Bitcoin Forum
December 06, 2016, 10:07:49 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.13.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Poll
Question: Will you support Gavin's new block size limit hard fork of 8MB by January 1, 2016 then doubling every 2 years?
1.  yes
2.  no

Pages: « 1 ... 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 [620] 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 ... 1560 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.  (Read 1805244 times)
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 03:20:00 PM

these 2 charts are the most unpredictable of all, UST's and USD.  one, or both of them, won't do well in the next crisis:

looks like TLT is starting to hook up again=more blackhole sh*t:

here's the USD trying to get back over resistance and off to the races  we're in the window of the daily cycle bottom which probably occurred on 9/16 but i'd like more confirmation:

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
_mr_e
Legendary

Activity: 815

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 03:25:38 PM

i know everyone's feeling bad right about now with this relentless pullback but i strongly believe Bitcoin is going to start diverging UP inversely from gold very soon.  in the big fractal of the Bitcoin price chart, we look to be completing the retest of the initial low @339.  the bounce should begin:

"Should" is the scary word here  Cheesy
Melbustus
Legendary

Activity: 1554

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 03:34:15 PM

these 2 charts are the most unpredictable of all, UST's and USD.  one, or both of them, won't do well in the next crisis:

I think USTs will do fine, comparatively (or at least for a while while other stuff crashes first). For the simple reason that we know the Fed is ready, willing, and able to do massive QE. They will support the price of USTs at the expense of the dollar. Obviously there's a limit, but I think they'll really push it in a crises that threatens to crush bonds. Perhaps oddly, USTs are therefore more "mighty" than the dollar.

Bitcoin is the first monetary system to credibly offer perfect information to all economic participants.
But Bitcointalk & /r/bitcoin are heavily censored. bitco.in/forum, forum.bitcoin.com, and /r/btc are open.
Best info on Casascius coins: http://spotcoins.com/casascius
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 03:37:20 PM

i know everyone's feeling bad right about now with this relentless pullback but i strongly believe Bitcoin is going to start diverging UP inversely from gold very soon.  in the big fractal of the Bitcoin price chart, we look to be completing the retest of the initial low @339.  the bounce should begin:

no kidding  Wink

its during times like these that reading technical articles about the math behind Bitcoin restores confidence in what we're dealing with.  read Graf's article i posted above.

also, ignore idiots like Severro.  notice how those punks never enter this thread except for the one time fallling dared to post?  they don't dare to hang out in threads where there is actual intelligent ppl and discussion going on.  plus, i'd rip him to shreds.  he never talks about anything technical b/c i'm sure he doesn't understand what Bitcoin is or what it represents.  he just a hired troll used to scare the weak minded.
Melbustus
Legendary

Activity: 1554

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 03:48:02 PM

no kidding  Wink

its during times like these that reading technical articles about the math behind Bitcoin restores confidence in what we're dealing with.  read Graf's article i posted above.

also, ignore idiots like Severro.  notice how those punks never enter this thread except for the one time fallling dared to post?  they don't dare to hang out in threads where there is actual intelligent ppl and discussion going on.  plus, i'd rip him to shreds.  he never talks about anything technical b/c i'm sure he doesn't understand what Bitcoin is or what it represents.  he just a hired troll used to scare the weak minded.

Or just watch that Wences video I keep posting. The trolls can think and post what they want, but the reality is that bitcoin is an unprecedented advance in the technology of money, and given the extraordinary efficiency gains inherent in improving the one technology that moves all value around the world, it'll slowly but surely seep into the core of global human exchange.

Let the weak-minds do what they do best: emotionally react rather than intelligently evaluate.

Bitcoin is the first monetary system to credibly offer perfect information to all economic participants.
But Bitcointalk & /r/bitcoin are heavily censored. bitco.in/forum, forum.bitcoin.com, and /r/btc are open.
Best info on Casascius coins: http://spotcoins.com/casascius
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 04:13:29 PM

this would be such a brilliant place for a stock mkt top after 2d of fake breakout rally after bullshit FOMC.  we're way overdue after not fixing a single fricking thing on Wall St after what they caused first in 2001 and then 2008.  we got a spinning top going today:

here's the VIX:

mind you, this is the least confident thing i'd bank on given the extent of moral hazard Wall St is willing to run on.
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 04:26:54 PM

how fitting would this be?  "Alibaba (BABA) top ticks the stock mkt with the largest IPO in history":

cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 04:38:13 PM

selling it off baby, selling it off:

Syke
Legendary

Activity: 2086

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 05:08:53 PM

What's so special about 2016 blocks anyway, why was this number chosen by Satoshi?

Difficulty update roughly every 2 weeks:

14 days * 24 hours * 6 blocks/hour = 2016 blocks in 2 weeks.

Buy & Hold
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 1498

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2014, 05:20:08 PM

ugly, just ugly:
*silver falling*

Ugly?  Beauty is in the eye of the behloder.   Wink

To me, $18 silver is lovely.  Can't wait to stack more $20 SAE and Maples!

I hope it goes back down to $5/oz...   Grin

The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy.  David Chaum 1996
Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect.  Adam Back 2014
"Monero" : { Private - Auditable - 100% Fungible - Flexible Blocksize - Wild & Free® - Intro - Wallets - Podcats - Roadmap - Dice - Blackjack - Github - Android }

Bitcoin is intentionally designed to be ungovernable and governance-free.  luke-jr 2016
Blocks must necessarily be full for the Bitcoin network to be able to pay for its own security.  davout 2015
Blocksize is an intentionally limited resource, like the 21e6 BTC limit.  Changing it degrades the surrounding economics, creating negative incentives.  Jeff Garzik 2013

"I believed @Dashpay instamine was a bug & not a feature but then read: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg13017231#msg13017231
I'm not against people making money, but can't support questionable origins."
https://twitter.com/Tone_LLT/status/717822927908024320

The raison d'être of bitcoin is trustlessness. - Eric Lombrozo 2015
It is an Engineering Requirement that Bitcoin be “Above the Law”  Paul Sztorc 2015
Resiliency, not efficiency, is the paramount goal of decentralized, non-state sanctioned currency -Jon Matonis 2015

Bitcoin is intentionally designed to be ungovernable and governance-free.  luke-jr 2016

Technology tends to move in the direction of making surveillance easier, and the ability of computers to track us doubles every eighteen months. - Phil Zimmerman 2013

The only way to make software secure, reliable, and fast is to make it small. Fight Features. - Andy Tanenbaum 2004

"Hard forks cannot be co
S3052
Legendary

Activity: 1946

BTC Up or Down? go to www.bullbearanalytics.com

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2014, 05:41:21 PM

ugly, just ugly:
*silver falling*

Ugly?  Beauty is in the eye of the behloder.   Wink

To me, $18 silver is lovely.  Can't wait to stack more $20 SAE and Maples!

I hope it goes back down to $5/oz...   Grin

5$ is quite likely to be touched by Silver in the next 2 years

>15years analysis experience

Always do your own due diligence & consult your financial advisor. Never invest unless you can afford to lose your entire investment.

http://twitter.com/BitcoinAnalyst

Subscribe here
HeliKopterBen

Activity: 622

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 05:41:46 PM

I think it would be a very appropriate time to start a "stock market collapsing, bitcoin up" thread.

Counterfeit:  made in imitation of something else with intent to deceive:  merriam-webster
S3052
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2014, 05:44:06 PM

I think it would be a very appropriate time to start a "stock market collapsing, bitcoin up" thread.

It is rather: All risk on assets DOWN. Cash UP.
this is why I started this thread:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=781957.msg8891629#msg8891629

Always do your own due diligence & consult your financial advisor. Never invest unless you can afford to lose your entire investment.

Subscribe here
tabnloz

Activity: 793

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 05:45:16 PM

no kidding  Wink

This thread should have its own board. It is part of a select few for anyone wanting to hear and learn from those with some experience; i know im getting plenty from it.
Kupsi
Legendary

Activity: 1190

9.9.2012: I predict that single digits... <- FAIL

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 05:45:59 PM

Gold @ 1215
logictense

Activity: 302

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2014, 06:29:11 PM

This is unusual to have a crypto media source that does not have excuses in the back pocket to explain BTC crash (exactly crash, not up) events that are certainly going to happen. I always thought the media already knows who will be the scapegoat. Price dropped. However, this sort of thing could be a fore taste of things to come. Market manipulations happen. Nowadays you can trade BTC on a leveraged basis. This give people that hold a lot of BTC a huge amount of power. They have enough BTC to move the market any time they want.
So what they can do, for example, is open a “short” position on a leveraged BTC exchange, then DUMP a load of BTC on to the market. Their dump forces the price of BTC down. They “win” their short bet, and (if they so desire) can slowly buy back their BTC at a cheaper price. They can even increase their holding. Remember, the trade is leveraged, which means that they can get 10x or even (in some cases) 100x the percentage move. So if the % move was 2%, they can get a 20% return, or even a 200% return, which can be an incentive for people to play dirty. If you look at a 4 year logarithmic chart you’ll see that the huge bull runs are almost perfectly 8 months apart
Price highs and lows run in a well defined sequence. We are now upon the next 8 month increment also the previous huge bull runs were preceded by unusually long periods of price stability in similar triangle patterns. All of this would lead you to believe the price will go into another huge bull run till the end of a year.

KJO

Activity: 173

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 06:32:46 PM

this would be such a brilliant place for a stock mkt top after 2d of fake breakout rally after bullshit FOMC.  we're way overdue after not fixing a single fricking thing on Wall St after what they caused first in 2001 and then 2008.  we got a spinning top going today:

here's the VIX:

mind you, this is the least confident thing i'd bank on given the extent of moral hazard Wall St is willing to run on.

2001 ----> 2008 ---->2015
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 06:49:34 PM

"Should" is the scary word here  Cheesy

no kidding  Wink

its during times like these that reading technical articles about the math behind Bitcoin restores confidence in what we're dealing with.  read Graf's article i posted above.

also, ignore idiots like Severro.  notice how those punks never enter this thread except for the one time fallling dared to post?  they don't dare to hang out in threads where there is actual intelligent ppl and discussion going on.  plus, i'd rip him to shreds.  he never talks about anything technical b/c i'm sure he doesn't understand what Bitcoin is or what it represents.  he just a hired troll used to scare the weak minded.

Or just watch that Wences video I keep posting. The trolls can think and post what they want, but the reality is that bitcoin is an unprecedented advance in the technology of money, and given the extraordinary efficiency gains inherent in improving the one technology that moves all value around the world, it'll slowly but surely seep into the core of global human exchange.

Let the weak-minds do what they do best: emotionally react rather than intelligently evaluate.

https://twitter.com/cypherdoc2/status/513036892674465793

Tom Woods is taking questions for Bob Murphy podcast
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 07:05:53 PM

This is unusual to have a crypto media source that does not have excuses in the back pocket to explain BTC crash (exactly crash, not up) events that are certainly going to happen. I always thought the media already knows who will be the scapegoat. Price dropped. However, this sort of thing could be a fore taste of things to come. Market manipulations happen. Nowadays you can trade BTC on a leveraged basis. This give people that hold a lot of BTC a huge amount of power. They have enough BTC to move the market any time they want.
So what they can do, for example, is open a “short” position on a leveraged BTC exchange, then DUMP a load of BTC on to the market. Their dump forces the price of BTC down. They “win” their short bet, and (if they so desire) can slowly buy back their BTC at a cheaper price. They can even increase their holding. Remember, the trade is leveraged, which means that they can get 10x or even (in some cases) 100x the percentage move. So if the % move was 2%, they can get a 20% return, or even a 200% return, which can be an incentive for people to play dirty. If you look at a 4 year logarithmic chart you’ll see that the huge bull runs are almost perfectly 8 months apart
Price highs and lows run in a well defined sequence. We are now upon the next 8 month increment also the previous huge bull runs were preceded by unusually long periods of price stability in similar triangle patterns. All of this would lead you to believe the price will go into another huge bull run till the end of a year.

Sure they can do that and no doubt they have recently but in actuality these types of trades are extraordinarily difficult and risky to pull off especially on foreign exchanges with unknown owners who could run with your money at any moment.

As with any other trades, timing is paramount. If you're wrong about sentiment there could be a bull whale lying in wait to squeeze the hell out of your short. You also never know if the exchange owner himself is looking to screw you. I've never left a dime on any of these sites and am so glad I didn't which is also why im so skeptical of people who claim they sold out their 100% BTC position @1200. How the hell could they have done that since the only real exchange they would likely have used was gox back in December. And that's when they weren't wiring any USD out so even if you were good enough to have picked the top how could you have gotten the money out?

I don't wish any theft on anyone but if some whale is trying to short the price down it would serve him right to get nailed.  

Now is not the time to try that.
S3052
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2014, 07:19:38 PM

Sure they can do that and no doubt they have recently but in actuality these types of trades are extraordinarily difficult and risky to pull off especially on foreign exchanges with unknown owners who could run with your money at any moment.

As with any other trades, timing is paramount. If you're wrong about sentiment there could be a bull whale lying in wait to squeeze the hell out of your short. You also never know if the exchange owner himself is looking to screw you. I've never left a dime on any of these sites and am so glad I didn't which is also why im so skeptical of people who claim they sold out their 100% BTC position @1200. How the hell could they have done that since the only real exchange they would likely have used was gox back in December. And that's when they weren't wiring any USD out so even if you were good enough to have picked the top how could you have gotten the money out.

I don't wish any theft on anyone but if some whale is trying to short the price down it would serve him right to get nailed.  

Now is not the time to try that.

You are right in most aspects except of one.

People who have sold at 1200 $ like me did not need to be stuck at mtgox. bitfinex was running smoothly at the time and withdrawals were smooth as well.

Subscribe here
Pages: « 1 ... 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 [620] 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 ... 1560 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.