Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:30:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 1736 1737 1738 1739 1740 1741 1742 1743 1744 1745 1746 1747 1748 1749 1750 1751 1752 1753 1754 1755 1756 1757 1758 1759 1760 1761 1762 1763 1764 1765 1766 1767 1768 1769 1770 1771 1772 1773 1774 1775 1776 1777 1778 1779 1780 1781 1782 1783 1784 1785 [1786] 1787 1788 1789 1790 1791 1792 1793 1794 1795 1796 1797 1798 1799 1800 1801 1802 1803 1804 1805 1806 1807 1808 1809 1810 1811 1812 1813 1814 1815 1816 1817 1818 1819 1820 1821 1822 1823 1824 1825 1826 1827 1828 1829 1830 1831 1832 1833 1834 1835 1836 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
Ski72

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Kinex - The New Frontier

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 06:03:58 PM

Probably more rigorous DIY is needed by replacing the whole metal-plate (and fasten the Tower in a different way).

I would probably go back to the old mounting method for the heatsink plus separate VRM heatsinks, I suspect that will provide a better setup since you can get better contact with the individual VRM heatsinks.

Yes that is the idea... and some additional Fan's as well.

if you're serious about mounting the radiator the old way (turn the radiator 90o, using the long bar/plate) and mounted using the two holes (the one to the right of the 10 pin and the other on the opposite side of the ASIC) - depending on which radiator they used as well, I've got the hardware to do it..

I still have some of the plates, etc. to put it all together (similar to what I put together for the "Super Jup").
  I'm also working on a base/mount that you can put all the boards on (similar to the Jupiter)

Any design ideas are very welcome!

Please help support our disabled veterans - support the *DAV*
1P8CuGjdAbnxRQxyHqwxrEq8iTyD5UgAyi
As a 100% service connected disabled Navy Veteran, every bit helps! Wink
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

LIR DEV

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 06:07:19 PM

Probably more rigorous DIY is needed by replacing the whole metal-plate (and fasten the Tower in a different way).

I would probably go back to the old mounting method for the heatsink plus separate VRM heatsinks, I suspect that will provide a better setup since you can get better contact with the individual VRM heatsinks.

if you're serious about mounting the radiator the old way (turn the radiator 90o, using the long bar/plate) and mounted using the two holes (the one to the right of the 10 pin and the other on the opposite side of the ASIC) - depending on which radiator they used as well, I've got the hardware to do it..

I still have some of the plates, etc. to put it all together (similar to what I put together for the "Super Jup").
  I'm also working on a base/mount that you can put all the boards on (similar to the Jupiter)

The frankenJupiter ty-wrap method....
should be fine if your not shipping it....

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
Winsome

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 06:20:27 PM

I'm interested, I saw your work for the "Super Jup" and it was impressive! Are you thinking of something where we remove the Neptunes from their cubes and mount them on your base, plus associated plates and pieces? Or, are you going even further and thinking of a rackmount unit of some kind  Shocked
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2014, 06:47:58 PM

I doubled up all my pcie connectors by cutting and adding a molex or sata

proclivity

Activity: 67

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 06:58:07 PM

i also fell for the hash while you wait "order conversion," but contacted KNC and they have put me back on the 2-for-1 Neptune list.

Now just waiting for shipment.. I'm a batch 0 customer and order still shows paid.

For tips only - 12QT6zPJM5kQ5piZfn7tyFfcJrbgvSnMLn
Ski72

Activity: 84

Kinex - The New Frontier

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 06:58:47 PM

I'm interested, I saw your work for the "Super Jup" and it was impressive! Are you thinking of something where we remove the Neptunes from their cubes and mount them on your base, plus associated plates and pieces? Or, are you going even further and thinking of a rackmount unit of some kind  Shocked

I was thinking along the lines of a base with the boards mounted (5) five abreast, mounted using risers at the corners (10mm - 20mm) to keep the boards higher up to allow airflow underneath.  As well, utilizing the plate and spacers (if an Arctic radiator), to get that brick off the VRMs.

Just a thought ...

Please help support our disabled veterans - support the *DAV*
1P8CuGjdAbnxRQxyHqwxrEq8iTyD5UgAyi
As a 100% service connected disabled Navy Veteran, every bit helps! Wink
Airwhale

Activity: 221
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 07:05:09 PM
Last edit: June 23, 2014, 09:21:37 PM by Airwhale

In my experience with KNC's 28nm hardware,  the primary thing stopping overclocking/better performance, was heat management.  The best solution was to make sure the underside of the board is cooled as well... even just placing a high speed fan on the bottom of the boards worked wonders.  I suspect that the neptune will be harder to overclock (the female pci-e connector and VRM's seem pushed hard on normal clock speeds, for one),  but having some sort of mounting solution to better cool the top and bottom of the board might be a good place to start. You could do this by having the metal sheet that you mount it raised slightly, and place vents underneath the boards (or cut little asic sized holes) to give room for some high powered fans on the bottom.  An even better idea might be to mount the boards upside down,  and give a place to mount fans on the top of the sheet, with holes in the sheet to allow air to go through.

If one were watercooling these boards,  I suspect that mounting them on their side might work really well also.  That way you could put, say,  a nepton 280L on the top side of the board,  and have a high powered air cooling solution on the other side/both sides to keep the VRM's and that PCI-e port cool.

Just some thoughts...
fubly

Activity: 561
Merit: 521

Trustless IceColdWallet

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2014, 08:44:44 PM

I'm interested, I saw your work for the "Super Jup" and it was impressive! Are you thinking of something where we remove the Neptunes from their cubes and mount them on your base, plus associated plates and pieces? Or, are you going even further and thinking of a rackmount unit of some kind  Shocked

Case1:
I don't think so. It's only an needless try to get out more of this machines. But it will not be possible, because you can't
get more out of an old horse. Shocked

It`s only wasted time and electricity.

Case 2:
They make it for fun

Case 3:
narrowness

Most cases 1 and 3 together

lol guys!

I'm only frustraded about the frankenjups

p.s. I worte today to the chamber of commerce and now waiting for an answer

each time you send a transaction don't forget to use a new address, each time you receive one also!
mo_mo

Activity: 194

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 09:19:20 PM

anyone in eastern canada host miners?
jtan1ph

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 09:28:27 PM

Hash while you wait started mining. How do I reverse this?
HardwareReviewer

Activity: 255
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 09:33:05 PM

Hash while you wait started mining. How do I reverse this?

May be difficult now since it has been started. Best chance is to contact them by phone asap, and cry a little bit. If it doesn't work, try yelling.

Prepare to enter a world of stress
The Avenger

Activity: 798

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 09:58:21 PM

Check it out - someone posted a video of them powering up 4 neptune boxes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5s3-c2gpbEs

"I am not The Avenger"
1AthxGvreWbkmtTXed6EQfjXMXXdSG7dD6
HardwareReviewer

Activity: 255

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 10:03:25 PM

Check it out - someone posted a video of them powering up 4 neptune boxes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5s3-c2gpbEs

Smiley
Let's hope that was KnCMiner's data centre.

Prepare to enter a world of stress
Elenelen

Activity: 203

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 10:04:21 PM

Maximum operating temperature of the BMR46x series is 125 C.

http://archive.ericsson.net/service/internet/picov/get?DocNo=28701-EN/LZT146435&Lang=EN&HighestFree=Y

Elenelen, when you get a chance could you please read the numbers on the two black 8 pin packages near the side of the board and post them here ?

There is no way to read anything on those VRM-boards: completely covered with the aluminum plate.

Not the VRM boards, the two 8 pin packages near the edge of the board please. They are in plain sight in the recent photo posted here ( https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=170332.msg7436143#msg7436143 )

Elenelen, have you had a chance to check these 8 pin packages yet? I'm curious to know too.

Yes, but no sorry: I cannot read anything (all is covered by the plate or foam).  Next weekend I will disassemble one box... I will post then.
fubly

Activity: 561
Merit: 521

Trustless IceColdWallet

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2014, 10:15:50 PM

each time you send a transaction don't forget to use a new address, each time you receive one also!
smoothrunnings

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 11:48:30 PM

I have it running now (I guess I'm the first...)

It does: about 3.3 Th  and 1950W at the wall (the internal ASIC-monitor gives about 1440W...I have no idea where the difference is going to).
The chip is running on 475 Mhz (and can be set to 500 {not tried yet}).

There is one new thing on the controller-board: on plug-6 there is a small display-board which gives info about the IP-address and Hash-speed (very nice)... but this means as well that 5 boxes is the maximum.

The one PCE-power plug isn't running hot {the fan is indeed pressing air through the hole}, but the cables are 44 degrees Celsius.

Post some pictures...
shmadz
Legendary

Activity: 1512

@theshmadz

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 12:45:00 AM

must have got my tracking number sometime last night as well.

It appears they are actually shipping en masse.

did anyone notice if the hashrate spiked then dropped recently? <smirk>

"You have no moral right to rule us, nor do you possess any methods of enforcement that we have reason to fear." - John Perry Barlow, 1996
crashoveride54902

Activity: 784
Merit: 504

Dream become broken often

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 01:29:14 AM

In my experience with KNC's 28nm hardware,  the primary thing stopping overclocking/better performance, was heat management.  The best solution was to make sure the underside of the board is cooled as well... even just placing a high speed fan on the bottom of the boards worked wonders.  I suspect that the neptune will be harder to overclock (the female pci-e connector and VRM's seem pushed hard on normal clock speeds, for one),  but having some sort of mounting solution to better cool the top and bottom of the board might be a good place to start. You could do this by having the metal sheet that you mount it raised slightly, and place vents underneath the boards (or cut little asic sized holes) to give room for some high powered fans on the bottom.  An even better idea might be to mount the boards upside down,  and give a place to mount fans on the top of the sheet, with holes in the sheet to allow air to go through.

If one were watercooling these boards,  I suspect that mounting them on their side might work really well also.  That way you could put, say,  a nepton 280L on the top side of the board,  and have a high powered air cooling solution on the other side/both sides to keep the VRM's and that PCI-e port cool.

Just some thoughts...

or if their was a picture of the bottom of the board...you could plan out one big heatsink for the bottom that would raise it up and then you could just put a high powered fan in front and would cool both top n bottom at same time...or just put copper vrm heatsinks on top n bottom like i did n use raisiers like i did...but i fear with the already high heat...you need above n beyond just the small heatsinks...unless maybe if you use server grade fans lol

could also just solder another female pcie connector on the bottom couldn't ya? idk anything bout that thou

kinda curious if that first nep. guy how his vrms are holding out? seeing any black smd caps yet?

Dreams of cyprto solving everything is slowly slipping away...Replaced by scams/hacks Sad
tolip_wen

Activity: 386

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 01:34:36 AM

I took the bait (while you wait) and spit it out.
My 15Kilogram box is in Germany now (headed to Chicago area).

THANK YOU FOR THE HEADS UP IN THIS THREAD!!!!!!

Had I not spit it out I would have traded 1 neptune for under 24 hours of hash while you wait.
It shipped same day as my HWYW would have started.

They make it easy to dislike/distrust them.

Perhaps I neet to get fitted for a hater hat.

On another note!!!
FrozenCPU now takes bitcoin!
They sell water cooling equip.

It's too bad RAM waterblocks are so expensive, 10-15 of them would tame a neptune's VRMs.
(I'll try making my own out of copper tubing)

I waited till shipping notice before installing new electrical load center.
Around USD $150 in parts if you DIY! Smiley    

YMMV
Smiley

'twisted research and opinion' donations happily accepted @
13362fxFAdrhagmCvSmFy4WoHrNRPG2V57
My sub 1337 vanity address Wink
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938

LIR DEV

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 01:37:44 AM

Just some thoughts...

or if their was a picture of the bottom of the board...you could plan out one big heatsink for the bottom that would raise it up and then you could just put a high powered fan in front and would cool both top n bottom at same time...or just put copper vrm heatsinks on top n bottom like i did n use raisiers like i did...but i fear with the already high heat...you need above n beyond just the small heatsinks...unless maybe if you use server grade fans lol

could also just solder another female pcie connector on the bottom couldn't ya? idk anything bout that thou

kinda curious if that first nep. guy how his vrms are holding out? seeing any black smd caps yet?
"Elenelen is a GIRL", and her "caps" are.....   Elenelen.....?    Wink

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
Pages: « 1 ... 1736 1737 1738 1739 1740 1741 1742 1743 1744 1745 1746 1747 1748 1749 1750 1751 1752 1753 1754 1755 1756 1757 1758 1759 1760 1761 1762 1763 1764 1765 1766 1767 1768 1769 1770 1771 1772 1773 1774 1775 1776 1777 1778 1779 1780 1781 1782 1783 1784 1785 [1786] 1787 1788 1789 1790 1791 1792 1793 1794 1795 1796 1797 1798 1799 1800 1801 1802 1803 1804 1805 1806 1807 1808 1809 1810 1811 1812 1813 1814 1815 1816 1817 1818 1819 1820 1821 1822 1823 1824 1825 1826 1827 1828 1829 1830 1831 1832 1833 1834 1835 1836 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: