Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 11:49:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 [785] 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
FeedbackLoop

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 12:22:48 AM
Last edit: October 14, 2013, 12:39:38 AM by FeedbackLoop

Meanwhile, back at the farm:

Dat's 2117 TH/s.

it will hit 3PH soon

That's scary because KNC hasn't delivered anything new in a week.  Who put up all that hashing power today?

If KnC does do a relatively large shipment on a single day we should see it reflected in network hashrate as an unusual blip.  Might be usable to distinguish the effect of KnC additions from others.  

Bitfury added a hundred TH just this weekend and just to this pool: https://ghash.io/  . But please bring those discussions to mining speculation.

Regarding promised dates, indeed OP clearly states summer. Late August was also mentioned though only as a possibility and then September was the deadline offered. I got very annoyed when I was told, in person, at that luxurious office in the most expensive part of Stockholm, that the only date given was always the 15th of October! October was definitely not what we were told when we payed thousands of USD's for a pre-order (>8000 USD in my case) in early June. Now I can totally live with a slight delay since they totally over-delivered in hash rate, but not with fact distortion and playing people for dumb. Please stop that!  (Like that "early autumn" post). KNC also said "refunds until shipment" and now stopped that!  

For me, and I guess for most people, the over delivery in hash rate makes up for the delay (even if early delivery would have been preferable to higher hash rate). However nothing makes up for pretending some things were not said.

Actually for me, technically, the hash rate is already technically "under-promised" as when, after leaving Sweden empty handed, and after a few full days of losing time trying to reach customer support and playing detective for phone numbers, I finally found Sam's number and gave him a call directly (something I hated having to do). He found my unit that was supposed to have shipped two days before in his office. I was finally given the possibility of a refund (that I asked earlier the same day without success to customer support) or ship. I asked "OK, does it really run at +550?", I was expecting a "no, but around 500" and I would have said "that's great! ship it please", but I was told that yes, it is running at over 550 like they advertise in the website now.

No need for that! What's the point? Feels like they are trying hard to throw away the "under-promise over-deliver" and totally kill their definite 500>400 glow!

When I went to Sweden I was feeling a bit like a Orama wannabe wanting to take photos of machines and "win the bet" for September (even though I didn't actually bet). Now, after they entered this stage, I just feel like whining endlessly about September, the thousands of USD in pre-orders and compensations.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
uski

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 12:30:12 AM

If I remember correctly the stated reason was to prevent power conflict from a powered USB device.
(I thought the Usb cable spec provides protection?)

This really does not make sense to me.
A powered USB device does not send power back to the USB port it is connected to.

It must be something else - I don't think about something fishy, they must have a valid reason, it's just that I don't see it now.
danhu

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2013, 12:32:59 AM

tomorrow will be a big day. let see what Kncminer can deliver on October 14 to know if they can deliver everythings by October 15 .
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

LIR DEV

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 12:36:51 AM

tomorrow will be a big day. let see what Kncminer can deliver on October 14 to know if they can deliver everythings by October 15 .
Cry  UG, what he said.. ^^^

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
soy
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 12:40:05 AM

If I remember correctly the stated reason was to prevent power conflict from a powered USB device.
(I thought the Usb cable spec provides protection?)

This really does not make sense to me.
A powered USB device does not send power back to the USB port it is connected to.

It must be something else - I don't think about something fishy, they must have a valid reason, it's just that I don't see it now.

Looking at a Dell monitor with a pair of broken USB ports, the USB 5V in only goes to signal its presence and power to the monitor's usb ports is supplied from the monitor power supply.  If you look at the inexpensive 7 port USB hubs available now the 5 volts from its supply is common with the 5 volts on any line in.  Plug one of those into your BBB board, then mistakenly plug in a 12vdc wall wart with an identical connector as the USB hub's power supply and you have 12vdc heading up into your BBB attached to the Jupiter.
sbfree

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 12:56:28 AM

Where's the datacenter for hosting

https://www.kncminer.com/categories/hosting

eternity, if its the ip address i found and posted earlier, it is a long long way from stockholm. I could be wrong.
sbfree

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 01:07:43 AM

Meanwhile, back at the farm:

Dat's 2117 TH/s.

it will hit 3PH soon

That's scary because KNC hasn't delivered anything new in a week.  Who put up all that hashing power today?

If KnC does do a relatively large shipment on a single day we should see it reflected in network hashrate as an unusual blip.  Might be usable to distinguish the effect of KnC additions from others. 

couldn't be these guys could it?Huh? ip addie  85.230.50.37
sbfree

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 01:15:37 AM

Hardly. This address found only two blocks. That means it performs approximately at 18TH: (2/231×2100=18.181818182)

first, have you read any real good posts from HOSTED MINERS, AND

secondly, did you do an ip trace on that ip address....then let me know what you think???
dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 01:22:52 AM

IMO I'm looking at Bitfury and coughbflcough as contributing to the latest increase.
dhenson
Legendary

Activity: 994

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 01:22:58 AM

Anyone know what 'other' errors are in the btcguild dashboard? I'm down to 400GH/s and about 1/4th of the total shares are ending up in the OTHER error column.

bee7

Activity: 574
Merit: 523

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 01:26:16 AM

IMO I'm looking at Bitfury and coughbflcough as contributing to the latest increase.

Well, ghash.io increased its performance approximately by 100Th during past day/day and a half. This is true.
sbfree

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 01:45:48 AM

Anyone know what 'other' errors are in the btcguild dashboard? I'm down to 400GH/s and about 1/4th of the total shares are ending up in the OTHER error column.

dhenson, hit up eleuthria, he def. can tell you....here is his thread for your btcguild....https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=49417.4240
sbfree

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 01:57:25 AM

dhenson, not sure if related but BTCGUILD was under DDOS attack last week for a good while....Eleuthria made server and other changes to help with the attack. Not sure but that has caused some miners problems...you could also ask him for private server info. if need be, to prevent connection problems to btcguild. Ask Eleuthria.
DimensionsOfHell

Activity: 346
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 02:24:01 AM

I seriously doubt it. I was really hoping they would have it all shipped by the 15th, as 'Orama mentioned that KNC is still very confident that they will finish all shipping by the 15th. I remember them also saying they were very confident they would start first day of shipping by the 30th of Sept, but that didn't happen. I wish they would just be honest about the dates. I would be ok with a few more days of delay, but give me some kind of idea of time frame.

They accomplished big things, congrats on that, but they seriously need better communications with the community. I think above everything else, that is what people are most upset about, I know I am.

The extra hash rate is great, for people who got the miners early (1st/2nd day received), but for the people that are getting it late, we are screwed. All that extra hashing rate is just raising the difficulty even higher for us. We are not likely to see ROI+. For all of our sake, I really hope the price of BTC raises a whole lot more (which it seems to be doing the past few days).
sbfree

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 02:33:43 AM

dhenson, not sure if related but BTCGUILD was under DDOS attack last week for a good while....Eleuthria made server and other changes to help with the attack. Not sure but that has caused some miners problems...you could also ask him for private server info. if need be, to prevent connection problems to btcguild. Ask Eleuthria.

dhenson, so eleuthria says its the jupiter, and it could be software/hardware or both. I did remember phoenix1969 mentioning that he saw 2 instances of cgminer running on his rig....one with the info. that was pre-configured, and another with his "new" settings....maybe I read that wrong, might want to ask him...although he has saturns.
josh_nc

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 03:12:21 AM

I seriously doubt it. I was really hoping they would have it all shipped by the 15th, as 'Orama mentioned that KNC is still very confident that they will finish all shipping by the 15th. I remember them also saying they were very confident they would start first day of shipping by the 30th of Sept, but that didn't happen. I wish they would just be honest about the dates. I would be ok with a few more days of delay, but give me some kind of idea of time frame.

They accomplished big things, congrats on that, but they seriously need better communications with the community. I think above everything else, that is what people are most upset about, I know I am.

The extra hash rate is great, for people who got the miners early (1st/2nd day received), but for the people that are getting it late, we are screwed. All that extra hashing rate is just raising the difficulty even higher for us. We are not likely to see ROI+. For all of our sake, I really hope the price of BTC raises a whole lot more (which it seems to be doing the past few days).

I sincerely hope that many here have long realized that there is no possible ROI on BTC with any miner, any configuration or any amount of miners per individual. The only possible ROI is in paper currency ***IF*** whatever your paper currency really takes a big dive which may not happen any time soon being that central banks of the G7 are all well aligned and most banks are robbing us to stay afloat.

So, best to mine as a drug to dope you from the nasty world you live in and keep alive some hope that whatever you amass in BTC may multiply a thousand fold in a not too distant future. I believe it is more fun and the chances are much better than playing any lottery. So enjoy and stop complaining because the long wait has become part of the deal. Hmmm, perhaps complaining is also part of the story so yeah, go on, complain if you wish... you've earned it!

Smiley
dhenson
Legendary

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 03:24:56 AM

dhenson, so eleuthria says its the jupiter, and it could be software/hardware or both. I did remember phoenix1969 mentioning that he saw 2 instances of cgminer running on his rig....one with the info. that was pre-configured, and another with his "new" settings....maybe I read that wrong, might want to ask him...although he has saturns.

Yeah, this was the response from Eleuthria:

What miner are you using, it's SEVERELY broken.  You're submitting 500k+ shares that didn't come from BTC Guild.  Your 500k+ "Other" shares are Unknown Work, meaning you're returning results to work that was never given to you, either because your miner is spitting out corrupted data/unpadded results, or submitting work from a different pool.

It would seem that my miner is having software issues.  The problem is that I have no ability to reset the unit, nor troubleshoot or even look at logs, view the console... nothing.  To make matters worse, THEY WON'T RESPOND TO MY EMAIL'S.  Sorry, that just came out.  My frustration is about ready to pop a vein in my neck.
sbfree

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 03:33:52 AM

Yeah, this was the response from Eleuthria:

What miner are you using, it's SEVERELY broken.  You're submitting 500k+ shares that didn't come from BTC Guild.  Your 500k+ "Other" shares are Unknown Work, meaning you're returning results to work that was never given to you, either because your miner is spitting out corrupted data/unpadded results, or submitting work from a different pool.

It would seem that my miner is having software issues.  The problem is that I have no ability to reset the unit, nor troubleshoot or even look at logs, view the console... nothing.  To make matters worse, THEY WON'T RESPOND TO MY EMAIL'S.  Sorry, that just came out.  My frustration is about ready to pop a vein in my neck.
dhenson, I don't know if you have communicated with phoenix1969, but he did have some good info. in regards to save pool info. and the cgminer config. file.....he had also mentioned something 2 instances of cgminer causing him some problems. Good luck, and keep us posted.
dhenson
Legendary

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 03:36:23 AM

dhenson, I don't know if you have communicated with phoenix1969, but he did have some good info. in regards to save pool info. and the cgminer config. file.....he had also mentioned something 2 instances of cgminer causing him some problems. Good luck, and keep us posted.

I'm hosted.  Unfortunately, nothing Phoenix1969 has done will help me as I don't have the ability to implement it.
gnar1ta$
Donator

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 03:39:41 AM

I'm hosted.  Unfortunately, nothing Phoenix1969 has done will help me as I don't have the ability to implement it.

You can still reboot and update firmware right?  They just don't allow you ssh access?

Losing hundreds of Bitcoins with the best scammers in the business - BFL, Avalon, KNC, HashFast.
Pages: « 1 ... 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 [785] 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: