Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 02:57:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 [973] 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049463 times)
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

LIR DEV

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 03:56:40 AM

I'm quite happy with the products I got from KNC, and Quite happy they weren't later than a couple lousy weeks...
In the 2 weeks I've had my machines running, they have made back more than 1/3rd my origonal
$3897.60 x 3(saturns+shipping) = $11,692.80
I've earned 22 BTC x XBT(198) = $4,356.00
which is over 37% of the original purchase price, including shipping.
(not to mention the 63 Namecoin I also earned)
I have no doubt they will reach ROI, and beyond...
Thank-You  KNC

Now calculate how much fiat/BTC you would have if you would have simply purchased bitcoins directly instead of pre-ordering a miner that creates bitcoins very slowly.
That's not mining, that's called speculation investing.
although its similar in nature, because your gold is only worth what people will pay fir it...yeah..
Sure, BTC could have easily been ten bucks...
But facts are facts, and hindsight won't get you anywhere.
Do you think people who bought BFL products are turning their machines off?
Why?
BTC speculation, sure.
okay, now the question becomes .... btc generated * price sold for.. so I can see your point... this is a viscous circle...hehe

I guess my point is nobody's likely to loose out on their KNC investment.

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dwdoc
Legendary

Activity: 966

- - -Caveat Aleo- - -

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 05:12:13 AM

responsibility of KNC was in taking unlimited amount from orders.

only limited amount of boxes during preorder is the way, how deliver positive ROI to investors.

When I purchased from them I don't remember them saying they were going to limit their sales to protect my ROI. What other company is doing that?

I don't want to join in this argument but to be honest, they kind of did... Wink
https://www.kncminer.com/news/news-24

"We are also aware that we need our customers to have a return on their devices in order to purchase form us again. With the scale of the supply chains, agreements and factories we have access to, we need to be cautious we don’t ship too many devices and therefore reduce the return to our customers."

But then they put this caveat in at the end:

We would like to state that If any of our competitors continues to add large amounts of hashing power to the network during December, January or February. We will continue to release our devices as competitively priced as we can to protect our customers share of the network.

Seeing as "large" is a relative term, it means whatever KnC want it to mean; therefore the whole statement is meaningless. Releasing more devices might protect their customers total share of the network, but individual customers don't care about that of course, they only care about their own personal share of the network. Individual KnC customers are competing for a share of the network with other KnC customers as much as they are with miners using devices from other manufacturers.

The whole statement is spin designed to make them look like nice guys while they go ahead and maximize their profit, which is what you should expect them to do anyway.

Exactly correct.  Also that "network protection" statement was made on 7/18/13 (6 weeks after they started taking orders) so all the people with units in hand knew nothing about that.
arousedrhino

Activity: 347
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 05:43:15 AM

I'm quite happy with the products I got from KNC, and Quite happy they weren't later than a couple lousy weeks...
In the 2 weeks I've had my machines running, they have made back more than 1/3rd my origonal
$3897.60 x 3(saturns+shipping) = $11,692.80
which is over 37% of the original purchase price, including shipping.
Thank-You  KNC

Now calculate how much fiat/BTC you would have if you would have simply purchased bitcoins directly instead of pre-ordering a miner that creates bitcoins very slowly.

Now tell me how to purchase 8K in BTC with a credit card? Any idea's?

Buying a miner with a credit card is a lot easier and more fun than just buying BTC. You might not make as much money as if you just bought BTC but who cares its an easy fun way to get BTC and support the network.
AussieHash

Activity: 692
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 06:31:25 AM

Buying a miner with a credit card is a lot easier and more fun than just buying BTC. You might not make as much money as if you just bought BTC but who cares its an easy fun way to get BTC and support the network.

Actually it is not difficult at all, despite the recent internal WU presentation in reddit

https://localbitcoins.com/buy-bitcoins-online/western-union/

You can buy $5000/day using money in minutes with your credit card
rampalija

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 06:43:25 AM

Actually it is not difficult at all, despite the recent internal WU presentation in reddit

support the network?!?! HAh thetre is no supporting there is only stealing a peace of pie of other ppl who mine BTC.

JoelKatz
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012

Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2013, 06:54:49 AM

Exactly correct.  Also that "network protection" statement was made on 7/18/13 (6 weeks after they started taking orders) so all the people with units in hand knew nothing about that.
No, that's not how it works. The network protection statement affected everyone's assessment of the value of their pre-orders and other people's pre-orders and it affected people's decision to buy them, sell them, request refunds, and so on. There may be people who have units in their hands today who made the decision to buy other people's pre-orders because of the network protection statement. Once you do something that change something's value, other people act based on that.

Everyone with a miner in hand made decisions knowing of the existence of that statement.

(This is a general principle. In this specific case, the network protection statement was weak and basically meaningless. I'm just pointing out that the timing argument is bogus.)

I am an employee of Ripple. Follow me on Twitter @JoelKatz
1Joe1Katzci1rFcsr9HH7SLuHVnDy2aihZ BM-NBM3FRExVJSJJamV9ccgyWvQfratUHgN
rampalija

Activity: 154

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 07:09:53 AM

No, that's not how it works. The network protection statement affected everyone's assessment of the value of their pre-orders and other people's pre-orders and it affected people's decision to buy them, sell them, request refunds, and so on. There may be people who have units in their hands today who made the decision to buy other people's pre-orders because of the network protection statement. Once you do something that change something's value, other people act based on that.

Everyone with a miner in hand made decisions knowing of the existence of that statement.

(This is a general principle. In this specific case, the network protection statement was weak and basically meaningless. I'm just pointing out that the timing argument is bogus.)

nice explanation!  Smiley

arousedrhino

Activity: 347

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 07:13:34 AM

support the network?!?! HAh thetre is no supporting there is only stealing a peace of pie of other ppl who mine BTC.

Thats the point, to distribute the networks as much as possible therefore you get a smaller share. Are you serious or just trolling? Can't tell.
waterboi92

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 07:46:07 AM

any jupiter owners running .98 notice that the hashrate is highest when you do a poweroff cycle and reboot, it will hit 565-575gh/s at the pool and then after running for a while the pool listed hash rate will get progressively lower, i dip at 490gh/s

any idea why this is?

This is exactly what happens to mine, maybe even lower, 470, 460... no idea why  Huh
did you ever try 70-75C? after enablecores, on 0.98?

24 hours later.. my 3 sats are 850 at the pool on 12 hour average!
that's 283 each, which is exactly what they show on cgminer!

what are your temp readings? how are your fans/case set up? im thinking of following you, doing enable core, and rebooting and then putting case on upside down to raise the temps a bit and see if i still get a down slide in hashes over time with higher temps.

if i've helped you, donations welcome: 1BwGnrqSjbfJ39mTNrvb257eUSuUP7Pfxh
edgar
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 07:46:45 AM

+Yea!

Also, My HR lowers at night, when the chips are around 10C cooler.
Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 07:58:10 AM
Last edit: November 02, 2013, 08:51:13 AM by Phoenix1969

any jupiter owners running .98 notice that the hashrate is highest when you do a poweroff cycle and reboot, it will hit 565-575gh/s at the pool and then after running for a while the pool listed hash rate will get progressively lower, i dip at 490gh/s

any idea why this is?

This is exactly what happens to mine, maybe even lower, 470, 460... no idea why  Huh
did you ever try 70-75C? after enablecores, on 0.98?

24 hours later.. my 3 sats are 850 at the pool on 12 hour average!
that's 283 each, which is exactly what they show on cgminer!

what are your temp readings? how are your fans/case set up? im thinking of following you, doing enable core, and rebooting and then putting case on upside down to raise the temps a bit and see if i still get a down slide in hashes over time with higher temps.

at the moment, all 6 boards(3 sats) are between 69-73C, no case fans whatsoever, heatsink fans only. cases off, stacked, with cardboard partially blocking the fans airflow into the heatsink, like this...

All running 0.98 with enablecores over top
this is for night-time basically, because it gets downright chilly in here.
During the day, I can remove the cardboard, and they stay around 70
Ive tried several times to leave them off... but if they drop below those
temps by more than about 5 degrees, I see a drop in my rates, and can
see one one miner loose about 6 cores, and another loose two...
then they take forever to come back, like 6-8 hours!
I have one miner that is super-rock solid, one a tad finicky,
and one super-sensitive finicky, don't breathe near me kind
Also, It may just be my imagination, but they seem to work better
while its raining outside(high humidity)

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
uininPeter

Activity: 141

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 08:03:50 AM

No. With increased difficulty, when BFL products are not profitable anymore, these still can be used as room heaters for those who need it

FUKT

Activity: 446

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 08:26:11 AM

$3897.60 x 3(saturns) = $11,692.80
which is over 37% of the original purchase price, plus shipping.
Thank-You  KNC

Are you also selling your BTC for fiat? If not, to get a completely honest answer you should be doing your calcs in what you would have paid in BTC when you ordered. BTC has appreciated significantly against the USD since you would have ordered.
I paid in Fiat, so that's as "honest" as it gets...
I even used the xbt price, when I can still sell @ Gox!
So, stick that in your pipe, and smoke it!   Grin  Grin  Grin
I actually plan on holding my BTC for $2,000.00/btc   hehe
But yeah... I see what you're gettin' at...

Just another parasite in it for the profit.
Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 08:29:19 AM

Thank-You  KNC

Are you also selling your BTC for fiat? If not, to get a completely honest answer you should be doing your calcs in what you would have paid in BTC when you ordered. BTC has appreciated significantly against the USD since you would have ordered.

Oh, so you just spend thousands for fun, or just to chip in...
gimme a break....  Tongue

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 09:15:11 AM

at the moment, all 6 boards(3 sats) are between 69-73C, no case fans whatsoever, heatsink fans only. cases off, stacked, with cardboard partially blocking the fans airflow into the heatsink, like this...

I have to say thats pretty hilarious and intriguing. WHile everyone is trying their damnest to keep miners cool, KnC owners are disabling and blocking fans.
This thread is too long to keep up with, so sorry if this has been asked or answered before, but 3 questions spring to mind

1) has anyone tried testing if its the asic or the VRMs that cause it run better at higher temps? See, I might understand it if its the VRMs, I dont understand it if its the asic.
2) has anyone figured out a way to read clockspeeds, and if so, does the warmer asic run at higher clockspeeds?
3) has KnC commented on this weird phenomena?
opentoe
Legendary

Activity: 1274

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2013, 09:35:10 AM

I spoke to soon. My fathers Saturn, which has been running great since we got it displays this on the cgminer output screen sometimes.

013-11-02 09:28:09] KnC: core 0-34 was disabled due to 10 HW errors in a row
 [2013-11-02 09:28:14] KnC: core 4-166 was disabled due to 10 HW errors in a row

Is there a particular cause of this and is it something that can be fixed? I have ran enabledallcores and using .98 firmware. Just sub-standard hardware?

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 10:48:15 AM

No. With increased difficulty, when BFL products are not profitable anymore, these still can be used as room heaters for those who need it

I was "forced" to upgrade to their next product monarchs.ie or my current stuff is "bricks" but the jally I did keep I got on Halloween and it will make more in PPcoin then BTC according to www.dustcoin.com or so it was a few days ago

the best plan I can see for making money on BTC is to "announce a product" get the money..and don't ship it till way way late if ever....BFL has more money then god and no operating expenses due to never buying parts in mass or shipping products......brilliant in an evil genius type of way

so yeah I'll mine the jally on something at 35watts...I can speculate in imaginary gains on alt coins for a long long time (denial its a bitch)

and I had my KNC Jupiter shipped on oct 15th got it oct 18th and just to be contrary...I DON'T expect to make ROI with the other stuff coming out from cointerra etc

main reason is BFL has at least as much stuff to ship still outstanding from what they have shipped before April onward from the bitcoin boom in april..imho they have as much or more....so that with KNC's 2nd batch is pretty much gonna drive a spike thru the heart of mining by Jan imho

so mentally I'm treating this as a bobsled run ..the speed was nice..and I made good time but the crash is going to be spectacular....ie....anyone asks its a "hobby" ....not a business (i'll LIE....denial .after BFL all I have left....don't ya know)

but NO new mining equip for me....not till next summer the way it looks like equip wise imho if ever...and if BTC was to crash to 1/2 of todays value...well....I'm not gonna think about that will scare my little self....

my 2c worth
Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
dacman61

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 11:52:08 AM

Thank-You  KNC

Damn straight I'm in it for profit! Why should I waste my time and energy making sure these two Jupiter's I have are running in tip top shape so I can get the most in my return. I've mined a good bit of BTC since Oct 8th and 11th when I received my two miners and I'm more than halfway to ROI. Why do anything in life if you get some sort of satisfaction or pleasure in doing something? Building wealth is one thing that brings me these things... Also added stress with the high volatility and risk in the BTC ecosystem.
jelin1984
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 11:53:14 AM

what exactly do and is these safe the unofficial version
Huh?
CTPA

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 12:01:04 PM

I know that KNC team is working hard to deliver the best product, but confronting the facts, I must say I am a little disappointed.

The Jupiter miner I received was running at 280 Ghash/s on firmware v0.95. That became a 0 Ghash/s miner after upgrading firmware to 0.97... Firmware revision v0.98 brought my miner back to life, but I now have poor performance.

Back in late september when I was considering asking for a refund, I was lead to think that I was going to receive on the 15th of October a 550Ghash/s miner with less than 1W/(Ghash/s) electric consumption.

What I got on the 29th of October was a 400 ghash/s Jupiter, consuming 535 Watts (1.35W/(Gh/s)).

I have ~15BTC of lost income due to late delivery and since delivery 25% lost of income per day (@todays diff~0.18BTC) due to lack of performance
And with this you add bad life time due to poor efficiency (Ghash/J).... lets say I too am a little screwed up.

I emailed them on those matter, and even if they are kindly looking on my technical problems, they choose not to answer or missed the real issue...
Pages: « 1 ... 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 [973] 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: