Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 02:06:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Will you support Gavin's new block size limit hard fork of 8MB by January 1, 2016 then doubling every 2 years?
1.  yes
2.  no

Pages: « 1 ... 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 [1306] 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 ... 1557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.  (Read 2032126 times)
TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 02:35:00 AM
Last edit: June 09, 2015, 03:48:46 AM by TPTB_need_war

another way to look at this is that are we (meaning ALL of us in the community) really prepared to be the real resistance fighters in this war on USD hegemony?  i'll admit right here that i am not.  i live here in the US, have a family to take care of, and i provide a valuable service to my community.  i am not prepared to sacrifice this.

This deserves a reply from me.

Finally some overt honesty from the man. This explains everything. He has compromised for pragmatic reasons. Thus I can understand very well. This is what I said upthread. Doctors are invested in the system. They can't disrupt it.

except i'm not making any transition to Monero.  oh well...

Your fate is clearly tied to the politicized NWO outcome.

that doesn't mean it won't happen though but is the reason for the extreme resistance to it's adoption from the economic majority who are currently invested in Bitcoin.

Astute. It is quite true that old money will resist change because it has a vested interest to do so, and even will resort to political leverage to make it so. And only technological disruption will force change.

In addition to potential technological disruption, there is also an internal war within Bitcoin now. If the antagonists don't compromise, Monero may be the beneficiary. Thus I assume they will compromise, except MP won't. MP must be short Bitcoin and long Monero. There is no other logical explanation, unless he is irrationally ideological (or a disinformation agent).

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Adrian-x
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 02:36:59 AM

i find 21's two yr experience in mining very encouraging/exciting in anticipation of their ability to roll out relevant IOT asic chips, esp for smartphones.  that should drive things like batshit:

https://i.imgur.com/keXaz8c.png

21's mining use case shows that blocksize has no impact to miners at all.

The devices targeted for 21's mining rigs could not even handle 1MB blocks (let alone 20MB or 1GB), yet they can still mine. The reason is simple, miners using the stratum protocol only require <1kbps. It is the remote pool that needs to be manage full blocks. This remote pool can be anywhere, the miners themselves do not care about blocksize.

If 20MB blocks would hurt current miners, then 21's target devices wouldn't exist because they could not even handle 1MB blocks. But since miners only need to support stratum, blocksize has no impact.

[Tongue] i think you are wrong, we need to centralize development for the reasons provided by a few Core Developers so they can maintained a decentralized network, you are siding with the ignorant masses if you can't understand why we cant increase the block size now [/ Tongue]

Thank me in Bits 12MwnzxtprG2mHm3rKdgi7NmJKCypsMMQw
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2347

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 02:58:47 AM

Dawn raid RPG incoming.

Sidechains ... coming up next!! exciting times!

http://www.coindesk.com/blockstream-open-source-code-sidechains/

Open source, "nothing up my sleeve", genuine article, don't settle for fake 'solutions' (xt) with hidden agendas.

We won't need tptb to continue the trainwreck from here, the SC buzz will send frappe.doc over the edge.

Looking forward to a 'Monero'-like ring signature sidechain and Lightning network sidechain as first working demonstrations for the force of the distributed sidechain solution of self-similar networks operating concomitantly at multiple scales transferring value effortlessly up and down the wealth cascade.

cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 03:10:31 AM

Dawn raid RPG incoming.

Open source, "nothing up my sleeve", genuine article, don't settle for fake 'solutions' (xt) with hidden agendas.

We won't need tptb to continue the trainwreck from here, the SC buzz will send frappe.doc over the edge.

Looking forward to a 'Monero'-like ring signature sidechain and Lightning network sidechain as first working demonstrations for the force of the distributed sidechain solution of self-similar networks operating concomitantly at multiple scales transferring value effortlessly up and down the wealth cascade.

well now we know why the Blockstream cabal has been stalling.  despite denying that scaling was to be a selling point.  sounds like they're selling it hard now:

"The project has been heralded as a potential solution to bitcoin's perceived scalability issues for its attempt to enable experimentation on bitcoin's code."
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 03:11:43 AM
Last edit: June 09, 2015, 03:35:50 AM by TPTB_need_war

Shit this is too important to ignore. Actually I had been thinking this out over the past days.

Subsumption of all altcoin advantages into pegged Bitcoin side chains is a very powerful threat to avoiding NWO dominance.

At the end game, TPTB push all their zombies that use Coinbase, Circle, Paypal, Facebook, etc into a pegged side chain which is a centralized ledger with world bank control over the debasement rate. MP's defense plan is destroyed by the pegging.

Monero has no technological disruption scaling advantages over Bitcoin in terms of mining, thus subsumption into a pegged Bitcoin side chain is imminent. Whereas a coin with scalable mining AND protections against implemention of pegged side chains (if that is possible, on my todo list to research the Blockstream whitepaper federation proposal) would not be implemented as a pegged Bitcoin side chain without losing the protection. Thus such a coin would garnish support from all those who want to resist the NWO outcome. Or they buy the pegged side chain version, because unlike other pegged side chains which can't resist 50% attack, such a side chain could survive alongside the cabal NWO side chain. However they may not be inclined to invest in the pegged side chain version of such a coin design, because they lose the upside ROI of such a novel design. Thus I am fairly confident that I possess the killer design which resists this subsumption. Blockstream is attempting to destroy the economics of altcoin, but I have an ace up my sleeve.

That in a nutshell is how this battle is going to play out. You read it first here. Don't forget who told you first.

The wildcard is if GavinCoin proceeds and there is a war now against MP et al. That might open a (probably short-term) window for Monero.

in the end, Bitcoin with larger blocks is what will win.  sidechains will die and take Blockstream with it.

Sorry but the zombie masses who will use Circle, Coinbase, Paypal, Facebook, 21 Inc devices, etc.. won't care when their coins are processed in a centralized pegged side chain (with large blocks).

cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 03:12:44 AM

Dawn raid RPG incoming.

well now we know why the Blockstream cabal has been stalling.  despite denying that scaling was to be a selling point.  sounds like they're selling it hard now:

"The project has been heralded as a potential solution to bitcoin's perceived scalability issues for its attempt to enable experimentation on bitcoin's code."

sounds like they're selling out to banks just as we warned:

"He cited banks in particular as one group of interested parties, which he noted are interested in the ability to issue and distribute assets on the blockchain, as well as provide infrastructure for what Back called “new kinds of markets”.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2015, 03:13:52 AM

Dawn raid RPG incoming.

Good job Blockstream Boys!

The World According To Frap.Doc:

-Gold is DOOOMED, because Bitcoin
-Monero is DOOMED, because Bitcoin
-Bitcoin is DOOOMED, because sidechains
-Bitcoin is DOOOMED, because 1MB

Roll Eyes
 Grin

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1006

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 03:17:18 AM

So they were lying?

I'm shocked.
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 03:19:55 AM

Dawn raid RPG incoming.

Roll Eyes
 Grin

in the end, Bitcoin with larger blocks is what will win.  sidechains will die and take Blockstream with it.
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 03:22:13 AM

This was the reporter's quote. Your willingness to attribute words to mouths as and when it suits your agenda is particularly disturbing for a man sworn to the Hippocratic Oath.

marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 03:28:27 AM

in the end, Bitcoin with larger blocks is what will win.  sidechains will die and take Blockstream with it.

bitcoin will get larger blocks, just not now, "not tonight dear" ... sidechains are inevitable because they are a logical evolution of the technology (if you study self-similar network properties arising from the emergent behaviours due to self-interested individual elements you will know this), with or without blockstream (i'm picking with at this point in time).

cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 03:28:35 AM

This was the reporter's quote. Your willingness to attribute words to mouths as and when it suits your agenda is particularly disturbing for a man sworn to the Hippocratic Oath.

stop with the toxic bullshit marcus.  this has nothing to do with the Hippocratic Oath as much as you'd like to twist it to be.

what's more serious is are you accusing the reporter of being inaccurate?  on what basis?
av123

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 03:31:41 AM

Why are you so sure?
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4564
Merit: 1276

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 03:34:14 AM

At the end game, TPTB push all their zombies that use Coinbase, Circle, Paypal, Facebook, etc into a pegged side chain which is a centralized ledger with world bank control over the debasement rate. MP's defense plan is destroyed by the pegging.

Bitcoin as a backing for sidechains is eminently compatible with Bitcoin as MP's personal wealth playground.

I dunno if MP is a fraction of the Mr. Big that he and his minions proclaim but I suspect there is at least something to the assertion.  Certainly they are active and certainly they are among the most technically competent and economically literate of the ecosystem participants.

Last time I was paying much attention (early 2015 iirc) MP's seemed fairly allergic to the idea of the masses benefiting by Bitcoin and to the extent that they might by using a Bitcoin-backed sidechain and he seemed to have some resistance for that reason.  I wrote it off to his psychological need to broadly advertise himself as the worlds biggest prick.  I suspect that this need will take a second seat to his recognition that sidechains working as advertised give him vastly more power than vanilla Bitcoin alone.  One way or another, Hearn's fork is a genuine threat to him (and humanity) and something worth fighting off with as much energy, cost, and collateral damage as necessary.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 03:36:45 AM

Moar SideChains buzz! ... sounds like some homomorphic encryption ideas (blinded transaction amounts with verifiable crypto proofs) have been implemented in Elements .. wowsers. This is innovation.

https://s3-us-west-1.amazonaws.com/blkstrm/video/elements-gmaxwell.mp4

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2015, 03:38:56 AM

According to MPEX, who has veto power in the form of his GavinCoin short, "Bitcoin with larger blocks" is not Bitcoin.

With sidechains now live on testnet, XT ain't gonna happen.  Support for larger blocks among the redditards will taper off as they are distracted by Blockstream's shiny new Thing, especially if the price begins to recover upward momentum.

We will see if your prediction that quasi-permanent 1MB blocks and sidechains will DOOOM BTC turns out to be true, because that's the path we're going down.  Good thing I have silver and XMR hedges in place to compensate for such a scenario.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 03:39:05 AM

Bitcoin as a backing for sidechains is eminently compatible with Bitcoin as MP's personal wealth playground.

So you are implicitly asserting he will agree to lose the decentralized, pseudonymous characteristic of Bitcoin? Because once the masses are on a pegged side chain with mandatory KYC, the miniscule minority Core chain can be 50% attacked to force it to have the KYC attribute (which means it is also effectively centralized).

Come on now, haven't you seen where this has all been headed?

MP may be a disinformation agent too. Anything is possible. His public role is the Hegelian dialectic employed by TPTB.

cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 03:45:38 AM

Moar SideChains buzz! ... sounds like some homomorphic encryption ideas (blinded transaction amounts with verifiable crypto proofs) have been implemented in Elements .. wowsers. This is innovation.

https://s3-us-west-1.amazonaws.com/blkstrm/video/elements-gmaxwell.mp4

should we be concerned?  not that i don't trust you or anything  Tongue

cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 03:47:50 AM

in the end, Bitcoin with larger blocks is what will win.  sidechains will die and take Blockstream with it.

According to MPEX, who has veto power in the form of his GavinCoin short, "Bitcoin with larger blocks" is not Bitcoin.

With sidechains now live on testnet, XT ain't gonna happen.  Support for larger blocks among the redditards will taper off as they are distracted by Blockstream's shiny new Thing, especially if the price begins to recover upward momentum.

We will see if your prediction that quasi-permanent 1MB blocks and sidechains will DOOOM BTC turns out to be true, because that's the path we're going down.  Good thing I have silver and XMR hedges in place to compensate for such a scenario.

there are those of us who can do anything MPEX can do.

maybe more. 
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2015, 03:51:02 AM

bitcoin will get larger blocks, just not now, "not tonight dear" ... sidechains are inevitable because they are a logical evolution of the technology

Good one MOA.   Cheesy

Adam Back is the real Doctor of Cyphers.  And Nick Szabo has forgotten more about tech, gold, and economics than OP will ever learn.

OP is just a "Faster, please" gadfly opinionating from the code-free comfort of his armchair.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.   Embarrassed

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Pages: « 1 ... 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 [1306] 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 ... 1557 »
  Print  

Jump to: