Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:39:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 1745 1746 1747 1748 1749 1750 1751 1752 1753 1754 1755 1756 1757 1758 1759 1760 1761 1762 1763 1764 1765 1766 1767 1768 1769 1770 1771 1772 1773 1774 1775 1776 1777 1778 1779 1780 1781 1782 1783 1784 1785 1786 1787 1788 1789 1790 1791 1792 1793 1794 [1795] 1796 1797 1798 1799 1800 1801 1802 1803 1804 1805 1806 1807 1808 1809 1810 1811 1812 1813 1814 1815 1816 1817 1818 1819 1820 1821 1822 1823 1824 1825 1826 1827 1828 1829 1830 1831 1832 1833 1834 1835 1836 1837 1838 1839 1840 1841 1842 1843 1844 1845 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049460 times)
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 04:05:54 AM

They made it pretty clear early on that they were going to be building a cloud hashing facility, and that Neptune would probably be their last consumer-grade mining product. Despite the constant bitching in this thread there is exactly zero data to show that they violated their miner protection guarantee during the period in which it was supposed to be relevant. Avenger hammers on endlessly about pseudo-facts like this and then just in the past day has rather hilariously ignored that the pie chart showed KNC with 5% of network hash power prior to the spike as Neptunes were being powered on and shipped.  That was actually what prompted me to post.

I am sorry but you are wrong here. They stated last summer that they will not self mine with more than 5% of what hashpower they sell. But let's ignore this fact, yes they have 5% NOW, but they are mining since March-April and they had a lot more than 5% back then. It's a very big difference from what you are saying.

The people who have complained about refunds seem to either be ephemeral trolls or to simply be unable to figure out how to provide the correct information for an international wire transfer. As this is a situation that could be resolved with a phone call or a short trip to their bank I don't see how this is a trust issue for KNC.

Let me tell you about some real facts. A real life friend of mine asked for a refund in May via wire transfer. KnC delayed him up to the point of shipping and he woke up with the Neptune at the door while they were able to issue bitcoin refunds. If you don't find this to be very bad practice towards their customers then you are too blinded by them.

Arguably with 3.3Th/s of performance they have exceeded their threshhold by 10%, and power consumption seems to have come in below the level they stated, so while it's more a motto than anything else, they did in fact over-deliver.

Yes personally I give them credit for that, but not for stating that the Neptune will be in a box like the Jupiter and then shipping it in 5 separate boxes. Engineering fail there.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
edgar
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 04:09:47 AM

Sorry for the off topic but when I restarted my October Saturn it just keeps rebooting after 5s being responsive to Ping's ... at the same time it resets the blue light flashes very quickly.

I found that If disconnect one of the asic board from the board the miner runs well with the remaining one. ... I already tried to connect the "bad" asic to other connectors on the controller board but the same thing happens. ...

Is there any logs that I could look to see what is going on?
Does anyone saw this behavior before? The miner was running for ~25 days 24x7 without any issue but now this happened......
Does it mean the board died?

thx!

what firmware are you running/ how many ports do you have on the controller board

I have 6 ports on the controller board and it is running firmware 1.01
Somehow, after rebooting the controller many times and factory reset the settings with the asics .. and the restoring one asic board per time is now working .... no idea what happened or what was the problem...

thx!

Dog-shit engineering?

+ LOL @ Old-Dominion back again, missed you ai-lie-orama - trying to get your job back??

or more of the old Stockholm syndrome?

E2A - Scam Cole - you know that 'grands' we owe ya?  Well i've come up with a cunning little scheme...

Old_dominion/Bitcuntorama/Alex - Slurp, Guzzle, Gag, One sec..... Gulp!  Anything you say boss, you got any more of those shirts in 'small'?

Scamhole - Yea, sure help yourself to any size you like. Take a couple.

Old/Cunt/Alex - oh thanks boss, the smalls perfect - you ready for round 2?

Scamhole - Go on then you mucky little jizzmopper.

O/C/A - Tee-Hee. Im such a go-getter, everyone else is a troll, liar or dense.

99% of the BTCTalk Community - 'what a bunch of cunts'

Phonie-X - Leave KnC alone...Waaaaa... 4 vrms, hodor, general stupidity & ignorance

Searing - i got a Titan (sigh) guess ill blah, blah, blah some more....sighs

Dropt - edgars a loud mouth (but raises very significant facts)

ok, i'm bored/vented now - Fuck Y'all!
SgtMoth

Activity: 910
Merit: 1004

buy silver!

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 04:10:06 AM

I guess the big question I have for those who have received their Neptune's in the US and in Canada (if there aren't Canadian's other than myself in this thread) did you have to pay duty if so how how much?

Thanks,

You don't have to pay duty but you have to pay the HST @ 13% of the declared value after converting to CAD which is a real downer since our dollar plummeted against the USD since last NOV.  I've had to pay this one every miner I've purchased... yes I got BFL'd.

depends what province.

Alberta should pay 5% GST only.

*edit* plus probably some kind of brokerage fee

I may or may not get my stuff shipped to the states first...always...sask here....cheaper....frankncrapper didnt cost me any customs....it was broken.....marked "useless computer shit" ...replacement parts marked "RMA replacement parts"....good thing the boxes were fkd up alittle, that always helps...
sergio

Activity: 313
Merit: 258

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2014, 06:10:09 AM

I have to agree with this. The lies they told and then turning the customer into the competition. Shameless and pityful.

Mmmm .... Lurked on this one for a while ... and have respect for Dogie with his excellent teardowns ... but KNC surely lost all trust some time ago?

If not ... why not?

Maybe because for anyone who isn't sucking down BS from Avenger and friends it looks like aside from doing a crappy job of boxing products before shipping and having a rather ruthless approach to replacing the damaged gear, KNC has pretty much done everything they said they would, which puts them in rather rare company when it comes to mining equipment.

They made it pretty clear early on that they were going to be building a cloud hashing facility, and that Neptune would probably be their last consumer-grade mining product. Despite the constant bitching in this thread there is exactly zero data to show that they violated their miner protection guarantee during the period in which it was supposed to be relevant. Avenger hammers on endlessly about pseudo-facts like this and then just in the past day has rather hilariously ignored that the pie chart showed KNC with 5% of network hash power prior to the spike as Neptunes were being powered on and shipped.  That was actually what prompted me to post.

If you pre-ordered a Neptune thinking there was not going to be a huge difficulty rise then you were delusional, since at the time that orders first opened it looked as if Cointerra and HashFast were starting to ship in volume.  That they both performed below expectations and the difficulty rise happened anyway thanks to cheaper chicom stuff and various dedicated mining operations (to include KNC's) instead doesn't change the fact that buying a Neptune was a bet that difficulty wouldn't rise too much by the time they shipped. You could argue the Q1/Q2 thing but when someone tells you they'll ship somewhere in a six month range you'd be an idiot to put all your chips on it being early in that range. If you chose not to refund then you made your bed and can now lie in it. I see exactly nothing untrustworthy about a situation in which people are unhappy with the outcome of a gamble they freely engaged.

The people who have complained about refunds seem to either be ephemeral trolls or to simply be unable to figure out how to provide the correct information for an international wire transfer. As this is a situation that could be resolved with a phone call or a short trip to their bank I don't see how this is a trust issue for KNC.

It sounds like they finally found someone who can box things up based on Elenelen's report that the Neptune modules were well packed.

Arguably with 3.3Th/s of performance they have exceeded their threshhold by 10%, and power consumption seems to have come in below the level they stated, so while it's more a motto than anything else, they did in fact over-deliver.

Mine shipped today BTW (I had a late CA order#), and my plan remains the same. Play with it for a while and then probably sell it on eBay if it looks like they're selling for enough. Same for the second one that will show up sometime later. I may well end up with net negative monopoly money but c'est la vie.  I was the one who rolled the dice, not KNC - and I didn't play with money that I could not afford to lose. While I have it, I'm hoping for a decent owners thread since this thread is a train wreck of useless posts by people who neither own anything nor have ever ordered anything from KNC.

Oh one last thing, I think the bitching about the IRS ruling is idiotic. I mean idiotic in the technical sense because it actually opens up some interesting options. If you have to pay capital gains on Bitcoin then the cost basis for the BTC would be the miner plus the electricity. If you mine less BTC than the USD equivalent of your cost basis you've taken a capital loss, which offsets any capital gains in other areas (such investments in more conventional equities such as stocks).  If you achieve positive ROI then you'd owe taxes at the capital gains rate which should be lower than your income tax rate. Or maybe you try another approach and deduct costs for your "hobby business", which under IRS rules means you can deduct costs up to the amount of revenue the hobby business generated, so you could probably deduct the cost of the miner as an unreimbursed business expense up to the USD-equivalent value of the bitcoins you mined.  Since you'd be getting a deduction against your bracket tax rate rather than the lower capital gains rate, this might work out, and the B2B terms of the sales contract from KNC actually reinforce this if questioned by the IRS - you clearly bought it under a B2B arrangement.  Alternately, it is reasonable to straight line depreciate mining hardware to 0 over a very short period, as they are essentially worthless within a year. One could think of this as an extremely expensive machine tool head that cannot be resharpened.

nonsense.

KNC clearly scammed their customer by providing constant lies.

1. the promise not to compete against their own customer over 5% of the customers hash rate, as of this writing they currently mine over 9% of the total bitcoin network.

2. The promised refunds, they are delaying refunds so much, it is giving the impression that refunds have stopped, no one is known to have recently been refunded, and they are not being transparent at all.

3. The offered a free unconditional second neptune to discourage more refunds, that was not honored since the second neptuned is under the condition that you do not accept the offer to mine while you wait.

4. The were late on shipping, batch 0, 1 was supposed to be delivered 1 month before batch 2 and batch 2 was due on q1/q2, this did not happen. They where late.

5. They build a huge data center with customers money, money which was meant for the unique purpose of the construction of miners.

6. The offered new equipment, and super jupiter customers got defective used equipment, they were cleaning their data center to make room for the neptunes, but told the customers another well known story which was another scam.

7. They are violating EU law by not honoring refund within the 30 days that the law stipulates.

8. They sell a product which is a fire hazard, and more than one fire will occur it is a matter of time, they are pushing over 400 watts on a port that was designed for 150 watts, that is outright illegal, it violated UL and CE standards, and that is why their products are not certified for safety, it is not the excuse they tell customers in regards the power supply, all other mining companies ship a power supply with the miner.

9. They delete posts from their forum which are not on their best interest.

10. They are known for banning users for the same reason.

11. To prevent further refunds they started shipping before announcing final specs, and some customers that wanted refunds as of recent for miners that have not shipped could not get refunds since they have started the shipping process.

12. Some Neptunes delivered recently do not work.

13. They now claim their customers are businesses even though they do not operate as a business, have no business affiliations, and are clearly end users.

and I am sure other can point other things I may have missed, but what I mention above alone is enough to put KNC almost at the same level as BFL, they are outright crooks.

I have to point out that given enough time every crook meets its match, and it is bound to happen.

Dogies rating of mining companies have lost all of my respect, for rating a company that is scamming, and failing to  provide refunds as good, with a comment that they honor refund, and they are not honoring refunds based on evidence seen on this forum, redit, and their forum.
If I were to rate them it would be a D-.

Sam Cole are you listening, if you want to clean up your dignity now is your change, otherwise you are proving us that you have no dignity, it is not because  I  say it, it is your actions that define you.
RoadStress
Legendary

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 06:14:26 AM

Sam Cole are you listening, if you want to clean up your dignity now is your change, otherwise you are proving us that you have no dignity, it is not because  I  say it, it is your actions that define you.

This has already been proven and it will remain like this. Cheap Sam Cole will never turn towards the customers that helped him to be where he is today. KnC deserves to die just like Avalon did and it's time to move away from this company and from it's lying and deceiving managers.

wasubii

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 07:25:16 AM

If Sam Arsecole keep increasing his hashrate, Bitcoin will loose it creditbility and price will fall.
Good job Sam arsehole.

Bigger hashrate is good, lying own customers is bad.

If Sam Arsehole have 51% of the network,  it's all over.
I don't think that GREEDY bastard understand it.

Just because he is a greedy bastard he will not do something to disrupt bitcoin network.

I have $5095

Option A: buy 8.5 bitcoin today

Option B: buy a 6 TH/s miner with delivery in september that will mine back in its lifetime less than 5 bitcoin (and thats assuming it is delivered beginning of september). Oh, and you still have to pay for power and rewiring your house.

Please do enlighten us all and tell us how a buyer could go for option B and possibly be better off than option A? What is your magic secret?

I will cross post this (original post https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=521520.msg7480675#msg7480675)

This has been discussed so many times already. As stated before I think there is a small misconception about the bitcoin ROI. Buying and holding 9 bitcoins raises the question of when you exchange them back to fiat or what are you doing with them while mining gives you more options.The way I see it it this:

- Exchange rate doesn't move for 6-12 months:
         - Buying and holding makes 0 profit;
         - Mining will show a profit because there is less incentive to deploy new hashpower
- Exchange rate goes up (fast or slow):
         - Buying and holding will show a profit, but uncertain because of the moment of exchanging. Will you exchange at 1000$, 1200$, 1500$ and so on. If you exchange 3 bitcoin at 1000$ and next month you have a 1200$ rate then you lost some profit there, while mining tends to smooth a bit this;
         - Mining will always show a profit if exchange rate goes up. I realize that it will be smaller than buying and holding if the exchange rate will go up fast, but since nobody doesn't know the future I prefer the conservative way instead of the lotto way.

There you have it. Out of 4 possibilities only 3 will show a profit and 2 out of 3 are from mining. It's everyone's choice how he plans his financing. All ROI discussions sums up to the above for me and I feel that it's a very over discussed general subject.

Your whole answer is based on the premise of maximising fiat....

I want to maximise bitcoin

Therefore i ask again

Why buy a machine for 8.5 bitcoins that will likely never return 5 bitcoin (and thats before you take power/hosting costs into account)
sergio

Activity: 313
Merit: 258

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2014, 07:59:58 AM

This has already been proven and it will remain like this. Cheap Sam Cole will never turn towards the customers that helped him to be where he is today. KnC deserves to die just like Avalon did and it's time to move away from this company and from it's lying and deceiving managers.

fully agree.
Elenelen

Activity: 203
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 08:15:59 AM
Last edit: June 25, 2014, 08:30:30 AM by Elenelen

Finaly managed to get 3 boxes working out of the batch I had and now seem to find the following issues:

Lots of errors like
 [2014-06-25 06:49:08] KnC: 3.0.310 Failed to setwork (19)
 [2014-06-25 06:49:08] KnC: 3.0.311 Failed to setwork (19)
 [2014-06-25 06:49:08] KnC: 3.0.312 Failed to setwork (19)
 [2014-06-25 06:49:08] KnC: 3.0.313 Failed to setwork (19)
 [2014-06-25 06:49:08] KnC: 3.0.314 Failed to setwork (19)
 [2014-06-25 06:49:08] KnC: 3.0.315 Failed to setwork (19)
 [2014-06-25 06:49:08] KnC: 3.0.316 Failed to setwork (19)

And hashrate drops to almost 400Ghash when running into a lot of hardware errors.

This "failed to setwork" is caused by the "Advanced window", as soon as you click to another webpage (for instance "Status") the error will disappear... and yes: these errors take about 300 Ghs away from the total of 3.3Th (5 boxes).

actually: you get the best results, by not using the Web-interface at all....

I already emailed KnC, but they have not replied... so maybe someone else (You?) should inform them as well... so they can solve this "failed to setwork" soon.
RoadStress
Legendary

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 08:47:44 AM

Your whole answer is based on the premise of maximising fiat....
I want to maximise bitcoin
Therefore i ask again
Why buy a machine for 8.5 bitcoins that will likely never return 5 bitcoin (and thats before you take power/hosting costs into account)

Sure, but for the moment bitcoin can't function alone without a link to the fiat no matter how you use it. Unless you just want to horde bitcoins and do nothing with them for at least 5-10 years you must take note of the fiat part. Even when bitcoin will not be linked directly to fiat it will still be linked to products or services which at some point translate into some kind of fiat. I see no problem in just buying bitcoins, but I am sure that you will spend them sometime because you are not part of the top 500 Forbes to afford buying/hording bitcoins and forgetting about them (like most 2009-early 2011 miners did)

The Avenger

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 09:23:43 AM
Last edit: June 25, 2014, 09:39:46 AM by The Avenger

Got three people saying they have faulty rigs here, so "functional" is yet to be proved:
http://forum.kncminer.com/forum/main-category/hardware/47688-neptune-here-but-not-working

The link you posted seems to indicate an issue with power supplies not ASIC's.
Your statement that they claim 'faulty rigs' is not supported by your link.
Although the issues are related.

YMMV
Smiley

Don't blame it on sunshine
Don't blame it on moonlight
Don't blame it on knc asic's (or minimal testing)
Blame it on the PSU-eeeyyyyy!

Cheesy

Is this going to be another "Don't use Corsair HX850, it's faulty and it destroy's our high quality ASIC's" storyline like last year? Because we all know knc do much more testing on their rigs than Corsair do on their PSUs. KNC must have spent a full 48 hours from getting their chips to shipping first unit, so what could go wrong? Those lousy PSU's!

"I am not The Avenger"
1AthxGvreWbkmtTXed6EQfjXMXXdSG7dD6
edgar
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 10:14:37 AM

Got three people saying they have faulty rigs here, so "functional" is yet to be proved:
http://forum.kncminer.com/forum/main-category/hardware/47688-neptune-here-but-not-working

YMMV
Smiley

Cheesy

Is this going to be another "Don't use Corsair HX850, it's faulty and it destroy's our high quality ASIC's" storyline like last year? Because we all know knc do much more testing on their rigs than Corsair do on their PSUs. KNC must have spent a full 48 hours from getting their chips to shipping first unit, so what could go wrong? Those lousy PSU's!

and those pesky investduhs/liars/trolls that paid for every single square foot of dator hall and its furnishings
smoothrunnings

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 10:24:33 AM

I have to agree with this. The lies they told and then turning the customer into the competition. Shameless and pityful.

Mmmm .... Lurked on this one for a while ... and have respect for Dogie with his excellent teardowns ... but KNC surely lost all trust some time ago?

If not ... why not?
Oh one last thing, I think the bitching about the IRS ruling is idiotic. I mean idiotic in the technical sense because it actually opens up some interesting options. If you have to pay capital gains on Bitcoin then the cost basis for the BTC would be the miner plus the electricity. If you mine less BTC than the USD equivalent of your cost basis you've taken a capital loss, which offsets any capital gains in other areas (such investments in more conventional equities such as stocks).  If you achieve positive ROI then you'd owe taxes at the capital gains rate which should be lower than your income tax rate. Or maybe you try another approach and deduct costs for your "hobby business", which under IRS rules means you can deduct costs up to the amount of revenue the hobby business generated, so you could probably deduct the cost of the miner as an unreimbursed business expense up to the USD-equivalent value of the bitcoins you mined.  Since you'd be getting a deduction against your bracket tax rate rather than the lower capital gains rate, this might work out, and the B2B terms of the sales contract from KNC actually reinforce this if questioned by the IRS - you clearly bought it under a B2B arrangement.  Alternately, it is reasonable to straight line depreciate mining hardware to 0 over a very short period, as they are essentially worthless within a year. One could think of this as an extremely expensive machine tool head that cannot be resharpened.

Be careful what you interrupted the IRS ruling because they can really mean something else, since it's hard to take them to court and win I don't think you want to be going down that path.

Btw, have you found the law in your state that says you have to file tax return each year? When the IRS income tax law was passed close to or over Christmas holidays only a hand of states signed the bill, the fact it was done this way (under the rug) makes it unconstitutional for anyone to pay income tax in the US. And the Supreme Court of the United States ruled that only someone to makes a capital gain from someone else's services has to pay income tax (something to that affect), basically ruling that only company/corporations should be paying income tax not the individual who provides his trade and its reimbursed for it.

The was a movie done on this topic years ago; I thinks it's called Freedom to Fascism.

smoothrunnings

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 10:28:33 AM

I guess the big question I have for those who have received their Neptune's in the US and in Canada (if there aren't Canadian's other than myself in this thread) did you have to pay duty if so how how much?

Thanks,

You don't have to pay duty but you have to pay the HST @ 13% of the declared value after converting to CAD which is a real downer since our dollar plummeted against the USD since last NOV.  I've had to pay this one every miner I've purchased... yes I got BFL'd.

depends what province.

Alberta should pay 5% GST only.

*edit* plus probably some kind of brokerage fee

Yikes, so I guess I would like to know if any of the B1 customers are from Canada here and when they get their Neptune what does KNC mark its value as, because that's how they determine the HST. For us Canadians that could mean paying an extra $1500.

tolip_wen

Activity: 386
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 11:08:46 AM

YMMV
Smiley

Cheesy

LOL, I was'nt claiming issues don't exist, just that the link at the time I read it seemed to indicate PSU's.

Just some friendly pushback from someone who has been known to 'open mouth change feet'
It's all good Smiley

Either way I'll know in a few hours if they sealed the smoke in there real good. Wink
My box is in the Chicago area already so scheduled delivery seems likely today.

YMMV
Smiley

'twisted research and opinion' donations happily accepted @
13362fxFAdrhagmCvSmFy4WoHrNRPG2V57
My sub 1337 vanity address Wink
The Avenger

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 12:01:24 PM

LOL yea of course lets blame the PSU.. which is tested for years of development by Enermax.
Side note which I already told KNC is when I run the Enermax with 2 x Radeon R9 290X the power supply runs stable and power supply doesn't shut down at all, and running these two video cards takes about 800-1100W.
The only reason for tripping the PSU might be that it not actually tripped my PSU's but my bridge PSU tester, so will do my next testing with a simple paperclip solution so the PSU tester don't shuts off the wiring between green and black to make sure.
In any case it's not the PSU's that are at fault here it's the bad design of KNC and their modules.
Even when I run 1 module per 1500W power supply without tripping anything I run into the old DIE issue we have seen with the Jupiters

I will do another endless testing loop tonight because KNC wants me on different PSU then the Enermax so there goes another night in full debugging mode.

Yeah, those Enermax Platimax 1500W 95% efficiency, platinum rated PSU's you are using - not good enough for KNC's hardware! Grin  Roll Eyes  Tongue

Once again, KNC customers become beta testers.

"I am not The Avenger"
Micky25
Legendary

Activity: 974

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 12:07:03 PM

I use 2 x EVGA 1300 G2, runs like a charm. No problems at all, I never had any with KNC products.
Cablez
Legendary

Activity: 1400

I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 12:15:10 PM

Looking at the manual for the Maxrevo 1500 the OCP is stated as 40-50A per 12V rail.  It is possible to trip the OCP with the available PCIe/EPS modular section alone as it uses only 4 of the 6 available 12V rails.

I would say that at most you could attach 4 boxes from the Neptune to this section of the PSU.  Anymore and it could trip on rails 3 or 5.  Sourcing more power would mean a custom adapter getting the power from rail 1 and or 2 on the MB section.

Finaly managed to get 3 boxes working out of the batch I had and now seem to find the following issues:

Lots of errors like
 [2014-06-25 06:49:08] KnC: 3.0.310 Failed to setwork (19)
 [2014-06-25 06:49:08] KnC: 3.0.311 Failed to setwork (19)
 [2014-06-25 06:49:08] KnC: 3.0.312 Failed to setwork (19)
 [2014-06-25 06:49:08] KnC: 3.0.313 Failed to setwork (19)
 [2014-06-25 06:49:08] KnC: 3.0.314 Failed to setwork (19)
 [2014-06-25 06:49:08] KnC: 3.0.315 Failed to setwork (19)
 [2014-06-25 06:49:08] KnC: 3.0.316 Failed to setwork (19)

And hashrate drops to almost 400Ghash when running into a lot of hardware errors.

[2014-06-25 06:50:01] KnC: 1.0.344 disabled for 300 seconds due to repeated hardware errors
 [2014-06-25 06:50:01] KnC: 1.0.349 Failed to setwork (99)
 [2014-06-25 06:50:01] KnC: 1.0.349 disabled for 300 seconds due to repeated hardware errors

https://i.imgur.com/kaM0Kj9.png[/img]
https://i.imgur.com/tMAoPjE.png[/img]

Another thing I noticed is that these boxes seriously overload a multirail power supply on startup and causes the power supply to shut down even with enermax 1500W power supplies.
Already send in a report with KNC awaiting their response.
Very unhappy at this point

Tired of substandard power distribution in your ASIC setup???   Chris' Custom Cablez will get you sorted out right!  No job too hard so PM me for a quote
Check my products or ask a question here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74397.0
The Avenger

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 12:16:26 PM

Either way I'll know in a few hours if they sealed the smoke in there real good. Wink
My box is in the Chicago area already so scheduled delivery seems likely today.

YMMV
Smiley
Nice Smiley It'll be good to see someone with skills break this machine down a bit, so we can see how it's actually running. Loved all your work/knowledge shared in the jupiter overclocking thread.

"I am not The Avenger"
Cablez
Legendary

Activity: 1400

I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 12:17:10 PM

I use 2 x EVGA 1300 G2, runs like a charm. No problems at all, I never had any with KNC products.

Yes, with a single rail of 108A it should be difficult to trip the OCP using two PSUs.

Tired of substandard power distribution in your ASIC setup???   Chris' Custom Cablez will get you sorted out right!  No job too hard so PM me for a quote
Check my products or ask a question here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74397.0
padrino
Legendary

Activity: 1428

https://www.bitworks.io

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2014, 12:21:02 PM

Yeah, those Enermax Platimax 1500W 95% efficiency, platinum rated PSU's you are using - not good enough for KNC's hardware! Grin  Roll Eyes  Tongue

Once again, KNC customers become beta testers.

I had odd tripping issues with the AX1200i on my Jupiters, a single rail PSU and I was pulling no more than 1000W but it would trip within a few minutes even once I pulled some cards off of it and tried to run at 500W.

In the end it looks like although they are single rail PSUs the current sensing capabilities (Corsiar Link, etc) internally wouldn't let the PCIe connectors be overdriven..

I started using EVGA PSUs after that, aside from the occasional melted connector it's been good Smiley

1CPi7VRihoF396gyYYcs2AdTEF8KQG2BCR
https://www.bitworks.io
Pages: « 1 ... 1745 1746 1747 1748 1749 1750 1751 1752 1753 1754 1755 1756 1757 1758 1759 1760 1761 1762 1763 1764 1765 1766 1767 1768 1769 1770 1771 1772 1773 1774 1775 1776 1777 1778 1779 1780 1781 1782 1783 1784 1785 1786 1787 1788 1789 1790 1791 1792 1793 1794 [1795] 1796 1797 1798 1799 1800 1801 1802 1803 1804 1805 1806 1807 1808 1809 1810 1811 1812 1813 1814 1815 1816 1817 1818 1819 1820 1821 1822 1823 1824 1825 1826 1827 1828 1829 1830 1831 1832 1833 1834 1835 1836 1837 1838 1839 1840 1841 1842 1843 1844 1845 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: