Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:11:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 1753 1754 1755 1756 1757 1758 1759 1760 1761 1762 1763 1764 1765 1766 1767 1768 1769 1770 1771 1772 1773 1774 1775 1776 1777 1778 1779 1780 1781 1782 1783 1784 1785 1786 1787 1788 1789 1790 1791 1792 1793 1794 1795 1796 1797 1798 1799 1800 1801 1802 [1803] 1804 1805 1806 1807 1808 1809 1810 1811 1812 1813 1814 1815 1816 1817 1818 1819 1820 1821 1822 1823 1824 1825 1826 1827 1828 1829 1830 1831 1832 1833 1834 1835 1836 1837 1838 1839 1840 1841 1842 1843 1844 1845 1846 1847 1848 1849 1850 1851 1852 1853 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
crashoveride54902

Activity: 784
Merit: 504

Dream become broken often

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 01:21:35 AM

Are there no fans attached directly to the radiator? Really?! Does the case only have a single intake fan?
There is foam between heatsink and case.
Most of the fan air goes right thru heatsink.
The cubes are OK air tunnels, they work at 80F/26C ambient, lol.
The PCIe hole is on the fan side of heatsink and has good air pressure.
Frugal as they are this one makes sense.
On a "BTC miner noise scale" they are quiet.

YMMV
Smiley

So the air can't be directed around of the side, top or bottom of the heatsink at all? Still, a fan should be directly connected to the radiator to force the air through the radiator fins.

And so there is only the intake fan then, not even an exhaust fan for push-pull cooling? Even a fan connected to pull cool air through the radiator would be better than just a single case fan. I see a lot of room for improvement in cooling these units!

oh ya there is...taking them out of the case n raise'em up would do wonders...and cooler vrms = less watts Smiley

Dreams of cyprto solving everything is slowly slipping away...Replaced by scams/hacks Sad
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
xstr8guy

Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 01:25:22 AM

Are there no fans attached directly to the radiator? Really?! Does the case only have a single intake fan?

YMMV
Smiley

So the air can't be directed around of the side, top or bottom of the heatsink at all? Still, a fan should be directly connected to the radiator to force the air through the radiator fins.

And so there is only the intake fan then, not even an exhaust fan for push-pull cooling? Even a fan connected to pull cool air through the radiator would be better than just a single case fan. I see a lot of room for improvement in cooling these units!

oh ya there is...taking them out of the case n raise'em up would do wonders...and cooler vrms = less watts Smiley

And if they're removed from the cases then they will definitely need a fan directly connected to the radiator.
crashoveride54902

Dream become broken often

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 01:33:31 AM
Last edit: June 27, 2014, 01:50:21 AM by crashoveride54902

YMMV
Smiley

And if they're removed from the cases then they will definitely need a fan directly connected to the radiator.

idk how hot the radiator gets but on my nov units...i don't have a fan on them and they are just fine...the fan is still in front of the whole unit so its still getting air flow...they aren't even warm to the touch and i have them oc'd to 335 setting on padrinos FW so i guess i'm doing something right Cheesy

Dreams of cyprto solving everything is slowly slipping away...Replaced by scams/hacks Sad
shmadz
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

@theshmadz

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 02:08:04 AM

YMMV
Smiley

idk how hot the radiator gets but on my nov units...i don't have a fan on them and they are just fine...the fan is still in front of the whole unit so its still getting air flow...they aren't even warm to the touch and i have them oc'd to 335 setting on padrinos FW so i guess i'm doing something right Cheesy

idk about november units, as my jup is an october version with 2 chips that have a 0-die problem. there was a certain firmware v kncminer-0.98.1(beta) that would get mine to 550, but I had to restrict the airflow and get into the 75-80 degree range before it would hash at that rate. (any cooler and it would barely reach 400.)

recently I tried the new firmware cuz the advanced tab looked really cool, but now 2 of the chips only run with 3 out of 4 cores active. if I try to tweak the voltage and stuff to try to kick-start them, then the 0 core will turn on, but the other three turn off...

I tried to flash back, but it will not run at all with the old firmware anymore, so it's down to only 500 GH/s now. Sad

quite frustrating and counter-intuitive that a piece of computer hardware would run better when hotter, just bakes my brain.

"You have no moral right to rule us, nor do you possess any methods of enforcement that we have reason to fear." - John Perry Barlow, 1996
xstr8guy

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 02:35:35 AM

YMMV
Smiley

And you don't have 350 watts running through a Nov Jup chip like a Neptune has. And just because a Jupiter ASIC loves heat doesn't mean a Neptune ASIC necessarily does.
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 7962

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 02:45:41 AM

Just ask for refund for my titan order and they say all sales are final... KNC become so lame company and tread customers as slaves ...

Why would you ask for a refund? KnC said from Day 1 there would be no refunds on Titans.

Where does it say that for customers converting orders?

"For those of you wanting to convert an existing Neptune order to a titan order please contact customer service for assistance."

I wonder how customer service can switch out the orders without issue yet not be able to effect refunds in a timely manner. 
Cablez
Legendary

Activity: 1400

I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 02:49:03 AM

I just whipped this little number up for possible use on a Neptune.

I am considering upping it to 16AWG and HCS pins but only if there is demand for it.

Tired of substandard power distribution in your ASIC setup???   Chris' Custom Cablez will get you sorted out right!  No job too hard so PM me for a quote
Check my products or ask a question here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74397.0
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 02:53:10 AM

Just ask for refund for my titan order and they say all sales are final... KNC become so lame company and tread customers as slaves ...

Why would you ask for a refund? KnC said from Day 1 there would be no refunds on Titans.

"For those of you wanting to convert an existing Neptune order to a titan order please contact customer service for assistance."

I wonder how customer service can switch out the orders without issue yet not be able to effect refunds in a timely manner. 

Just don't get it mixed up....they likely would let you swap a Titan back to a Neptune at this point heh Smiley

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 7962

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 03:03:51 AM

Just don't get it mixed up....they likely would let you swap a Titan back to a Neptune at this point heh Smiley

Searing

Wonder if we would be able to swap out our bitcoin refunds (which they said would be faster than USD refund) back to a USD refund since at this point they both seem pretty darn slow.
Zelek Uther

Activity: 700

Run a Bitcoin node.

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 03:08:01 AM

I am considering upping it to 16AWG and HCS pins but only if there is demand for it.

So this would allow two pci-e cables from a PSU to be combined to the single pci-e receptacle on a Neppy module?

The advantage being less load on each pci-e cable, less chance of overheating?

I take it this 2-to-1 cable is strong enough to handle the power requirements, and a Neptune would need 5 of them in total?

What are HCS pins?

Run a Bitcoin node, support the network.
aasl

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 03:28:43 AM

So this would allow two pci-e cables from a PSU to be combined to the single pci-e receptacle on a Neppy module?

I take it this 2-to-1 cable is strong enough to handle the power requirements, and a Neptune would need 5 of them in total?

What are HCS pins?

I dont get it. suppose one asic box requires 20A current. with such adapter each pci-e cable will have 10A load. but 20A still applies on the adapter side. and such adapter is not with high quality (maybe no brand at all?). I think it is more dangerous using such 2-to-1 adapter.

by the way, how much current does one neptune asic box consume? and what is the max current for the normal pci-e cable?

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Cablez
Legendary

Activity: 1400

I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 03:29:00 AM

What are HCS pins?

The answer to your first question is yes.

The second question is yes..to a degree.  Yes in that the cables from your PSU will see less load and therefore less heat/chance of melting.  This adapter as is with regular pins and 18AWG wiring still has the same risks as if you used a regular PCIe cable.  The difference is that it is cheap and easily replaceable.

The upgraded version I have in mind will probably be overkill for this application but that is how I roll.  Molex makes a line of minifit pins suitable for high current systems that allow up to 12A instead of the regular 9A.

Tired of substandard power distribution in your ASIC setup???   Chris' Custom Cablez will get you sorted out right!  No job too hard so PM me for a quote
Check my products or ask a question here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74397.0
Zelek Uther

Activity: 700

Run a Bitcoin node.

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 03:34:02 AM

What are HCS pins?

The answer to your first question is yes.

The second question is yes..to a degree.  Yes in that the cables from your PSU will see less load and therefore less heat/chance of melting.  This adapter as is with regular pins and 18AWG wiring still has the same risks as if you used a regular PCIe cable.  The difference is that it is cheap and easily replaceable.

The upgraded version I have in mind will probably be overkill for this application but that is how I roll.  Molex makes a line of minifit pins suitable for high current systems that allow up to 12A instead of the regular 9A.
I'd be interested to hear details of the upgraded version.

Run a Bitcoin node, support the network.
opentoe
Legendary

Activity: 1274

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2014, 03:40:57 AM

In all this euphoria of those who have - finally - received their miners, I still want to point those who are still waiting for their refunds to another posting in the KnC-forum.

Many of those who asked for a refund received a response saying that they are very busy working on this and that the procedure is more complicated than we all would guess, however, without telling us what this complicated procedure is.

Now, that they are shipping out their hardware, the "excuse" by lie-bot "Kurt" sounds as follows:

We are currently in the production and shipping phase with the Neptune miners and our main priority and focus is on shipping the miners to customers as quickly as possible. Due to this extremely busy period the processing of refunds will be taking longer.

So he basically says that the bookkeeper is shipping or assembling Neptunes? Or that sending out Neptunes is a lot of work for the bookkeeper? That is, IMHO, pure crap.

On the other hand, it is a perfect evidence that KnC is withholding the funds on purpose and not because they are overloaded with work. No bookkeeper in a multi-million-operation would be overloaded by work because 500 parcels are sent out.

So now it isn't a question anymore if it is a B2B-deal or not. It is clear that KnC is fraudulent. So the more people file a legal complaint, the more likely it is that all those who may have damaged Neptunes or Neptunes which will not work properly (including possible hazard) can also file a lawsuit for fraud.

I really really strongly encourage all who are waiting for refunds to send a letter to the police in Sweden. Copy the legal department of the Swedish embassy in your country.

Apparently the accounts payable is involved in shipping now and packing up boxes. Did this company ever hear of departments? KNC just couldn't create a normal miner. They have to make this confusing miner that consists of multiple boxes, a single controller and short data cables. If I ever received a box like that I'd say to myself YEA, I just received 5 Neptune's!!!! Going forward they need to eliminate product names and just sell hashing power. God only knows if there was, what the next product would be. Maybe 10 large silver boxes. 15 boxes?

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
opentoe
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2014, 03:53:38 AM

couldn't resist...

Looks like I'm going to be fiddling with setting up a couple Neppies on Maui, and we have the ax1200's already, lol. Oh well.

I guess you don't read new  posts. This was posted about two pages back and repeated twice already.

opentoe
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2014, 03:58:01 AM

DPS2000-BB.  These PSU's are rock solid.  I run 5 Neptune boxes off each one.  No issues whatsoever. Smiley

And guess what? Those are the kind of power supplies Spondoolies come with, already built in for the customer.

http://www.artesyn.com/power/power-supplies/websheet/401/DS1200

Kind of shows you who's in the game thinking about things.

xstr8guy

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 04:42:59 AM

DPS2000-BB.  These PSU's are rock solid.  I run 5 Neptune boxes off each one.  No issues whatsoever. Smiley

And guess what? Those are the kind of power supplies Spondoolies come with, already built in for the customer.

http://www.artesyn.com/power/power-supplies/websheet/401/DS1200

Kind of shows you who's in the game thinking about things.

Yeah, pretty much every other ASIC manufacturer makes KNC look like amateurs. They may have been first with 28nm and 20nm but everything else about their miner design is of embarrassingly poor quality.
shmadz
Legendary

@theshmadz

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 04:44:07 AM

dude, I was waiting for this. upgraded model please, 16 gauge wires and I don't know what HCS pins are but I'll take it.

how much?

"You have no moral right to rule us, nor do you possess any methods of enforcement that we have reason to fear." - John Perry Barlow, 1996
shmadz
Legendary

@theshmadz

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 05:05:00 AM

Yeah, pretty much every other ASIC manufacturer makes KNC look like amateurs. They may have been first with 28nm and 20nm but everything else about their miner design is of embarrassingly poor quality.

pretty much, but for anyone that has noise as a limiting factor, can you recommend any better miner?

jelin1984
Legendary

Activity: 2408

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 05:16:00 AM

I can not go more than 375 2 cubes at corsair 1200i more 375
Shut down psu

What the ff
Pages: « 1 ... 1753 1754 1755 1756 1757 1758 1759 1760 1761 1762 1763 1764 1765 1766 1767 1768 1769 1770 1771 1772 1773 1774 1775 1776 1777 1778 1779 1780 1781 1782 1783 1784 1785 1786 1787 1788 1789 1790 1791 1792 1793 1794 1795 1796 1797 1798 1799 1800 1801 1802 [1803] 1804 1805 1806 1807 1808 1809 1810 1811 1812 1813 1814 1815 1816 1817 1818 1819 1820 1821 1822 1823 1824 1825 1826 1827 1828 1829 1830 1831 1832 1833 1834 1835 1836 1837 1838 1839 1840 1841 1842 1843 1844 1845 1846 1847 1848 1849 1850 1851 1852 1853 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: