Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 11:14:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 [784] 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
soy
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 11:29:07 PM

They removed the usb from the bbb because it doesnt work with the miner.... good luck

Thanks.  I ordered a BBB earlier tonight.  Am unfamiliar with the flavor linux.  If nothing else I can shut down one of my laptops presently running bfgminer and stratum-proxy.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
soy
Legendary

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 11:32:17 PM

Meanwhile, back at the farm:

Dat's 2117 TH/s.

it will hit 3PH soon

That's scary because KNC hasn't delivered anything new in a week.  Who put up all that hashing power today?

If KnC does do a relatively large shipment on a single day we should see it reflected in network hashrate as an unusual blip.  Might be usable to distinguish the effect of KnC additions from others. 
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 11:34:40 PM

solo mining is way off topic here

And THAT somehow matters to you all of a sudden?

LMAO let he who is without off-topic FUD throw the first stone.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thiTa8wfZsc

Who cares if it's off topic FUD, I'm throwing cannonballs!

(sorry, couldn't resist. Or at least didn't.)
uski

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 11:35:53 PM

They removed the usb from the bbb because it doesnt work with the miner.... good luck

I really wonder :
- WHY they removed it
- WHAT they precisely removed from the BBB PCB

Removing a connector, or having a special run of BBB without the connector, adds complexity to the process.
If KnC did that, they must have a really serious reason.
Or maybe there was a shortage of USB connectors, but I don't believe this.

If they removed only the connector, AND there was no reason to remove it (unlikely), then it should be easy to add a connector and plug a USB device.
If anyone feels brave enough to do it, let us know how it turns out Smiley

Same for the mini HDMI connector, it looks like it's been removed : it would be nice to connect a small LCD screen to show cgminer.
It might require some small changes to the firmware so that the "screen" process running cgminer outputs to the framebuffer, but that can be done.

I'd love to work on all this, but I need to get my miner first.
rolling

Activity: 824
Merit: 712

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 11:36:40 PM

Dat's 2117 TH/s.

it will hit 3PH soon

That's scary because KNC hasn't delivered anything new in a week.  Who put up all that hashing power today?

If KnC does do a relatively large shipment on a single day we should see it reflected in network hashrate as an unusual blip.  Might be usable to distinguish the effect of KnC additions from others. 

There has been a ~200 TH/s increase in the last 24-36 hours.  Wonder if KNC is mining with our miners to pay the compensation they promised to the hosted units. Still waiting on a tracking number for my Day 2 here.

Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 11:46:54 PM

KnC CHOSE ad nauseum

And every one of their customers CHOSE to buy into an unproven company in an unproven market. Do you cry to Best Buy when you bleed from buying a Cutting Edge 4k TV and there's no content widely available? Probably so, nm.

Depends: Did it get delivered on time so that I could have used my 4k receiver and my PS with it? (Which I bought extra for it?)

Probably on whether you bought it from Sony or a company who 6 months ago did not exist. For starters.
If no one buys from companies younger than 6 months there would be no economy. Nowhere. Your argument is invalid, I am sorry. Also, for future reference: Ad NauseAm .

Well I didn't expect it to be you to take the spelling bait, but whatever.
There are plenty of large companies who do absolutely 0 business in their first year, so by definition if my argument is invalid so is yours. But that seems to be what this thread is all about now, so I'm sure you pine in with some BS opinions about general economics and other crap. Dejected sigh.

I'd have to say you both have valid points. MHS, you are right in your assessment, and Mota, your observation. Problem is you're arguing two seperate issues and conflating them.

If nobody will take a risk on a new product, then there will be no new product. If nobody will take a risk on a new company, there will be government intervention on behalf of the bankers no new companies.

Either way, you assume some risk, and sometimes it bites you.

Granted, I have no skin in this game, just a lot of interest. But for whatever it may be worth, I expected their rollout to be far worse. And this is the horse I would have backed.

I think they should hire a serious PR staff, and like those "large" companies, keep the engineers AWAY from microphones, forums, etc. Engineers build shit. Most of them can't sell shit unless the market is on fire, and they tend to overestimate their abilities. No, I'm not saying they lie, I'm saying that they get enthused and fail to account for Mr. Murphy or Feed Justin Case. Justin's a good guy when he ain't hungry, and Murphy is the devil's nightmare. There is good reason why most managers are NOT tech people. They are able to abstract themselves from the project and see the wide world a bit clearer. KnC needs some of those people. I think their development team is nothing short of spectacular, but they have operated their business like rank amateurs. They are clearly very smart people. I hope they learn from this and fix the glaring errors going forward. I suspect they will.

Also, never forget that the established companies screw the pooch too. Anybody remember the IBM PS/2?
erschiessen

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 11:48:06 PM

I notice you didn't try to deny my accusations.

Ciao, baby!

Your Message Here
12KHW3i2Hamk1irY8b181N4vMXUnVYL1ah
erschiessen

Activity: 322

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 11:52:41 PM

Dat's 2117 TH/s.

it will hit 3PH soon

There has been a ~200 TH/s increase in the last 24-36 hours.  Wonder if KNC is mining with our miners to pay the compensation they promised to the hosted units. Still waiting on a tracking number for my Day 2 here.

I received no tracking number. I returned from a trip to find my status changed to "shipped".
No tracking #, just my knc order # as reference.
I was off line for a long weekend, so I don't exactly know when it was shipped, but I received my gear on Monday a week ago.

I think that if it says shipped, keep your eyes open for the big brown truck.

Your Message Here
12KHW3i2Hamk1irY8b181N4vMXUnVYL1ah
tolip_wen

Activity: 386

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 11:57:07 PM

I really wonder :
- WHY they removed it

Removing a connector, or having a special run of BBB without the connector, adds complexity to the process.

If they removed only the connector, AND there was no reason to remove it (unlikely), then it should be easy to add a connector and plug a USB device.

Same for the mini HDMI connector, it looks like it's been removed : it would be nice to connect a small LCD screen to show cgminer.
It might require some small changes to the firmware so that the "screen" process running cgminer outputs to the framebuffer, but that can be done.

If I remember correctly the stated reason was to prevent power conflict from a powered USB device.
(I thought the Usb cable spec provides protection?)

Sadly there is a USB LCD screen that already works with cgminer.

hw
http://coldtearselectronics.wikispaces.com/USB+LCD+-+LCD+System+info
sw
https://github.com/cardcomm/cgminerLCDStats

'twisted research and opinion' donations happily accepted @
13362fxFAdrhagmCvSmFy4WoHrNRPG2V57
My sub 1337 vanity address Wink
rolling

Activity: 824
Merit: 712

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 11:58:44 PM

Dat's 2117 TH/s.

it will hit 3PH soon

I received no tracking number. I returned from a trip to find my status changed to "shipped".
No tracking #, just my knc order # as reference.
I was off line for a long weekend, so I don't exactly know when it was shipped, but I received my gear on Monday a week ago.

I think that if it says shipped, keep your eyes open for the big brown truck.

Nope, still "In progress (Payed)" since last Sunday.
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 12:02:42 AM

I notice you didn't try to deny my accusations.

Ciao, baby!

I didn't consider you worth responding to quite frankly but since you insist.

No one does a formal endorsement for anybody unless they get paid and I'm no exception. The key thing though is that whole arrangement occurred days after I plunked down a check for 4TH.
Mota
Legendary

Activity: 804

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 12:05:23 AM

I'd have to say you both have valid points. MHS, you are right in your assessment, and Mota, your observation. Problem is you're arguing two seperate issues and conflating them.

If nobody will take a risk on a new product, then there will be no new product. If nobody will take a risk on a new company, there will be government intervention on behalf of the bankers no new companies.

Granted, I have no skin in this game, just a lot of interest. But for whatever it may be worth, I expected their rollout to be far worse. And this is the horse I would have backed.

I think they should hire a serious PR staff, and like those "large" companies, keep the engineers AWAY from microphones, forums, etc. Engineers build shit. Most of them can't sell shit unless the market is on fire, and they tend to overestimate their abilities. No, I'm not saying they lie, I'm saying that they get enthused and fail to account for Mr. Murphy or Feed Justin Case. Justin's a good guy when he ain't hungry, and Murphy is the devil's nightmare. There is good reason why most managers are NOT tech people. They are able to abstract themselves from the project and see the wide world a bit clearer. KnC needs some of those people. I think their development team is nothing short of spectacular, but they have operated their business like rank amateurs. They are clearly very smart people. I hope they learn from this and fix the glaring errors going forward. I suspect they will.

Also, never forget that the established companies screw the pooch too. Anybody remember the IBM PS/2?
Wow, if you read that just now you have a lot of catching up to do! Cheesy
Kuroth

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2013, 12:06:24 AM

All not well in KNC paradise???   Just checking in as it gives me the shits and giggles..

I will now declare this a       "E  P  I  C     F  A  I  L"         Cheesy

soy
Legendary

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 12:08:30 AM

I really wonder :
- WHY they removed it

And a fully capable BBB having shortfalls with a Jupiter doesn't absolutely mean it can't work with a Mercury.
Mota
Legendary

Activity: 804

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 12:08:50 AM

Why? Not even I consider this an Epic Fail, and I don't have my day 2 order.
They did an outstanding job on everything except the delivery. No one could have foreseen the PSU issues, and they did roll out 5 firmware updates in not even 2 weeks. As far as I am concerned that is the opposite of an Epic Fail.  
soy
Legendary

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 12:10:48 AM

I really wonder :
- WHY they removed it

If I remember correctly the stated reason was to prevent power conflict from a powered USB device.
(I thought the Usb cable spec provides protection?)

Sadly there is a USB LCD screen that already works with cgminer.

hw
http://coldtearselectronics.wikispaces.com/USB+LCD+-+LCD+System+info
sw
https://github.com/cardcomm/cgminerLCDStats

"power conflict from a powered USB device "  Like a non-powered USB hub sporting 3 USB BEs.
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

LIR DEV

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 12:13:27 AM

ug, Switching to Eligus.. an extra 5% from merged Namecoin mining, and no pool fees, so at least 7% over slush... and they pay out transaction fees to the miners...I have no idea how much that is, but that makes it OVER 7% better pay over slush. I'm there!

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 12:14:18 AM

Wow, if you read that just now you have a lot of catching up to do! Cheesy
Tongue

This thread gets a new novella added from the time I go to work to the time I get home every day.

Hell,it's at least entertaining.
sbfree

Activity: 336

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 12:16:01 AM

KnC originally promised Jupiter at 250Gh/s for $7k.

sure, 7k without VAT and delivery during end of summer.)

Actually Xialla it was 250Gh/s delivered in 'early Autumn';

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=187428.0

Google states the following;

The astronomical fall (Northern Hemisphere) 2013 began on;

Sunday, September 22

and ends on;

Friday, December 20

Cypherdoc my stance always has been that I would like to work for them if they can really live upto their claims. They have and they asked me to come to Stockholm the weekend prior to the ASICs being received by hand courier to watch a very tense and stressful engineering feat and document it to the community, placing their necks firmly on the chopping board for all to see, warts and all, and let me document it. I haven't signed any contract yet, I haven't been paid yet, I haven't even received my own order yet.

They have never lied about performance specs or their intention to deliver on time.

People who live in glass houses, shouldn't throw stones...

no orama...see the very first post of knc.... Summer 2013 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=170332.msg1771040#msg1771040

One of the deciding factors, after having done my due diligence and approximate calculations, was the part of the statement that said they (mining rigs) will be ready "by the summer of 2013".

This statement clearly avoids mentioning END of summer, and definitely does not say AFTER summer. Although I did not factor in an increase in hashing power, which clearly KNC SEEMS to be providing (as I have yet to receive my June 18th order), I did factor in an END OF SUMMER delivery in my calculations as part of my due diligence, as was quite happy with my figures and reasoning for purchasing a KNC Saturn.

Then of course we had KNC state a few promises of miner/network protection and their every famous "under promise, over deliver" statement, and the decision to purchase the Saturn was solidified. So, if KNC can figure out where it fell short for some/most of its customers, and if it can figure out how to stay true to their company motto, then ALL (KNC and customers) will come out of this endeavor satisfied.
WastedLTC

Activity: 776
Merit: 536

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 12:19:20 AM

All not well in KNC paradise???   Just checking in as it gives me the shits and giggles..

I will now declare this a       "E  P  I  C     F  A  I  L"         Cheesy

The % of unhappy customers are in the single percentages...   and each day that gets smaller as they fix issues & ship units.
Pages: « 1 ... 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 [784] 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: