://cointerra.com/product/terraminer-iv-2ths-networked-asic-miner-february-batch/

2TH at $5999.00 w/o shipping? FEB order>Huh?  what is that like what a Jupiter would have mined 1 month ago..sure you MIGHT make ROI but I mean really 6K for FEB? at 2TH?

http://cointerra.com/product/terraminer-iv-2ths-networked-asic-miner-february-batch/

anyway I think it very likely that KNC is getting a massive headache just trying to 'guess" what to offer for what price in the future...in this ASIC arms race...I bet they are as befuddled as the rest of us on how to play this out for FEB/MARCH price and GH wise

anyway my 2c worth
Searing

This is a good point, how to predict the future of btc and hash rate.

hey it is not likely...but actually that is what they kinda have to do ...even before they decide to "design the chip" or other parts of the next generation product...daunting task with how nuts things are lately imho

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2013, 02:50:24 PM

I've made a new dashboard page for the kncminer using node.js.

[snip]

Anyway, any comment appreciated !

How does it affect memory (RAM) use? As I am already having cgminer killed periodically by lack of RAM so anythign that makes the system use less could be useful but bloating the RAM use to get graphical dials on a web page would seem counterproductive given that RAM is a scarce resource and running out of it can lose mining-time.

(Totally getting rid of the whole webserver / webpage stuff entirely might be much more productive even, maybe...)

-MarkM-

Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 03:01:58 PM

if you are tl;dr go directly to 50sec in the video Wink

"This video is currently unavailable."

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
dairy100

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 03:05:04 PM

I looked at youtube videos of jupiters. these things are much quieter than a BFL 60, right?
RHA

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 04:24:24 PM

Drico, it's great.
Yet the log going down is a bit unusual.
If you can mimic all (or most) of what cgminer displays, do it - people will have full cgminer view at browser window without the necessity of ssh.
CYPER

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 04:32:34 PM

I looked at youtube videos of jupiters. these things are much quieter than a BFL 60, right?

They are as quiet as 6 fans at 1350rpm can be. So yeah - not silent, but rather quiet Wink
Pages: « 1 ... 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 [1021] 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: