Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 02:53:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 [78] 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 ... 329 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Merit & new rank requirements  (Read 166613 times)
btcton
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 04:20:20 PM

This is quite a beautiful change. I can already see the spamming slowing down from this. What worries me the most is the post quality of the people who already have a high activity ranking that they got by spamming. I understand you might not want to put up a de-merit system, but perhaps merit points could be connected to other functionalities of the forums as well. For example, points should go down if a moderator takes down one of your posts for a reason related to spamming or non-constructive posts. I also believe stricter guidelines should be required for defining what a constructive post is. A post that answer's the OP's question should not be considered constructive if the answer has already been posted multiple times in the thread. A system such as this one would tie in well with merit.

Ha ha, sounds like the East Europe censorship. My countryman would love people like you!

I fail to see how my post comes across as censorship. I am not talking about not letting people post their opinions on threads, I am talking about people who are posting information that has already been posted by others before in the same thread. There is no point other than spamming for doing this. Imagine a post where the OP is asking how to send a bitcoin using some wallet followed by a bunch of posters all answering by saying "use the send button" and so on. I have seen multiple posts like these before which consist of people trying to farm those posts.

The signature campaign posters adding useless redundant fluff to their posts to reach their minimum word count are lowering my IQ.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TMAN
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808

Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2018, 04:24:02 PM

to get a member you need 10 merits and to get a full member of 100 merits. x10 Carl! just like people's desire to grow bitcoin price! Was it originally intended to donate, sell or beg the merit?

Before even my time here bitcoins were chucked about like pills at a rave. Without that charity bitcoin may of been just a toy for a handful of Linux nerds, take that further, without lazlo would BTC of been a currency? What about Silk Road?

Learn about the history of bitcoin, read old old posts. Then bring up some discussion about it, some old hands will likely be impressed and will hand out merits

███████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
██████████████████████████
.FORTUNEJACK   JOIN INVINCIBLE JACKMATE AND WIN......10 BTC........
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀██████
█████  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄  █████
█████  █████ █████  █████
█████  ██▄     ▄██  █████
█████  ████   ████  █████
█████▄  ██▄▄█▄▄██  ▄█████
██████▄  ███████  ▄██████
███████▄   ▀▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▄▄ ▄▄██████████
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3053

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2018, 04:24:52 PM
Merited by aleksej996 (2)

I decided that the previous allocation was too unfair in this area, so everyone with activity >= 775 got 500 more merit if they didn't already have 1000 merit (and also Lutpin). No extra sMerit, though.

And what about the Legendary gap?

Your boost to them means people who had almost 1,500 less activity than me are now equal in merits.  

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
aleksej996

Activity: 490
Merit: 389

Do not trust the government

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 04:27:42 PM
Merited by Vod (2)

I decided that the previous allocation was too unfair in this area, so everyone with activity >= 775 got 500 more merit if they didn't already have 1000 merit (and also Lutpin). No extra sMerit, though.

Your boost to them means people who had almost 2,000 less activity than me are now equal in merits.  

I feel your pain man. I would give you merit for this, but I am merit poor myself. Need those merits to rank up to Sr. Member and stuff.
So I am just going to say
+1
You deserve more merits
sncc

Activity: 536
Merit: 513

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 04:29:24 PM

As long as sources are present in all local sections, size should not be an issue.
Yes that's what I wanted to know, do you know what the distribution of sources is?

I completely agree with you about the benefit for collecting information in English, and your redistribution of merit to your local community,
but I think such a redistribution should be built in a system.

I was afraid that small communities will be extinct sooner or later unless sources are distributed appropriately.
UKARY22

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 04:29:32 PM

Why Merit is so hard to get them??
How to make good post??
is there any other way to get Merit?
How to get merit?  Please give me explanation

1) It is not hard to get. See this post which got about 60 merits in total https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2828014.0

2) Good post is one which is on the topic and solves the query asked by the OP. It is free from fluff.

3) No

4) Make a good quality post. Have a look at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=merit;stats

Here you can see recent posts getting merit, posts with highest merits all time and much more. Try to learn from these posts. All the best.
thanks all for answer my questiony
I will try to make good post

● ⚫  WAWLLET - World’s first multi-asset wallet  ⚫ ●
● ⚫  ICO - https://www.wawllet.com  ⚫ ●
● Gold WCoin - https://www.wawllet.com/wcoin ●
ilpipita

Activity: 101
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 04:32:05 PM

But it becomes much harder for members in small local community to make their rank up.
Yes and no. In a smaller community, less sMerit is available, but there are also less posts competing for Merit.
As long as sources are present in all local sections, size should not be an issue. Maybe competition is even so much lower in smaller groups that merit is actually easier to get.

I usually don't frequent my local section (discussing bitcoin and related topics in english give me the ability to communicate with almost everyone across the globe,
discussing them only with a few that happen to speak my language limit this greatly), but I've been browsing it over the last day and have rewarded a portion of my merit to local posters.
I think you are right. Spending more time, more efforts for each post, make your post a better one, in terms of quality. By doing this repeatedly, your knowledge, skills, etc. will be sharpened. It's also good in English practice, too, if you are not native English users. It's good generally. Meriting me if possible, please
TMAN
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2018, 04:35:40 PM

Your boost to them means people who had almost 2,000 less activity than me are now equal in merits.  

I feel your pain man. I would give you merit for this, but I am merit poor myself. Need those merits to rank up to Sr. Member and stuff.
+1
You deserve more merits

You don't understand the system fella. Merits never reduce sMerits do and those are what you need to pay forward, that is how the system works. Hoarding sMerits does nothing

ProofOfLambo

Activity: 238
Merit: 9

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 04:39:13 PM
Merited by TMAN (2)

Hi, I am a recent member of the forum so don´t expect very intelligent questions. I just read about the merit system but, as I understand it, if I make a question in the forum and someone gives a good answer I can´t do anything to reward him or her. I would have to wait for another member that has merit to give away and notice that I have been helped.

TMAN
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2018, 04:43:58 PM
Merited by mithrim (1)

Hi, I am a recent member of the forum so don´t expect very intelligent questions. I just read about the merit system but, as I understand it, if I make a question in the forum and someone gives a good answer I can´t do anything to reward him or her. I would have to wait for another member that has merit to give away and notice that I have been helped.

Your posts aren't terrible and your name made me giggle. So have 2 merits. Those will stay on your account but you also now have 1 sMerit that you can say thank you to someone with..

Go be part of the community fella

ilpipita

Activity: 101
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 04:44:46 PM

Right! as a result of that, please remember that you need help from lots of users in the BCT forum to move up to higher levels, in your case is Member level. After you ranked up to higher levels, you will have more and more merits, correspond to sMerits. And at that time, please help others by giving them sMerits you have. That's the way our community help each other to make the forum a better place, community-driven forum.
krishnaverma

Activity: 1274
Merit: 106

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 04:48:16 PM

You can make good posts and earn some merits for yourself. Then you can give those merits to deserving posts. Get noticed  by merit sources by making quality sources, they are watching you. Also check this https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2832127.0 , it mentions threads where others are offering merits for quality posts.
mithrim

Activity: 434
Merit: 436

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 04:50:16 PM
Merited by TMAN (2)

Your posts aren't terrible and your name made me giggle. So have 2 merits. Those will stay on your account but you also now have 1 sMerit that you can say thank you to someone with..

This is cute and disgusting at the same time. Hop hop, lil' fella, off you go. Such generosity...
I like the way your handling things Cheesy +1
TMAN
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2018, 04:57:10 PM
Merited by vapourminer (2), aleksej996 (1)

This is cute and disgusting at the same time. Hop hop, lil' fella, off you go. Such generosity...
I like the way your handling things Cheesy +1

if we have sMerits we have a responsibility to reward people. I am from southern UK so my slang could be taken in a way it isn't meant..

you can have a couple of merits as well bud as you made me laugh as well

YuTü.Co.in

Activity: 728
Merit: 350

Re-monetizing YouTubers via Crypto-commodities

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2018, 05:33:59 PM

I remember back in the good ole days on this forum - like less than a week ago - where a simple thank you would've suffice. Today it's "You haz no sM, bitch, thus not addressing your concern!"

Speakin' of gifting sM, does anybody know Tai's user name on this forum? Check out his talk ...

Tai Lopez Bitcoin Crypto Talk (North American Bitcoin Conference 2018)

aleksej996

Activity: 490
Merit: 389

Do not trust the government

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 05:43:30 PM

+1
You deserve more merits

You don't understand the system fella. Merits never reduce sMerits do and those are what you need to pay forward, that is how the system works. Hoarding sMerits does nothing

Ohh, I get it. Thanks man!

EDIT: Just saw I got 5 sMerits :/ Wow
Deena

Merit: 49

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 05:48:00 PM

I remember back in the good ole days on this forum - like less than a week ago - where a simple thank you would've suffice.

I don't know. But my simple 'thank you' got removed because it was considered as spam. I guess it just had to become complex, unfriendly and abusive.  Roll Eyes
Deena

Merit: 49

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 05:49:11 PM

Holy cow!  Cheesy
Alone055

Activity: 1007
Merit: 197

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2018, 06:00:59 PM

How can I get metrix from others  Huh

You can't, if you don't even know what their function is, or even what their name is.  Roll Eyes
Read the OP properly before posting anything.

Meraki

Activity: 448
Merit: 110

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 06:16:00 PM

+1
You deserve more merits

Ohh, I get it. Thanks man!

Actually being a full member you instantly get 100merit and 5-10 sMerit which you can give to others.

I remember back in the good ole days on this forum - like less than a week ago - where a simple thank you would've suffice.

I don't know. But my simple 'thank you' got removed because it was considered as spam. I guess it just had to become complex, unfriendly and abusive.  Roll Eyes

Yup. mostly thank you is considered spam to increase one's activity, if youre thankful enough express it with one sentence tho to be safe.

Pages: « 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 [78] 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 ... 329 »
  Print  

Jump to: