Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 04:20:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 [408] 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
noodle73

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 01:53:27 PM

You will all be given preferential treatment with our future generation devices.

Cool

I like their style. It may be words, but they're saying the all right things to impress me. Setting a shipping completion date of 15th Oct is huge news in its own right. Go KNC!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vagnavs
Legendary

Activity: 1121
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 01:53:58 PM

so does that mean. All orders that were supposed to go in September are now scheduled to go out no later than October 15th?
Regards

Avalanche is a must own
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 01:55:46 PM

so does that mean. All orders that were supposed to go in September are now scheduled to go out no later than October 15th?
Regards

It means they anticipate to fulfil all orders made by October 15th.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
Nemo1024
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2013, 01:57:13 PM

Regards

September as in "the end of September", so yes. End of September to 15th of October: ~3 weeks.

I also wonder if there'll be a way to upgrade my gear.

I currently have a hosted Saturn, and would not say no to upgrading it to Jupiter around November-December (without buying a new machine).

“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”
“We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.”
“It is important to fight and fight again, and keep fighting, for only then can evil be kept at bay, though never quite eradicated.”
anykeywhy

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 01:57:40 PM

...so, quite all of you are saying that I should finalize my two june KNC pre-orders (1 Jupiter + 1 Saturn), both #15xx orders ;P ;P ;P ?!?!?!?!?!

It isn't right?!?!? Grin

cheers!!! Smiley
-anykeywhy-

Unfilled pre-orders are not valid anymore. You had a bit over a week to do that in June.

My orders are still valid and in the order number queue... (plus: as KNC stated, they also have can satisfy other added orders in-time..)
If you have any SURE/VERIFIED news, please report it back and I will thank you! Wink

cheers! Smiley

As far as i know you have to pay the full order for it to be shipped, and the que is based on paid orders.
Thank god ive paid for mine already

I've contacted KNC to solve any doubt!!! Wink They stated that they would alert customers when purchased goods payment should become DONE, then give us one week to finalize the payment!!!  Wink 

I'll report back as soon as I will receive reply from KNC!!!
cheers! Smiley

I had an early June preorder and because I was away out of country I missed the payment date by 2-3 days....and sorry I was told to reorder and my order would be placed at the end of the line. I had an order in the first few hundred...if they honour your unpaid June preorder...myself and I'm sure many others will lose their shit on them.

Mine's where other unpleasant, resolved, troubles..... .....I understand you! Smiley

But I clearly remember that KNCminer stated as part of their business rules, since their start, that they would NOT accept payments for pre-orders like other companies did...... Also they stated that they would send an payment invoice to un-payed pre-orders, one week before the last usable day to accomplish the full payment.. An that would happen once they could define theis shipping time-line (& obviously their production rate/capability...) ...  ... ... ...
That was part of KNCminer Network Protection & Customers Protection Program since may 2013 as thy started publicly...

AND EXACTLY FOR THAT REASON I PLACED MY PRE-ORDERS and still haven't payed for them... ...So, I'm waiting for an "official" answer from KNC support (emailed them)!!! Wink

If I remeber well also this, but unsure here, they stated also that they would keep your order queue position even if you add more machines on your order later...
Till now, I have received all KNC emails since my account on their site was created, in may, and nothing mentioned any order cancellation... ...my orders are still up and with the same progressive numbers!!!

If you still remember, when KNC "appeared", they were tagged as scammers... (..and someone really stupd still do it..) ... A bunch of us never think that and continued/continue to support KNC and invest in their business, accordingly to our-own capability! Wink  --I'm sorry to had recall tis times to KNCminer, please forgive me! These days are definitely BEHIND !!! Grin Grin Grin

Kind Regards,
-anykeywhy-
dwdoc
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

- - -Caveat Aleo- - -

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 01:58:29 PM

Store Update

...You will all be given preferential treatment with our future generation devices.

We will not forget the support you have given us.

Thanks,

KnCMiner Team

Can I trade my "preferential treatment with future devices" for 1 week earlier delivery on my current order?
timmmers

Activity: 1176
Merit: 265

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 02:01:42 PM

Regards

They aren't stupid so they wouldn't say that knowing the backlash should they not deliver on time I think..making a rod for their own back they don't need to set an exact date. Liking this.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin

.ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..

█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.TELEGRAM
de_ixie

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 02:02:59 PM

Uhh getting so exited now  Cheesy

European Bitcoin Exchange - Bitcoin handeln im deutschen Rechtsraum. Fair und reibungslos:
www.bitcoin.de (Aff. Link - Thank you!)
dwdoc
Legendary

Activity: 966

- - -Caveat Aleo- - -

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 02:03:48 PM

Mine's where other unpleasant, resolved, troubles..... .....I understand you! Smiley

But I clearly remember that KnCminer stated as part of their business rules, since their start, that they would NOT accept payments for pre-orders like other companies did...... Also they stated that they would send an payment invoice to un-payed pre-orders, one week before the last usable day to accomplish the full payment.. An that would happen once they could define theis shipping time-line (& obviously their production rate/capability...) ...  ... ... ...
That was part of KNCminer Network Protection & Customers Protection Program since may 2013 as thy started publicly...

AND EXACTLY FOR THAT REASON I PLACED MY PRE-ORDERS and still haven't payed for them... ...So, I'm waiting for an "official" answer from KNC support (emailed them)!!! Wink

If I remeber well also this, but unsure here, they stated also that they would keep your order queue position even if you add more machines on your order later...
Till now, I have received all KNC emails since my account on their site was created, in may, and nothing mentioned any order cancellation... ...my orders are still up and with the same progressive numbers!!!

If you still remember, when KNC "appeared", they were tagged as scammers... (..and someone really stupd still do it..) ... A bunch of us never think that and continued/continue to support KNC and invest in their business, accordingly to our-own capability! Wink  --I'm sorry to had recall tis times to KNCminer, please forgive me! These days are definitely BEHIND !!! Grin Grin Grin

Kind Regards,
-anykeywhy-

Sorry but we were all notified on the KNCminer website and on this forum that pre-orders had to be paid in full by June 10, 2013.
I'm afraid that ship has sailed.

Payment Window Closing

6/10/2013 7:10:00 PM

All,

At midnight CET tonight (10:00pm GMT) the 7 day payment will close for new orders. Which means that all orders paid after that time will simply enter the Shipping queue on a first come first service bases.

There are however a few exceptions.

1. People having payment issues that have been previously registered with ourselves (before midnight) either via email or via phone.

2. People who are waiting on a reply to a delivery or support question form us before they are able to pay.

3. For people paying with Bank transfers. We will allow a few more days for the transfer to take place.

https://www.kncminer.com/news?page=3
noodle73

Activity: 71

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 02:04:34 PM

Regards

They aren't stupid so they wouldn't say that knowing the backlash should they not deliver on time I think..making a rod for their own back they don't need to set an exact date. Liking this.

+1
trdiablo

Activity: 540
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 02:08:52 PM

...so, quite all of you are saying that I should finalize my two june KNC pre-orders (1 Jupiter + 1 Saturn), both #15xx orders ;P ;P ;P ?!?!?!?!?!

It isn't right?!?!? Grin

cheers!!! Smiley
-anykeywhy-

Unfilled pre-orders are not valid anymore. You had a bit over a week to do that in June.

My orders are still valid and in the order number queue... (plus: as KNC stated, they also have can satisfy other added orders in-time..)
If you have any SURE/VERIFIED news, please report it back and I will thank you! Wink

cheers! Smiley

As far as i know you have to pay the full order for it to be shipped, and the que is based on paid orders.

I've contacted KNC to solve any doubt!!! Wink They stated that they would alert customers when purchased goods payment should become DONE, then give us one week to finalize the payment!!!  Wink 

cheers! Smiley

I had an early June preorder and because I was away out of country I missed the payment date by 2-3 days....and sorry I was told to reorder and my order would be placed at the end of the line. I had an order in the first few hundred...if they honour your unpaid June preorder...myself and I'm sure many others will lose their shit on them.

It says clearly on their site: "Please note that production and shipping queue is based on full payment, not order date."
Henchman24

Activity: 378

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 02:19:13 PM

It isn't right?!?!? Grin

cheers!!! Smiley
-anykeywhy-

cheers! Smiley

cheers! Smiley

It says clearly on their site: "Please note that production and shipping queue is based on full payment, not order date."

I'm guessing there won't be as many smiley faces in his follow-up post.   Cry
AFox

Activity: 539
Merit: 517

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 02:20:14 PM

The last news seems to tell : We are going to do batches.
No shipping between the 15th of October and mid-November.

My lucky BTC address : 1LoTTerY3WYbGxVRHvh8oDudDdTxFvvqWF
de_ixie

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 02:24:01 PM

The last news seems to tell : We are going to do batches.
No shipping between the 15th of October and mid-November.

I wouldn't consider it a "Batch" really.

You can't sell up to October 31st at $7,000 and then November 1st Say it's $5,000.

yeah - good argument

European Bitcoin Exchange - Bitcoin handeln im deutschen Rechtsraum. Fair und reibungslos:
www.bitcoin.de (Aff. Link - Thank you!)
klee
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 02:25:35 PM

http://thegenesisblock.com/bitfuy-begins-shipping-to-customers/

"Bitfury will clearly have a large impact on the network, but the full amount has not been disclosed. Over 400 TH/s are likely from their pre-assembled units over the next two months, but it is likely that any large-scale orders would be through their bulk chip orders. Bitfury sold lots of 3,000 chips (around 9 TH/s total) for $330,000 on August deliveries and $60,000 on October deliveries. Amid Avalon’s two-month delays with few pre-orders arriving out of the 800,000 chip backlog, Bitfury could emerge as the dominant ASIC mining chip manufacturer until companies like HastFash and CoinTerra release their 28nm at the end of this year."

Not a mention on KnC wow...
timmmers

Activity: 1176
Merit: 265

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 02:25:43 PM

Wait your image shows that you will ROI by start of Jan? What the F are you on about then?

Dude, you are smoking fucking crack if you basing your assumptions off of difficulty 3.4 BILLION by March 2014... ASIC manufacturers would have to be selling these things like like toilet paper in order to reach that amount of difficulty and they simply are not going to be able to put that much hash power out quick enough to realize this difficulty within 6 months time.

Why?
A. Because at this point in the game if you didn't get in early enough to make seed capital for further investment, your probably not going to invest/reinvest. Less investors = less rigs = Less Difficulty

B. Guys just like you will continue to scoff at a 20% return (which by the way is an awesome return within 6 months by any measure). And is based off of what you will get worst case if your Genesis Block charts stand correct assuming you have a Jupiter by October. (Referencing your Image, and assuming a switch-off date of March 2013)

C. The equipment that is in use today, will not be in use in 6 months... This shit isn't like CPU's where you still have people rockin Pentium 4's, the life expectancy of a ASIC is directly related to their profitability which as difficulty rises profitability decreases. Which again brings us back to the toilet paper analogy, people would have to be replacing/buy new equipment every 6 months to keep up. and even then, they would be switching off their Avalon batch 3 dinosaurs at this point. I don't see this happening.

D.After all the BFL bullshit, Avalon cancelling chip orders, hashfast, cointerra, and all the other so-called 28nm developers soliciting for December, when the the lions share of the potential performance will be ate up, manufacturers will have to be really pushing the envelope on the tech, and this will cost money, definitely within the thousand of dollars. very few other than the rich, and die-hard supporters will be buying in at this point.

E. Among other endeavors I am a firearms dealer and let me tell you some of the dynamics and concerns about flooding the market with product are very real in this business and apply to ASICs. Manufacturers of firearms go to great lengths to ensure they stay profitable and too much product hitting the streets too fast most definitely causes devaluation in this market. Gun manufacturers want to continue charging ridiculous prices for the few pieces of product they make so they limit how much product hits the distributors per month to keep the scarcity high and thus the prices high. This is no different for ASIC Manufacturers. At some point when the dust settles, and the guys that saw an opportunity to make a quick buck shutdown, your going to see ASIC manufacturers throttling the supply, and I firmly believe this is already happening and will only get worse as difficulty rises. They don't want to give these things away, and you can bet your ass they're not going to do it without making a handsome profit.

This is all speculation, however that is the exact point plasmoske, and everyone else in the forum is making. There are lots of mechanics to this whole thing that we don't even know about, let alone can calculate and at the end of the day its a dice roll, you wanna play? Go big or go home. If your too afraid of losing your money, stick with the stock market, or better yet T-Bonds. Just don't expect to make a 20% return within 6 months.

Also, a business that could make a 20% profit for it's owner in it's first year trading could also lose it's owner his shirt..lose everything like many do every day. Not much risk of that with this ..we're pretty certain to get some return at least if we didn't invest money we don't have.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin

.ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..

█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.TELEGRAM
cognoscente

Activity: 111

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 02:25:56 PM

It looks like they're going to have a fully automated building process.  They reserve slots in a robotic manufacturing facility, same as chip fab.  Kinda like the opposite of BFL where there's one guy soldering and screwing as fast as he can.  They got the screwing down to a fine art, but the soldering still needs some work.
robix

Activity: 360

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 02:29:40 PM

What do you guys thin about the new price. $5k, mid November, a good bargain?
AFox

Activity: 539
Merit: 517

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 02:33:43 PM

No, you will lose money.

My lucky BTC address : 1LoTTerY3WYbGxVRHvh8oDudDdTxFvvqWF
cognoscente

Activity: 111

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 02:34:27 PM

It's as good as it's going to get for the time being.  If BTC keeps skyrocketing, you'll be a happy camper.
Pages: « 1 ... 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 [408] 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: