Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:02:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 ... 329 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Merit & new rank requirements  (Read 166613 times)
UKARY22

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 02:27:38 PM

Why Merit is so hard to get them??
How to make good post??
is there any other way to get Merit?
How to get merit?  Please give me explanation

● ⚫  WAWLLET - World’s first multi-asset wallet  ⚫ ●
● ⚫  ICO - https://www.wawllet.com  ⚫ ●
● Gold WCoin - https://www.wawllet.com/wcoin ●

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TMAN
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808

Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2018, 02:29:40 PM

Guys, any chance that current period will be counted as previously (without merits yet)?
2 activity till Senior member  Embarrassed
Me too. 4 more activities before being Member.

I've given you two as your posts are improving.. keep it up fella

███████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
██████████████████████████
.FORTUNEJACK   JOIN INVINCIBLE JACKMATE AND WIN......10 BTC........
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀██████
█████  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄  █████
█████  █████ █████  █████
█████  ██▄     ▄██  █████
█████  ████   ████  █████
█████▄  ██▄▄█▄▄██  ▄█████
██████▄  ███████  ▄██████
███████▄   ▀▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▄▄ ▄▄██████████
justatrader

Activity: 54
Merit: 8

My old account was compromised - Can't get it back

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2018, 02:31:03 PM

I wonder who the first one to 15 million merits will be Wink

I like this change a lot. Hopefully we'll see an increase in post quality.

I couldn't agree more with you. The sheer amount of FUD posted by multi-account holders in order to gain attention (or be at least a Sr Member in order to receive airdrops etc) is horrendous and I'm quite tired of being scammed (to be honest).

I'm now a bottom feeder as me old account was compromised and unsigned (so I need to work my way back up the ladder again).. Lotion for promotion I think they call it. Smiley

Looking to sell the domain or business partners
- BTC Escrow business opportunity (http://www.btcescrow.com)
krishnaverma

Activity: 1274
Merit: 106

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 02:38:58 PM

How to make good post??

1) It is not hard to get. See this post which got about 60 merits in total https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2828014.0

2) Good post is one which is on the topic and solves the query asked by the OP. It is free from fluff.

3) No

4) Make a good quality post. Have a look at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=merit;stats

Here you can see recent posts getting merit, posts with highest merits all time and much more. Try to learn from these posts. All the best.
b3j0

Activity: 714
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 02:39:28 PM

How to make good post??
1. You just need to adapt so as not to feel difficult
2. to make a good post is you must master the existing knowledge in this forum and keep trying to make a post that can help others.
3. There is no other way to get merit except from someone else.
4. to get merit You must make a post that is useful for others so that person will give smerit to you

redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 02:45:19 PM

I mean, if I give you a merit point and tomorrow I want to remove it (for a certain reason) I can't do it because the actual system doesn't allow you.
I suspect this is by design, it gives merits a bit more impact than a simple "like" (to which they are often compared).
Also likely (at least part of) the reason why you have to visit a new page, and once again confirm a merit rating you send, so you cannot do this by accident.

Further, it could become quite the mess with sMerit being awarded to the person you rate, and how these are reversed.
Say you have 10 sMerit and reward 10 Merit to someone who previously had none (thus spend all yours), then that person gets 5 sMerit, which also is their total.
Now they go and reward those 5 to someone else (taking their sMerit to 0 too).
Now you want to reverse your merit rating, would this give you your initial 10 sMerit back? Would this also mean the 5 sMerit spent on another person get reversed as their initiator was reversed?
It could get very complicated very quickly with something like that.

Sounds correct, it is not really logical to remove a merit.
lobcmt2

Activity: 462
Merit: 155

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 02:48:53 PM
Merited by DarkStar_ (1)

How to make good post??
1. It is only hard if you are not able to make high-qualitied or contributive posts. If you can, you will get of merits from others. The other ways is create a new topic, which is informative, high-qualitied, of course, to get merits.
2. It requires a lot of time, of course for learning in order to be knowledgeable enough to make good post, which can help others to get out of their mess, the one of them will give you merits.
3. Of course, there are some alternative ways, which I don not want to mention there. You should stick to possitive approach, which is better for your self too.
4. Hope that my thread will receive merits, which in turn a good instance for you.
saponetes

Activity: 420
Merit: 18

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 02:55:45 PM
Last edit: January 27, 2018, 03:16:06 PM by saponetes

The guys with multiple accounts will send merit to their accounts and never to other accounts. Hero and legend member do not want competition for bounties and left other members at low ranking levels. Nicke sh*t feature that appears here at the forum in the "middle of the night".... This will only prejudice members with one account, and the real guys that are not trying to cheat the system...

Another unfair situation are accounts like mine that reached full member rank one day after this merit thing appears and only received 10 points. The points in this starting point should be given with a ratio with number of posts inside rank.
Let me explain - if this merit think started 24 January and a member has 118 rank, should be given a percentage of points more near from the next level and not the lowest merit points possible to that rank level. It is very unfair.

120 ----- 100
118 ----- x

x= circa 98 merit points and not 10......

Now i have to collect a lot of merit for an unknown time to reach next rank.

This thing happens when taken measures are thinking with the feet, a commom pratice of my country government....

I hope my explanation is clear ´cos i am not english native.

deplorable....
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 03:00:58 PM

This system will promote conservative opinion on this forum and create a kind of a social bubble.

We can see that there were boards created recently that only allow for people with certain rank to participate and now it seems like the ranking system is being centralized by hand picking the sources.

Merit system is a good idea, but the sources seem like a problem here. You need to implement a system to create sources automatically, randomly if nothing else. Otherwise you can easily get into trouble by like-minded individuals being promoted and ones that have new, maybe radical, ideas never getting higher ranks.

We either need to create merit as something that has no effect on anything practical on this forum (similar to the trust system) or generate quite random sources. I am afraid that this forum will become very conservative as the time goes on if we keep adding these centralized features.

Trust me, the word “conservative”, used as either an adjective or a noun, is not ever going to describe anyone using this forum. ROFL

CoinEraser
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1718

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 03:06:43 PM

I decided that the previous allocation was too unfair in this area, so everyone with activity >= 775 got 500 more merit if they didn't already have 1000 merit (and also Lutpin). No extra sMerit, though.

Very good decided. But i can still crying.  Cool  Cry
I have 770 activity and reach 784 in the next days. Now i have to reach 1000 merit. This is a long and hard way. 5 activity points too little. Anyway, i still think the new system is good.

But why not give every period maybe 10 merits to 100 legendary accounts randomly as a speziell merit source??
Cot

Activity: 58
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 03:12:05 PM

Super idea, but still in some point it will disregarded or doesn't matter. You know what I mean...  Smiley
aleksej996

Activity: 490
Merit: 389

Do not trust the government

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 03:18:42 PM

This system will promote conservative opinion on this forum and create a kind of a social bubble.

We can see that there were boards created recently that only allow for people with certain rank to participate and now it seems like the ranking system is being centralized by hand picking the sources.

Merit system is a good idea, but the sources seem like a problem here. You need to implement a system to create sources automatically, randomly if nothing else. Otherwise you can easily get into trouble by like-minded individuals being promoted and ones that have new, maybe radical, ideas never getting higher ranks.

We either need to create merit as something that has no effect on anything practical on this forum (similar to the trust system) or generate quite random sources. I am afraid that this forum will become very conservative as the time goes on if we keep adding these centralized features.

Trust me, the word “conservative”, used as either an adjective or a noun, is not ever going to describe anyone using this forum. ROFL

I didn't mean to associate it with political affiliation in US, if that is what confused you. I meant it as such that people could be conservative about Bitcoin development as we never know on which side these few sources might be in some future discussion. The problem is that whichever side they might pick in bigger numbers, people with the same opinion will rank faster than the ones that disagree with them.
vrap.pm

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 03:36:41 PM

I think this merit think is all about money. Preserve the higher ranking members in the forum with their rank status to mantain their status and get bigger shares at ICO bounties.
Since ICO´s are borning like popcorns and lots of bounties are being rewarded to members, this is a system that will preserve siganture campaigns a bigger share to the higher ranking members that control the forum and create difficulties the the lower members in to participate in ICO signature bouties. ICO signature bounties are the biggest share in the bounty distribution.

Glad i have a twitter account that i preserve and care daily with thousands of followers.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 03:39:22 PM

I didn't mean to associate it with political affiliation in US, if that is what confused you. I meant it as such that people could be conservative about Bitcoin development as we never know on which side these few sources might be in some future discussion. The problem is that whichever side they might pick in bigger numbers, people with the same opinion will rank faster than the ones that disagree with them.

How is it possible to ever know the leanings of anyone? Could it be used to form cliques? Sure, I guess it could but this forum has a bigger problem to worry about right now. Because of the price rally within the past couple of months, this forum has had a massive amount of new members spamming the forum attempting to gain rank so they can collect a little coin and cash in. They don’t care about cryptocurrency at all and are destroying the forum with useless posts. I’ve said the most ridiculous shit I could think of in a few threads attempting to get some of them to contradict me and reply. All they ever do is post a one liner and move on. Much of the real brain power using this forum moved on long ago because of this issue. It’s not going to be easy but at least the admins are trying something before the forum crumbles down around their feet from the weight of scammers, spammers and bounty hunters.

I’m giving away merit (the link is in my sig line). I haven’t agreed with the opinion of most of the people I have given merit to so far. The only thing I have agreed with is their sincere desire to actively be here and interact with people to increase the quality of discourse. To sum it up, I think your wrong.

sncc

Activity: 536
Merit: 513

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 03:48:50 PM

I think this change is interesting, but it becomes much harder for members in small local community to make their rank up, which I guess is the reason why theymos mentioned

I am especially eager to have merit sources in sub-communities such as the local sections.

However I was wondering if I or some other guy with higher rank than mine apply for merit sources by collecting 10 high-quality posts from Japanese local board, is there someone who can read Japanese and judge their quality?

Also, can you clarify from which rank one can apply for merit sources?
Lutpin
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1874

Goodbye, Z.

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2018, 04:02:03 PM

But it becomes much harder for members in small local community to make their rank up.
Yes and no. In a smaller community, less sMerit is available, but there are also less posts competing for Merit.
As long as sources are present in all local sections, size should not be an issue. Maybe competition is even so much lower in smaller groups that merit is actually easier to get.

I usually don't frequent my local section (discussing bitcoin and related topics in english give me the ability to communicate with almost everyone across the globe,
discussing them only with a few that happen to speak my language limit this greatly), but I've been browsing it over the last day and have rewarded a portion of my merit to local posters.

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀████▄
████▀██████▀█▀██████▀████
██████████████████████████
▐█████▄███████████████▄█████▌
▐███████▄▄█████████▄▄███████▌
▐██████▀█████████████▀██████▌
▐███████████████████████████▌
▀██████████████████████▀
▀████▄████▄▀▀▄████▄████▀
▀███████▀███▀███████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████

▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
            ██                          ▄▄▄▄▄▄                           ██
           ██  ██████                ▄██████████▄     ████████████████████▀
          ██  ████████             ▄████▀   ▀████▄    ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
         ██  ████  ████           ████▀       ▀██▀    ████
        ██  ████    ████        ▄███▀                 ████

██  ████      ████       ███▀                  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ██  ████        ████      ███                   ██████████████
     ██  ████          ████     ███▄                  ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██  ████████████████████    ▀████                 ████
   ██  ██████████████████████    ▀████▄        ▄██▄   ████

██  ████                ████     ▀████▄   ▄████▀    ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██  ████                  ████      ▀██████████▀     ████████████████████▄
  ██                                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀                           ██
   ▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
aleksej996

Merit: 389

Do not trust the government

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 04:07:35 PM

How is it possible to ever know the leanings of anyone? Could it be used to form cliques? Sure, I guess it could but this forum has a bigger problem to worry about right now. Because of the price rally within the past couple of months, this forum has had a massive amount of new members spamming the forum attempting to gain rank so they can collect a little coin and cash in. They don’t care about cryptocurrency at all and are destroying the forum with useless posts. I’ve said the most ridiculous shit I could think of in a few threads attempting to get some of them to contradict me and reply. All they ever do is post a one liner and move on. Much of the real brain power using this forum moved on long ago because of this issue. It’s not going to be easy but at least the admins are trying something before the forum crumbles down around their feet from the weight of scammers, spammers and bounty hunters.

I’m giving away merit (the link is in my sig line). I haven’t agreed with the opinion of most of the people I have given merit to so far. The only thing I have agreed with is their sincere desire to actively be here and interact with people to increase the quality of discourse. To sum it up, I think your wrong.

Fair enough. It might not be the most pressing issue right now for Bitcoin.
I do still think it is very possible for this to happen, but I will leave it for now as it isn't case right now, at least not too much.
And I hope the time proves me wrong Cheesy
E50M

Activity: 322
Merit: 23

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 04:09:28 PM

You talk only about Merit
You forgot about Bitcoin
Soon button Demerit
new rank will never join Wink
cryptocurrenciesboom

Activity: 420
Merit: 12

The Pure Proof-of-Tansaction [POT]

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 04:10:02 PM

to get a member you need 10 merits and to get a full member of 100 merits. x10 Carl! just like people's desire to grow bitcoin price! Was it originally intended to donate, sell or beg the merit?

krishnaverma

Activity: 1274

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 04:19:28 PM

You talk only about Merit
You forgot about Bitcoin
Soon button Demerit
new rank will never join Wink

If you talk about Bitcoins sensibly, you will get merits. If those new members wanted to join just to spam and increase the ranks based on number of posts (irrespective of quality), it is better if they never join.
Pages: « 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 ... 329 »
  Print  

Jump to: