Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 09:30:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 [783] 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 10:18:18 PM

At this point I'd like to have at least a couple of controller boards.
edit: And BeagleBoards, but I can get those quickly and easily.

Ah ha!  Somehow I came to understand a "controller" board, attached to the BBB, is something other than the main board that the ASIC modules are mounted on.

So, is it a simple matter to remove the KnC stock BBB and add a standard BBB having a 5v barrel connector, a USB port and the RJ45 connector?  I assume one can add to the apt source list and get programs for wifi if one has a mind to.

No it would seem you still have it wrong.  Each miner comes with a BB plus a custom controller designed and built by KNC.  The BB connects to the controller board and the controller board has 4 (6 on some versions) connectors to the individual ASIC boards.

Mercury:   BB ----> Custom Controller -----> 1x ASIC board
Saturn:   BB ----> Custom Controller -----> 2x ASIC board
Jupiter:   BB ----> Custom Controller -----> 4x ASIC board

The BB is black portion mounted upside down in the middle.  The rest is a custom KNC design.  The board brings up a lot of interesting questions.  There are connectors for a second BB on the left.  The square on the right is almost certainly an FPGA although KNC blured the model out (a customer could take an unblurred photo).    Looks like the BB communicates with the FPGA which acts as a data manager for the individual mining boards.

Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
soy
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 10:21:12 PM

KNC are shit hot Engineers (but engineers should not run companies) , there reputation as a company is what people will remember, how they treated their customers is what people will remember.

the 2 principals of KNC are not engineers.  they are businessmen.

which is why i went with HF.  Simon is a brilliant engineer along with his team of at least 4 asic engineers and now more.  i've lost track of the actual number.

Your hijacking this thread to tout hashfast is terrible and you should be ashamed.  That said, but, if you were to suggest to someone who knows nothing about hashfast what the best hashfast miner to put money in RIGHT NOW, what would you suggest?  At what website?  And in the future?

Half-Fast is so shit, that cypherdouche has to troll in a competitors thread.
He's a zero member, not a hero by any stretch.
Meanwhile KnC and their shills are taking the high road in the battle between manufacturers.

While I am not happy that my KnC 1-500 miner is gimpy because of a flamed out board, I still have gear at my disposal.
I am in the minority, but I am proof that KnC makes gear. The parts that work, work like a mofo, for me.
Half-Fast has nothing that makes hashes.
Mierda.

Then, Half-fast pulls a BFL and hires some nobody cocksucker to denegrate anyone that isn't Half-Fast.

If they act like BFL in an internet forum (where there are only ideas floating about), would anyone wager that they will not do the same with people's money?

I can readily understand if someone slaps down a good deal of money on miners after doing research, that the purchase will have imbued loyalty, deserved or otherwise.  It validates the buyer's choice.  Doesn't make him an employee.
soy
Legendary

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 10:23:01 PM

24 hours exactly (Swedish time) until all KNC pre-order units are shipped. What could go wrong?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=309391

They obviously expect to meet the deadline they set, as they haven't given us an updated delivery schedule.

So that's fine, we'll hold them to it.

And shipping a huge quantity of miners covering a swath of order numbers and pay dates will forestall pissing and moaning of a "he got his before me and I paid first" kind.
crumbs

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 10:24:04 PM

Meanwhile, back at the farm:

Dat's 2117 TH/s.
dhenson
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 10:24:53 PM

My hosted miner is exhibiting strange behavior and I'm wondering if anyone has also noticed anything like what I am seeing.

Originally I had setup multiple pools (for backup) in the user interface but could never get the Jupiter to consistently stay connected to one pool, It just would randomly switch to a different pool and start mining.  I've since resorted to only entering one pool address and am only mining at around 420GH.  I had assumed the slow speed was due to hardware errors (which I can't validate as I don't have console or log access).  But now the unit although hashing primarily on my configured pool every once in a while also hashes towards one of the other pool configs that are no longer present. It's almost as if 3 of the 4 modules are hashing towards my configured pool and the 4th is just randomly coming online and hashing to an old config.

Not even sure if that makes sense, just relaying what I'm seeing.

I know I've said this many times, but why the f can't I talk to someone at the data center to troubleshoot this?  I get no response to my emails to support@kncminer.com and when I call the customer service reps can't help.  Sooooo frustrating.
Bargraphics

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do.

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 10:28:59 PM

My hosted miner is exhibiting strange behavior and I'm wondering if anyone has also noticed anything like what I am seeing.

Originally I had setup multiple pools (for backup) in the user interface but could never get the Jupiter to consistently stay connected to one pool, It just would randomly switch to a different pool and start mining.  I've since resorted to only entering one pool address and am only mining at around 420GH.  I had assumed the slow speed was due to hardware errors (which I can't validate as I don't have console or log access).  But now the unit although hashing primarily on my configured pool every once in a while also hashes towards one of the other pool configs that are no longer present. It's almost as if 3 of the 4 modules are hashing towards my configured pool and the 4th is just randomly coming online and hashing to an old config.

Not even sure if that makes sense, just relaying what I'm seeing.

I know I've said this many times, but why the f can't I talk to someone at the data center to troubleshoot this?  I get no response to my emails to support@kncminer.com and when I call the customer service reps can't help.  Sooooo frustrating.

I had this exact issue happen,

I put it back to KnC Pool, left it alone for like 10-15 minutes then put it back on my regular pool and it has worked since.

I have one miner that when I push it to a pool it ramps up hits around 175GH then immediately dies. Watched and tested between various pools over 20 times.

I was told that they are working on the datacenter/hosting today and tomorrow and should resolve these issues along with any miners that are underperforming. Let's hope so Smiley
soy
Legendary

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 10:32:59 PM

KNC are shit hot Engineers (but engineers should not run companies) , there reputation as a company is what people will remember, how they treated their customers is what people will remember.

which is why i went with HF.  Simon is a brilliant engineer along with his team of at least 4 asic engineers and now more.  i've lost track of the actual number.

Your hijacking this thread to tout hashfast is terrible and you should be ashamed.  That said, but, if you were to suggest to someone who knows nothing about hashfast what the best hashfast miner to put money in RIGHT NOW, what would you suggest?  At what website?  And in the future?

Meanwhile KnC and their shills are taking the high road in the battle between manufacturers.

While I am not happy that my KnC 1-500 miner is gimpy because of a flamed out board, I still have gear at my disposal.
I am in the minority, but I am proof that KnC makes gear. The parts that work, work like a mofo, for me.
Mierda.

Then, Half-fast pulls a BFL and hires some nobody cocksucker to denegrate anyone that isn't Half-Fast.

If they act like BFL in an internet forum (where there are only ideas floating about), would anyone wager that they will not do the same with people's money?

So, referring to that company by name isn't akin to Shakespearean actors speaking the name of that work set in Scotland?
soy
Legendary

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 10:38:20 PM

At this point I'd like to have at least a couple of controller boards.
edit: And BeagleBoards, but I can get those quickly and easily.

Ah ha!  Somehow I came to understand a "controller" board, attached to the BBB, is something other than the main board that the ASIC modules are mounted on.

So, is it a simple matter to remove the KnC stock BBB and add a standard BBB having a 5v barrel connector, a USB port and the RJ45 connector?  I assume one can add to the apt source list and get programs for wifi if one has a mind to.

No it would seem you still have it wrong.  Each miner comes with a BB plus a custom controller designed and built by KNC.  The BB connects to the controller board and the controller board has 4 (6 on some versions) connectors to the individual ASIC boards.

Mercury:   BB ----> Custom Controller -----> 1x ASIC board
Saturn:   BB ----> Custom Controller -----> 2x ASIC board
Jupiter:   BB ----> Custom Controller -----> 4x ASIC board

The BB is black portion mounted upside down in the middle.  The rest is a custom KNC design.  The board brings up a lot of interesting questions.  There are connectors for a second BB on the left.  The square on the right is almost certainly an FPGA although KNC blured the model out (a customer could take an unblurred photo).    Looks like the BB communicates with the FPGA which acts as a data manager for the individual mining boards.

So, unplugging the BBB and swapping it out for a stock BBB, then running a USB cord out of the box with a USB wifi tethered might be possible.
tolip_wen

Activity: 386
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 10:39:38 PM

So, the controller board won't mount on another BBB, one yet having a USB port, say for wifi?

That wasn't the issue.  

A Jupiter consists of:
1 case (easily replaced or exchanged)
1 BB (bought off the shelf)
1 custom controller board (can only be obtained from KNC or reverse engineered)
4 ASIC boards, data cables, power cables, and heatsinks (easily split into 2 smaller units)

To split a 4 board system into 2x two board systems would require 2 custom controller boards.  Getting an extra BB off the shelf is easy to do but it isn't going to do much unless you happen to have another customer controller board lying around.  If KNC had a "spare parts" website where one could buy an extra controller board then it would be very easy to reconfigure the design into multiple systems.

The mainboard does have what looks to me like a location to mount an additional BBB.
https://www.kncminer.com/news/news-39

This was discussed 100-300 pages ago. Idetic? Tongue

The videos of the boards being manufactured shows 2 cutouts for the RJ45 connector.
One is visible in the pic and one is hidden under the BBB.

You will obviously need to use a modified Angstrom, possibly different from BBB #1 Angstrom.
You probably need to reprogram the FPGA to work with 2 BBB.

You will definately void your warranty if you try.
You could easily BRICK your whole miner.

YMMV
Have fun! Smiley

'twisted research and opinion' donations happily accepted @
13362fxFAdrhagmCvSmFy4WoHrNRPG2V57
My sub 1337 vanity address Wink
Xialla
Legendary

Activity: 1036

/dev/null

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 10:39:49 PM

KnC originally promised Jupiter at 250Gh/s for $7k.

sure, 7k without VAT and delivery during end of summer.)

Actually Xialla it was 250Gh/s delivered in 'early Autumn';

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=187428.0

Google states the following;

The astronomical fall (Northern Hemisphere) 2013 began on;

Sunday, September 22

and ends on;

Friday, December 20

...to allow the purchase of our first set of ASIC miners. They are in the early stages of development now and will be ready in the summer of 2013 (yes in just a few months)

Actually Bitcoinorama it was in 'in the summer';

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=170332.0

and really don't care about your searching skills with google. just read OP.
erschiessen

Activity: 322

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 10:45:30 PM

Mierda.

I can readily understand if someone slaps down a good deal of money on miners after doing research, that the purchase will have imbued loyalty, deserved or otherwise.  It validates the buyer's choice.  Doesn't make him an employee.
Cypherdouche started a thread "Half-Fast Endorsement" - it resides 6 pages back - and in one of the very first posts in that thread, cypherdouche admits that he is acting as a mercenary, endorsing Half-Fast only because he is getting paid.
He stated that he wouldn't have endorsed them without compensation.
Cypherdouche then comes to this thread, pretending to be a network protector hero concern troll.
In fact, he acts more like a predator... trying to take out a perceived weak KnC and hoping to lure bitcoin kiddies into his white Half-Fast van.

He is just another wannabe Inaba, except with no gear at all to show for the douche-nicity.

Your Message Here
12KHW3i2Hamk1irY8b181N4vMXUnVYL1ah
faetos

Activity: 744
Merit: 514

gotta let a coin be a coin

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 10:47:19 PM

This thread is really unhealthy. It's time to put a stake in it and kill it for good.
soy
Legendary

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 10:50:55 PM

Mierda.

Cypherdouche started a thread "Half-Fast Endorsement" - it resides 6 pages back - and in one of the very first posts in that thread, cypherdouche admits that he is acting as a mercenary, endorsing Half-Fast only because he is getting paid.
Cypherdouche then comes to this thread, pretending to be a network protector hero concern troll.
In fact, he acts more like a predator... trying to take out a perceived weak KnC and hoping to lure bitcoin kiddies into his white Half-Fast van.

He is just another wannabe Inaba, except with no gear at all to show for the douche-nicity.

ok
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 10:57:36 PM

Mierda.

dude, you have anger issues.

you're going to blow an aneurysm if you're not careful.
dhenson
Legendary

Activity: 994

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 10:58:05 PM

It looks like I may have spoken too soon.  It has now stopped sending shares completely... 2 min offline but the portal says running.

It's almost as if it just switched back to the KNC pool on it's own (remembering the previous settings and resetting to them), without being able to see the pool hashing I can't tell for sure.
Bargraphics

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do.

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 11:01:51 PM

It looks like I may have spoken too soon.  It has now stopped sending shares completely... 2 min offline but the portal says running.

It's almost as if it just switched back to the KNC pool on it's own (remembering the previous settings and resetting to them), without being able to see the pool hashing I can't tell for sure.

That's exactly what was happening, it goes back to the previous pool.

I'd say just keep trying and hope it holds.

You can try putting in your backup pool now, when it fails/kicksover again it should go to your main pool. Tricking it Tongue.

Rest assured that I reported this issue as well so KnC is aware of it. Keep us posted if you fix it Smiley
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938

LIR DEV

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 11:18:17 PM

They removed the usb from the bbb because it doesnt work with the miner.... good luck

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
danhu

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2013, 11:25:17 PM

http://s16.postimg.org/82dgs45lx/Capture.jpg

Dat's 2117 TH/s.

it will hit 3PH soon
rolling

Activity: 824
Merit: 712

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 11:27:28 PM

Dat's 2117 TH/s.

it will hit 3PH soon

That's scary because KNC hasn't delivered anything new.  Who put up all that hashing power today?
Mogumodz

Activity: 290

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 11:27:58 PM

Dat's 2117 TH/s.

it will hit 3PH soon

That's scary because KNC hasn't delivered.  Who put up all that hashing power today?

It was meeeeeeeeeeeee!

*I wish*

Bitcoin OTC rating GPG ID: 3E7974A1 P2Pool statistics: p2pool.info
Pages: « 1 ... 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 [783] 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: