Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:10:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 [319] 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 ... 2191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation  (Read 3312370 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2015, 04:50:36 PM

Wall to 23, MJ's number. I wonder if it will make it to his number when he came back to the NBA.  Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
elrippo
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 05:04:05 PM

Wall to 23, MJ's number. I wonder if it will make it to his number when he came back to the NBA.  Smiley

Pretty impressive one too  Shocked Grin

For Advertisement. PM me to discuss.
medusa13

Activity: 453
Merit: 500

hello world

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 05:19:26 PM

you mean 45 ?  Grin

i need it to go even higher Cheesy
lets see how this develops, we still have to beat 26-27 first.

patience yeah, but aint nobody got time for that.
a very impressive wall from a loyal long time supporter. it might spark a new run up but this is not sure yet in my view.

edit: lol i did not see he is wearing the 45 in this picture allready Roll Eyes

XMR Monero
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 05:26:23 PM

you mean 45 ?  Grin

a very impressive wall from a loyal long time supporter. it might spark a new run up but this is not sure yet in my view.

Using reverse psychology:
Warz has too many Moneros and therefore a need to sell some more to others. Therefore he is putting buy-orders to scare the sellers so that he is able to dump his coins. Once he has dumped, the wall is pulled away.
Warz told he wants Monero go to 0.004, but I bet he has sold a large stash of his overweight by then.

As said, I am not that interested to buy Moneros at this artificially inflated prices. However I am not selling neither since after all I am a long term supporter of Monero.
Among the very first guys - over 1 year already I have owned Moneros.
medusa13

Activity: 453
Merit: 500

hello world

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 05:31:54 PM

you mean 45 ?  Grin

Using reverse psychology:
Warz has too many Moneros and therefore a need to sell some more to others. Therefore he is putting buy-orders to scare the sellers so that he is able to dump his coins. Once he has dumped, the wall is pulled away.
Warz told he wants Monero go to 0.004, but I bet he has sold a large stash of his overweight by then.

As said, I am not that interested to buy Moneros at this artificially inflated prices. However I am not selling neither since after all I am a long term supporter of Monero.
Among the very first guys - over 1 year already I have owned Moneros.

you never know i agree. but reverse psychology is too simple, thats why most move just straight forward becasue of people like you that think they are more clever than others Wink
anyway i am in the same position. dont buy dont sell. if i had some more btc yeah maybe i would buy some Grin

XMR Monero
Mr Felt

Activity: 493
Merit: 518

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 07:47:28 PM

I've been working with my new offline project during the weekend so I have not been able to follow the markets that well.
Now as I came back online I noticed a big part of my bitcoins have been returned me, still some people are in long positions.
Short position lending I used to have a few thousand coins at the peak (which was lame since my rates were usually the best ones as I wanted to employ my coins), now only less than 50 XMR are in short positions (I have cancelled the auto-renew function in all my lending activities).

Just an observation....  Wink

-----

BTW, what happened on weekend? I saw a huge peak on volumes.... What's the story behind that?

1. Big Wall Man says "DUMP!"
2. People dump!
3. Wall no more. Sad
4. Big Wall Man puts up even bigger wall!
5. Big Wall Man says "ahahahaha!"
6. End.

Quick distraction: This is one of the best crypto-trading analyses and info-posts in my 2+ years trading (short, sweet, and cuts through the crap to the bottom line); it is THE BEST such post pound-for-pound considering its only 6 lines. 

Seriously, for the noobs, lots and lots of traders are just lemmings (not be confused w/ the bots). Such an environment makes looking at trends difficult. 
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2015, 07:56:40 PM

I've been working with my new offline project during the weekend so I have not been able to follow the markets that well.
Now as I came back online I noticed a big part of my bitcoins have been returned me, still some people are in long positions.
Short position lending I used to have a few thousand coins at the peak (which was lame since my rates were usually the best ones as I wanted to employ my coins), now only less than 50 XMR are in short positions (I have cancelled the auto-renew function in all my lending activities).

-----

BTW, what happened on weekend? I saw a huge peak on volumes.... What's the story behind that?

2. People dump!
3. Wall no more. Sad
6. End.

Quick distraction: This is one of the best crypto-trading analyses and info-posts in my 2+ years trading (short, sweet, and cuts through the crap to the bottom line); it is THE BEST such post pound-for-pound considering its only 6 lines. 

Seriously, for the noobs, lots and lots of traders are just lemmings (not be confused w/ the bots). Such an environment makes looking at trends difficult. 

2A. Big Wall Man says, "Big surprise when Wall no more."

Std52stp

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 08:34:49 PM

this is insane......  I saw it many times
this is pump and dump scheme.....but of course nobody knows how high it can go. It can surely goes  to 400,000 again....
would love to believe that people in Argentina started to throw away pesos.... but I am afraid its not this time

all crazy volume is only on Poloniex where you can margin trade ... and guess what.. you can short XMR... and guess what, since that time, aprox 3 weks ago some coins which are overpriced strted to climb up... if you have 250 BTC and want to buy XMR, would you be that dumb and make one big buy order at this time?Huh? and would you push it higher and higher all the time....
Oh my gosh, not even blind sheep could follow that path... this is just insane.... more than insane
when you could easily buy it for much better price on bitcointalk, on OTC  market from some early adopter???

when we see finally some cryptocurrency with mechanism again P&D???
emunie was my favourite till 2014... when I realized that something is wrong.... (except dumb name such as EMU /european monetary union/ they are still beta.... I understand that its hard work but why it lasts 2 years??? oh man its just another big pain.....https://www.facebook.com/eMunie.Currency?fref=ts
afraid that ("negative") articles about founder were correct
Mr Felt

Activity: 493
Merit: 518

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 08:34:53 PM

-----

2. People dump!
3. Wall no more. Sad
6. End.

2A. Big Wall Man says, "Big surprise when Wall no more."

Yep. 
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 08:45:41 PM

this is pump and dump scheme.....but of course nobody knows how high it can go. It can surely goes  to 400,000 again....
would love to believe that people in Argentina started to throw away pesos.... but I am afraid its not this time

all crazy volume is only on Poloniex where you can margin trade ... and guess what.. you can short XMR... and guess what, since that time, aprox 3 weks ago some coins which are overpriced strted to climb up... if you have 250 BTC and want to buy XMR, would you be that dumb and make one big buy order at this time?Huh? and would you push it higher and higher all the time....
Oh my gosh, not even blind sheep could follow that path... this is just insane.... more than insane
when you could easily buy it for much better price on bitcointalk, on OTC  market from some early adopter???

emunie was my favourite till 2014... when I realized that something is wrong.... (except dumb name such as EMU /european monetary union/ they are still beta.... I understand that its hard work but why it lasts 2 years??? oh man its just another big pain.....https://www.facebook.com/eMunie.Currency?fref=ts

Finally a voice of sanity here.
Thank you for your helpful post.
Highly appreciated.
dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 08:48:52 PM

[1] The guy who put that buywall there already owns a lot of XMR. He could be propping up the price, but his last buywall was bought, so it also could be just a genuine buy wall whereby he doesn't care too much which price he'll get.

[2] Although XMR is fairly P&D proof due to it's high inflation, there is no way you can exclude pumpers (speculators) at all and develop a cryptocurrency which is P&D resistant. As long as the cryptocurrency scene is  unregulated for most part, it will attract people with malicous intents. Furthermore, P&D still exists on stock exchanges that are regulated, so probably regulation won't scare them off anyway.

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 08:55:39 PM

[1] The guy who put that buywall there already owns a lot of XMR. He could be propping up the price, but his last buywall was bought, so it also could be just a genuine buy wall whereby he doesn't care too much which price he'll get.

[2] Although XMR is fairly P&D proof due to it's high inflation, there is no way you can exclude pumpers (speculators) at all and develop a cryptocurrency which is P&D resistant. As long as the cryptocurrency scene is  unregulated for most part, it will attract people with malicous intents. Furthermore, P&D still exists on stock exchanges that are regulated, so probably regulation won't scare them off anyway.

Yes.
One needs to know at what price it is reasonable to buy.
Sometimes it is hard to make a rational decision when there are a lot of pumpers and bullish talk on forums/trollbox.
rpietila
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 09:59:52 PM

I was a little bearish when 180 seemed vulnerable (still remember the lost battle of 280..)

Now it looks like ~180 is the floor. This is not bad at all, 180 is twice as high as 90.

New money is needed for any sustained rise out of the range. I am a little skeptical for now but maybe it's just me. As usual, even one buyer can change the landscape, as is happening now.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
TheKoziTwo
Legendary

Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 10:08:19 PM

Yes.
Sometimes it is hard to make a rational decision when there are a lot of pumpers and bullish talk on forums/trollbox.
Funny that you, of all people, are saying that.

celestio

Activity: 770
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 01:27:26 AM

TrueCryptonaire might be the next mrkavasaki(or same person who knows). His highly contradictory posts primarily consist of menial efforts to try and pump/dump Monero to gain profits/sell at so called "highs"/buy in at so called "lows".

"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime" - Satoshi Nakamoto, June 17, 2010
G2M

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Activity: 616

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 01:37:24 AM

To his credit, he did say that it's a good time to lend, and that is true.

Wind picked up: F4BC1F4BC0A2A1C4

banditryandloot goin2mars kbm keyboard-mash theusualstuff

probably a few more that don't matter for much.
shitaifan2013
Legendary

Activity: 879

monero

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 05:03:58 AM

To his credit, he did say that it's a good time to lend, and that is true.

0.0047%/d is a good time to lend?  Huh

Melbustus
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 06:34:56 AM

Sidechains released tonight. This part is potentially relevant here:

Bitcoin is the first monetary system to credibly offer perfect information to all economic participants.
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 07:37:31 AM

Yes.
Sometimes it is hard to make a rational decision when there are a lot of pumpers and bullish talk on forums/trollbox

Funny how you are always around at the top telling everyone not to sell and around at the bottom telling everyone not to buy. It's pathetically transparent.

We had a bottom already.
I told on trollbox and I will tell it here also: If Monero goes beyond 0.0025 I will transfer funds to Polo and start setting sell orders which you can take or leave and perhaps also dumping a few coins to buy orders.

That's called profitable trading.

You are right, I want to buy an overweighted position (now I have a "neutral position") but I don't want to buy in at this price.

Guys, remember - I was here around prior many others who tries to be "smart" and are bitching me.
Some of you are noobs.
I consider myself one of the early adopter.
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 07:39:37 AM

Yes.
Funny that you, of all people, are saying that.

I wanted to make 0.004'ish a floor but failed thanks to the lack of community support so I dumped AFTER I got an answear from the community that they do not support that price. If others do not support, why should I?
Pages: « 1 ... 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 [319] 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 ... 2191 »
  Print  

Jump to: