Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 06:13:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 [833] 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
donch

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Updated ironic image.

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 08:42:59 PM

Hey Orama have you got your miner yet?
Well Orama?

No I currently have a dev board with two missbehaving modules i'm testing beaglebones on with the new firmware update.

Should have gone British with a Raspberry Pi, *waves flag*!

"How are you justifying these as fair use?  They are clearly and unequivocally a copyright violation."
"I really want to know how you justify that under the fair use doctrine?  It does not conform to a single point of fair use."
Josh whining about people reusing his studio portrait shot on this forum. Can you copyright a copyright complaint? All Paypal refunds are final.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 08:43:39 PM

Dude the hashrate is about to level out for a bit not, continue growing like this for a while.

Quoted so I'll have something to laugh at after a couple more crazy adjustments.

As in the hashrate will plateau after the shipment ceases as the proportional increase won't be of the same magnitude for a while. That's logical. Obviously the difficulty will continue through some crazy adjustment yet, as it is yet to truly reflect the current hashrate. Those increases will be close together obviously as blocks are solved faster.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
donch

Updated ironic image.

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 08:45:55 PM

Dude the hashrate is about to level out for a bit not, continue growing like this for a while.

Quoted so I'll have something to laugh at after a couple more crazy adjustments.

As it in the hashrate will plateau after the shipment ceases as the proportional increase won't be of the same magnitude for a while. That's logical.

Due to the fact that no-one except Hashfast has published their orderbook, you or I have no certainty over that statement. It's illogical to assume anything without facts.

"How are you justifying these as fair use?  They are clearly and unequivocally a copyright violation."
"I really want to know how you justify that under the fair use doctrine?  It does not conform to a single point of fair use."
Josh whining about people reusing his studio portrait shot on this forum. Can you copyright a copyright complaint? All Paypal refunds are final.
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 08:48:28 PM

As it in the hashrate will plateau after the shipment ceases as the proportional increase won't be of the same magnitude for a while. That's logical.

Due to the fact that no-one except Hashfast has published their orderbook, you or I have no certainty over that statement. It's illogical to assume anything without facts.

No of course, it's my prediction, based on my reasoning. Of course I don't know what other unknowns exist, but I don't think 'old money' wants to get involved for a while yet, they want to see far less volatility and far more value reflected in the cumulative BTC price. Along with more certain regulation from governments. 

The Avenger

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 08:49:04 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=312579

"The circle of lifeeee" Sing it with me.

"I am not The Avenger"
1AthxGvreWbkmtTXed6EQfjXMXXdSG7dD6
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 08:50:40 PM

Hey Orama have you got your miner yet?
Well Orama?

No I currently have a dev board with two missbehaving modules i'm testing beaglebones on with the new firmware update.

How come you still don't have a miner? What order number do you have? I don't understand.

Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 08:52:39 PM

No of course, it's my prediction, based on my reasoning.

Your "reasoning" is clouded by being a knc-fanboi. The hashrate is not going to "level out" for quite some time.

Buy & Hold
donch

Updated ironic image.

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 08:55:17 PM

No of course, it's my prediction, based on my reasoning. Of course I don't know what other unknowns exist, but I don't think 'old money' wants to get involved for a while yet, they want to see far less volatility and far more value reflected in the cumulative BTC price. Along with more certain regulation from governments.  

Well, I'm sad to say that I cancelled my October Jupiter order based on the uncertainty surrounding the hash rate. If KNC want to stand out in the market place, I'd suggest a fully transparent order book. In fact, I'm sure they mentioned they were going to do that at one point. Anyone who bought for October delivery can make a better decision on ROI if they know what the November delivery looks like, and November customers want certainty over the next generation March 2014 timetable. BFL kept their order book hidden like a state secret and the reason was they had sold kit that would never get close to making a profit. There are still people now waiting for Minirigs. God, I feel sorry for their loss.

I'm signing off from this thread. It's been fun and thanks Bitcoinorama for the information you've extracted. Keep pushing for more :-)

Bitcoinorama

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 08:58:54 PM

Your "reasoning" is clouded by being a knc-fanboi. The hashrate is not going to "level out" for quite some time.

Think about it. This shipment has been the most disruptive major volume of hashrate unleashed upon the network in a short period of time. You're seeing the effect of that. KnC aren't shipping for another month. Who else is going to have such a marked effect in that time? When they do ship on the following occasion it's unlikely to be equal to what's shipping now, and even if it was it wouldn't have the effect the current outlay will, because the current shipment will already be part of the total network hashrate at that point. They will not be shipping anything like what they are shipping now PLUS what already existed. Therefore the increase will not be as proportional and be more incremental. What you are seeing now will be the largest single increase - proportionately - for a given finite period.

The Avenger

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 09:00:46 PM

Man, that video makes me want to buy a diamond encrusted eye patch  Cheesy

"I am not The Avenger"
1AthxGvreWbkmtTXed6EQfjXMXXdSG7dD6
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 09:02:54 PM

Well, I'm sad to say that I cancelled my October Jupiter order based on the uncertainty surrounding the hash rate. If KNC want to stand out in the market place, I'd suggest a fully transparent order book. In fact, I'm sure they mentioned they were going to do that at one point. Anyone who bought for October delivery can make a better decision on ROI if they know what the November delivery looks like, and November customers want certainty over the next generation March 2014 timetable. BFL kept their order book hidden like a state secret and the reason was they had sold kit that would never get close to making a profit. There are still people now waiting for Minirigs. God, I feel sorry for their loss.

I'm signing off from this thread. It's been fun and thanks Bitcoinorama for the information you've extracted. Keep pushing for more :-)

No worries bro, i'll try, I need to catch some shut-eye too. Night!

Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 09:06:28 PM

UPS has a feature where they email you with a tracking number.  DHL doesn't automatically do that.  Mine came directly from KNC in order to shut me up (I imagine).

Same here.

I asked for and paid for UPS shipping and got DHL (don't know whether that is good or bad)

and it was shipped on the 16th, not the 15th as they had indicated.

Based on my experiences with both carriers, you got upgraded. UPS can screw up anything, and seem proud of it.
Transam808

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 09:19:56 PM

Received my dhl tracking number for knc, I had to ago l ask them, they said there was a problem with dhl seeking tracking,  let's see how long it takes them to get to Hawaii
timmmers

Activity: 1176
Merit: 265

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 09:26:19 PM

Think about it. This shipment has been the most disruptive major volume of hashrate unleashed upon the network in a short period of time. You're seeing the effect of that. KnC aren't shipping for another month. Who else is going to have such a marked effect in that time? When they do ship on the following occasion it's unlikely to be equal to what's shipping now, and even if it was it wouldn't have the effect the current outlay will, because the current shipment will already be part of the total network hashrate at that point. They will not be shipping anything like what they are shipping now PLUS what already existed. Therefore the increase will not be as proportional and be more incremental. What you are seeing now will be the largest single increase - proportionately - for a given finite period.

Does that include Chinese orders too ? Or is that a separate order book from the Chinese site?

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin

.ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..

█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.TELEGRAM
dlasher

Activity: 467
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2013, 09:28:20 PM

This is nothing... wait till Cointerra start shipping... blooood everywhere...
erschiessen

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 09:29:40 PM

Received my dhl tracking number for knc, I had to ago l ask them, they said there was a problem with dhl seeking tracking,  let's see how long it takes them to get to Hawaii
Phoenix1969 is also in Hawaii... I think I read earlier today that he thought 2 business days from Sweden to HI.

Your Message Here
12KHW3i2Hamk1irY8b181N4vMXUnVYL1ah
MrHempstock

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

"Don't worry. My career died after Batman, too."

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 09:30:57 PM

For all the threats of "they haven't performed perfectly and are thus killing the chances of future business"
I would point to the amount of $ BFL continues to pull from potential miners. If anything, struggling through these learning experiences is going to solidify trust in KNCs ability to circumvent these types of situations for gen2 miners. (I hope, you NEVER know for sure)

BTCitcointalk 1%ers manipulate the currency and deceive its user community.
Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 09:35:18 PM
Last edit: October 16, 2013, 09:56:55 PM by Puppet

Thats completely uncertain.  As donch tried to tell you, we have no idea how many preorders HF has (or bitmine, or cointerra for that matter). What we do know is that at least hashfast will have the manufacturing capacity to crank out miners far faster than KnC. Not that 350 miners per day is shabby, but Ciara (odm hashfast contracted) could potentially do an order of magnitude more without breaking a sweat.

Moreover, you seem to think that because of the hashrate increase, sales will dry up. I disagree.  At the current price, sure, sales will dry up, but all these miners are still operationally profitable and will remain so for a long time. Prices will just drop and keep dropping, but all of those manufacturers will keep producing miners for many months at the very least, and they will sell them at whatever price the market offers until that price is below their cost. KnC might not be best placed in that regard with their monster size chip, but most of the others are still very far from marginal profitability. More over presales may keep them busy much longer than you think. BFL is still shipping perorders almost a year old. Gives you an idea...

Unless Hashfast, Activeminer, Bitmine, Cointerra, BFL, Bitfury and to a lesser degree asicminer, btcgarden, black arrow, avalon and whoever else Im forgetting, unless almost all of them drop the ball, what we've seen in the past few weeks is going to pale in comparison to what we will see over the next few months.

PS: past few weeks werent exactly record breaking:
http://bitcoin.sipa.be/speed-ever.png

Sure, in absolute terms, as in TH added, every record was broken, but every difficulty change from now to February is likely to break that record. In relative terms, this is pretty mild compared to 2010-211
itod
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1075

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 09:36:51 PM

I wonder if you are clueless, or malicious giving people misinformation. It brings another question - if someone reads what you've written above and get's huge financial loss believing it, can that someone bring you to court someday asking for compensation. Let's clarify if you are clueless, in slim chance that future court case happens: Do you know what CIARA is and what is in the picture below?
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 09:54:57 PM

Mine now says: Order #6xxx In progress (Payed)

We shall see for how long.
We've gone through 4xxx to 6xxx in one day? Damn those Swede's work hard.

It's all lies. A rig in progress would be easily finished in hours and shipped at least next day. That's not happening for many. Once in progress, no refund.
Looks better too...in some other universe.

MEanwhile on Ebay.. http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_from=R40&_nkw=KNC%20bitcoin&rt=nc&_pppn=r1&LH_PrefLoc=2&_fspt=1

I sent them an email on my unit when it still stated paid at my end...(this is on my 520x Saturn aug 6th...just thought if I could get a refund it would be prudent in that new pricing stuff in nov will be coming out..save my 4k for another day..if they let me)... anyway the email I got said it WAS in processing but the person said they would see if they could pull it anyway...will tell me tomorrow...I probably could yank it via cc but while it is worth a shot cancelling it if it has not been made if they actually ship the beast I'll probably take it..but as for myself I already have a Jupiter on the plane in shipping..and really a Saturn arriving prob the first of November here...well ...  the $$$ would prob do me more good down the road with another knc product imho at this time then being again the new round of shipping 15 days after I probably get the beastie

anyway worth a shot for those who may feel a bit squeezed with the stuff from November and the new pricing going to ship from there on Nov 15th...I myself just can't justify the cost diff between getting my unit on nov 1st and the new pricing going out the door for another go around of this on nov 15th with the new stuff

we will see what they say tomorrow....I'll take my lumps if it ships...but for those in PAID yet or just got processing in same boat may (assuming I know what i'm doing ..ie unlikely) may want to make  a similar attempt ..if it an't built yet

my 2c worth

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Pages: « 1 ... 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 [833] 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: