Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:09:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 [105] 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 ... 646 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Awesome Miner] - Powerful Windows GUI to manage and monitor up to 200000 miners  (Read 701018 times)
patrike (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1084

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2017, 10:57:59 PM

It happened again, and it quickly restored after 5 mins.
I tryed this coinbase address on mining pc with Chrome / Edge few times.

I get one line json always, just with btc price!?

Got this with Chrome:
at 00:13h
{"data":{"base":"BTC","currency":"ILS","amount":"15098.09"}}
at 00:15h
{"data":{"base":"BTC","currency":"ILS","amount":"15113.67"}}
at 00:18h
{"data":{"base":"BTC","currency":"ILS","amount":"15107.02"}}
at 00:20h
{"data":{"base":"BTC","currency":"USD","amount":"4300.00"}}

And with Edge:
at 00:21h
{"data":{"base":"BTC","currency":"USD","amount":"4301.45"},"warnings":[{"id":"missing_version","message":"Please supply API version (YYYY-MM-DD) as CB-VERSION header","url":"https://developers.coinbase.com/api#versioning"}]}

Times are CET.
OS is Win10 Enterprise Evaluation. I recently updated Awe to v4.0. Before I didn't noticed this.
As I don't have Firefox on mining PC, I tried in Firefox on different pc in totally different lan and provider, and I get the same one line reply like Edge/mining pc.
Many thanks for providing this information. It looks like the first three times you used Chrome and requested the statistics from Coinbase API, it actually gave you these crazy values. This is the reason why Awesome Miner also displayed high exchange value for BTC, because it looks at the same kind of data that you posted above.

This may be just a temporary issue at Coinbase, because there API has been very stable for the last three years. Let's keep an eye on this one for a little while and see if we need to report this to Coinbase.

Awesome Miner do support getting Bitcoin exchange rates from Bitstamp as well. You can configure in Options dialog, Statistics section.

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, S17+, T17, T17+, S19, S19 Pro, S19j, S19j Pro, T19
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Skol600ml

Activity: 158
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 02:09:59 AM
Last edit: September 11, 2017, 02:07:20 PM by Skol600ml

Hey Patrike.

We have 5 customizable coins's prices in the bottom of the screen. Can we have an option to add more? There is space.
Rodrigo8

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 02:25:44 AM

Thank you!
Everything is working as expected. One of the problems was Windows Firewall.
The concept of profit switch is very crazy, in a few minutes I have mined more than 7 different coins. I set to update profitability every 1 minute for testing. If the numbers I am seeing are true my profit will go up ~10%. I do not understand why the big miners do not do it.

I caution you to be careful about your estimations.  I know you are just testing with a 1 minute profit switch, but you have to realize that you are only mining a profitable coin at that instant.  By the time you go to exchange with your accumulated coins they will not be at the same level of profitability.  If you are just accumulating various coins to exchange later when the exchange rate is high, that's fine.  But... If you are depending on pool auto-switchers, or pool threshold minimums sending to an exchange, then you will more than likely miss your "peak profit window" unless you have a large group of miners to accumulate enough coins to get there in time.

Also, you probably already know this, but a profit switch time of 1 minute is too low.  You will lose valuable time in that 1 minute window while the software is switched, and the GPUs ramp up.  Depending on the algo and software, it can take 30 seconds or more to really ramp up, so you could be losing 50% of your potential earnings by ramping up every minute.

As always, do your own real-world tests, but I think you'll find what I'm saying is true.  Most large farms don't switch so often, and go for consistently strong coins most of the time or diversify across a set of the most profitable.

yep I know about it, I would like to see if changes and not freeze. I set 30 min to see, I will change to 24Hs, but I still deciding what to do
    I am seeing many inconsistencies, I have other rigs with high profits that AM is not replicating.
    Mining interface offline happening very often, this ends with the calculations
    Every time I do a coin benchmark, this coin begins to be mined. But not necessarily is the most profitable.

I do not know if I'm correct, but is it mandatory to benchmark one or all of the GPUs so that the profit profile correctly chooses the best ratio?

I would say yes, because the default values that come in the built-in profit profiles are very rough estimates.  There are many factors that will cause your GPUs to be higher or lower than the default values... GPU silicon lottery, over/underclocking, and general system performance to name a few.  You want your real-world values to be in the profit profile, otherwise AM can make a wrong decision for you.  FOr instance, if you don't set your true dual-mining Dcred value, then AM may decide that your ETH+Dcred values are very high and start mining with it... thinking it is the most profitable when it probably isn't.

benchmark should be mandatory soon setting up a new miner for each gpu

It is possible in the next versions to include Ratio counter: x.xxxx BTC/Day because this is the only way to make profit comparisons between rigs and GPUs of different currencies and MHs, Hs, Sols, GH / s

Can you explain this a little more?

Exemple of one of my rigs
https://image.ibb.co/eNxv4F/Capture.jpg

When mining with EWBF Zcash, the interface (my miners) goes offline but still mining, I do not know if this is a bug but it always happens.

I've seen this happen from time to time as well.  I haven't verified this, by my suspicion is that the rig may be taxed a bit when this happens.

now it's happening a lot, I'm mining ETC and LBC at Nicehash as exemple

Thanks for the feed back, I will continue with the tests here
Jup1t3rR

Activity: 16

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 02:43:42 AM

maybe a noob question but can i directly mine using this software or is this just a monitoring application ?
puwaha

Activity: 700
Merit: 294

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 03:30:45 AM

maybe a noob question but can i directly mine using this software or is this just a monitoring application ?

Yes, you can directly mine using Awesome Miner.  It has a lot of the most recent mining applications built in like the various flavors of Claymore, EWBF, CCMiner, Excavator, sgminer and more.  It will also allow you to add in your own custom mining software if needed.  You can also monitor and control some "external" miners, which are applications or rigs that are not directly controlled by Awesome Miner... like if you have an ASIC miner or a linux based miner.
Rodrigo8

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 08:07:21 AM
Last edit: September 11, 2017, 08:19:09 AM by Rodrigo8

Please someone could refer an IOS app for the use of the AM API?

Thanks
If you are using the web server feature of AM, then any web browser will do.  If you mean a true app that interfaces with the AM API, I'm not aware of any.  If you are a good IOS or Android app developer, then I'm sure that would be a neat revenue stream for you.  Patrike encourages other developers to create bolt-ons.  I'm considering diving into a bolt-on for data mining analysis.
It's correct that the mobile web is the only option right now, as there are no mobile apps. As puwaha pointed out, anyone can develop applications and apps on top of Awesome Miner using the API:
http://www.awesomeminer.com/help/api.aspx

The Awesome Miner web interface is built on top of this API.

Thanks again,
If I have a fixed IP it's easy with DNS, I do not like the idea of having to install a DNS ip monitor. At the moment i'm using TeamViewer isn't good to manage it
I'm sure have seen app that work with API, I have to find them again.
plbartie

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

ALTCOM wallet: AYGDb1Zwf3vfs2xC4D1G63wwy9RLU5Kb5r

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 09:05:17 AM

Any possible way to run Awesome miner (not Remote agent) on 2 different pc's with exact same config and sort of sync with each other?

That's unfortunately not possible. You can copy the configuration file (%AppData%\AwesomeMiner\ConfigData.xml), but the file is only read when the application is starting.

Thanks for the reply.

I will only be running 1 instance at a time, can maybe put config on shared drive.

Can we change the location/path of the config file? Maybe in registry somewhere?
It's not possible to change the location. It will always be in your user folder.

All good, I understand. thanks

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️    ★    ✔ VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Rodrigo8

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 09:20:25 AM
Last edit: September 11, 2017, 09:51:01 AM by Rodrigo8

Sorry guys I'm just trying to improve your product which is already pretty good.

I would like to bring your attention to improving the auto profit switching for the most profitable currency in a 24 hour time frame. Why, Nicehash has this time frame to make the payment (also Whattomine have this time frame) then if the most prof. coin X is mined in 24 hours the payment related to that time frame/coin will be done. So the profit can be reviewed every 24 hours, I do not know if I explained my self clearly probably not. Is just an idea, this not mean i'm right.

ps: What I see in my tests for some reason the auto profit switching for the most profitable currency some times getting stuck in the previous currency when clearly Nicehash and Miningpool pools already has other more profitable coins, even after long periods of 24 and 48 hours. ( I set to check every 30 min)
Rodrigo8

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 01:07:14 PM

I imagine that mining is not possible with AMD and Nvidia in the same Rig correct?

https://image.ibb.co/ixSrda/Capture2.jpg
tf2addict

Activity: 675

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 03:06:21 PM

I imagine that mining is not possible with AMD and Nvidia in the same Rig correct?

Yes you can mix cards.  I am currently running two 570s, two 580s, a GTX 1070 and a GTX 1060 in one rig.  The only problem I had was with each RX card I added I had to uninstall and reinstall the AMD driver before Windows would work with all the AMD cards.  Nvidia cards are so much nicer, they just work, no BIOS modding or anything.  If 1070s were < $300 that's all I would use.
tf2addict

Activity: 675

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 03:10:25 PM

Well the ALLCOINS and ALLPOOLS settings in the Claymore section isn't working again.  This is really annoying.
Rodrigo8

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 04:28:31 PM

https://image.ibb.co/ixSrda/Capture2.jpg

Yes you can mix cards.  I am currently running two 570s, two 580s, a GTX 1070 and a GTX 1060 in one rig.  The only problem I had was with each RX card I added I had to uninstall and reinstall the AMD driver before Windows would work with all the AMD cards.  Nvidia cards are so much nicer, they just work, no BIOS modding or anything.  If 1070s were < $300 that's all I would use.

With Nicehash software there is no problem, so my be is not s a driver problem.

https://image.ibb.co/eNxv4F/Capture.jpg
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2017, 05:32:51 PM

Well the ALLCOINS and ALLPOOLS settings in the Claymore section isn't working again.  This is really annoying.
Can you let us know in more detail what isn't working here. If you click the Diagnostics button, can you see that Awesome Miner pass this information to the Claymore miner? Or is it passed to Claymore, but it still doesn't work?

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, S17+, T17, T17+, S19, S19 Pro, S19j, S19j Pro, T19
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2017, 05:36:41 PM
Last edit: September 11, 2017, 07:13:13 PM by patrike

Yes you can mix cards.  I am currently running two 570s, two 580s, a GTX 1070 and a GTX 1060 in one rig.  The only problem I had was with each RX card I added I had to uninstall and reinstall the AMD driver before Windows would work with all the AMD cards.  Nvidia cards are so much nicer, they just work, no BIOS modding or anything.  If 1070s were < $300 that's all I would use.

With Nicehash software there is no problem, so my be is not s a driver problem.

The list on the GPU tab is what the mining software is reporting. That one is not from Awesome Miner (although Awesome Miner tries to fill in information about GPU name, clocking and more). Select this miner and use the toolbar: Tools -> API Report. Please let me know what the first ~15 lines say.

About your question of showing profit in mBTC/day as Nicehash. Awesome Miner is only showing the profit information in USD/day. This can be changed to other local currencies or to Bitcoin in Options dialog, Coins&Profit section. However, it will only show the profit information in one currency (USD or BTC or something else), not two or more.

The Cryptophilanthropist

Activity: 231
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 08:15:43 PM
Last edit: September 11, 2017, 10:41:39 PM by The Cryptophilanthropist

Question regarding upgrade to VER 4.0 :

I used the update/upgrade button within the UI which had a notification about update.

When it performs the upgrade (which looked like it happened) the update notification is still present. Should I install from direct download?

And if I do , should I uninstall current version first?

Also, do I need to manually update the agent software for each rig? I did not see an update option from the agent task button.

Please advise the proper way to update my version (Enterprise last release) I did check FAQs before posting and didn't see anything.

Thank you very much!

UPDATE:
I installed the update using website download and it is working now did not update remote agents yet

L8nit3-Miners Multi-Pool BTC PRT-LOG-XGTC BTC #GetMining
GdonateqfnmiJKv7mfnUcyvZHaiqxcTQS1 - XGTC DEV FUND
1G2PTf59cYsWKoZjj3i3Cv1Bb8NuNaeho2 - BTC POOL DEV
s3c70r

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 09:54:12 PM

us-east.equihash-hub.miningpoolhub.com was down today, awesomeMiner doesn't support automatic failOver ?

Please add automatic failover, it's so basic for a successful mining software.
Jup1t3rR

Activity: 16

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 12:37:27 AM

Yes, you can directly mine using Awesome Miner.  It has a lot of the most recent mining applications built in like the various flavors of Claymore, EWBF, CCMiner, Excavator, sgminer and more.  It will also allow you to add in your own custom mining software if needed.  You can also monitor and control some "external" miners, which are applications or rigs that are not directly controlled by Awesome Miner... like if you have an ASIC miner or a linux based miner.

oo nice thanks for the clarification Smiley
zeewor

Activity: 11

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 02:40:25 AM

I tested the new version 4 and was going to buy it until i discovered i cant switch pools etc from the GUI using ccminer. It is greyed out and it says "Basic" connection. I also hope it is possible to use different gpu settings per ccminer based rig. Did i miss something obvious or is these function not going to work for people mining with the environment in mind(since amd almost doubles electicity usage)? Or is there a workaround somehow?

Please explain this so i can buy it. Im excited to set it up and watch the dashboard..

puwaha

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 03:16:05 AM

I tested the new version 4 and was going to buy it until i discovered i cant switch pools etc from the GUI using ccminer. It is greyed out and it says "Basic" connection. I also hope it is possible to use different gpu settings per ccminer based rig. Did i miss something obvious or is these function not going to work for people mining with the environment in mind(since amd almost doubles electicity usage)? Or is there a workaround somehow?

Please explain this so i can buy it. Im excited to set it up and watch the dashboard..

Did you setup a Managed Miner in AM, so that it downloads the CCminer to the rig and then controls it?  Or did you setup an external miner to look at your already installed/running ccminer?

If you created a Profit Miner, you can't manually change pools, the logic in AM will do it for you if you've setup a pool grouping and told AM to use it for profit switching.
puwaha

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 03:18:27 AM

us-east.equihash-hub.miningpoolhub.com was down today, awesomeMiner doesn't support automatic failOver ?

Please add automatic failover, it's so basic for a successful mining software.

Yes, it does support pool failover, but you need to create a pool group so that it knows what to fail over to.  Then in the pool group you set your priorities so it knows which one you prefer over the others.
Pages: « 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 [105] 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 ... 646 »
  Print  

Jump to: